Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 6:52:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Another RealGM find.

Le'Veon Bell Remains Leery About Heavy Workload
Sep 14, 2018 8:33 AM

Le'Veon Bell recently had a conversation with former NFL running back Maurice Jones-Drew and expressed his concerns about being overused in what will almost certainly be his final season with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"[Bell] was happy for James Conner after that performance but that performance justifies why he's not there right now," Jones-Drew said on the Dave Dameshek Football Program. "If you're going to give James Conner 31 carries, imagine how many you'd give to Le'Veon Bell?"
Bell also told Jones-Drew that there's nothing personal about what he views as a business decision to stay away from the team.
"[Bell] said to me, 'People think that I don't like Pittsburgh, I don't like James Conner, I don't like these guys,'" Jones-Drew said. "He was like, 'Yes, I was disappointed they went out and spoke about my contract,' understandably so. He was like, 'But I still want them to do well, they're still guys that I work with and guys that I've put in this extra work with — blood, sweat and tears like I still want them to do well.'"
Mike Florio/Pro Football Talk

99% of all NFL RBs want more workload not less. To me Bell doesn't love Football and it is just a business to him.

Plus you would think the guy has just made peanuts so far. He will have made $26M in the last 2 seasons on the Franchise Tag.

It would be interesting to know what the Steelers have offered him.

The more I think about this the more bothered I am. So we have a football player being paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a game they hopefully love and part of his beef is they use him too much.
Will this set a precedence with future players contracts stating limits on how much the team can use them?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1226
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 6:57:30 PM   
kgdabom

Now it's changed to Josh Gordon has been released. No longer going to be.

Browns released WR Josh Gordon.
This comes after Gordon was ruled out of Sunday's game despite practicing all week. According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Browns cut Gordon over "trust issues" after he re-injured his hamstring away from the team and was late to the Browns' facility Saturday. Gordon is going to be free to sign with other teams next week, but his league interest may be limited given off-field baggage. Cleveland will move forward with Antonio Callaway and Rashard Higgins in three-wide sets behind Jarvis Landry. It's a bitter end after the Browns supported Gordon through multiple suspension. Fantasy owners should hold on to Gordon until his situation shakes itself out.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/15/2018 6:59:49 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1227
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 8:02:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I would want no part of him on my fantasy team

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1228
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 8:10:57 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Not to mention your favorite team
Post #: 1229
RE: Other NFL News - 9/15/2018 8:12:43 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

LOL I play a lot of free leagues and one money league. I have him on more than my share of Free Teams, and on my money team.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/15/2018 8:15:56 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1230
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 8:13:55 AM   
kgdabom

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Aaron Rodgers' knee injury could take "a couple of months" to heal.

Source: ESPN.com
Sep 16 - 8:59 AM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1231
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 9:16:36 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Another RealGM find.

Le'Veon Bell recently had a conversation with former NFL running back Maurice Jones-Drew and expressed his concerns about being overused in what will almost certainly be his final season with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"[Bell] was happy for James Conner after that performance but that performance justifies why he's not there right now," Jones-Drew said on the Dave Dameshek Football Program. "If you're going to give James Conner 31 carries, imagine how many you'd give to Le'Veon Bell?"
Bell also told Jones-Drew that there's nothing personal about what he views as a business decision to stay away from the team.
"[Bell] said to me, 'People think that I don't like Pittsburgh, I don't like James Conner, I don't like these guys,'" Jones-Drew said. "He was like, 'Yes, I was disappointed they went out and spoke about my contract,' understandably so. He was like, 'But I still want them to do well, they're still guys that I work with and guys that I've put in this extra work with — blood, sweat and tears like I still want them to do well.'"

99% of all NFL RBs want more workload not less. To me Bell doesn't love Football and it is just a business to him.

Reminds me of Robert Smith.
Post #: 1232
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 9:21:40 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Joe Mixon, the guy I really liked heading into the 2017 draft, getting his knee scoped. Out for unknown length of time.

I read two games. But, that's speculation I'm sure.

Isn't that the same procedure Sharif Floyd had?

Wasn't Floyd's procedure officially botched? I'm guessing Floyd had that procedure and more.

The initial procedure was essentially the same, go in with the scope and clean up loose cartilage. A very common procedure, and yes it was botched. I feel bad for Floyd, I hope he got a good financial result out of it.
Post #: 1233
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 4:13:33 PM   
Bill Jandro

How about Pat Mahomes 10 tds 0 ints in the first 2 games

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1234
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 4:58:00 PM   
Mark Anderson

Bills DB Vontae Davis retires at halftime.
Post #: 1235
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 5:30:47 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Bills DB Vontae Davis retires at halftime.

His contract is worth 3.5 mil guaranteed. Maybe he changes his mind.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1236
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 5:48:13 PM   
Jeff Jesser

If you were the coach or GM would you care? He quit already. No way I let him back. You need to set a tone. They've already f'd up the roster.
Post #: 1237
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 7:54:26 PM   
unome

quote:

Now it's changed to Josh Gordon has been released. No longer going to be.

Browns released WR Josh Gordon.
This comes after Gordon was ruled out of Sunday's game despite practicing all week. According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Browns cut Gordon over "trust issues" after he re-injured his hamstring away from the team and was late to the Browns' facility Saturday. Gordon is going to be free to sign with other teams next week, but his league interest may be limited given off-field baggage. Cleveland will move forward with Antonio Callaway and Rashard Higgins in three-wide sets behind Jarvis Landry. It's a bitter end after the Browns supported Gordon through multiple suspension. Fantasy owners should hold on to Gordon until his situation shakes itself out.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

I might be tempted to trade them a certain former First Round Wide Receiver with the initials LT if they were interested.
Post #: 1238
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 7:55:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Another RealGM find.

Robert Smith chose to retire while he still had his health. To me very much better than Bell's attititude.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1239
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 8:02:27 PM   
kgdabom

Former Viking Case Keenum led a very gritty, gutty comeback today. He isn't Cousins equal, but he is a winner and has a 2-0 record so far.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1240
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 8:49:19 PM   
Jeff Jesser

He's pretty close to his equal.

KC - 35/48 425 yards 4 TD's, 1 int and a 118 rating

CK - 19/35 222 yards 0 TD's, 1 int and a 61 rating

it's like a cat and a buffalo steak. If you marinate them the right it's pretty close. Too close to call. Both great eats.
Post #: 1241
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 9:03:30 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

it's like a cat and a buffalo steak. If you marinate them the right it's pretty close. Too close to call. Both great eats.

I'm happy with Cousins, but for whatever reason Keenum has the better record with what most consider a lesser team. I respect Case Keenum as a quality NFL QB.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1242
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 9:06:33 PM   
unome

quote:

quote:

I'm happy with Cousins, but for whatever reason Keenum has the better record with what most consider a lesser team. I respect Case Keenum as a quality NFL QB.

It does piss me off that Cousins missed those field goals today and had that punt blocked!
Post #: 1243
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 9:06:58 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

Come on man. It's apples and monkeys. It's not even comparable. Let this year play out before you even go there. That would give you an apples to 'food even' comparison.

Did Cousins lose the game, did Keenum win it? That's the comparison. Anything else is silly and not worth the debate.
Post #: 1244
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 9:07:14 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Another RealGM find.

Robert Smith chose to retire while he still had his health. To me very much better than Bell's attititude.

It's EXACTLY the same.
Post #: 1245
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 9:11:47 PM   
thebigo

How many years has Eli Manning been over the hill?
Post #: 1246
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 9:18:34 PM   
unome

quote:

How many years has Eli Manning been over the hill?

I would say he should have retired a long time back, but he has probably made one hundred million dollars since becoming over the hill.
Post #: 1247
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 9:21:42 PM   
unome

It may have already been posted, but I missed it that the Seahawks cut Tom Johnson after one game. Poor use of cap and strange move altogether.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/15/seahawks-cut-starter-tom-johnson-after-one-game-nearly-2-million/
Post #: 1248
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 9:57:55 PM   
marty

I think the Packers secondary when King is in there is very good.

The Vikes had a tougher assignment playing the Packers on the road, while Keenum had the Raiders at home.

I am happy for Case (picked Denver to win their division, but it could end up being KC), but feel the Vikes got a more talented QB in Cousins, hopefully it means more wins and a SB victory for the Vikes.
Post #: 1249
RE: Other NFL News - 9/16/2018 10:01:18 PM   
Ricky J

I thought the Packers were pretty good overall
- I'm gonna go puke now
Post #: 1250
Page:   <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode