Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  258 259 [260] 261 262   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 2:41:13 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigSky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

It's funny. I came in here (Vikings thread) yesterday for the first time in a week and about the third time in eight months. My goal was to talk football. I made a comment about Dalvin Cook. Granted, it was to spark some fire in people that I have had a long-standing argument with, but a legitimate football post.

Then, after making the post, I find a handful of people mentioning my name in a post. I search through pages but can't find any evidence of what they are talking about. One individual is crediting me (or discrediting me in this case) for posing as another person. It was followed by people defending me and others jumping on the posters bandwagon.

It became very clear to me though this process that this place really needs me. Now, provided Ian Joseph Stalin can handle himself as a moderator and quit censoring posts, randomly, I may stay for awhile.

Just becuz I can edit your shit. Maybe you will do us a favor and leave like you actually never did. I offered you a grown man offer to squash all this and you did exactly what I thought you would. You manned down.

So keep my name out your mouth, old man.

If you don't mind, I'd like to get back to talking football. I would hope our moderators would be above name-calling.

Brad, I like having you here but seriously.

As part of the response to your post where you claim this place needs you (you talking about yourself instead of football) and also Where you complain about others being name callers, you called a moderator Ian Joseph Stalin.

If you want people to stop name calling perhaps you should stop it yourself.

If you want people to talk football, maybe you should keep the subject of your posts football
Just some suggestions.

You CAN NOT reason with someone who believes himself to be a god, who denies the
facts, and just pulls out half truths to forcefully administer his opinion, and if you don't
agree with him your opinion means shit, and you shouldn't be allowed to have one because he believes himself to be superior.
He's the type who will throw a sucker punch then run and cower, and claim to be the victim.
Brad is the true representation of who he claims to be.

I beg to differ, I think Brad does add a diverse opinion to the forum rather than "rah, rah" Vikings as most others do. And I think he gets attacked by many for no reason other than an opposite or unlike opinion.

Brad thinking "CPAMAN in my corner... Oh god, dat's all I need" (Caddyshack reference)
Post #: 6476
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 2:43:16 PM   
thebigo

If these boards need a 24/7 then yes, these boards need Hoisflamer.
Post #: 6477
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 6:51:32 PM   
GopherFan34

The schedule sets up where the Vikes need to run some W's to separate from the pack, no pun intended! I'm all in on, if you have no running game at the moment, don't try to pound it, do what you do best. Theilen and Diggs are our best options, ride the horse.
Post #: 6478
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 6:55:51 PM   
McMurfy

Don’t shoot me for not knowing but is there a reason Murray hasn’t had more carries lately?
He’s had a succesful career running behind less than ideal offensive lines.

I’d like to see 20 carries for Murray a game,10 for Cook and 5 receiving targets for Cook.

Is that a reasonable ask?

Here’s what really irks me.

No one cares.
The losing?
No one cares.

Not the players
Not the Coaches
Not Dick and Bert
Not the Owners
Not the Front Office
And Not most of the fans.
Post #: 6479
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 6:59:15 PM   
Tom Sykes

Chris Tomasson
‏@christomasson
3h3 hours ago
Larry Fitzgerald on golfing: "I can beat Kirk Cousins. I know that I whopped up on him this offseason a few times. He can't hang with me. But Adam (Thielen is) a different story. I beat up on (Kyle Rudolph) a few times. He can't play. I whooped up on him a lot, too.''

Chris Tomasson
‏@christomasson
3h3 hours ago
Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald ... he said he can whoop Kirk Cousins and Kyle Rudolph in golf but he stays away from Adam Thielen because that could cost him money. Said Thielen is very long off the tee.
Post #: 6480
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 7:27:01 PM   
Pager

Griff might be back sooner than expected??

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/10/11/17965716/everson-griffen-update-mixed-signals-minnesota-vikings

Weatherly stepping up gives us amazing depth if Griff does come back effective.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 6481
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 7:32:08 PM   
Pager

What an upgrade Keenum is over Siemian

The Broncos currently ranking 12th in total offense and 18th in passing after finishing the 2017 campaign ranked 17th in total offense and 20th in passing. Improving from 20th to 18th (even with a much improved rushing attack).

Post #: 6482
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 7:34:56 PM   
Pager

Might be an all-season thing for A aron

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000972805/article/aaron-rodgers-dealing-with-knee-rehab-setback

Post #: 6483
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 8:28:39 PM   
hrerikl

Dalvin Cook Full participant today.

Vikings injury update: Dalvin Cook full participant for first time since Week 2
Post #: 6484
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 10:00:51 PM   
hrerikl

Kirk Cousins is at his best when pressure is cranked up.

quote:

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Cousins has been pressured on 28.8 percent of his dropbacks through five games

quote:

Cousins has been forced to get rid of the ball quickly. His average time in the pocket is 2.03 seconds this season, which is the fourth fastest in the NFL.

quote:

Cousins’ 64.7 completion percentage and 8.1 yards per attempt under pressure rank second and fifth, respectively. His 51 passing attempts when pressured are the most of any QB without an interception in that situation this season, and he has three touchdowns in those situations.

quote:

His completion percentage is higher (72 percent) when not throwing under duress, and he has thrown seven touchdowns from a clean pocket, but his yards per attempt is lower (7.4)

quote:

“Sometimes you love seeing pressure, because you say, ‘Now I only have to go against three deep/three under as opposed to three deep/four under, which opens up a zone,” Cousins said. “And if our back, our tight end or our line can pick it up, now I’m free to sit back there and have more space to throw.”

quote:

Cousins’ 81.6 completion percentage with play-action passes ranks first in the NFL, and he has been pressured on 38.5 percent of his play-action plays.

quote:

The Vikings QB has a 110.9 passer rating when blitzed, which is the seventh-best among all QBs. Knowing how to diagnose these blitzes relies first and foremost on getting the ball out quickly.
Post #: 6485
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 10:08:36 PM   
Pager

Good stuff hrerikl.

Cousins not a big game player. Cousins not good under pressure. Cousins turns the ball over too much.

Post #: 6486
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 10:14:34 PM   
hrerikl

Really his season numbers under pressure look a lot better because he was amazing under pressure against the Eagles.

A closer look at Kirk Cousins’ remarkable performance under pressure vs. Eagles

quote:

Cousins was pressured 18 times on 42 drop backs — which was driven in part by the fact that he only threw eight passes more than 10 yards down the field — and on those 18 throws he completed 16 passes for 179 yards and one touchdown, good for a 134.1 quarterback rating when under duress.

The Eagles had very little success blitzing Cousins. On nine total blitzes, he completed seven passes for 121 yards.

Overall Cousins has a 98.4 rating when under pressure here — which isn’t quite as good as his 109.4 rating when kept clean. He has a better rating overall (108.8 vs. 104.0) when blitzed than when not blitzed.

quote:

The question is whether his numbers are sustainable. Against the blitz he was a better passer in 2016 and 2017, so it appears likely that he can continue to take advantage when opponents send an extra rusher. However, his passer rating under pressure was just a 66.3 last season and has never been higher over a full year than 72.3.

He has receivers that may be helping him than he had the last two years but we are likely still much better off keeping him upright. He has a history though of being better when blitzed than not.

< Message edited by hrerikl -- 10/11/2018 10:18:52 PM >
Post #: 6487
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 10:43:27 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Cousins when asked about being on pace for 5k yards and career high in TDs:

These questions are tough to answer because it’s just not where my mind is at on a weekly basis,” Cousins said. “It does me no good to answer that question, to talk about that. I want to focus on the Arizona Cardinals, trying to win any way we can. If I throw for zero yards, throw zero passes and we win, we’re doing our job as an organization, as a team and we come in here on Monday happy. Certainly that doesn’t tend to happen, you do tend to throw the ball and stats can give you an indication of how a player’s playing but it does not tell the whole story.

Dude is often accused of putting up numbers but not wins.

In the small sample size I’ve seen,
Dude puts up big numbers, by trying to win.

First Viking QB I’ve seen who looks the part since ‘09 Favre and early Culpepper.
Amazing to think I tried to hope Ponder and Jackson would some day get “it”

Cousins has “it”

Couldn’t agree more Murf...

Cousins has surprised the hell outta me, stands strong, is accurate downfield, and has more pocket presence then I imagined.

We’ll see what kinda heart he has going forward in the big moments, but he is passing every test I had for him excepting the Bills game.

He's re-affirmed and if possible is better than what I expected. He's consistently looked liked Bradford in the NO game (amazing throw after amazing throw - except of course the Bills game).

The heart he showed in the GB and Rams games, I no longer doubt it.

When WAS traded for Alex, and it was a certainty that Cousins would hit the market, I knew Mike Shanahan was a huge backer. Reading what Kyle and McVay said about him convinced me. Easy to ignore/dismiss the noise from WAS FO and Gruden.

Speaking of Smith, he isn't exactly lighting it up for Kirk's old team. Averaging 260 yards and 1 TD per game.

Smith would have been out of the NFL by 2008 had he not been the #1 overall pick. Smith is a loser, he never stands in there and rather miss guys than give them a chance to make a play. Someone definitely coached him the old mantra "either the receiver gets it or no one gets it." Watch the tape of the playoff game vs the Steelers, Andy Reid called a masterful game only for Smith to miss wide open receivers. As for the Skins they're terribly run and they once again blew it, glad we benefited.
Post #: 6488
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 10:46:48 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Don’t shoot me for not knowing but is there a reason Murray hasn’t had more carries lately?
He’s had a succesful career running behind less than ideal offensive lines.

I’d like to see 20 carries for Murray a game,10 for Cook and 5 receiving targets for Cook.

Is that a reasonable ask?

I agree, Murr has been solid. Thought he had some key runs in Philly and in Green Bay. We need Cook to stay healthy for the stretch run. No problem with Roc Thomas getting 5-7 carries, maybe 10+ if we're in control.
Post #: 6489
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 10:49:32 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Chris Tomasson
‏@christomasson
3h3 hours ago
Larry Fitzgerald on golfing: "I can beat Kirk Cousins. I know that I whopped up on him this offseason a few times. He can't hang with me. But Adam (Thielen is) a different story. I beat up on (Kyle Rudolph) a few times. He can't play. I whooped up on him a lot, too.''

Chris Tomasson
‏@christomasson
3h3 hours ago
Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald ... he said he can whoop Kirk Cousins and Kyle Rudolph in golf but he stays away from Adam Thielen because that could cost him money. Said Thielen is very long off the tee.

Can't whoop Bradford! Rumor has it that Sam is the best golfer in the NFL, which makes sense why he went to Zona.
Post #: 6490
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 11:16:44 PM   
marty

I greatly appreciate the information and opinions you folks put on here, it is really outstanding.

The personal attacks on each other, not so much.

I like when Brad offers an opinion on something, there is sometimes a lack of that, people seem afraid of sticking their necks out on things, probably because some over-sized ego will attack them on it.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6491
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2018 11:28:02 PM   
marty

I stick my neck out plenty and offer an opinion on many things. Not bragging, I was born with big balls.

While there is quite the list of things I have been right about, there are many more things I have been wrong about, and I freely admit it. I am around 40% correct with things, and that's not bad, considering the volume and scope of the opinions.

I loved the Cousin's signing, but want to see him perform better in the 1st half, to avoid turnovers in the 4th quarter, and to continually improve until he has brought the Vikings a SB win.

Hopefully the Vikes win one on Sunday for Sack Daddy, and hopefully Sack Daddy is back playing soon, and hungry as ever.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6492
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 12:01:06 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Chris Tomasson
‏@christomasson
3h3 hours ago

Chris Tomasson
‏@christomasson
3h3 hours ago

Can't whoop Bradford! Rumor has it that Sam is the best golfer in the NFL, which makes sense why he went to Zona.

Thielen and Sam are good at every sport

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6493
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 7:12:50 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

It's funny. I came in here (Vikings thread) yesterday for the first time in a week and about the third time in eight months. My goal was to talk football. I made a comment about Dalvin Cook. Granted, it was to spark some fire in people that I have had a long-standing argument with, but a legitimate football post.

Then, after making the post, I find a handful of people mentioning my name in a post. I search through pages but can't find any evidence of what they are talking about. One individual is crediting me (or discrediting me in this case) for posing as another person. It was followed by people defending me and others jumping on the posters bandwagon.

It became very clear to me though this process that this place really needs me. Now, provided Ian Joseph Stalin can handle himself as a moderator and quit censoring posts, randomly, I may stay for awhile.

Just becuz I can edit your shit. Maybe you will do us a favor and leave like you actually never did. I offered you a grown man offer to squash all this and you did exactly what I thought you would. You manned down.

So keep my name out your mouth, old man.

If you don't mind, I'd like to get back to talking football. I would hope our moderators would be above name-calling.

Brad, I like having you here but seriously.

As part of the response to your post where you claim this place needs you (you talking about yourself instead of football) and also Where you complain about others being name callers, you called a moderator Ian Joseph Stalin.

If you want people to stop name calling perhaps you should stop it yourself.

If you want people to talk football, maybe you should keep the subject of your posts football
Just some suggestions.

You CAN NOT reason with someone who believes himself to be a god, who denies the
facts, and just pulls out half truths to forcefully administer his opinion, and if you don't
agree with him your opinion means shit, and you shouldn't be allowed to have one because he believes himself to be superior.
He's the type who will throw a sucker punch then run and cower, and claim to be the victim.
Brad is the true representation of who he claims to be.

I beg to differ, I think Brad does add a diverse opinion to the forum rather than "rah, rah" Vikings as most others do. And I think he gets attacked by many for no reason other than an opposite or unlike opinion.

Obviously your either ignorant to, or of the same mind set to his opinions. I DO NOT have a problem
what so ever with his conjectures about the VIKINGS, I do however have a problem,(along with some
others in here)with his personal vendetta. Like I said he'll throw a sucker punch towards an
individual, or individual's then run and cower, and then claim to be the victim.

Perhaps he is somewhere in-between. Ever think of that? There is lots of grey in life. It isn't all black and white.

I have to disagree on something, however. Rarely do I ever attack someone on a personal level unprovoked. There is a few people in here I do, but it's only out of self-defense. A handful of these people in here have lost their privilege of being treated kindly and fairly from me. At some point a person puts up a fight. But, generally speaking, I tend to stay away from personal attacks.

It's funny, because some of the people in here remember me for about 3-5 things. It's either Colt Brennan, Maurice Clarett, Adam Thielen or some other random issue that was hot for a day. They point to those 3-5 issues over a 15-year period and minimize it to batting .083. I could create a book as deep as War in Peace on the things I have been right about, but they only remember the things they want to remember, as if it is some sort of indictment on my football intellect. I've had some criticize my business and line of work. I've had other criticize my wife because she doesn't know the difference between a snow shovel and a spade (she's never lived outside of California).

All I can say is this. I try to maintain civility. I try to talk football. I try not to make it personal. However, I am human and make mistakes. And then there is a few people in here where the gloves came off long ago.

Now, can we please get back to talking football and drop the Brad H talk?

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/12/2018 7:28:39 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 6494
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 7:27:59 AM   
Phil Riewer

Brad I have been talking about football...

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6495
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 7:31:37 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Perfect. Should I become interested in the topic of Bradford, Rudolph or Larry Fitzgerald being good golfers, I will get involved.

Post #: 6496
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 8:01:50 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Perfect. Should I become interested in the topic of Bradford, Rudolph or Larry Fitzgerald being good golfers, I will get involved.

Please dont. Football players playing golf or anything is a lot more pertinent than Brad talking about Brad.
Post #: 6497
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 8:14:07 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

[ I've had other criticize my wife because she doesn't know the difference between a snow shovel and a spade (she's never lived outside of California).

Ah, another oldie, but goodie. You do understand that people don't have to live in Arizona to know what a cactus is, right? That whole thing was just so funny because you were actually BRAGGING that she didn't know what a snow shovel was. That's what was so odd about it. You could have said she has never had to USE one because your point was that you lived in heaven while the rest of us slobs lived in hell (most of us think it's the reverse, but that was your point), but instead you jumped on her ignorance of the subject.

I still think it's funny, but kind of embarrassing for you, that you outed her lack of knowledge on the internet, and then got defensive when you were called on it.

Those who observe tyranny in silence are complicit.
Post #: 6498
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 8:17:22 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: hrerikl

Kirk Cousins is at his best when pressure is cranked up.

quote:

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Cousins has been pressured on 28.8 percent of his dropbacks through five games

quote:

Cousins has been forced to get rid of the ball quickly. His average time in the pocket is 2.03 seconds this season, which is the fourth fastest in the NFL.

quote:

Cousins’ 64.7 completion percentage and 8.1 yards per attempt under pressure rank second and fifth, respectively. His 51 passing attempts when pressured are the most of any QB without an interception in that situation this season, and he has three touchdowns in those situations.

quote:

His completion percentage is higher (72 percent) when not throwing under duress, and he has thrown seven touchdowns from a clean pocket, but his yards per attempt is lower (7.4)

quote:

“Sometimes you love seeing pressure, because you say, ‘Now I only have to go against three deep/three under as opposed to three deep/four under, which opens up a zone,” Cousins said. “And if our back, our tight end or our line can pick it up, now I’m free to sit back there and have more space to throw.”

quote:

Cousins’ 81.6 completion percentage with play-action passes ranks first in the NFL, and he has been pressured on 38.5 percent of his play-action plays.

quote:

The Vikings QB has a 110.9 passer rating when blitzed, which is the seventh-best among all QBs. Knowing how to diagnose these blitzes relies first and foremost on getting the ball out quickly.

That is wayyyyyy too many statistics. Do they have one for average number of wipes taken per poop fest?

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 6499
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 8:37:32 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

[ I've had other criticize my wife because she doesn't know the difference between a snow shovel and a spade (she's never lived outside of California).

Ah, another oldie, but goodie. You do understand that people don't have to live in Arizona to know what a cactus is, right? That whole thing was just so funny because you were actually BRAGGING that she didn't know what a snow shovel was. That's what was so odd about it. You could have said she has never had to USE one because your point was that you lived in heaven while the rest of us slobs lived in hell (most of us think it's the reverse, but that was your point), but instead you jumped on her ignorance of the subject.

I still think it's funny, but kind of embarrassing for you, that you outed her lack of knowledge on the internet, and then got defensive when you were called on it.

You are entitled to your own opinion.

For you others, this is exactly what I have been talking about in here for the past day. Self-righteousness personified.

The reality is, people in the northern states all know what a cactus is because they can't wait to leave during the winter and see one. In the 30+ years I've lived in Southern California, I have yet to have one person tell me they can't wait to get to Minnesota in January to see a snow shovel. There's 212-million images of cactus when doing a Google search. There's 14-million of snow shovels. Yet, in Lynn's mind, they are on an equal plain.

I have never backed away from this argument. Like I've always said; I'd much rather have a wife who knows the finer things in life, than one that knows the ins and out of a snow shovel. I'm glad Lynn finds it amusing. It tells us a lot about her character. She's a proud, Midwestern lady with an in-depth knowledge of the shovel industry.

I'd prefer to find my life partner at the Dana Point Harbor, not the John Deere store. Call me shallow.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/12/2018 9:19:17 AM >

Post #: 6500
Page:   <<   < prev  258 259 [260] 261 262   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  258 259 [260] 261 262   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode