Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Russell Timmons, Ragnarök, bohumm
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  257 258 [259] 260 261   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 7:14:50 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: hrerikl

Speaking of the Linval Joseph touchdown, Watch Sheldon Richardson. He was in position to lay a huge block on Isaac Seumalo #73. I remember thinking "Oh crap, here comes a flag for a crack back block ." Instead Richardson smartly held up and just held him up enough to ensure he couldn't catch Joseph. In today's game with today's officiating it was a smart play.

All around smart football play by Richardson.

+1 I noticed the same thing as the play unfolded

MLB---Choose well and Championships will follow
Post #: 6451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 7:25:23 AM   
Bill Jandro

Sandejo
Rieff
Bowars

DNP Weds

MLB---Choose well and Championships will follow
Post #: 6452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 7:28:10 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

Cousins when asked about being on pace for 5k yards and career high in TDs:

These questions are tough to answer because it’s just not where my mind is at on a weekly basis,” Cousins said. “It does me no good to answer that question, to talk about that. I want to focus on the Arizona Cardinals, trying to win any way we can. If I throw for zero yards, throw zero passes and we win, we’re doing our job as an organization, as a team and we come in here on Monday happy. Certainly that doesn’t tend to happen, you do tend to throw the ball and stats can give you an indication of how a player’s playing but it does not tell the whole story.

Dude is often accused of putting up numbers but not wins.

In the small sample size I’ve seen,
Dude puts up big numbers, by trying to win.

First Viking QB I’ve seen who looks the part since ‘09 Favre and early Culpepper.
Amazing to think I tried to hope Ponder and Jackson would some day get “it”

Cousins has “it”

Amen.
Post #: 6453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 8:07:13 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

It's funny. I came in here (Vikings thread) yesterday for the first time in a week and about the third time in eight months. My goal was to talk football. I made a comment about Dalvin Cook. Granted, it was to spark some fire in people that I have had a long-standing argument with, but a legitimate football post.

Then, after making the post, I find a handful of people mentioning my name in a post. I search through pages but can't find any evidence of what they are talking about. One individual is crediting me (or discrediting me in this case) for posing as another person. It was followed by people defending me and others jumping on the posters bandwagon.

It became very clear to me though this process that this place really needs me. Now, provided Ian Joseph Stalin can handle himself as a moderator and quit censoring posts, randomly, I may stay for awhile.

I tend to assimilate people who think so highly of themselves as those who have actually done something of significance (No, simply the definition of narcissism)

Or perhaps knowledge of what he talks about (JCFootball writer) Yet we get crap like Adam Thielen should be a Sunglass salesman...

Or the Maurice Clarrett’s, and Colt Brennan’s of the world being world beaters?

Dude get over yourself, you are a completely flawed football fan as all of us are, however you are never in here to celebrate any wins, but all too available to pour salt in the wounds of long suffering Viking fans.

Nobody in here needs you bro, but in those brief moments like just before Walsh shanked a 27 yarder and you seemed like a freakin actual human being/ Viking fan, you get zero sympathy......

Once again I come in to talk football, only to find others talking about me. The more things change, the more things stay the same.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/11/2018 8:10:21 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 6454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 8:08:59 AM  1 votes
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

It's funny. I came in here (Vikings thread) yesterday for the first time in a week and about the third time in eight months. My goal was to talk football. I made a comment about Dalvin Cook. Granted, it was to spark some fire in people that I have had a long-standing argument with, but a legitimate football post.

Then, after making the post, I find a handful of people mentioning my name in a post. I search through pages but can't find any evidence of what they are talking about. One individual is crediting me (or discrediting me in this case) for posing as another person. It was followed by people defending me and others jumping on the posters bandwagon.

It became very clear to me though this process that this place really needs me. Now, provided Ian Joseph Stalin can handle himself as a moderator and quit censoring posts, randomly, I may stay for awhile.

Just becuz I can edit your shit. Maybe you will do us a favor and leave like you actually never did. I offered you a grown man offer to squash all this and you did exactly what I thought you would. You manned down.

So keep my name out your mouth, old man.

If you don't mind, I'd like to get back to talking football. I would hope our moderators would be above name-calling.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/11/2018 8:11:09 AM >

Post #: 6455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 8:19:10 AM  1 votes
Todd M

I wonder what it's like to think a player isn't worth of a roster spot on any team in the league only to watch them grow into one of the best at their position. I imagine it's pretty awkward.

I say Nay Nay!
Post #: 6456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 8:24:41 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I wonder what it's like to think a player isn't worth of a roster spot on any team in the league only to watch them grow into one of the best at their position. I imagine it's pretty awkward.

Not really. When you take as many stances as I do and put yourself out there, you are going to strike out from time to time. As I've always maintained, it's much harder to create than it is to criticize.

I've watched Thielen develop into a really good football player. I'm man enough to admit my mistakes.

It's an opinions board. I wonder how awkward it must be to come to a football opinions board and almost never give an opinion on football.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/11/2018 8:29:01 AM >

Post #: 6457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 8:37:43 AM  1 votes
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just becuz I can edit your shit. Maybe you will do us a favor and leave like you actually never did. I offered you a grown man offer to squash all this and you did exactly what I thought you would. You manned down.

If you don't mind, I'd like to get back to talking football. I would hope our moderators would be above name-calling.

Just as I thought.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 6458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 8:39:56 AM   
Todd M

quote:

When you take as many stances as I do and put yourself out there, you are going to strike out from time to time. As I've always maintained, it's much harder to create than it is to criticize.

You're batting .083

I say Nay Nay!
Post #: 6459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 8:41:52 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

When you take as many stances as I do and put yourself out there, you are going to strike out from time to time. As I've always maintained, it's much harder to create than it is to criticize.

You're batting .083

Gets you waived at single A level
Post #: 6460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 8:42:47 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

You're batting .083

At least I'm batting.

Post #: 6461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 9:05:04 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

I tend to assimilate people who think so highly of themselves as those who have actually done something of significance (No, simply the definition of narcissism)

Once again I come in to talk football, only to find others talking about me. The more things change, the more things stay the same.

I think that says it all.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 6462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 9:21:06 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Brad, I like having you here but seriously.

As part of the response to your post where you claim this place needs you (you talking about yourself instead of football) and also Where you complain about others being name callers, you called a moderator Ian Joseph Stalin.

If you want people to stop name calling perhaps you should stop it yourself.

If you want people to talk football, maybe you should keep the subject of your posts football.

Just some suggestions.

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 6463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 9:22:40 AM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Close your eyes, defensive coaches and players...

Since the 1970 merger, this year has through five weeks the…
– highest Comp Pct (65.0%)
– most Pass TD (275)
– highest TD Pct (4.8%)
– highest TD-Int ratio (1.95)
– highest pass attempts per team per game (36.6)

The dumbing down of America continues.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 6464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 9:51:26 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

– most Pass TD (275)
– highest TD Pct (4.8%)

The dumbing down of America continues.

I can fore see the day that pro football becomes something very similar to flag football. Actually, I am surprised that they don't have two flags on the QB already, one on each hip. If you grab both flags, the QB is sacked.

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 6465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 9:57:33 AM  4 votes
BigSky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

As part of the response to your post where you claim this place needs you (you talking about yourself instead of football) and also Where you complain about others being name callers, you called a moderator Ian Joseph Stalin.

If you want people to talk football, maybe you should keep the subject of your posts football
Just some suggestions.

You CAN NOT reason with someone who believes himself to be a god, who denies the
facts, and just pulls out half truths to forcefully administer his opinion, and if you don't
agree with him your opinion means shit, and you shouldn't be allowed to have one because he believes himself to be superior.
He's the type who will throw a sucker punch then run and cower, and claim to be the victim.
Brad is the true representation of who he claims to be.

The Season of: 8 SECOND RIDE! We're going to stay on
that Bull till the VERY END!
Post #: 6466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 10:36:08 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

The amazing thing about Kirk is he produces indoors and outdoors. Just wait until it gets colder out for Case. Case struggles outdoors. Kirk played outdoors majority of his games in the NFC east.

He was a top 5 qb in many categories with less talent and playing mostly outdoors. Dante, George, Cunningham, and even Brad Johnson were not cold weather guys. Our last cold weather QB other than Favre was probably Kramer

Good point Phil.

"You Like That?!!" Fire keeps him warm.

Strong arm doesn't hurt either.

Fix it Zimmer!!
Post #: 6467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 10:36:21 AM   
McMurfy

Binge watched Hard Knocks last night.
What’s it going to take for them to do the Vikings someday?

Last season seemed like a natural selection.

Something about Baker Mayfield in that bugged me.

Here’s what really irks me.

No one cares.
The losing?
No one cares.

Not the players
Not the Coaches
Not Dick and Bert
Not the Owners
Not the Front Office
And Not most of the fans.
Post #: 6468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 10:38:41 AM  1 votes
McMurfy

But naturally, I’m also here to talk about Brad.
Who isn’t?

Dude has some strong opinions. Has forever.

But I’ve always thought the board was better with him than without him.

Can’t say that about everyone.

Here’s what really irks me.

No one cares.
The losing?
No one cares.

Not the players
Not the Coaches
Not Dick and Bert
Not the Owners
Not the Front Office
And Not most of the fans.
Post #: 6469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 10:58:06 AM   
David Levine

quote:

I think Zim said he had no interest in doing it after going through it once with the Bengals.
Post #: 6470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 11:01:15 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

I think Zim said he had no interest in doing it after going through it once with the Bengals.

That was where I fell in love with Zimmer
He was great that year
It made him look like the very best a coach can be, in my eyes
Most Bengals looked at him with fear, but with great admiration. ALL came to him for help and knew they'd get it.
On their games and in their lives. He looked like the real deal. I was geeked when we went his way.
Thinking now that maybe "assistant" was the perfect fit for him.
Post #: 6471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 12:20:59 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigSky

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you want people to talk football, maybe you should keep the subject of your posts football
Just some suggestions.

You CAN NOT reason with someone who believes himself to be a god, who denies the
facts, and just pulls out half truths to forcefully administer his opinion, and if you don't
agree with him your opinion means shit, and you shouldn't be allowed to have one because he believes himself to be superior.
He's the type who will throw a sucker punch then run and cower, and claim to be the victim.

I beg to differ, I think Brad does add a diverse opinion to the forum rather than "rah, rah" Vikings as most others do. And I think he gets attacked by many for no reason other than an opposite or unlike opinion.

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 6472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 12:39:11 PM  2 votes
BigSky

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just some suggestions.

I beg to differ, I think Brad does add a diverse opinion to the forum rather than "rah, rah" Vikings as most others do. And I think he gets attacked by many for no reason other than an opposite or unlike opinion.

Obviously your either ignorant to, or of the same mind set to his opinions. I DO NOT have a problem
what so ever with his conjectures about the VIKINGS, I do however have a problem,(along with some
others in here)with his personal vendetta. Like I said he'll throw a sucker punch towards an
individual, or individual's then run and cower, and then claim to be the victim.

The Season of: 8 SECOND RIDE! We're going to stay on
that Bull till the VERY END!
Post #: 6473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 12:54:59 PM  1 votes
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just some suggestions.

“Shocked, shocked I tell you that there is gambling going on”

“Your winnings sir”

< Message edited by kurt bilben -- 10/11/2018 12:56:46 PM >
Post #: 6474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 2:22:22 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

– most Pass TD (275)
– highest TD Pct (4.8%)

How much of this can be attributed to the league going overboard protecting the qb?

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 6475
Page:   <<   < prev  257 258 [259] 260 261   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  257 258 [259] 260 261   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode