Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2018 5:32:04 PM   
Todd M

He has a 1000 yard season left in him.
Post #: 826
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2018 5:39:18 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I see a report that Adrian Peterson got a one year contract with the Redskins. I think that there's a reasonable chance he doesn't make the team, though.

He will make the team. The bigger question is will they keep him for the entire season.

Peterson actually won Offensive Player of the Week for the Cards last year and had another huge game.

But despite that he averaged 3.1 yards per game, or there abouts. He also got cut by the Cardinals. So, I'm not a betting man, but I'm thinking there's a 50/50 chance he makes the team and it's about 10:1 that he winds up as the starter. They have lost some running backs to injury, but he is a shell of what he used to be.

Here is the comment from the coach:

Coach Jay Gruden said the team isn't looking for a starter, as that job belongs to Rob Kelley.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24418199/adrian-peterson-visited-washington-redskins-team-seeks-running-back-depth

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 827
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2018 5:52:35 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

I see a report that Adrian Peterson got a one year contract with the Redskins. I think that there's a reasonable chance he doesn't make the team, though.

He will make the team. The bigger question is will they keep him for the entire season.

Peterson actually won Offensive Player of the Week for the Cards last year and had another huge game.

But despite that he averaged 3.1 yards per game, or there abouts. He also got cut by the Cardinals. So, I'm not a betting man, but I'm thinking there's a 50/50 chance he makes the team and it's about 10:1 that he winds up as the starter. They have lost some running backs to injury, but he is a shell of what he used to be.

Here is the comment from the coach:

Coach Jay Gruden said the team isn't looking for a starter, as that job belongs to Rob Kelley.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24418199/adrian-peterson-visited-washington-redskins-team-seeks-running-back-depth

I play in some 16 team fantasy football leagues where I have Rob Kelley. So this is good to hear. Want to see AP get TD 100 rushing. He's at 99 right now. Don't know if that's just regular season or combined with playoffs. Peterson finished the season on IR. He was released this season.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/20/2018 5:53:49 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 828
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2018 6:11:46 PM   
Bruce Johnson

To be honest with you, I never heard of Rob Kelley before, but I am warming up to him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/kelley-is-redskins-top-rb-despite-peterson-charles-visits/2018/08/20/d096130e-a493-11e8-ad6f-080770dcddc2_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d7a028a8e9a8

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 829
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2018 6:19:12 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

To be honest with you, I never heard of Rob Kelley before, but I am warming up to him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/kelley-is-redskins-top-rb-despite-peterson-charles-visits/2018/08/20/d096130e-a493-11e8-ad6f-080770dcddc2_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d7a028a8e9a8

Other than Chris Thompson the Washington Rushing attack was very bad overall last year. Neither Kelley or Perine could get much going on the ground and Thompson isn't an every down back. It appears that Kelley has the upper hand on Perine to be the early down back this year.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 830
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2018 9:48:00 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

He has a 1000 yard season left in him.

On 300 carries
Post #: 831
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2018 10:23:29 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

No chance Peterson gets to 1000 yards. Come on!
Post #: 832
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2018 11:10:28 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

No chance Peterson gets to 1000 yards. Come on!

It wouldn't totally shock me. He had over 500 in I think 9 games last year.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 833
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2018 7:50:47 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I doubt that he will have more than 100 yards rushing for the whole season.

Post #: 834
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2018 8:17:01 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Other than Chris Thompson the Washington Rushing attack was very bad overall last year. Neither Kelley or Perine could get much going on the ground and Thompson isn't an every down back. It appears that Kelley has the upper hand on Perine to be the early down back this year.

If they're oline is healthy they have some very good players up front. Attrition got that group last year.

Problem is and always has been when AD is in the game it's usually a running play. If it isn't he won't block and qb gets killed.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 835
RE: Other NFL News - 8/21/2018 12:49:23 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

His nickname is Fat Rob. Gave it to himself actually. The fans really like him.
Post #: 836
RE: Other NFL News - 8/24/2018 11:02:14 PM   
kgdabom

Josh Jackson rookie CB for the Puke showing his college playmaking ways might translate into the pros. He had a second pick six of the preseason, but it was called back due to a penalty that had nothing to do with the play.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 837
RE: Other NFL News - 8/24/2018 11:06:13 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Josh Jackson rookie CB for the Puke showing his college playmaking ways might translate into the pros. He had a second pick six of the preseason, but it was called back due to a penalty that had nothing to do with the play.

Wait till Diggs double moves him.
Post #: 838
RE: Other NFL News - 8/24/2018 11:37:22 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Wait till Diggs double moves him.

Sounds good, but there is smoke around him and that usually means fire. On another front it appears that Adrian Peterson is going to be the lead back for the team that plays in Washington. On another front Teddy outplays Darnold again.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 839
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2018 12:27:31 AM   
marty

Unless, that hold on the other side of the field, where the QB wanted to throw it, caused his WR to be blanketed, and he instead decided to make a quick throw to the other side of the field, where Jackson was able to capitalize with an INT.
Post #: 840
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2018 12:37:13 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Unless, that hold on the other side of the field, where the QB wanted to throw it, caused his WR to be blanketed, and he instead decided to make a quick throw to the other side of the field, where Jackson was able to capitalize with an INT.

Fair point, imo.
Post #: 841
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2018 1:02:00 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Fair point, imo.

I stand by it having nothing to do with the play.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 842
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2018 8:16:27 AM   
Ricky J

The defensive holding call, even if we don't like it and it appears to be on the opposite side of the field as the throw one can argue that he was unable to run his route which may have completely eliminated the pass the other way if he wan't interfered with. It has nothing to do with "it didn't have anything to do with the play" imo because who gets to decide that at the moment it is happening?

A phrase we haven't heard around here since last season, "influencing the play" imo has more to do with the running back turning the corner on the right side of the field while a hold on the left could not have possibly changed the outcome of the play. There are others but that's my favorite

I'm going with Marty on this one
Post #: 843
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2018 10:33:20 AM   
Todd M

AD with definitive proof he has that 1000 yard season in him.
Post #: 844
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2018 11:25:37 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

The defensive holding call, even if we don't like it and it appears to be on the opposite side of the field as the throw one can argue that he was unable to run his route which may have completely eliminated the pass the other way if he wan't interfered with. It has nothing to do with "it didn't have anything to do with the play" imo because who gets to decide that at the moment it is happening?

A phrase we haven't heard around here since last season, "influencing the play" imo has more to do with the running back turning the corner on the right side of the field while a hold on the left could not have possibly changed the outcome of the play. There are others but that's my favorite

I'm going with Marty on this one

Of course I can't know it had nothing to do with the play. It's just what I think.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 845
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2018 11:26:41 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

AD with definitive proof he has that 1000 yard season in him.

AD with proof that he potentially has that 1000 yard season in him.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 846
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2018 3:49:04 PM   
Mark Rapley

Even better, AD plays the Packers in week 3 (and doesn't play us). Here's hoping he has a vintage 200-yard day against them (and Alex Smith plays much better than most Viking QBs AD played with)
Post #: 847
RE: Other NFL News - 8/25/2018 3:55:56 PM   
Ian Joseph

I'm not sold on Peterson, especially not based on production from a preseason game. When teams gameplan for the 2018 version (based on 2017), he is ineffective. And he's no longer good enough to beat a defensive gameplan and their stacked 8 or 9-man box.

Glad he had a good game. I expect very little from him.

At this point, he's a short yardage, goalline back and if a team would use him THAT way, they would be happy. Only problem is the NFL has moved away from that kind of player, whereas now, said player needs to be able to do more than that.

< Message edited by Ian Joseph -- 8/25/2018 3:57:35 PM >

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 848
RE: Other NFL News - 8/26/2018 2:26:53 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Eric Decker has announced his retirement.

Decker’s name had come up in trade talks and he appeared to have an uphill battle to make the roster. #Patriots receiver churn continues. (Tom Pelissero on twitter)

Post #: 849
RE: Other NFL News - 8/26/2018 2:34:25 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I only participated in fantasy football one time maybe around 15 years ago. Still I find it interesting to read about it.

https://www.fanball.com/article/paul-charchians-2018-fantasy-football-cheatsheet

Post #: 850
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode