Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2017 NFL Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2017 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  94 95 [96] 97 98   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 1:05:27 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Saw a young man at my daugthers track meet last night that was sizzling fast for a HS kid

100 meter 10.76
200 meter 22.06

and he is only a jr

That's bookin'. My dad ran a 10.2 100 yard in 1951. I think it was an Iowa state record at the time. He was one of the fastest guys I've ever seen in person. He could keep up with us when he was in his late 40's.

I know a guy that was clocked at 22 mph.. of course, he was running from the police.

That was me. but I wasn't running from the police. Somebody said, "free beer".

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 2376
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 1:31:45 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I looked at just a few seconds of Rodney Adams in those rookie clips and I thought, "Da**! He looks fast" and. I made the comment here that he's got some giddy up. Paul Allen was there and he said he stood out above all of the rest. We may have another Diggs (5th round steal) and Treadwell may continue to have trouble getting on the field. I know it's early and all that. It's just rookie camp. I know. Just, we're looking for something to cheer about.

Bruce thanks for the report. I would like a little clarification. Did he stand out above the other receivers or did he stand out as the best of all players in the rookie camp? Looking at his clips to me he seemed like a poor man's Cordarelle Patterson. That's not a bad thing since we no longer have CP.

That he stood among all the players. One thing though. Reading about I came across that he has a tendency to fumble. Here's hoping he can correct that. Allen was saying he had a similar reaction to Diggs and Percy Harvin. They were receivers too.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 2377
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 1:46:48 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I looked at just a few seconds of Rodney Adams in those rookie clips and I thought, "Da**! He looks fast" and. I made the comment here that he's got some giddy up. Paul Allen was there and he said he stood out above all of the rest. We may have another Diggs (5th round steal) and Treadwell may continue to have trouble getting on the field. I know it's early and all that. It's just rookie camp. I know. Just, we're looking for something to cheer about.

Bruce thanks for the report. I would like a little clarification. Did he stand out above the other receivers or did he stand out as the best of all players in the rookie camp? Looking at his clips to me he seemed like a poor man's Cordarelle Patterson. That's not a bad thing since we no longer have CP.

That he stood among all the players. One thing though. Reading about I came across that he has a tendency to fumble. Here's hoping he can correct that. Allen was saying he had a similar reaction to Diggs and Percy Harvin. They were receivers too.

Where did you find this report? I haven't looked Hard yet, but Vikings.Com only had the report of Friday's practice. Maybe Daily Norseman?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2378
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 2:01:00 PM   
Tim Cady

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/4/30/15495882/eagles-dalvin-cook-philadelphia-vikings-florida-state-running-back-philadelphia-roster-depth-chart

Catching up on the thread and I am enjoying reading about everybody who was going to take Cook. Packers at 33 between Cook and King, they felt King was a cleaner choice. (AKA they didn't want to perform the Due diligence), Philadelphia and of course the Saints who could have had Foster and Cook if they weren't being haunted by the football Gods for bounty gate. Found this line particularly humorous about Philly:

(I don’t doubt Rick Spielman wanted to stick it to Howie Roseman after trading a 2017 first and a 2018 fourth to the Eagles for Sam Bradford.) So instead of getting Cook at No. 43 or trading up to get him, the Eagles ended up taking injured cornerback Sidney Jones.

What a paranoid agenda. Is Philadelphia under the impression we wouldn't make the same deal again? Because Sam Bradford was a steal. We have hope for last year and this year because we have him. He is entering his prime and way more of a sure thing than their Sophomore Quarterback Carson, who if you weren't paying attention faded fast at the end. Now the Defensive coordinators have tape on him, his education will continue. And even if we weren't happy with the trade, what makes this buffoon think Rick Spielman would be looking for the right moment with our best pick to get back at Philly?

I apologize to the board for the link because we are now all dumber for having read that quote. - copywrite Dude from Billy Madison

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 2379
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 2:37:05 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

Rookies.

Nice as long as it doesn't mean that others disappointed.

It's rookies. I don't know how disappointing is possible in that environment.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 2380
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 3:53:05 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where did you find this report? I haven't looked Hard yet, but Vikings.Com only had the report of Friday's practice. Maybe Daily Norseman?

I listened to PA's radio broadcast. I'm sure you could listen to it online, but it might take awhile to find it with a three hour broadcast. I think it was the second half of hour #1.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 5/8/2017 3:54:37 PM >

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 2381
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 3:58:01 PM   
Bruce Johnson

It's rather short, but this has a video of the rookie practice.

http://www.vikings.com/news/mailbag/article-1/Monday-Morning-Mailbag-Rookie-Class-Impact-On-Veterans/fb405e69-87ba-461e-88e4-4a24bd28df61

By the way, there are three videos and the third one is the one where Adams caught my eye. He just looked faster than everyone else.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 5/8/2017 4:02:55 PM >

Post #: 2382
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 4:01:01 PM   
Burns

This was a point I was trying to bring up during the draft with Elflein and Johnson getting picked. Something to think about in future drafts for what is important to the type of players Zimmer likes

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2017/01/25/senior-bowl-north-notebook-day-one-iowa-dl-jaleel-johnson-a-disruptive-force/amdz0ok/

My son is a wrestler and I have coached him when he was young and coached youth football. It always seemed that the youngsters that were youth wrestlers always had a big advantage in balance, hand usage, understanding leverage, body position, and above all, aggressiveness.

Sorry, this was the link I was trying to paste:

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/22712/wrestling-shaped-mike-zimmer-it-also-shaped-the-vikings-draft

< Message edited by Burns -- 5/8/2017 6:39:14 PM >

"They put his picture up and the f*****s booed him"

Warrior Sapper 12B Combat Engineer
Post #: 2383
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 4:04:57 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Corey Chavous was speaking about that too, with respect to Johnson.

Post #: 2384
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 6:23:55 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Chavous says Eifein gets thrown around in an elevator. I've liked the use of "phone booth" because you know what you are getting size wise.... but people now might not have ever seen a phone booth

The other day there was something about a DL having a "butterfly first step" or something.
Post #: 2385
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 7:18:42 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

You can root for the rookies all you want but aside fro KR duties they're not likely to produce anything on the field this year. 1) cause rookies often don't and 2) we don't seem to give them much of a chance.

You can cry about Floyd all you want - it's a move I can see them easily making.

Diggs = star
Thielen = quality #3.

Then nothing but question marks. All the rest of them are question marks.

i really hope cook gets plenty of playing time...with this regime it's not a given that he gets even 30% of the snaps early in the season....

A lot of early snaps will depend on how well he can help protect our QB, imo
Post #: 2386
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 8:59:31 PM   
SoMnFan

Post Draft NFL Power Rankings by ESPN

21. Minnesota Vikings

2016 record: 8-8
Post-free agency ranking: No. 19

The Vikings think they upgraded at offensive tackle, and I guess you could make the argument that they could have signed two recliners and not been any worse off there than they were last season. But Riley Reiff and Mike Remmers are in the prove-it zone, and the success of Latavius Murray and Dalvin Cook is tied to theirs.

1. NE
2. Atnalta
3. GB
Post #: 2387
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 9:02:00 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

21. Minnesota Vikings

The Vikings think they upgraded at offensive tackle, and I guess you could make the argument that they could have signed two recliners and not been any worse off there than they were last season. But Riley Reiff and Mike Remmers are in the prove-it zone, and the success of Latavius Murray and Dalvin Cook is tied to theirs.

1. NE
2. Atnalta
3. GB

Good.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 2388
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 9:06:39 PM   
Chris Olson

lol, they went down after the draft!

funny stuff!
Post #: 2389
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 9:15:11 PM   
drviking

http://www.kaaltv.com/sports/byron-native-jack-nelson-not-joining-minnesota-vikings-now-nfl-football/4477109/?cat=10151

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 2390
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 9:56:52 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

21. Minnesota Vikings

1. NE
2. Atnalta
3. GB

Is GB ever ranked lower than 3rd prior to the season?
Post #: 2391
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/8/2017 10:01:06 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

21. Minnesota Vikings

1. NE
2. Atnalta
3. GB

I think that one year after Hornung quit and Lombardi died ... they sunk to 4th.
Post #: 2392
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/9/2017 1:51:11 AM  1 votes
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thomas O. Eliason

I don't think Moss was one of the fastest people in the history of the NFL. It's been around a long time, after all.

I do, however, think that Moss was one of the fastest guys ever, to get to full speed. I mean, he was flying by step two and just plain gone by step 3.

Not to mention, he could jump out of the building... and he caught anything that was anywhere near him.

He was truly a unique talent.

Those LOS passes that he took to the house were something never seen before.

The immediate explosion of speed was off the charts. He didn't shake or wiggle anybody. He just went. There was no screen. It was just him. Absolutely amazing. Often times he wasn't put in a position to succeed, yet he did.
Post #: 2393
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/9/2017 9:15:22 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thomas O. Eliason

I don't think Moss was one of the fastest people in the history of the NFL. It's been around a long time, after all.

I do, however, think that Moss was one of the fastest guys ever, to get to full speed. I mean, he was flying by step two and just plain gone by step 3.

Not to mention, he could jump out of the building... and he caught anything that was anywhere near him.

He was truly a unique talent.

Those LOS passes that he took to the house were something never seen before.

The immediate explosion of speed was off the charts. He didn't shake or wiggle anybody. He just went. There was no screen. It was just him. Absolutely amazing. Often times he wasn't put in a position to succeed, yet he did.

They just had one of those "top ten" shows on the NFL channel on speed.

Some yahoo came on and wondered out loud how Randy Moss even made the list, and that he basically was just a tall receiver who simply out jumped defender for the ball...

I wanted to jump through the TV. How do they let so incompetent so called experts even on those shows?
Post #: 2394
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/9/2017 9:34:19 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

You can root for the rookies all you want but aside fro KR duties they're not likely to produce anything on the field this year. 1) cause rookies often don't and 2) we don't seem to give them much of a chance.

You can cry about Floyd all you want - it's a move I can see them easily making.

Diggs = star
Thielen = quality #3.

Then nothing but question marks. All the rest of them are question marks.

n/m

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 5/9/2017 9:47:55 AM >
Post #: 2395
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/9/2017 9:46:16 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

21. Minnesota Vikings

1. NE
2. Atnalta
3. GB

I think that one year after Hornung quit and Lombardi died ... they sunk to 4th.

I like how NE gets ranked so highly on draft grades because of the veterans they added (and we don't). Even though they only drafted 4 players, none of which based on pre-draft analysis, project as middle of the pack prospects.

As an example, Zierlein at nfl.com's 'draft power rankings':

Patriots, #3 (!!!!)
The Patriots used their draft picks to get "now" players like Brandin Cooks and Kony Ealy, so that should be factored in here. With just four picks, the Patriots didn't pull any shockers and instead opted for tough guys in the trenches in OT Antonio Garcia and DEs Derek Rivers and Deatrich Wise. I must have said "Wise is a Patriot" about four times while watching his tape.

Vikings, #28
The Vikings' draft was spotty. Dalvin Cook is a talented runner who should compete for early carries, while Pat Elflein was my top-rated center. On the flip side, I'm not as high on fourth-round LB Ben Gedeon or fifth-round guard Danny Isadora. Bucky Hodges fell all the way to the sixth round and could become a starter in due time.

BOTTOMLINE: I am just one sick puppy to be offended by draft pundit analysis.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 5/9/2017 9:49:23 AM >
Post #: 2396
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/9/2017 10:25:08 AM   
kurt bilben

I have three draft periodicals on this draft class. All have Bucky Hodges no later then a 2nd round pick.

They rave about this dudes dominance physically when matched up with opposing secondaries...

Tape looks pretty good as well..

Wow a fast TE- imagine that....
Post #: 2397
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/9/2017 12:54:59 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

21. Minnesota Vikings

1. NE
2. Atnalta
3. GB

I like how NE gets ranked so highly on draft grades because of the veterans they added (and we don't). Even though they only drafted 4 players, none of which based on pre-draft analysis, project as middle of the pack prospects.

As an example, Zierlein at nfl.com's 'draft power rankings':

Patriots, #3 (!!!!)
The Patriots used their draft picks to get "now" players like Brandin Cooks and Kony Ealy, so that should be factored in here. With just four picks, the Patriots didn't pull any shockers and instead opted for tough guys in the trenches in OT Antonio Garcia and DEs Derek Rivers and Deatrich Wise. I must have said "Wise is a Patriot" about four times while watching his tape.

Vikings, #28
The Vikings' draft was spotty. Dalvin Cook is a talented runner who should compete for early carries, while Pat Elflein was my top-rated center. On the flip side, I'm not as high on fourth-round LB Ben Gedeon or fifth-round guard Danny Isadora. Bucky Hodges fell all the way to the sixth round and could become a starter in due time.

BOTTOMLINE: I am just one sick puppy to be offended by draft pundit analysis.

They conveniently didn't mention the NT we drafted in the 4th that may start from the beginning. Not surprising coming from ESPN homer either.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2398
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/9/2017 1:59:31 PM   
Tim Cady

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Todd-McShay-Vikings-are-1-of-NFLs-Most-Improved-Teams-After-Draft/7bdbf7be-879d-4cf9-bccd-af220e182ec4

Even funnier is this report from McShay. Nobody outside of Cold Omaha type places have mentioned the value the Vikings got for their original 7 picks. Like Sam Bradford in the first round. I would take Sam Bradford, a starting caliber quarterback, over a Cooks, an exciting receiver. I love this love hate that Schizophrenic ESPN has with Vikings and Patriots. The Patriots now could take a made up guy and get kudos because they are the Patriots.

Back to Vikings value after trading the one away, they started the draft with 6 picks. They moved up and got 1st round talent with their 2nd rounder and got 2nd round talent with their 3rd rounder. Then they started a pyramid of trading down that garnered them 9 additional value picks.

Post #: 2399
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 5/9/2017 2:38:40 PM   
Tim Cady

Daily Dalvin Dish!

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Studio-Sitdown-Dalvin-Cook/13b5e4db-d3b9-43af-97a7-483fbc512cf8

Post #: 2400
Page:   <<   < prev  94 95 [96] 97 98   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2017 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  94 95 [96] 97 98   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode