Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2018 offseason

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2018 offseason Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 8:57:16 AM   
Karl Juhnke

Yep, Butler is effectively running the Wolves right now. Because he's just showing up to practice and doing what he wants with impunity.

The only player worth that status is Lebron.

President Pence will be worse.
Post #: 1526
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 8:59:14 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Game
Set
Match

On this latest debacle
Good stuff Sweens

Well, to be fair, I'm not going to get much debate by calling Taylor a f***ing idiot.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 1527
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 9:04:12 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Game
Set
Match

On this latest debacle
Good stuff Sweens

Well, to be fair, I'm not going to get much debate by calling Taylor a f***ing idiot.

Just sayin, this latest peek into the dysfunction really should end all doubt.
Its simple.
Post #: 1528
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 9:33:01 AM   
ruffenach

quote:

quote:

quote:

Game
Set
Match

On this latest debacle
Good stuff Sweens

Just sayin, this latest peek into the dysfunction really should end all doubt.
Its simple.

I think the argument is that the team as is now constructed is going no where. With or without Jimmy, the team is no better then a 7 or 8th round team and will never win it all. If you keep the Thibs and Jimmy side show, you have Jimmy's contract spot another lottery pick and a new front office after the season. It is Taylors team and he is entitle to do what he wants with it. If Thibs can't end the side show, he is finished as a POBO and coach. He is not going to win with has been Bulls.
Post #: 1529
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 10:19:59 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ruffenach

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I remember going to games and watching games on TV where Garnett said Mother*&*F#$ a crazy amount of times in a game....loud enough to hear from the cheap seats. I am sure KG said as much as Butler in every practice and more.

I don't think swearing is the issue here.

Yeah, I really don't see how anyone can use that as a comparison. Butler's outbursts were directed at his teammates, coaches and GM. He is just trying to make himself such a toxic dick that they have no choice but to trade him.

Thibs sees this as acceptable behavior and as long as Jimmy plays, the rest is gravy to him. Until Uncle Glen fires Thibs nothing changes. Thibs is not going to trade his man Butler, who can do little wrong. This needs to be a wake up call for uncle Glen or the nuts will continue t run the farm. I have never heard KG blast management, by the way.

I listened to Glen Mason on Dan Barreiro's show yesterday. Different sport of course, but his take is that after a fiasco like yesterday's, he has no idea how Thibs could have even a shred of credibility left with his players.

Mason is excellent, would love to have a few beers with him.
Post #: 1530
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 11:00:20 AM   
Karl Juhnke

Krawczynski reports, Timberwolves will not practice today. No media availability.

This is just...

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 10/11/2018 11:04:22 AM >

Post #: 1531
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 11:07:59 AM   
David Levine

Its just preseason, but last night a few of the Miami targets had nice games:

Richardson: 25 points (9/16, 4/7, 3/3), 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal.
Adebayo: 26 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 5 steals, 3 blocks.
Post #: 1532
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 11:17:59 AM   
David Levine

Nice breakdown of Richardson:

https://www.canishoopus.com/2018/10/11/17958434/josh-richardson-maimi-heat-minnesota-timberwolves-want-badly-nba-trade
Post #: 1533
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 11:19:41 AM   
Steve Lentz

Taylor should call Thibs, Butler and Kat into his office in that order and say,
You are fired.
You will be traded.
We will build this team around you.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 1534
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 11:28:40 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Nice breakdown of Richardson:

https://www.canishoopus.com/2018/10/11/17958434/josh-richardson-maimi-heat-minnesota-timberwolves-want-badly-nba-trade

Honestly, at this point, if they can still get Richardson and a protected first round pick, they need to jump on it before things get any more insane.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 1535
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 11:29:17 AM   
David Levine

Yes, Towns has some work to do defensively and is still trying to master the nuances of being a leader as he prepares to enter Year 4, the final one before a five-year, $190-million contract kicks in.

But they show up to work every day. One missed game between them in seven combined seasons in this league. They always work to say the right things publicly.

To roll in like you own the place when you’re asking out? To hurl expletives at the head coach and GM, whether in jest or not, and then walk out of practice? Arrange a national television interview so you can take your beef to the streets?

It was no secret that Towns wasn’t particularly happy with Thibodeau or the organization this summer. There’s a reason he let that max contract offer sit unsigned until just before training camp. But he never said a word about it publicly, demurring the whole way.

Despite his brother’s little social media outburst, Wiggins has been nothing but complimentary of Butler and even said last week that he would welcome him back.

Thibodeau loves to say that words don’t mean anything, that a player’s actions are what matters most. And yet there was his beloved Butler, speaking in an interview about having the backs of his teammates, saying that if they fall to the court, "23 is gonna be there to pick you up," all while actively trying to get as far away from this team as fast as possible.

Former coach Stan Van Gundy went on SportsCenter and said that he talked to members of the organization who called it the best practice of the season for the energy that Butler brought to the table, a clear message of approval from Thibodeau and Layden.

"I know Thibs. He’s in there by himself, he locked his door and he’s smiling," Butler said. "He’s laughing. He’s like, ‘Yeah.’"

Butler smiled and chuckled while the whole world watched. This is what he wanted. He returned not to light a fire under his teammates or get them ready to take the court next week against San Antonio, but to find another way to get a message delivered to Thibodeau, Layden and Taylor.

Trade me now, or there’s more of the same on the way.

--Jon K and Shams
Post #: 1536
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 11:59:58 AM   
David Levine

Andrew Johnson@CountingBaskets
To me Woj is one of the people that comes off the worst out of yesterday, obviously being a stenographer for Butler's agent just to get a five minute jump on a couple of tweets isn't a great look when you expect to be regarded as a serious journalist.

4:54 AM - Oct 11, 2018
Post #: 1537
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 12:02:13 PM   
ruffenach

quote:

Yes, Towns has some work to do defensively and is still trying to master the nuances of being a leader as he prepares to enter Year 4, the final one before a five-year, $190-million contract kicks in.

But they show up to work every day. One missed game between them in seven combined seasons in this league. They always work to say the right things publicly.

To roll in like you own the place when you’re asking out? To hurl expletives at the head coach and GM, whether in jest or not, and then walk out of practice? Arrange a national television interview so you can take your beef to the streets?

It was no secret that Towns wasn’t particularly happy with Thibodeau or the organization this summer. There’s a reason he let that max contract offer sit unsigned until just before training camp. But he never said a word about it publicly, demurring the whole way.

Despite his brother’s little social media outburst, Wiggins has been nothing but complimentary of Butler and even said last week that he would welcome him back.

Thibodeau loves to say that words don’t mean anything, that a player’s actions are what matters most. And yet there was his beloved Butler, speaking in an interview about having the backs of his teammates, saying that if they fall to the court, "23 is gonna be there to pick you up," all while actively trying to get as far away from this team as fast as possible.

Former coach Stan Van Gundy went on SportsCenter and said that he talked to members of the organization who called it the best practice of the season for the energy that Butler brought to the table, a clear message of approval from Thibodeau and Layden.

"I know Thibs. He’s in there by himself, he locked his door and he’s smiling," Butler said. "He’s laughing. He’s like, ‘Yeah.’"

Butler smiled and chuckled while the whole world watched. This is what he wanted. He returned not to light a fire under his teammates or get them ready to take the court next week against San Antonio, but to find another way to get a message delivered to Thibodeau, Layden and Taylor.

--Jon K and Shams

Well said David!
Post #: 1538
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 12:05:41 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ruffenach

quote:

--Jon K and Shams

Well said David!

I just copied and pasted.
Post #: 1539
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 12:06:03 PM   
David Levine

Even Cris Carter is the voice of reason on this one...

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/first-things-first/video/1341750851770
Post #: 1540
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 12:12:59 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I remember going to games and watching games on TV where Garnett said Mother*&*F#$ a crazy amount of times in a game....loud enough to hear from the cheap seats. I am sure KG said as much as Butler in every practice and more.

I'm disappointed. You're usually capable of much better spin than that. I doubt even you believe thats comparable in any way.

From The Athletic:

Heck, this franchise was once home to Kevin Garnett, who never met a four-letter word he didn’t like and lorded over practice with an intensity and a fury that was unmatched. What was different this time around was the context. Butler has been asking out of Minnesota for months. He made it clear in July and August that he wasn’t going to sign an extension here and that the Wolves should consider moving him. When that didn’t happen, he summoned Thibodeau across the country a week before training camp to tell him as bluntly as he could: trade me.

So while he told ESPN that he was there to say that he had the backs of his teammates, his actions say something different. He turned his back on this franchise months ago, and now it was time to let everyone know what life is going to be like if he sticks around.
Post #: 1541
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 12:38:38 PM   
bohumm

From my friend Matt Madson (awesome Minneapolis artist), aka E-6 to you Canis guys:

Butler Meets Banksy

< Message edited by bohumm -- 10/11/2018 12:45:45 PM >
Post #: 1542
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 1:04:42 PM   
David Levine

Nate on yesterday:

A clearer picture about the "practice" is emerging. I’m not sure you could describe it as a scrimmage or a game and nobody was inspired by it. Most people had no idea what in the hell was happening.
Post #: 1543
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 1:10:32 PM   
Pete M.

quote:

Nate on yesterday:

A clearer picture about the "practice" is emerging. I’m not sure you could describe it as a scrimmage or a game and nobody was inspired by it. Most people had no idea what in the hell was happening.

Makes you think Thibs was either in on it or was content to allow it, right? An infamous control freak like he is, and he just lets Butler come in and take over practice for an hour? I don't think so.

That makes the events of yesterday even more appalling.
Post #: 1544
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 1:23:14 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pete M.

quote:

Nate on yesterday:

Makes you think Thibs was either in on it or was content to allow it, right? An infamous control freak like he is, and he just lets Butler come in and take over practice for an hour? I don't think so.

That makes the events of yesterday even more appalling.

Either way, I think Thibs was happy to see it. In his mind, Jimmy was showing leadership.
Post #: 1545
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 1:46:37 PM   
David Levine

Ugh:

Shams Charania✔@ShamsCharania
Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler called a players-only meeting today, airing his feelings toward situation and management, per league sources. Butler expressed to players he would compete with them, as signs pointing to him staying with the franchise into the regular season.

Shams Charania@ShamsCharania
Sources on @TheAthleticNBA @WatchStadium: Several players spoke up in players-only meeting, but Butler led it, made known his issues with management. His message was similar to one he displayed Wednesday: I run this. He's far too competitive to sit real games.
Post #: 1546
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 1:50:55 PM   
David Levine

Thibs needs to be fired immediately for how he's handled this.

Jimmy admitted to Nichols that he told Thibs he wanted out 4 DAYS AFTER THE SEASON, and Thibs just sat on that info until a week before TC...

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/1050244069186662400
Post #: 1547
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 2:13:54 PM   
Karl Juhnke

Could it be that Butler stays and leads a rebellion against Thibs? Then I might be all for it.

Post #: 1548
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 2:17:18 PM   
Pete M.

quote:

Ugh:

Shams Charania✔@ShamsCharania
Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler called a players-only meeting today, airing his feelings toward situation and management, per league sources. Butler expressed to players he would compete with them, as signs pointing to him staying with the franchise into the regular season.

Shams Charania@ShamsCharania
Sources on @TheAthleticNBA @WatchStadium: Several players spoke up in players-only meeting, but Butler led it, made known his issues with management. His message was similar to one he displayed Wednesday: I run this. He's far too competitive to sit real games.

I'm sure KAT is feeling just GREAT about this whole charade.
Post #: 1549
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/11/2018 2:27:03 PM   
ronhextall

Only thing comparable is the Oakland A's of the early 70's. I think they hated each others guts, but kept winning.

This is just like that, except for the winning part.
Post #: 1550
Page:   <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2018 offseason Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode