Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Just Out Of Curiosity

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Just Out Of Curiosity Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/2/2016 10:38:22 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I had gone through fairly quickly and cut each story out and saved it in a notebook...then I realized I would be the original poster on each post so I scrapped it.

I doubt anyone would take offense if this thread was cleaned up and only left with original stories. 5 minutes.

All told in 9 years years that would make what, 10 minutes of actual moderating?

Wake up from your coma Todd. Your belief that we have only one thread that has posts that have gone off topic is hilarious. Really? ALL of the threads go off topic. Five minutes? More like 5 hours to delete all of the posts that stray from the original topic.

But don't tempt me to invest 5 minutes in moderating YOUR posts.

Those who observe tyranny in silence are complicit.
Post #: 251
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/2/2016 10:46:04 PM   
Todd M

Existential midlife crisis mode engaged.
Post #: 252
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/27/2016 7:27:42 PM   
Thomas O. Eliason

Chuck Norris tossed a had grenade, killing 30 people. Then the grenade exploded.

Chuck Norris' shadow is afraid of Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris beat the sun in a staring contest.

Chuck Norris can hear sign language.

Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.

Chuck Norris once killed two stones with one bird.

PPE II baby
Post #: 253
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/27/2016 7:44:31 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I had gone through fairly quickly and cut each story out and saved it in a notebook...then I realized I would be the original poster on each post so I scrapped it.

I doubt anyone would take offense if this thread was cleaned up and only left with original stories. 5 minutes.

All told in 9 years years that would make what, 10 minutes of actual moderating?

Wake up from your coma Todd. Your belief that we have only one thread that has posts that have gone off topic is hilarious. Really? ALL of the threads go off topic. Five minutes? More like 5 hours to delete all of the posts that stray from the original topic.

But don't tempt me to invest 5 minutes in moderating YOUR posts.

Give Todd moderating powers for a day. Would it be that big of a deal?
Post #: 254
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/27/2016 8:20:25 PM   
Ian Joseph

Ok.. its clean (for the most part).. didn't scrap any stories and the applicable direct responses to them.

I'll delete this particular post once the thread kicks back up.. youre welcome. And it wasn't five minutes.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 255
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/27/2016 8:30:00 PM   
Todd M

Looks like you eliminated the posts of and about the 'hot' chicks that were put up and not much else.

You could have scaled this back WAY further.

Post #: 256
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/27/2016 8:43:19 PM   
Todd M

Could easily cut 70 posts out. A 3rd.

Post #: 257
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/27/2016 9:19:54 PM   
Ian Joseph

See, here I am on a frickin Saturday night deciding to do something nice at your request and restore this thread to its original intention. And in true fashion, you go and bellyache about what else could have been fixed, rather than just be grateful that someone actually took it upon themselves to listen to one of your site suggestions.

So, now, you get to once again deal with all the muck that was here. I'm restoring everything.

Enjoy.

< Message edited by Ian Joseph -- 2/27/2016 9:22:46 PM >

Believe.
Post #: 258
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/27/2016 10:06:04 PM  3 votes
Todd M

Love dropping my mouse and losing a long post like that...

Maybe it was meant to be...was emotionally charged.

Anyway, I'll just go with - don't need people like you in my life Ian. You are a huge disappointment to me. I'm the only one who will know how this truly played out as you'll never have a self check and get that you're not as big a person as you might want people to thing you are.

Post #: 259
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/27/2016 11:32:11 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

See, here I am on a frickin Saturday night deciding to do something nice at your request and restore this thread to its original intention. And in true fashion, you go and bellyache about what else could have been fixed, rather than just be grateful that someone actually took it upon themselves to listen to one of your site suggestions.

So, now, you get to once again deal with all the muck that was here. I'm restoring everything.

Enjoy.

c'mon Ian..

really??

you'll put back crap just to spite Mallett??

thats petty..

get over it.

"Thou shall not bear false witness"
There will be hell to pay.
Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the “M” is silent.......
Post #: 260
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/27/2016 11:37:25 PM   
thebigo

Post #: 261
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/27/2016 11:58:26 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Enjoy.

c'mon Ian..

really??

you'll put back crap just to spite Mallett??

thats petty..

get over it.

Honestly, Dan.. I'm tired of grown ass men acting like whiny bitches. I'm a grown ass man and honestly, I don't have time for that kind of shit.

I come to this site becuz I want to, period. I don't owe anybody on here an effen thing beyond Toby, Dwayne and company for setting up the site. I love damn near everybody here, even when they act like dickheads, but I'm almost 40 years old and I'm not putting up with people's bullshit.

I handled the thread as I saw fit. It wasn't good enough to the point where the kingfish crybaby bitch dressed up like Todd Mallett decided he needed to cry about what was left, like it effen mattered that I didn't dump photos of video games and whatnot. So, the hell with it.. he can deal with all the shit he didn't want to see.

I love this thread; its great. But, I'm real short for folks and their bullshit in 2016. So, in the vein of that, straight to Mallett.. if you don't like what I did, then do it yourfcukinself.

Believe.
Post #: 262
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/28/2016 12:28:46 AM  1 votes
JT2

You look way older than 40.
Post #: 263
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/28/2016 1:08:00 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

I hope a mouse takes a dump in your favorite pair of Nikes.

Believe.
Post #: 264
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/28/2016 1:55:34 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

I hope a mouse takes a dump in your favorite pair of Nikes.

I once had a girlfriend (insert joke here) that had a cat. That frickin cat did shit in and on my shoes. Had to kill her. Not the cat.
Post #: 265
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/28/2016 7:55:24 AM   
Ian Joseph

Lol.. Well, at least PETA won't be stalking you.

Believe.
Post #: 266
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/29/2016 7:43:45 AM   
Todd M

Instead of stewing over this I'd simply like to say my peace.

Twice now I've simply said words and gotten my balls jumped on by Ian.

Once, feels like last year around this time - I simply offered a differing opinion to David F's grandmother's potential dementia than Greg Tenn's. I wasn't rude, or cocky, or disrespectful. Ian pm's me and blasts me. I've gotten a few nasty pm's over the years but they were during flame wars. Here's a guy I thought I was friends with tearing me down and insulting me over something that a) he wasn't even a part of and b) over something that Greg himself took no issue over...

Then, now, when Ian comes in like some sort of conquering hero for the mod work he did on a Sat night and I simply point out that if the intention was to 'return the thread to it's intended form' at least 'pretty much' it fell well short of that mark. Which it did. There was tons of unimportant/off topic replies left. Talk of the push off on the page before this for example. I wasn't insulting, or rude.

Yet I get "whiny bitch" "kingfish crybaby bitch dressed up like Todd Mallett"

Does that not seem totally over the top for what I said?

Ian even said to conclude his rake over the coals pm that 'if I ever got my shit together and become more like the "old Toddy" that he might see me differently again...and here I am going through a life change, trying to better myself and I get this vitriol thrown at me for making a statement?

Sorry I didn't jump up and down and spit quarters for all the hard work you did voluntarily on a Sat night but I didn't deserve that.

Called out for being a whiny bitch, and all the other things said...for what?

What about being an absolute prick to someone? Doesn't that count for anything?

No, Ian will be carried off on everyone's shoulders while I sit here and feel like a schlub. Seems fair.

Post #: 267
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/29/2016 8:36:58 AM   
bohumm

Todd, I know what you're going through and hope your health initiatives are going well, but when I saw what you wrote I cringed. After seeing the outpouring on here for your situation, I was quite stunned that you'd feel the need to tell Ian or anyone else volunteering time to this site we all enjoy that their efforts were weak. I don't even see exactly what had to be cleaned up. When there's stuff I don't think applies or I find annoying, I scroll past it. There are a handful of posters whose blurbs I scroll past for a variety of reasons, from dickishness to insipidness to obtuseness, and I'm sure some do the same with my posts.

The people who put in work to keep this site operating deserve respect and, yes, occasional indulgence if need be. To express disappointment in the efforts undertaken with no compensation seems petty at best, especially considering it was in response to your request.

You're better than that.
Post #: 268
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/29/2016 8:54:50 AM   
Todd M

I respectfully disagree.

I made a statement. A true statement. Ian's the one that 'did the work' and then acted like I should jump up and down and spit quarters. He called it 'cleaned up' and then added 'you're welcome'. It's like my house needed cleaning and I noted it to my wife. I come home and she notes that she picked up a stray toilet paper tube and says 'you're welcome'. If I point out, without rudeness or condescension, that there was more to be done - where do I have to be 'a bigger person'?

I've been a mod here. It is not as overwhelming as one might have you think. It takes very little to delete a post. I'd bet a chunk that given 15 minutes I could have restored this thread to the original intentions. Sure, that's not 5...but I would have gotten the job done. And not come in looking for a cookie.

I made a simple request that Dan's awesome thread and posters awesome contributions be highlighted...by removing all the fluff. Not sure why that is coming back to bite me.

And like I said; I'm a schub and Ian deserves 'respect and indulgence'...

Post #: 269
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/29/2016 9:12:31 AM   
Ricky J

I was going to post, then decided on a pm, then said "F it" just leave it alone - but I'm not good at leaving anything alone.

My objective view of what happened here:

I was confused with what exactly you wanted, Todd. Did you just want the posters stories for historical purposes? We used to have a picture thread (Strib?) of all the posters that was a nice thing.

I was going to send you a pm after you and Ian had a little blow up thinking the best approach from here would be to send Ian a pm thanking him for his efforts, apologizing for any misunderstanding and explaining to him exactly what it is you wanted. I have a hard time believing Ian didn't act in good faith. I'm pretty sure I would of flipped too if my efforts were rewarded with criticism.

Another thing that I have found disturbing from as far back as the Strib days is when people comment about PM messages they have with people. P = private

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 2/29/2016 3:43:01 PM >
Post #: 270
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/29/2016 9:43:03 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

We used to have a picture thread (Strib?) of all the posters that was a nice thing.

Its still there!

(More than a bit outdated, but still a blast to look at)

http://home.earthlink.net/~lyndee39/page1.htm
Post #: 271
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/29/2016 9:57:17 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

We used to have a picture thread (Strib?) of all the posters that was a nice thing.

Its still there!

(More than a bit outdated, but still a blast to look at)

http://home.earthlink.net/~lyndee39/page1.htm

Everyone's thinner and younger-looking now, ...... right?
Post #: 272
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/29/2016 9:02:19 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I was going to post, then decided on a pm, then said "F it" just leave it alone - but I'm not good at leaving anything alone.

I was confused with what exactly you wanted, Todd. Did you just want the posters stories for historical purposes? We used to have a picture thread (Strib?) of all the posters that was a nice thing.

I was going to send you a pm after you and Ian had a little blow up thinking the best approach from here would be to send Ian a pm thanking him for his efforts, apologizing for any misunderstanding and explaining to him exactly what it is you wanted. I have a hard time believing Ian didn't act in good faith. I'm pretty sure I would of flipped too if my efforts were rewarded with criticism.

Another thing that I have found disturbing from as far back as the Strib days is when people comment about PM messages they have with people. P = private

PMs are only private if both people agree they are private messages. IMO. As a rule I treat them as private. Exceptions would be if some asshole sent me a rude, or mean spirited PM, I'm under no legal or moral obligation to keep it private, and the sender should have no expectation of privacy. If the conversations are amicable, there is a moral obligation to keep it private IMO. That said, I have no expectations of my PMs remaining private, but then my PMs are never worse than what I might post publicly. But if some were to make public my PMs, I would probably no longer PM them, and I might think less of them.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 2/29/2016 9:09:54 PM >
Post #: 273
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/29/2016 9:47:25 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

PMs are only private if both people agree they are private messages. IMO. As a rule I treat them as private. Exceptions would be if some asshole sent me a rude, or mean spirited PM, I'm under no legal or moral obligation to keep it private, and the sender should have no expectation of privacy. If the conversations are amicable, there is a moral obligation to keep it private IMO. That said, I have no expectations of my PMs remaining private, but then my PMs are never worse than what I might post publicly. But if some were to make public my PMs, I would probably no longer PM them, and I might think less of them.

I agree ... except I have a little problem with the first sentence. If I'm talking to someone about stuff I wouldn't talk about in public and that person continues the conversation one should assume it is a private conversation, imo.
Post #: 274
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 2/29/2016 10:06:37 PM  1 votes
Ian Joseph

Been waiting all day to respond to this.. wasn't going to use my phone to type a message, since I'm going to get a couple of things off my chest.

Todd, this is 99% to you. After this, I consider my piece said; you're welcome to respond and have the last word, but I'm done with it.

I read both of your posts and honestly, I just don't get you. Maybe its becuz I'm just a guy from the inner city, ghetto really, and I don't make time for men that act like you. Maybe its just becuz I don't understand how someone can make such a big deal out of what happens on a chat board. Maybe, its just becuz in the grand scheme, I don't worry about shit that doesn't affect how I live, eat or pay my bills. Whatever the case may be, I just don't get you.

To me, as in my opinion, you are the eternal victim. Everything happens to you and nothing is your fault. I have no idea why you toss around terms and phrases like I'm a "conquering hero," while you're a schleb. I've lost count of how many pity parties you've thrown in your posts about how no one listens to you or cares about how you feel. And it makes no sense to me, especially on a damn chat board.

And then you want to put all this extra on it, about how becuz I cleaned up a thread, I'm looking to be celebrated or exhalted? Really?!? Who gives a shit?!!? Truthfully, there is NOTHING happening on here that is THAT serious.

Threads get moderated, some more than others. And Mods do what they can when they can. Sometimes its quick, sometimes it aint. And honestly, we don't really care about most of the criticisms, especially when theyre not warranted. I know I don't give a shit.

As far as the "you're welcome" comment, it was on purpose due to what I considered to be your incessant ranting and crying about cleaning up this thread, even after Lynn told you in her own way to not worry about it. I knew I was doing YOU a favor. And in True Mallett fashion, as soon as it wasn't done to your personal liking, it was a problem, as if someone had wronged you.

You could have always have policed the thread yourself. Except YOU are the guy that gave up being a moderator becuz you couldn't handle the responsibility of censoring people and/or telling them what they could or couldn't say. I'm only a moderator becuz you gave it up. They didn't initially ask me; they asked YOU.

Truthfully, none of that even matters. I just want you to come at me on this site like one grown ass man talking to another. Not high school buddies, not co-workers having a beer, just a grown ass man talking to another. That's it. All that other shit is extra and unnecessary.

Like I said before, I do what I do here becuz I want to; not out of obligation or for attention, notoriety, or payment. And as such, absent doing something downright despicable, I don't have the desire nor need to answer to you or anybody else on this site. Like you, I'll say what I want to say and deal with who agrees and who doesnt accordingly. But, the more you approach me on this site like you've lost your damn mind or unlike an adult, I'll treat you just like that.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from. I'm done.

Believe.
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Just Out Of Curiosity Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode