Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Twins Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: General Twins Talk Page: <<   < prev  608 609 [610] 611 612   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Twins Talk - 1/31/2019 2:38:22 PM   
TJSweens

So you love the guys who are good at stuff that isn't worth being good at.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it.
Post #: 15226
RE: General Twins Talk - 1/31/2019 2:39:31 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

So you love the guys who are good at stuff that isn't worth being good at.

Give them a chance.

www.skornorth.com

"That win was for Joe."
Post #: 15227
RE: General Twins Talk - 1/31/2019 3:00:08 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

I've finally figured out why Matt likes Common
Him and Rosen currently ripping on callers who are ripping on the Pohlads.
Rosens biggest flaw ... protecting the fat cats who keep our teams MEDIOCRE

I listened to Common a couple times the past week. I never listened him before. My tuning in stops. The guy is an idiot.

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 15228
RE: General Twins Talk - 1/31/2019 4:18:13 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Worst current contracts on all 30 teams

27. Minnesota Twins: Phil Hughes (1 year, $5.95 million)

You can't have any bad contracts when you don't sign anybody to long-term deals. The Twins' past two offseasons have been curious as they've had all kinds of payroll flexibility and yet have played it more conservatively. Anyway, the Twins are flushing $5.95 million down the toilet on Hughes, who is no longer on the roster. They're not even paying the highest percentage of Hughes' salary: The Padres will pay him $7.25 million not to pitch for them.

Best contract

Especially the part he's not on the team

Who cares, right? No phil to suffer through, just a lot of other garbage.

“Terrible thing to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.”
Post #: 15229
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 8:00:07 AM   
lylej

More Info on up and coming prospects.....whoopie!

http://twinsdaily.com/articles.html/_/minnesota-twins-news/minnesota-twins-minor-leagues/twins-daily-2019-top-prospects-11-15-r7492

Good pitching will beat good hitting any time, and vice versa.
Post #: 15230
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 9:22:48 AM   
ronhextall

I see no point in the Twins spending money this year. You have to have a core to add around. The Twins have nothing but question marks.
Post #: 15231
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 10:38:21 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

I see no point in the Twins spending money this year. You have to have a core to add around. The Twins have nothing but question marks.

Thank you.

"That win was for Joe."
Post #: 15232
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 10:48:50 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

TR question marks. So now we have to wait another 4-5 years for the Failvine guys to flop.

Post #: 15233
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 11:04:58 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

I've finally figured out why Matt likes Common
Him and Rosen currently ripping on callers who are ripping on the Pohlads.
Rosens biggest flaw ... protecting the fat cats who keep our teams MEDIOCRE

I like Common because he realizes that sports aren't very important.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 15234
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 12:17:02 PM   
Jeff Allen

Twins can win the Central this season. That should be the mindset. We are not the freaking Tigers. Sign Keuchel and Kimbrel and make a run at it. Why the hell not?
Post #: 15235
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 12:32:06 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Allen

Twins can win the Central this season. That should be the mindset. We are not the freaking Tigers. Sign Keuchel and Kimbrel and make a run at it. Why the hell not?

Exactly! We aren't in the AL East. Sign Keuchel and Kimbrel instead of waiting to see if Sano and Buxton break out before acquiring more talent. If S&B crap out and things don't pan out, we have still acquired several movable pieces to use the deadline.

Post #: 15236
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 12:48:08 PM   
Pauldiercks1

The Pohlads have very little interest in wining. If it is a happy accident then great!! I don't recall anytime in the last 30 yrs that they have gone out and paid to bring in a top flight player as a free agent from another team. They rank where they do in revenue partly because fans get sick of being taken year after year. I'd be happy to pay more for tickets if I thought they were trying to win. As is I refuse to go to games as long as the staus quo continues. I'm happy to pay for Vikings tickets. Maybe they don't win the big game but there is no doubt they have made to effort to do so. That's all I ask.
On the Fan they say they don't expect them to shell out 200-300 million for free agents. Why not? There is enough interest that the fans would love it and deal with increased ticket prices. maybe they would command a better tv contract as well. I really don't understand how the tv contract works to be honest but I would think it would increase in short time. I believe we could be a top ten revenue team if it wasn't run like crap.

lol my little rant. Feel free to disagree but I'm tired of the same old crap.
Post #: 15237
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 2:02:32 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Exactly! We aren't in the AL East. Sign Keuchel and Kimbrel instead of waiting to see if Sano and Buxton break out before acquiring more talent. If S&B crap out and things don't pan out, we have still acquired several movable pieces to use the deadline.

I totally agree. So a contingency of them signing here would be Absolutely no "no trade" clauses.

That might be the monkey in the wrench right there.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 15238
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 2:03:16 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

I totally agree. So a contingency of them signing here would be Absolutely no "no trade" clauses.

Who would demand not to be traded out of here?

Post #: 15239
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 2:51:34 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Who would demand not to be traded out of here?

Nobody in their right minds....but these are professional athletes. Who ever accused them of being in their right minds?

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 15240
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 3:06:45 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

The Pohlads have very little interest in wining. If it is a happy accident then great!! I don't recall anytime in the last 30 yrs that they have gone out and paid to bring in a top flight player as a free agent from another team. They rank where they do in revenue partly because fans get sick of being taken year after year. I'd be happy to pay more for tickets if I thought they were trying to win. As is I refuse to go to games as long as the staus quo continues. I'm happy to pay for Vikings tickets. Maybe they don't win the big game but there is no doubt they have made to effort to do so. That's all I ask.
On the Fan they say they don't expect them to shell out 200-300 million for free agents. Why not? There is enough interest that the fans would love it and deal with increased ticket prices. maybe they would command a better tv contract as well. I really don't understand how the tv contract works to be honest but I would think it would increase in short time. I believe we could be a top ten revenue team if it wasn't run like crap.

???

How many are truly in on Harper and Machado...the Twins have spent on Cruz, Erv, Willingham, Reed, Nolasco, etc. just in the last couple. The biggest thing is spending money in a smart way and not overpay for Pelfrey, Nolasco, Correia, Hughes (after he was already signed)....if the can get Kimbrel and Kuechel at reasonable rates you do it......I really wouldn't mind Gio either.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 15241
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 4:15:19 PM   
twinsfan

There is a report coming out of Atlanta that the Twins are nearing a deal with Craig Kimbrel.

"That win was for Joe."
Post #: 15242
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/1/2019 8:49:39 PM   
TJSweens

I don't even need to look. You're lying.

Post #: 15243
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/2/2019 8:11:42 AM   
twinsfan

Berrios is a sleeper Cy Young candidate:

https://www.mlb.com/news/sleeper-mlb-cy-young-candidates-for-2019/c-303399092

Jose Berrios, Twins

2018 stats: 12-11, 3.84 ERA, 192 1/3 IP, 202 K's, 61 BB

There were high points -- like a three-hit shutout at Camden Yards to begin the year -- and low points throughout 2018 for Berrios. That mix of potential and backfires have defined his young career. But there's simply too much raw talent here to not believe Berrios can put everything together sooner rather than later, starting with his frisbee-like curveball. Command is the next step -- if Berrios can consistently repeat his mechanics from start to start, the rest of the AL Central is in trouble.

"That win was for Joe."
Post #: 15244
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/2/2019 9:07:19 AM   
twinsfan

The Twins have offered Kimbrel the best contract of any team - $45 million over 3 years.

"That win was for Joe."
Post #: 15245
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/2/2019 10:05:37 AM   
TJSweens

I still haven't looked and I still don't believe you.

Post #: 15246
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/2/2019 11:06:41 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

Because the wunder kids have already spoken, "wait and see approach".

Post #: 15247
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/2/2019 11:08:53 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

Welcome Paul. Are you entirely new to this forum?

Post #: 15248
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/2/2019 11:11:11 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Berrios is a sleeper Cy Young candidate:

https://www.mlb.com/news/sleeper-mlb-cy-young-candidates-for-2019/c-303399092

Jose Berrios, Twins

2018 stats: 12-11, 3.84 ERA, 192 1/3 IP, 202 K's, 61 BB

There were high points -- like a three-hit shutout at Camden Yards to begin the year -- and low points throughout 2018 for Berrios. That mix of potential and backfires have defined his young career. But there's simply too much raw talent here to not believe Berrios can put everything together sooner rather than later, starting with his frisbee-like curveball. Command is the next step -- if Berrios can consistently repeat his mechanics from start to start, the rest of the AL Central is in trouble.

More like Passed Out. Berrios is too inconsistent.

Post #: 15249
RE: General Twins Talk - 2/2/2019 11:12:27 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

The Twins have offered Kimbrel the best contract of any team - $45 million over 3 years.

I don't believe any of this because Failvine have stated they are doing anything more significant before the season starts.

Post #: 15250
Page:   <<   < prev  608 609 [610] 611 612   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: General Twins Talk Page: <<   < prev  608 609 [610] 611 612   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode