Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 7/28/2022 1:25:24 PM   
marty

O'Connell the favorite for NFL head coach of the year:

At 12/1 odds, O’Connell slightly bests Los Angeles Chargers head coach Brandon Staley (14/1) and is also ahead of Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett (16/1) as well as Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel (16/1). Of that group, O’Connell inherited the third-best quarterback in Cousins, but McDaniel was gifted with explosive wide receiver Tyreek Hill over the offseason. Staley gets to work with the young phenom Justin Herbert, while Hackett saw his opportunity for success rise as Denver acquired Russell Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2326
RE: Other NFL News - 7/28/2022 1:28:07 PM   
marty

I like O'Connell's chances, and he probably has the best situation at defense.

However, my first guess is it will most likely be McDaniel, I think the Dolphins will be the biggest surprise. I would put him 1st, then O'Connell, then Hackett.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2327
RE: Other NFL News - 8/1/2022 10:14:10 AM   
bohumm

The Cleveland Browns are going to have a rotating roster of the hottest 25 massage therapists in the country on temporary contracts. If Deshaun can't find one to suit his immediate needs, I'm sure the Haslems will be happy to employ a flunky to go find one to hire at a moment's notice.

Now one of my least favorite teams in the league. "Hey, rapist, we'll pay you the minimum during the year that you'll be suspended and then have the standard $45 million raise in Year 2." People with money and privilege can seemingly do whatever the fukk they want....
Post #: 2328
RE: Other NFL News - 8/1/2022 10:20:34 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

The Cleveland Browns are going to have a rotating roster of the hottest 25 massage therapists in the country on temporary contracts. If Deshaun can't find one to suit his immediate needs, I'm sure the Haslems will be happy to employ a flunky to go find one to hire at a moment's notice.

Now one of my least favorite teams in the league. "Hey, rapist, we'll pay you the minimum during the year that you'll be suspended and then have the standard $45 million raise in Year 2." People with money and privilege can seemingly do whatever the fukk they want....

It seems to me like it's not the hotness of the masseuse that is his thing. Rather, he get's off on being in the position of power and getting women to do something they don't want to do. Just my untrained, unprofessional opinion of course.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2329
RE: Other NFL News - 8/1/2022 11:19:34 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

It seems to me like it's not the hotness of the masseuse that is his thing. Rather, he get's off on being in the position of power and getting women to do something they don't want to do. Just my untrained, unprofessional opinion of course.

Agree completely on the driver, but he doesn't know that until he's in the room. He picked his targets off of IG for some reason, and I'm sure looks was part of it. But it's clearly pathological, and no one looking for therapeutic massage goes through over 60 masseuses in a little more than a year.

All known in advance of the Browns not only acquiring him, but designing a contract to cost him the absolute least amount he could have to pay in a suspension.

So, yeah, fukk the Browns.
Post #: 2330
RE: Other NFL News - 8/4/2022 10:34:23 AM   
kgdabom

Judge Sue Robinson has determined a 6 game suspension for Deshaun Watson. I'm wondering what makes her believe she is qualified to determine his suspension. I'd guess she thinks it's her law degree, but 6 games seems incredibly lenient. The NFL is appealing wanting to make it the entire season.

RealGM Wiretap
NFL Appeals Deshaun Watson's Six-Game Suspension
AUG 3, 2022 3:58 PM

The NFL has filed an appeal of the six-game suspension given to Deshaun Watson by Judge Sue L. Robinson.

Robinson found Watson guilty of violating the NFL's personal conduct policy from his allegations of sexual misconduct. The NFL proposed suspending Watson for the entire 2022 season and that he not be permitted to return until he satisfied certain conditions for reinstatement.

The Cleveland Browns acquired Watson via trade in the offseason.

REALGM STAFF REPORT

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/4/2022 10:43:52 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2331
RE: Other NFL News - 8/29/2022 5:17:18 PM   
Todd M

Good luck to SF and their QB decisions.

And by that I hope they nose dive with a divided locker room.
Post #: 2332
RE: Other NFL News - 8/29/2022 10:37:22 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Judge Sue Robinson has determined a 6 game suspension for Deshaun Watson. I'm wondering what makes her believe she is qualified to determine his suspension. I'd guess she thinks it's her law degree, but 6 games seems incredibly lenient. The NFL is appealing wanting to make it the entire season.

RealGM Wiretap

The NFL has filed an appeal of the six-game suspension given to Deshaun Watson by Judge Sue L. Robinson.

Robinson found Watson guilty of violating the NFL's personal conduct policy from his allegations of sexual misconduct. The NFL proposed suspending Watson for the entire 2022 season and that he not be permitted to return until he satisfied certain conditions for reinstatement.

REALGM STAFF REPORT

I'd guess because she is the NFL Disciplinary Officer in the case, appointed jointly by the NFLPA and NFL.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 8/29/2022 10:38:23 PM >
Post #: 2333
RE: Other NFL News - 8/30/2022 10:14:55 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

RealGM Wiretap

REALGM STAFF REPORT

I'd guess because she is the NFL Disciplinary Officer in the case, appointed jointly by the NFLPA and NFL.

The suspension has been increased to 11 games indicating she didn't know what she was doing. IMO it should be the whole season. Watson would probably prefer that since he gets paid practically nothing for this year and double money next.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2334
RE: Other NFL News - 9/12/2022 11:49:01 AM   
Phil Riewer

Jonathan Jones
@jjones9
·
16m
There's some optimism today in Pittsburgh that OLB and Reigning Defensive Player of the Year T.J. Watt did not experience a full pec tear and will be able to return after sitting for a month or so, per league source. Still awaiting word from the team.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2335
RE: Other NFL News - 9/12/2022 11:50:03 AM   
Phil Riewer

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
7m
#Packers LB Krys Barnes, who was carted off Sunday with his right leg in an aircast, is believed to have suffered a high ankle sprain and calf injury, per source. He’ll miss some time, but the initial hope is he could be back in a few weeks.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2336
RE: Other NFL News - 9/12/2022 1:04:04 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

RealGM Wiretap

REALGM STAFF REPORT

The suspension has been increased to 11 games indicating she didn't know what she was doing. IMO it should be the whole season. Watson would probably prefer that since he gets paid practically nothing for this year and double money next.

So you're question should have been "I'm wondering what made the NFLPA and NFL believe she was qualified to determine suspensions when they appointed her as an NFL Disciplinary Officer?"
Post #: 2337
RE: Other NFL News - 9/12/2022 2:43:13 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

If lance looks as bad on a dry track as he did yesterday, they are going to have a locker room split.
Post #: 2338
RE: Other NFL News - 9/12/2022 2:50:22 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

RealGM Wiretap

REALGM STAFF REPORT

So you're question should have been "I'm wondering what made the NFLPA and NFL believe she was qualified to determine suspensions when they appointed her as an NFL Disciplinary Officer?"

That would have been a better choice of words.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2339
RE: Other NFL News - 9/12/2022 3:02:37 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

If lance looks as bad on a dry track as he did yesterday, they are going to have a locker room split.

Who doesn't like a good "schism"?
Post #: 2340
RE: Other NFL News - 9/12/2022 11:04:27 PM   
marty

I was most surprised by the Vikings, Bears and Giants winning, and Houston playing Indy to a tie.

I correctly picked Pittsburgh over Cincy, and Miami over NE, which were small surprises, although NE usually loses at Miami.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2341
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2022 10:34:18 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I was most surprised by the Vikings, Bears and Giants winning, and Houston playing Indy to a tie.

I correctly picked Pittsburgh over Cincy, and Miami over NE, which were small surprises, although NE usually loses at Miami.

You keep digging the hole deeper. Not only do you pick the VIkings to lose when they win you lump them in with teams making HUGE UPSETS.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2342
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2022 10:35:02 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

NE is now 0-5 in their last five games vs the Dolphins.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2343
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2022 12:27:48 PM   
marty

KG, initially I wasn't going to include the Vikings in my list of surprises, but thought someone would chime in with: "You had picked the Packers to win, and they lost convincingly, yet you didn't include the Vikings in your list of surprises?".

I was wrong in picking the Pack, and I guess I was wrong to be surprised the Vikings won.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2344
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2022 12:30:10 PM   
marty

Of course Bacteria, Jenkins and Lazard, probably all thought it was likely the Pack would lose to the Vikings, so they allowed themselves to continue to be injured. We'll see if they all return next week when they play the Bears.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2345
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2022 2:39:30 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

KG, initially I wasn't going to include the Vikings in my list of surprises, but thought someone would chime in with: "You had picked the Packers to win, and they lost convincingly, yet you didn't include the Vikings in your list of surprises?".

I was wrong in picking the Pack, and I guess I was wrong to be surprised the Vikings won.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2346
RE: Other NFL News - 9/13/2022 2:41:12 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Of course Bacteria, Jenkins and Lazard, probably all thought it was likely the Pack would lose to the Vikings, so they allowed themselves to continue to be injured. We'll see if they all return next week when they play the Bears.

I like that one. It's what I'll call him from now on. You're coming around Marty. Now Lazard is Lizard.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2347
RE: Other NFL News - 9/18/2022 3:41:21 PM   
Todd M

Browns ground crew seen immediately torching and tearing up Brownie the elf logo.
I don't like the way Tua throws the ball but he put up 469 yards with 6TD's...4 in the 4th. Spectacular game.
xxx

Colts sucking for CJ.
Post #: 2348
RE: Other NFL News - 9/18/2022 3:56:48 PM   
David Levine

quote:

I don't like the way Tua throws the ball but he put up 469 yards with 6TD's...4 in the 4th. Spectacular game.

Could be because he’s a natural righty, but his dad wanted him to be left-handed.
Post #: 2349
RE: Other NFL News - 9/18/2022 3:59:41 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Could be because he’s a natural righty, but his dad wanted him to be left-handed.

Didn't know that.

Major credit to him then.
Post #: 2350
Page:   <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  92 93 [94] 95 96   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode