Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other games 2017

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: Other games 2017 Page: <<   < prev  83 84 85 86 [87]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other games 2017 - 1/28/2018 4:49:27 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

DL, you still in Vegas?

Yes.

quote:

Who was favored in this game? What was the spread?

No idea. I don't bet on sports.

Why don't you bet on sports? Afraid it will become a problem? I'd be very tempted to bet on sports I know something about. I guess baseball. Anyway, you could probably come out ahead betting on hoops. Maybe experiment with small money for a year and see how you come out of it?

I have no interest at all. I'm not into gambling, and to me its like Fantasy Sports - it lessens my enjoyment of the product.

I also have friends that are bookies, so I know that no one ever comes out ahead (well, they ALL do, obviously...).

Some gamblers do come out ahead.

For a time...

Until they don't.
Post #: 2151
RE: Other games 2017 - 2/5/2018 3:06:32 PM   
bgdavis

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

quote:

I could have made some money on this one in Vegas. Really, how was the 6 seed favored over the 1 seed on a cold field in the 1 seed's stadium? Just silliness.

ATL easily could have won the game.

Toss out that fluke would-be interception for a catch would take 3 points away from PHI, and ATL would have been scoring a FG at the end there. That's one wierd bounce from it being an ATL win.

I keep coming back to this one fluke play. I am still of the opinion that this weird sure-fire INT turned 1st down completion was the difference in PHI vs. ATL. Some may point to the final incompletion to Jones, but they wouldn't have needed a TD there if PHI 3 less points from not scoring that FG right before half-time.

If the ATL DB makes that INT, MIN would have hosted ATL for the NFCCG. It's possible that the Vikings may have still suffered a big letdown, but I think they would have been much more competitive playing at home against ATL, a team they beat earlier in the season. If they'd won that, I think they would have given NE a good game, possibly even gotten to win.

I will forever remember that one fluke play, and wonder what if the ATL DB had caught it instead. Maybe, just maybe, MIN would have won their first SB. Instead, PHI gets their first SB and Vikings fans are left wondering what if and looking ahead to next season...

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 2152
RE: Other games 2017 - 2/5/2018 8:02:15 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I could have made some money on this one in Vegas. Really, how was the 6 seed favored over the 1 seed on a cold field in the 1 seed's stadium? Just silliness.

Toss out that fluke would-be interception for a catch would take 3 points away from PHI, and ATL would have been scoring a FG at the end there. That's one wierd bounce from it being an ATL win.

I keep coming back to this one fluke play. I am still of the opinion that this weird sure-fire INT turned 1st down completion was the difference in PHI vs. ATL. Some may point to the final incompletion to Jones, but they wouldn't have needed a TD there if PHI 3 less points from not scoring that FG right before half-time.

If the ATL DB makes that INT, MIN would have hosted ATL for the NFCCG. It's possible that the Vikings may have still suffered a big letdown, but I think they would have been much more competitive playing at home against ATL, a team they beat earlier in the season. If they'd won that, I think they would have given NE a good game, possibly even gotten to win.

I will forever remember that one fluke play, and wonder what if the ATL DB had caught it instead. Maybe, just maybe, MIN would have won their first SB. Instead, PHI gets their first SB and Vikings fans are left wondering what if and looking ahead to next season...

The Eagles had their own Philthy Miracle when their kicker made the team record 61 yard FG to beat the Giants, pretty much the difference between swapping the 1st and 2nd seed with the Vikes.
Post #: 2153
RE: Other games 2017 - 2/10/2018 9:50:16 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Eagles had their own Philthy Miracle when their kicker made the team record 61 yard FG to beat the Giants, pretty much the difference between swapping the 1st and 2nd seed with the Vikes.

Having a good kicker is both overrated and underrated. Depends on that kicker's mental state on game-day. Very few can be trusted every time out. Even the current Pats kicker is a disaster some days.

When Robbie Grossman is your DH, you could be a playoff team. See 2017.
Post #: 2154
RE: Other games 2017 - 2/10/2018 7:30:48 PM   
SoMnFan

Its like that infamous closer role in baseball.
It's a stupid role.
Until your team repeatedly loses last-inning leads.
Then suddenly, you start looking into good closers.
Post #: 2155
RE: Other games 2017 - 2/11/2018 5:03:58 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

It's a stupid role.

I will never believe in a pitcher being labeled a closer. 15 years from now relief pitchers will not be judged on saves for HOF voting, thankfully.

When Robbie Grossman is your DH, you could be a playoff team. See 2017.
Post #: 2156
RE: Other games 2017 - 2/12/2018 11:02:52 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

It's a stupid role.

I will never believe in a pitcher being labeled a closer. 15 years from now relief pitchers will not be judged on saves for HOF voting, thankfully.

I few years ago the news media asked a manager who hadn't named a closer about the roles of the bullpen and how the pitchers seemed to be griping about not knowing what their roles were...he responded with this "their role is when I call them to get people out. That's their role." Now I wish he was more successful. as he was the Pre good Astros manager Cecil Cooper...but I think he has the right attitude.

How do you make Holy Water? You Boil the Hell out of it.
Post #: 2157
Page:   <<   < prev  83 84 85 86 [87]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: Other games 2017 Page: <<   < prev  83 84 85 86 [87]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode