Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  71 72 [73] 74 75   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 12/19/2020 11:39:54 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Ha ha! I thought I was going to be listening to Bill Plaschke for a minute there - I'm surprised I lasted long enough to figure out it was you, Brad.

I did learn one valuable thing: I can now pronounce your last name correctly

Good for you - keep having fun

Hoisflamer? What's so hard about that?
Post #: 1801
RE: Other NFL News - 12/19/2020 11:49:56 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

If you really want something fun to watch, check this show out. About a minute in they put my sorry-ass in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXRJL52ZD8

Looks outstanding
Congrats Brad
Coach is one of a kind there it looks like
Very cool

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1802
RE: Other NFL News - 12/19/2020 1:06:46 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

If you really want something fun to watch, check this show out. About a minute in they put my sorry-ass in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXRJL52ZD8

Looks outstanding
Congrats Brad
Coach is one of a kind there it looks like
Very cool

It's actually a really good show. All five seasons are entertaining. Best seasons are 1-3-5.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/23/2020 6:29:44 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1803
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2021 8:18:00 AM   
Brad H

Count me in the minority here, but I think the Rams could upset the Packers today.

Post #: 1804
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2021 8:43:49 AM   
Bill Jandro

Ramsey is more than capable of shutting down Adams.

If healthy, Donald will terrorize Rodgers.

Rams scoring enough points is the only problem.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1805
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2021 8:52:32 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

The Rams can have a good running attack at times and the Packer defense is less than mediocre. Goff is a disaster. They need to take the game out of his hands.

Post #: 1806
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2021 9:41:34 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

The Rams can have a good running attack at times and the Packer defense is less than mediocre. Goff is a disaster. They need to take the game out of his hands.

Agreed. They cannot afford to fall behind. Geoff was bad before he broke his thumb.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1807
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2021 11:12:07 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agreed. They cannot afford to fall behind. Geoff was bad before he broke his thumb.

IMO, one of the worst 2-3 quarterbacks in the league. One of the very few with a more obscene contract than Cousins.

Post #: 1808
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2021 1:35:03 PM   
marty

The Rams ran the ball well in the playoffs the last few years. I liked their chances for an upset, if there were strong wins or more precipitation. But it doesn't look like that, with the weather reports.

If it just looks like the weather is bad, but it's actually mild, then the Rams could get fooled into thinking they can win the game the way the Vikings did, with running the ball. The Packers then key on the run, and play loose on offense. If the Packers play loose on offense, they'll spread the ball out more, and then the Rams will get behind early, and be in trouble.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1809
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2021 2:43:09 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

The Rams ran the ball well in the playoffs the last few years. I liked their chances for an upset, if there were strong wins or more precipitation. But it doesn't look like that, with the weather reports.

If it just looks like the weather is bad, but it's actually mild, then the Rams could get fooled into thinking they can win the game the way the Vikings did, with running the ball. The Packers then key on the run, and play loose on offense. If the Packers play loose on offense, they'll spread the ball out more, and then the Rams will get behind early, and be in trouble.

Look who conveniently popped in. Packer fan boy!
Post #: 1810
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2021 2:44:03 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Count me in the minority here, but I think the Rams could upset the Packers today.

A lot of people are thinking they COULD.
Post #: 1811
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2021 2:45:34 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Rams are hurting and the Packers had an extra week to nurse their injuries. Huge advantage for the Packers. Then there is the weather. Still, they have to play the game and the Rams do have the better defense. Defense does win championships. The betting money, I heard, is heavy on the side of the Packers. I guess you could say that's the prevailing wisdom. Of course ALL of us here will be rooting for the Rams. I would be shocked if there was one poster here rooting for the Packers.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1812
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2021 3:27:00 PM   
Bill Johanesen

The betting money, I heard, is heavy on the side of the Packers.

You probably heard wrong considering the spread opened at -7.5 pack and is now -6.5.
Post #: 1813
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2021 4:09:44 PM   
David Levine

How hard is it to get kicked out of the NFL?

SEATTLE -- Seahawks wide receiver Josh Gordon has been suspended indefinitely again after the NFL rescinded his conditional reinstatement.

An NFL spokesperson told ESPN that the decision stems from Gordon violating terms of his conditional reinstatement under the league's substance-abuse policy. No other details were provided from the league.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported last month that Gordon, 29, had another setback in his recovery from substance abuse as he was nearing his return to the field after a yearlong suspension. A source told Fowler at the time that Gordon was grappling with the reality that he might never be allowed to play in the NFL again as indications throughout the process of his reinstatement from that suspension were that this was probably his final strike.

The league suspended Gordon indefinitely in December 2019 for violations of its policies on substances of abuse and performance-enhancing substances. That was Gordon's sixth suspension since the 2013 season and his fifth for some form of substance abuse, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.
Post #: 1814
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2021 4:30:58 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

SEATTLE -- Seahawks wide receiver Josh Gordon has been suspended indefinitely again after the NFL rescinded his conditional reinstatement.

An NFL spokesperson told ESPN that the decision stems from Gordon violating terms of his conditional reinstatement under the league's substance-abuse policy. No other details were provided from the league.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported last month that Gordon, 29, had another setback in his recovery from substance abuse as he was nearing his return to the field after a yearlong suspension. A source told Fowler at the time that Gordon was grappling with the reality that he might never be allowed to play in the NFL again as indications throughout the process of his reinstatement from that suspension were that this was probably his final strike.

The league suspended Gordon indefinitely in December 2019 for violations of its policies on substances of abuse and performance-enhancing substances. That was Gordon's sixth suspension since the 2013 season and his fifth for some form of substance abuse, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Not long ago, after multiple suspensions, many in here wanted to trade a first-rounder for him....

I feel for the guy, because his life is unmanageable at this point. A definitive disposition from the NFL might just save his life.
Post #: 1815
RE: Other NFL News - 1/17/2021 9:14:46 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Wow. I know how hard it is for an addict to get straightened out. You have to admit to yourself that booze/drugs are the master of your life, and you want to take control of your life again. He hasn't reached that point yet. Forget football and get your life situated first. that's the most important thing you have.
Post #: 1816
RE: Other NFL News - 1/29/2021 1:18:55 PM   
Brad H

Watson asks for a trade. Get on the phone immediately.

Post #: 1817
RE: Other NFL News - 1/29/2021 1:46:47 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Watson asks for a trade. Get on the phone immediately.

Cousins and three #1 picks? Would they take Cousins? Can we compete with a Miami offer of Tua and a bunch of picks?

(And then can we can Zimmer and hire Bieniemy since he's Watson's preferred HC?)
Post #: 1818
RE: Other NFL News - 1/31/2021 11:02:02 PM   
marty

Brad is right again, and I would trade Cousins and 3 1st rounders for Watson.

Watson probably gives you a franchise QB for 5 years. Cousins gives you a franchise QB for zero years.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1819
RE: Other NFL News - 1/31/2021 11:05:46 PM   
marty

Watching Watson highlights from 2020, and then watching Cousin's highlights from 2020 is interesting.

Cousins is mostly reliant on getting rid of the ball quickly. If a play breaks down, he is usually finished, that is why there aren't a whole lot of plays where he makes something happen after quick pressure, unless he is doing a wide rollout.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1820
RE: Other NFL News - 1/31/2021 11:10:26 PM   
marty

I watch Cousin's highlights and think that Watson makes every one of those throws. With his escapability, he's on the Vikings and there would be 10-15 more TDs.

Put Cousins on Houston, and there would be 10-15 fewer TDs because he would have been sacked on plays where Watson escaped.

Jefferson is simply amazing. He is already better than Fuller. Watson throwing to Theilen and Jefferson would be something else, more magical than what Favre brought.

< Message edited by marty -- 1/31/2021 11:11:54 PM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1821
RE: Other NFL News - 1/31/2021 11:13:21 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Brad is right again, and I would trade Cousins and 3 1st rounders for Watson.

Watson probably gives you a franchise QB for 5 years. Cousins gives you a franchise QB for zero years.

Looking at the Stafford deal, no way that gets us Watson.

And he's only 25. He potentially gives you a franchise QB for the next decade.
Post #: 1822
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 8:08:08 AM   
marty

But if Cousins is rated in Houston's eyes as being a decent amount better than Goff, then maybe so.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1823
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 11:02:29 AM   
David Levine

quote:

But if Cousins is rated in Houston's eyes as being a decent amount better than Goff, then maybe so.

Why give him that contract as a stop-gap QB when you can just get a young guy like Tua intead?
Post #: 1824
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 11:27:36 AM   
Brad H

Not sure if something is going down, but Kirk Cousins is trending on Twitter in SoCal.

Post #: 1825
Page:   <<   < prev  71 72 [73] 74 75   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  71 72 [73] 74 75   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode