Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 9/10/2018 11:19:48 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Peter King on one of his Defensive players of the week:

Harrison Smith, safety, Minnesota. Smith led the Vikings with eight tackles in the 24-16 win over San Francisco, but that’s not why he’s winning this. He wrecked the Niners’ last two drives in a one-score game when Jimmy Garoppolo had given the Niners life. On third-and-five at midfield with 6:32 left, Smith came on a well-disguised safety blitz and nailed Garoppolo for a 10-yard sack. Punt. On second-and-10 with 1:45 left, Garoppolo threw deep downfield, over the middle, and Smith picked it off, ending the game. Just two more reasons why Smith is the best all-around safety in football.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1201
RE: Other NFL News - 9/10/2018 11:24:19 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

Harrison Smith, safety, Minnesota. Smith led the Vikings with eight tackles in the 24-16 win over San Francisco, but that’s not why he’s winning this. He wrecked the Niners’ last two drives in a one-score game when Jimmy Garoppolo had given the Niners life. On third-and-five at midfield with 6:32 left, Smith came on a well-disguised safety blitz and nailed Garoppolo for a 10-yard sack. Punt. On second-and-10 with 1:45 left, Garoppolo threw deep downfield, over the middle, and Smith picked it off, ending the game. Just two more reasons why Smith is the best all-around safety in football.

I know the general thread is being clogged up with Bears/Packers talk but it'd probably be okay to put this one over there

[just teasing]
Post #: 1202
RE: Other NFL News - 9/10/2018 11:31:13 AM  1 votes
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

I know the general thread is being clogged up with Bears/Packers talk but it'd probably be okay to put this one over there

[just teasing]

Good one Ricky.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1203
RE: Other NFL News - 9/10/2018 2:36:59 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

One of the most brain dead plays I have ever seen by Clay Matthews. Trubisky throwing a pass on fourth down and gets it off. Matthews takes two steps and hits him hard with one arm going to the head. The refs had no choice but to call it.

Not only that he launched himself into the air at him. Pretty sure a hefty fine will be coming his way. In fact a 1 or 2 game suspension SHOULD be coming his way. Considering that they fined our backup LBer in the preseason for a hit on a scrub QB that most people scoffed that a penalty was even called.
Post #: 1204
RE: Other NFL News - 9/10/2018 2:44:17 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

One of the most brain dead plays I have ever seen by Clay Matthews. Trubisky throwing a pass on fourth down and gets it off. Matthews takes two steps and hits him hard with one arm going to the head. The refs had no choice but to call it.

Not only that he launched himself into the air at him. Pretty sure a hefty fine will be coming his way. In fact a 1 or 2 game suspension SHOULD be coming his way. Considering that they fined our backup LBer in the preseason for a hit on a scrub QB that most people scoffed that a penalty was even called.

He's a Puker. No way is a suspension coming.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1205
RE: Other NFL News - 9/11/2018 12:08:53 AM   
McMurfy

Derek Carr pulled a David Carr

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 1206
RE: Other NFL News - 9/11/2018 10:24:50 PM   
Pager

Ian Thomas had already earned PT as the 2nd TE for Carolina. Now with Olsen out, he'll be starting.

He was a guy on many of our radar. Be interesting to see how productive he is.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 1207
RE: Other NFL News - 9/11/2018 11:15:07 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Ian Thomas had already earned PT as the 2nd TE for Carolina. Now with Olsen out, he'll be starting.

He was a guy on many of our radar. Be interesting to see how productive he is.

Yes it will. My best guess is if Carolina hadn't picked him we would have.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1208
RE: Other NFL News - 9/12/2018 7:09:00 AM   
Ricky J

Rodgers on drugs:

https://twitter.com/JMRogers14/status/1039250773383802881
Post #: 1209
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2018 11:17:19 PM   
kgdabom

If this report is true Kendrick's sentence will be 6-7 times what Stewart got.

Schefter provided some clarification on Kendricks’ sentencing and potential punishment. While the player was originally scheduled to be sentenced in December, Schefter says the date has been moved to late January.
This is important when it comes to Kendricks’ playing status, as it’d mean he’d be able to play the entire season (barring a suspension). Schefter also notes that the linebacker is facing 30 to 37 months in prison, a far cry from the 25 years that was originally suggested.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1210
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2018 11:23:39 PM   
Ian Joseph

And the NFL is going to suspend him, since the court case is finished and he pled guilty.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1211
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2018 11:44:20 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

And the NFL is going to suspend him, since the court case is finished and he pled guilty.

I'm sure they will. I wonder how long?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1212
RE: Other NFL News - 9/14/2018 8:54:13 AM   
Mark Anderson

I wonder what the old timers(RBs) think about Leveon Bell worried about getting too many carries. And he has already made 30x more $$$ than they made in their careers.
Post #: 1213
RE: Other NFL News - 9/14/2018 4:34:04 PM   
kgdabom

Many fines were handed out for roughing the QB last week. However, of all the ones I saw Clay Mathews was the worst and he gets nothing. Something smells bad about this.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1214
RE: Other NFL News - 9/14/2018 9:38:34 PM   
Pager

Joe Mixon, the guy I really liked heading into the 2017 draft, getting his knee scoped. Out for unknown length of time.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 1215
RE: Other NFL News - 9/14/2018 9:57:16 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

Joe Mixon, the guy I really liked heading into the 2017 draft, getting his knee scoped. Out for unknown length of time.

I read two games. But, that's speculation I'm sure.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1216
RE: Other NFL News - 9/14/2018 10:05:35 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Two games at least and maybe four is the way I'm hearing it. Sony Michel had the same procedure if I understand correctly and if he plays this week he will have been out a month.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1217
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 6:18:13 AM   
eagleflorida

quote:

Many fines were handed out for roughing the QB last week. However, of all the ones I saw Clay Mathews was the worst and he gets nothing. Something smells bad about this.

Yeah, five roughing the passer penalties handed out throughout the league but good old Clayroid gets nada for probably the most egregious one of all. Go figure.

Sorry but I didn't see this had been covered in depth on the General thread. Still pisses me off though.

< Message edited by eagleflorida -- 9/15/2018 6:32:06 AM >
Post #: 1218
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 8:08:16 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

Isn't that the same procedure Sharif Floyd had?
Post #: 1219
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 8:18:40 AM   
kgdabom

I found this on RealGM

Adrian Peterson Wants To Play Three, Four More Years
Sep 14, 2018 8:27 AM

Adrian Peterson is the starting running back for the Washington Redskins at 33 years old and he doesn't plan on retiring anytime soon.
"Three to four more years would be ideal," Peterson said. "Not to say it hasn't been done before, but not at a high level. So of course I plan on playing three to four more years, and I plan on playing those years at a high level as well."
With 96 yards last Sunday, Peterson moved into 10th place on the NFL's all-time rushing list. He trails Tony Dorsett by 367 yards for ninth place and would need nearly 6,000 yards to surpass Emmitt Smith at the top of the list.
"The best player ever to play is my mindset," Peterson said. "Being able to sit back and say I had a great time playing the game I love and I won a world championship and I was the best at my position."

I think all the kids he needs to provide for has a lot to do with his desire to play several more years.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/15/2018 8:21:12 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1220
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 8:20:04 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Isn't that the same procedure Sharif Floyd had?

Wasn't Floyd's procedure officially botched? I'm guessing Floyd had that procedure and more.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1221
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 8:24:59 AM   
kgdabom

Another RealGM find.

Le'Veon Bell Remains Leery About Heavy Workload
Sep 14, 2018 8:33 AM

Le'Veon Bell recently had a conversation with former NFL running back Maurice Jones-Drew and expressed his concerns about being overused in what will almost certainly be his final season with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"[Bell] was happy for James Conner after that performance but that performance justifies why he's not there right now," Jones-Drew said on the Dave Dameshek Football Program. "If you're going to give James Conner 31 carries, imagine how many you'd give to Le'Veon Bell?"
Bell also told Jones-Drew that there's nothing personal about what he views as a business decision to stay away from the team.
"[Bell] said to me, 'People think that I don't like Pittsburgh, I don't like James Conner, I don't like these guys,'" Jones-Drew said. "He was like, 'Yes, I was disappointed they went out and spoke about my contract,' understandably so. He was like, 'But I still want them to do well, they're still guys that I work with and guys that I've put in this extra work with — blood, sweat and tears like I still want them to do well.'"
Mike Florio/Pro Football Talk

99% of all NFL RBs want more workload not less. To me Bell doesn't love Football and it is just a business to him.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1222
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 9:27:46 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Another RealGM find.

Le'Veon Bell Remains Leery About Heavy Workload
Sep 14, 2018 8:33 AM

Le'Veon Bell recently had a conversation with former NFL running back Maurice Jones-Drew and expressed his concerns about being overused in what will almost certainly be his final season with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"[Bell] was happy for James Conner after that performance but that performance justifies why he's not there right now," Jones-Drew said on the Dave Dameshek Football Program. "If you're going to give James Conner 31 carries, imagine how many you'd give to Le'Veon Bell?"
Bell also told Jones-Drew that there's nothing personal about what he views as a business decision to stay away from the team.
"[Bell] said to me, 'People think that I don't like Pittsburgh, I don't like James Conner, I don't like these guys,'" Jones-Drew said. "He was like, 'Yes, I was disappointed they went out and spoke about my contract,' understandably so. He was like, 'But I still want them to do well, they're still guys that I work with and guys that I've put in this extra work with — blood, sweat and tears like I still want them to do well.'"
Mike Florio/Pro Football Talk

99% of all NFL RBs want more workload not less. To me Bell doesn't love Football and it is just a business to him.

Plus you would think the guy has just made peanuts so far. He will have made $26M in the last 2 seasons on the Franchise Tag.

It would be interesting to know what the Steelers have offered him.
Post #: 1223
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 6:50:04 PM   
kgdabom

WOW Josh Gordon. Must be mental health or relapse with Drugs. His suddenly being ruled out for this game was a bad omen.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/15/2018 6:53:58 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1224
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 6:50:20 PM   
joejitsu

The browns cut josh gordon. That kid seemingly can't get out of his own way. I hope he gets himself squared away and lives a good life.
Post #: 1225
Page:   <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode