Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Minnesota Lynx

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Minnesota Lynx Page: <<   < prev  145 146 [147] 148 149   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 6/13/2019 12:20:38 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Seimone Augustus certainly has an argument. Actually maybe I'd rank her ahead of Smith. Close call. Lindsey barely makes my Top 10, to be honest with you.

A soon to be WNBA Hall of Famer barely cracks your top 10. Interesting take.

Her peak years were played elsewhere.

No they weren't. In fact that's just a ridiculous statement. Three of her top four top scoring averages were with the Lynx. Her five highest assist totals were with the Lynx. Her shooting % was much higher here. She helped the Lynx to 6 WNBA finals, winning 4. Augustus, Fowles and Moore have said repeatedly that everything keyed off of Lindsay.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3651
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 6/13/2019 12:31:46 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Seimone Augustus certainly has an argument. Actually maybe I'd rank her ahead of Smith. Close call. Lindsey barely makes my Top 10, to be honest with you.

No they weren't. In fact that's just a ridiculous statement. Three of her top four top scoring averages were with the Lynx. Her five highest assist totals were with the Lynx. Her shooting % was much higher here. She helped the Lynx to 6 WNBA finals, winning 4. Augustus, Fowles and Moore have said repeatedly that everything keyed off of Lindsay.

Interesting that her numbers reached new highs when she was surrounded by great players.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3652
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 6/13/2019 12:42:33 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Interesting that her numbers reached new highs when she was surrounded by great players.

She was surrounded by good players in Connecticut too. She led them to a couple of WNBA finals too. It looks like where ever she went, winning followed.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3653
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 6/13/2019 12:44:44 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

She was surrounded by good players in Connecticut too. She led them to a couple of WNBA finals too. It looks like where ever she went, winning followed.

Good point.

1. Whalen
2. Augustus
3. Smith
4. Moore
5. Fowles

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3654
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 6/14/2019 10:20:58 PM   
David Levine

3 straight losses and we're suddenly 4-4.
Post #: 3655
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 6/15/2019 9:38:01 AM   
TJSweens

They barely made the playoffs with Maya Moore last year. Their chances of getting there without her aren't good. Especially with Shepherd going down.

Post #: 3656
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 6/16/2019 10:01:53 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

They barely made the playoffs with Maya Moore last year. Their chances of getting there without her aren't good. Especially with Shepherd going down.

Yep. They are now 4-4 after starting 3-0. Might have been fools gold.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3657
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 6/17/2019 10:21:34 AM   
David Levine

Lynx score the first bucket of the game and hold the lead up until 2 minutes are left in the 4th.

And lose by 5...
Post #: 3658
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 6/17/2019 1:10:27 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Lynx score the first bucket of the game and hold the lead up until 2 minutes are left in the 4th.

And lose by 5...

I was there. Very disappointing.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3659
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/10/2019 9:19:11 PM   
kgdabom

Lynx have been forgotten with all the NBA stuff going on, but they are 8-6 in 4th place. Odyssey Sims stepping up big time 5th in the league in scoring and 5th in assists. Not bad at all.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 7/10/2019 9:23:32 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3660
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/15/2019 12:00:19 PM   
TJSweens

Congratulations to Big Syl for breaking Lisa Leslie's record and now being the all time WNBA leader in double doubles.

The Lynx now have one of the top four records in the WNBA. They just got Temi Fagbenle back from the UK national team. Ceci Zandalasini is due back from the Italian national team next week. Sims has really added a lot of pace to the lineup. At this point, Napheesa Collier looks like the WNBA rookie of the year. I'm quite pleasantly surprised at how quickly the transformation of this team has occurred.

Post #: 3661
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/15/2019 2:38:04 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

Congratulations to Big Syl for breaking Lisa Leslie's record and now being the all time WNBA leader in double doubles.

The Lynx now have one of the top four records in the WNBA. They just got Temi Fagbenle back from the UK national team. Ceci Zandalasini is due back from the Italian national team next week. Sims has really added a lot of pace to the lineup. At this point, Napheesa Collier looks like the WNBA rookie of the year. I'm quite pleasantly surprised at how quickly the transformation of this team has occurred.

This is like saying Tyler Duffey is one of our best relievers.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3662
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/15/2019 2:52:38 PM   
SoMnFan

An org that GETS how to run a professional franchise
VERY refreshing
Post #: 3663
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/15/2019 2:53:02 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Ouch, very sexist, Mr Dahllllllll
Post #: 3664
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/15/2019 3:03:49 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Not to mention Tyler Duffey isn't one of our best relievers.

Post #: 3665
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/16/2019 8:33:11 AM   
TJSweens

Fowles and Sims named to the All Star team as reserves.

Post #: 3666
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/17/2019 8:43:05 PM   
kgdabom

I tuned in a few minutes ago and the Lynx were way down. Now they've come back from a 17 point 4th quarter deficit and cut it to 3 with 4:26 remaining.
'

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3667
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/17/2019 8:45:46 PM   
kgdabom

Got within one with the ball, but now down 5 two minutes to go. Chances are slim, but still in it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3668
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/17/2019 8:47:37 PM   
kgdabom

Natasha Howard KILLING us. Didn't she used to be our player? 29 points 5 stocks, shooting 3s, rebounding and assisting.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3669
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/17/2019 9:42:01 PM   
kgdabom

Natasha Howard ends up with 33.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3670
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/21/2019 10:31:16 AM   
kgdabom

Hasn't been much Lynx talk for a long time. They are currently 13-15 which is pretty good for a rebuilding year. They are 3.5 games up on the three teams behind them for the final playoff spot. League is at 12 teams now with 8 making the playoffs and some very strange playoff rules.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3671
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/21/2019 3:06:24 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do we care to readdress this?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3672
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/21/2019 3:25:48 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do we care to readdress this?

No.

Post #: 3673
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/29/2019 8:38:19 AM   
TJSweens

Congratulations to the Lynx for making the playoffs in what was supposed to be a full rebuilding year. The lineup was Big Syl surrounded by 4 new starters. Napisha Collier also continues to build her case for rookie of the year.

Post #: 3674
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/29/2019 11:50:20 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Congratulations to the Lynx for making the playoffs in what was supposed to be a full rebuilding year. The lineup was Big Syl surrounded by 4 new starters. Napisha Collier also continues to build her case for rookie of the year.

Just think if the other rookie hadn't tore her ACL...

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3675
Page:   <<   < prev  145 146 [147] 148 149   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Minnesota Lynx Page: <<   < prev  145 146 [147] 148 149   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode