Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2018 Free Agents

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2018 Free Agents Page: <<   < prev  39 40 41 42 [43]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/30/2018 4:34:01 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Green Bay got a couple good corners in the draft, but we know here in Minnesota how it takes a little time for a corner to develop. With that in mind, I wonder if Wayne's will continue to improve one more time year over year.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 1051
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/30/2018 8:53:57 AM   
Bill Jandro

Not very many cb's light it up as rookies.

MLB---Choose well and Championships will follow
Post #: 1052
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/30/2018 9:00:09 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

it took rhodes three years to come around...waynes has put in three, and i think his coverage skills get better still....

i think that's what hughes and hill are about - we're thinking ahead a couple of seasons...although, i can see hughes starting in the slot this year....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1053
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/30/2018 9:25:18 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

it took rhodes three years to come around...waynes has put in three, and i think his coverage skills get better still....

i think that's what hughes and hill are about - we're thinking ahead a couple of seasons...although, i can see hughes starting in the slot this year....

Hughes is definitely a higher level talent than McKenzie and also better suited for the slot. However, after watching a bunch of Vikings games from last year on YouTube recently I think Alexander is better than most of us think he is.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1054
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/30/2018 9:30:48 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Green Bay got a couple good corners in the draft, but we know here in Minnesota how it takes a little time for a corner to develop. With that in mind, I wonder if Wayne's will continue to improve one more time year over year.

Green Bay got a couple of good corners in the draft a few years ago as well (Until they weren’t)

They drafted 3 RB’s last year to see if they could get one.

They’ve drafted boat loads of receivers...

The ONLY reason they get in any discussion is Rodgers... Period!

Nice Ian
Post #: 1055
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/30/2018 9:46:29 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Hughes is definitely a higher level talent than McKenzie and also better suited for the slot. However, after watching a bunch of Vikings games from last year on YouTube recently I think Alexander is better than most of us think he is.

i've been watching those youtube games/highlights lately too...and i noticed alexander's improvement last season - i don't think hughes, even as a 1st round pick, is going to just push alexander off the field - mackensie seems to be developing into just what zimmer had hoped he would...that's another reason i'm thinking that newman doesn't make the final cut - we're just too deep with young talent at cornerback....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1056
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/30/2018 5:40:31 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

It took rhodes three years to come around...waynes has put in three, and i think his coverage skills get better still....

i've been watching those youtube games/highlights lately too...and i noticed alexander's improvement last season - i don't think hughes, even as a 1st round pick, is going to just push alexander off the field - mackensie seems to be developing into just what zimmer had hoped he would...that's another reason i'm thinking that newman doesn't make the final cut - we're just too deep with young talent at cornerback....

Those YouTubes are cool aren't they. I see Hughes as definitely more explosive than Mack, but Mack IMO is decent. How many CBs are we going to carry. If we add Hill to Rhodes/Waynes/Hughes/Mack that is five. I'm wondering if we might consider moving Hill to safety.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1057
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/30/2018 6:46:16 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

Green Bay got a couple of good corners in the draft a few years ago as well (Until they weren’t)

Nice Ian

Why is my name on this lol?

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1058
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/30/2018 7:56:44 PM   
69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

Nice Ian

It says “Nice Ian”.

That’s not you. 😃

This is my burner account.
Post #: 1059
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/30/2018 8:39:54 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nice Ian

Mr. Period!
Post #: 1060
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/30/2018 8:56:24 PM   
kurt bilben

Lol

Post #: 1061
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/31/2018 12:47:23 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: 69in09

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nice Ian

It says “Nice Ian”.

That’s not you. 😃

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1062
Page:   <<   < prev  39 40 41 42 [43]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2018 Free Agents Page: <<   < prev  39 40 41 42 [43]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode