Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 7/6/2020 2:15:29 PM   
kgdabom

PATRICK MAHOMES
QB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Chiefs signed QB Patrick Mahomes to a 10-year extension through 2031.
Ten-year contracts are literally unheard of in the NFL, but if anybody is worth one, it's certainly last year's Super Bowl MVP. Turning 25 in September, Mahomes won the regular-season MVP award in 2018, leading the league with 50 touchdown passes. He took a step back from a statistical perspective last year, but Mahomes put the team on his back when it mattered most in the playoffs, leading multiple postseason comebacks en route to the Chiefs' first Super Bowl title since 1969. Mahomes is on the fast track of becoming the best quarterback in history. The Chiefs had just one player signed through 2024 -- K Harrison Butker -- and Mahomes is inked seven years past that. He's tied to Kansas City through his age-36 season.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jul 6, 2020, 2:55 PM ET

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1601
RE: Other NFL News - 7/6/2020 3:24:44 PM   
David Levine

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Patrick Mahomes had two years remaining on his contract, and he and the Chiefs are adding on 10 more, making it a a new 12-year contract in total.

Patrick Mahomes' 10-year extension with the Kansas City Chiefs is worth over $400 million in total, per league sources. The more significant question is, How much over $400 million?

There are no official numbers on Patrick Mahomes' 10-year extension just yet, but multiple sources believe it ultimately will be tied to a percentage of the salary cap for each season. The higher the cap goes, the more Mahomes will make.
Post #: 1602
RE: Other NFL News - 7/6/2020 4:05:04 PM   
Bill Jandro

Thought Mahommes said he would be willing to sign a team friendly contract.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1603
RE: Other NFL News - 7/6/2020 5:28:28 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Unless the NFL doesn't recover from Covid-19, it likely will be team friendly in a couple years - and a bargain by the halfway point.
Post #: 1604
RE: Other NFL News - 7/7/2020 12:20:15 PM   
ronhextall

Mahomes and Wilson might be the only QBs i would be excited to break the bank for.

The are good enough to carry lesser/younger teams.
Post #: 1605
RE: Other NFL News - 7/8/2020 6:42:59 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Unless the NFL doesn't recover from Covid-19, it likely will be team friendly in a couple years - and a bargain by the halfway point.

But if /when Mahommes becomes the 10th highest paid qb and is still killing it he can hold out and get the contract renegotiated.

Post #: 1606
RE: Other NFL News - 7/16/2020 4:57:14 PM   
David Levine

A name change might be the least of the Redskins' (and Snyder's) concerns:

Fifteen women who worked for Redskins allege sexual harassment by former scouts and members of owner Daniel Snyder’s inner circle

https://outline.com/CdyCuU
Post #: 1607
RE: Other NFL News - 7/16/2020 5:52:04 PM   
David Levine

"I have never been in a more hostile, manipulative, passive-aggressive environment … and I worked in politics," said Julia Payne, former assistant press secretary in the Clinton Administration who briefly served as vice president of communications for the team in 2003.

"With such a toxic, mood-driven environment, and the owner behaving like he does," said Payne, "How could anyone think these women would go to HR?"

The team’s human resources staff consists of one full-time staffer — who also performs administrative duties at team headquarters — responsible for more than 220 full-time employees, according to several former employees.

"There’s no HR," said one former veteran female employee who left in 2019. "And there was never a reporting process, nor was one explained to new employees about how you should report something."
Post #: 1608
RE: Other NFL News - 7/17/2020 8:29:15 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Time for 31 other owners to force Snyder to sell the team. He can get a billion dollars, but finish his life in disgrace.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1609
RE: Other NFL News - 7/18/2020 12:17:37 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Time for 31 other owners to force Snyder to sell the team. He can get a billion dollars, but finish his life in disgrace.

He's annoying, but I believe in innocent until proven guilty. I'll wait to pass judgment.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1610
RE: Other NFL News - 7/18/2020 5:47:50 AM   
Bruce Johnson

The owners are reluctant to do that. They passed on this kind of thing in the past when it might have even been worse. In this case, pressure is brought to bear by sponsors and there will be no stadium deal with him as the owner. Still, being an owner of an NFL team is a great hobby that most people would love to have, so Snyder will probably resist.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1611
RE: Other NFL News - 7/18/2020 10:03:36 AM   
Bill Jandro

NBA owners outed bigot billionaire Donald Sterling. It is rare though I think it will depend on how Snyder is able to distance himself from his own employee carnage. Guys like him are masters at this.

Post #: 1612
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2020 4:26:40 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I kind of like this for the new name of the team in DC.

https://twitter.com/WashingtonNFL/status/1286358557156347904?s=09

Post #: 1613
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2020 5:39:46 PM   
Bill Johanesen

This is few weeks old but shows he isn't the outright owner:

The three minority owners in the team—Robert Rothman, Dwight Schar and Frederick W. Smith—hold a collective 40 percent ownership, and they have reportedly hired an investment firm to help them sell their shares of the club, the Washington Post reported.
Post #: 1614
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2020 5:43:34 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Maybe that venture capitalist who wanted to buy the Vikings can bid for the 'Washington' team's 40%. The guy that lied about playing LB and about his financial state. Reggie Fowler! And I think he got by the initial NFL vetting process!

Fowler is one of a group of investors, led by Zygmunt Wilf, who purchased the NFL's Minnesota Vikings from previous owner Red McCombs in 2005. He initially sought to be the general partner himself, thereby becoming the first minority owner of an NFL franchise, but withdrew his bid when he could not provide details about his stake in the ownership group. Instead, he became a limited partner in the group so that he would not lose his $20 million deposit. He did not disclose any information about his financial situation to the media. By October 2014, Fowler was no longer a limited partner of the Minnesota Vikings. [1] Fowler's admission of default came during a legal deposition in late August in Phoenix. He lost control of his companies when a receivership was affirmed Oct 16 in Maricopa County Superior Court after U.S. Bank obtained a judgment against him. U.S. Bank claimed Fowler's companies had accumulated $6 million in unpaid debts to it and at least $53 million in debts to other banks.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 7/23/2020 5:47:54 PM >
Post #: 1615
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2020 5:50:53 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Then there was Tom Clancy:

But Clancy still carried a torch for football. 1994 saw a failed attempt to purchase the Patriots. In 1998, the Vikings were put up for sale by their fractured ownership group. In flew Tom Clancy, whose bid was announced as one of three finalists. His group was offering significantly more money than the others—more than $200 million, to a reported $186 million runner-up. Clancy was coy on the size of his stake (he would be majority owner), and the exact amount of the bid: "It's real money, I can tell you that," he told the AP. "You could buy a stealth bomber."

The fact that Clancy had once murdered the entire Vikings team was forgiven and forgotten. In The Sum of All Fears, Syrian terrorists partially detonated a nuclear bomb at a Super Bowl in Denver(!). The Chargers were winning, but the Vikings were making a furious comeback when the thing blew. "An embarrassing coincidence," Clancy said of the Vikings' fictional vaporization.

On Feb. 3, 1998, Clancy's bid was announced as the winner. The vote was 8-0 among the outgoing ownership group. Clancy took the owners out for lunch, the Pioneer Press later reported, but when the check came he told them he had lost his wallet.
Post #: 1616
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2020 7:12:26 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I kind of like this for the new name of the team in DC.

https://twitter.com/WashingtonNFL/status/1286358557156347904?s=09

I wonder if they will use the same brilliant minds that renamed the Washington "Bullets" to the "Wizards"?
Post #: 1617
RE: Other NFL News - 7/27/2020 5:24:56 AM   
Todd M

Pick a name you stupid ****s. I thought the Baltimore CFLrs was bad when America entered the CFL for a short while.

It's not that hard. I hope they lose every game.
Post #: 1618
RE: Other NFL News - 7/27/2020 7:24:33 AM   
Bill Jandro

After a seven-month contract dispute, the New York Jets agreed to trade All-Pro safety Jamal Adams to the Seattle Seahawks for a package that includes first-round draft picks in each of the next two years.

The Seahawks will send safety Bradley McDougald, first-round picks in 2021 and 2022 and a third-round pick in 2021 to New York in exchange for Adams and the Jets' fourth-round pick in 2022. The deal is pending physicals.

Post #: 1619
RE: Other NFL News - 7/27/2020 7:35:15 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Bradley McDougald is not a bad player who had to struggle to make the roster coming out of college as an undrafted free agent. Teams are better when they can find some diamonds in the rough and develop them. I guess the Vikings will have more developmental projects this year, but it's a shame that some of them will be cut before they even had a chance to compete and develop.

Post #: 1620
RE: Other NFL News - 7/27/2020 7:37:53 AM   
Bill Jandro

Sea gave up way too much for the opportunity to pay Adams a huge contract. 2 first rd picks is kahlil Mack territory

Post #: 1621
RE: Other NFL News - 7/27/2020 4:04:32 PM   
kgdabom

sd wrong thread.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 7/27/2020 9:43:15 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1622
RE: Other NFL News - 7/28/2020 11:05:56 AM   
kgdabom

Seems the entire Patriots team is opting out on this season.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1623
RE: Other NFL News - 7/28/2020 5:50:18 PM   
David Levine

46 year-old Terrell Owens looks like he could still play in the NFL.

Just ran a ~4.4 and looks to be carved out of granite:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-star-tyreek-hill-raced-46-year-old-terrell-owens-in-a-40-yard-dash-and-it-was-surprisingly-close/
Post #: 1624
RE: Other NFL News - 7/28/2020 6:14:34 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Seems the entire Patriots team is opting out on this season.

They will be in the running for the Clemson QB.

Post #: 1625
Page:   <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode