Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2017 NFL Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2017 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/4/2017 1:35:59 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

Slowest QB combine time in the 40 so far..........you guessed it, Leidner.

I can't imagine who would consider him a legitimate prospect. Maybe a warm body for training camp, a poor man's Joel Stave. He showed zero improvement as a passer during college.
Post #: 26
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/4/2017 2:14:20 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

I can't imagine who would consider him a legitimate prospect. Maybe a warm body for training camp, a poor man's Joel Stave. He showed zero improvement as a passer during college.

Reminds me of Ryan Lindley, who came out of San Diego State. The guy started four years at SDSU despite having better guys around him, just because of his size.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 27
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/4/2017 2:50:06 PM   
David Levine

quote:

I'd rather have AD at QB...
Post #: 28
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/4/2017 5:16:52 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

If Dalvin Cook and Fournette go early could we snag McCaffery in the 3rd or 4th or would we have to grab him in the 2nd? Gallman, Mixon, Hunt, Conner could be there later too?

If Mixon falls to us in round 3, do you do it? Very talented.

Speilman might as well swing for the fences. Probably make playoffs or get fired this year.

I wouldn't draft mixon for all the tea in China. The guy has some serious character issues. At least two incidents of him mistreating women. Those kind of guys can't be trusted.

The incident will be 4 years ago come this fall.

You must not believe in giving anyone a second chance.

Actually, he had his second chance. In the fall of 2016, he had another problem with a female parking lot attendant. Two chances are enough for me when it comes to tough guys taking out frustrations on women. No thanks.
Post #: 29
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/4/2017 5:21:21 PM   
joejitsu

I spent some time watching the underwear Olympics today. One of the big things I noticed was that many of the te's appeared to be very fast. Some of them looked like wr's when they were moving down the track. I know that 40 times are only one measurement, but I was pretty impressed with some of those times.
Post #: 30
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/4/2017 5:26:26 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

arif's most recent vikings' mock....

Pick 46 (or 47): Roderick Johnson, OT Florida State
Pick 78 (or 80): Marcus Williams, S Utah
Pick 86: Nico Siragusa, OT San Diego State
Pick 121: D’Onta Foreman, RB Texas
Pick 129: Trey Hendrickson, DE Florida Atlantic
Pick 159: Jon Toth, C Kentucky
Pick 198: Joshua Dobbs, QB Tennessee
Pick 232: Jimmie Gilbert, LB Colorado

I haven't seen Foreman play but he only caught 7 passes.

Seems like we already have him on the roster in Asiata.

Asiata likely not on the roster much longer. Plus, he seems to have lost a step.
http://min.247sports.com/Bolt/Vikings-RB-Matt-Asiata-to-test-free-agency--51587340

Foreman is a typical ball control running back. He's huge and loves contact. I saw him a few times this year and he doesn't really look like a natural pass catcher, but he's a powerful dude.
Post #: 31
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/4/2017 5:32:48 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

donnel pumphrey, a running back from san diego state bench pressed five (5) times - 225 pounds...i wonder what the all-time low is for a none kicker/punter?....

but, these are his number from the last three seasons - he owns the division 1 record....

2016 349 2133
2015 309 1653
2014 276 1867

IIRC, many moons ago, Fred Smoot managed one rep on the bench.
Post #: 32
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/4/2017 8:51:36 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If Dalvin Cook and Fournette go early could we snag McCaffery in the 3rd or 4th or would we have to grab him in the 2nd? Gallman, Mixon, Hunt, Conner could be there later too?

Speilman might as well swing for the fences. Probably make playoffs or get fired this year.

I wouldn't draft mixon for all the tea in China. The guy has some serious character issues. At least two incidents of him mistreating women. Those kind of guys can't be trusted.

Actually, he had his second chance. In the fall of 2016, he had another problem with a female parking lot attendant. Two chances are enough for me when it comes to tough guys taking out frustrations on women. No thanks.

You must not believe in giving players as many chances as they need as long as they can help your football team.
Post #: 33
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/4/2017 8:54:03 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

I spent some time watching the underwear Olympics today. One of the big things I noticed was that many of the te's appeared to be very fast. Some of them looked like wr's when they were moving down the track. I know that 40 times are only one measurement, but I was pretty impressed with some of those times.

According to Arif, over the last 5 years, 7 of the top 10 TE 40 times were run today.

Dam.

must take OL, must take OL, must take OL....

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 3/4/2017 11:24:23 PM >
Post #: 34
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/4/2017 9:31:03 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

According to Arif, over the last 10 years, 7 of the top 10 TE 40 times were run today.

Dam.

but can they block?....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 35
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/4/2017 9:45:40 PM   
ratoppenheimer

possible 5th round pick....

Chris Tomasson‏ @christomasson
LSU defensive lineman Davon Godchaux said today he talked to the #Vikings at the combine.

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 3/4/2017 9:48:07 PM >

Post #: 36
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/4/2017 11:32:35 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

According to Arif, over the last 10 years, 7 of the top 10 TE 40 times were run today.

Dam.

but can they block?....

We already have TEs that can block (its our OL that can't).

It would be nice to have one TE that's not a decent-blocking three-toed sloth.
Post #: 37
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 6:30:55 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

You guys need to face the facts: no offensive player, even running back can be effective and sustain drives if the offensive line is a sieve at run and pass blocking.

Down and distance are determined by execution and basic sound blocking on running or passing plays is more important than any other
Single thing..

I really do not understand who any one can consider putting resources anywhere else

Get offensive linemen. Throw a mid pick at a well rounded "do everything" running back, three down type, and spend a late or undfa on somebody to replace hieneke if he has no developmental potential

Always be looking at QB talent to develop.

JMO

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 3/5/2017 6:33:10 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness"
There will be hell to pay.
Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the “M” is silent.......
Post #: 38
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 9:55:54 AM   
ratoppenheimer

this years defensive phenom myles garrett 4.64/40....

danielle hunter 4.57/40....

Post #: 39
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 11:15:22 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

You guys need to face the facts: no offensive player, even running back can be effective and sustain drives if the offensive line is a sieve at run and pass blocking.

Down and distance are determined by execution and basic sound blocking on running or passing plays is more important than any other
Single thing..

I really do not understand who any one can consider putting resources anywhere else

Get offensive linemen. Throw a mid pick at a well rounded "do everything" running back, three down type, and spend a late or undfa on somebody to replace hieneke if he has no developmental potential

JMO

Agreed. Until the o-line is fixed, nothing else matters on offense this coming season.

Post #: 40
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 11:20:16 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dam.

but can they block?....

We already have TEs that can block (its our OL that can't).

It would be nice to have one TE that's not a decent-blocking three-toed sloth.

I would draft a guy like Cole Hikutini in the 5-6 round.

Post #: 41
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 12:41:59 PM   
kurt bilben

https://youtu.be/tAGnKpE4NCI

I think most in here know unless we fix the OLine---

Nothing else matters...
Post #: 42
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 1:07:43 PM   
thebigo

quote:

this years defensive phenom myles garrett 4.64/40....

danielle hunter 4.57/40....

yup
Post #: 43
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 1:25:53 PM   
Dave Odle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

People can talk 2nd chances all they want. obv in some circumstances some people deserve 2nd chances and it's not only a good thing for them it's a good thing for the lives they touch afterwords.

But an honest assessment says that if someone does something there's a good chance they'll do it again. You're not supposed to punch a woman in the face, you're not supposed to slam a dog repeatedly to the ground until it dies. You're not supposed to molest or beat a child. You're not supposed to put a woman in a vulnerable situation with your only intentions being your sexual gratification. There's lots of lines that people might flirt with crossing - but they don't. Then you have all these line crossers and everyone seems to think a person gets one in the bank. Why?

I would generally agree w/ you. In this case, I think context is everything, though. According to the video, it looked like Mixon followed her friend into the restaurant and lingered to call her friend something derogatory. So, yes, he definitely initiated the incident. She, however, should have kept her hands to herself. She pushed him first and he cocked his fist back like he was going to hit her and then stopped. That's where the incident would have probably stopped, but she escalated it by hitting him in the throat. Granted, it wasn't a hard swing, but it had something on it. IMO, the girl was just as stupid for taunting him because she didn't think he would hit her back. My guess is that he was around 18 or 19 years old at that time. I believe that would take a lot of restraint for anyone not to clock another person at that age.

This is also the problem w/ equality. It's a messy business in some cases, this one highlighting a major reason why. She initiated the physical violence and was the original aggressor.

I don't know the situation w/ the other physical confrontation involving a girl, so won't bother to speculate. I guess my main point is that they were both definitely at fault.

Also, other points. I would like to think that they both learned an important lesson that night. Number one: hardly anything good happens at 2:30 am. Number 2: just because you're a pretty blonde girl does not mean you get to get drunk and punch people when someone says something that upsets you. Number 3: if you are a young athlete w/ a wonderful livelihood that few people could even dream of in front of you, protect it at all costs.

< Message edited by Dave Odle -- 3/5/2017 2:24:43 PM >

Could this be the year?
Post #: 44
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 2:37:54 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

People can talk 2nd chances all they want. obv in some circumstances some people deserve 2nd chances and it's not only a good thing for them it's a good thing for the lives they touch afterwords.

But an honest assessment says that if someone does something there's a good chance they'll do it again. You're not supposed to punch a woman in the face, you're not supposed to slam a dog repeatedly to the ground until it dies. You're not supposed to molest or beat a child. You're not supposed to put a woman in a vulnerable situation with your only intentions being your sexual gratification. There's lots of lines that people might flirt with crossing - but they don't. Then you have all these line crossers and everyone seems to think a person gets one in the bank. Why?

I would generally agree w/ you. In this case, I think context is everything, though. According to the video, it looked like Mixon followed her friend into the restaurant and lingered to call her friend something derogatory. So, yes, he definitely initiated the incident. She, however, should have kept her hands to herself. She pushed him first and he cocked his fist back like he was going to hit her and then stopped. That's where the incident would have probably stopped, but she escalated it by hitting him in the throat. Granted, it wasn't a hard swing, but it had something on it. IMO, the girl was just as stupid for taunting him because she didn't think he would hit her back. My guess is that he was around 18 or 19 years old at that time. I believe that would take a lot of restraint for anyone not to clock another person at that age.

This is also the problem w/ equality. It's a messy business in some cases, this one highlighting a major reason why. She initiated the physical violence and was the original aggressor.

I don't know the situation w/ the other physical confrontation involving a girl, so won't bother to speculate. I guess my main point is that they were both definitely at fault.

Dont agree with your interpretation at all. But I understand my take is just as much speculation.

There is a confrontaion of some kind...words are exchanged. If it had come to blows outside, that is one thing.

But...once you walk away from the situation... you have clearly made a choice not to escalate the situation.

Mixon made the opposite conscious decision by 'pursuing' the altercation inside...I dont care if it was a chick or just a smaller dude...the outcome and guilt have to be filtered by the intention of those involved.
Post #: 45
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 2:41:53 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Single thing..

JMO

+1000!
Post #: 46
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 2:44:52 PM   
Tom Sykes

Again. I went online and found his lawyer's comments and her lawyers comments and watched the video. That rarely tells the whole story.
Post #: 47
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 3:26:18 PM   
joejitsu

I'm actually in Indy right now, but I'm not at the combine. My oldest son is working out with scouts from the UnderArmour national baseball team. It's kind of like a combine, but for baseball. He was one of 39 regional invites. Pretty cool.
Post #: 48
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 3:34:45 PM   
Dave Odle

quote:

I'm actually in Indy right now, but I'm not at the combine. My oldest son is working out with scouts from the UnderArmour national baseball team. It's kind of like a combine, but for baseball. He was one of 39 regional invites. Pretty cool.

Very cool!! Congrats!!

Could this be the year?
Post #: 49
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 3/5/2017 6:00:17 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

Congrats. That's big stuff.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2017 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode