Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Ian Joseph, David F.
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  259 260 [261] 262 263   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 9:47:09 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

[ I've had other criticize my wife because she doesn't know the difference between a snow shovel and a spade (she's never lived outside of California).

Ah, another oldie, but goodie. You do understand that people don't have to live in Arizona to know what a cactus is, right? That whole thing was just so funny because you were actually BRAGGING that she didn't know what a snow shovel was. That's what was so odd about it. You could have said she has never had to USE one because your point was that you lived in heaven while the rest of us slobs lived in hell (most of us think it's the reverse, but that was your point), but instead you jumped on her ignorance of the subject.

I still think it's funny, but kind of embarrassing for you, that you outed her lack of knowledge on the internet, and then got defensive when you were called on it.

You are entitled to your own opinion.

For you others, this is exactly what I have been talking about in here for the past day. Self-righteousness personified.

The reality is, people in the northern states all know what a cactus is because they can't wait to leave during the winter and see one. In the 30+ years I've lived in Southern California, I have yet to have one person tell me they can't wait to get to Minnesota in January to see a snow shovel. There's 212-million images of cactus when doing a Google search. There's 14-million of snow shovels. Yet, in Lynn's mind, they are on an equal plain.

I have never backed away from this argument. Like I've always said; I'd much rather have a wife who knows the finer things in life, than one that knows the ins and out of a snow shovel. I'm glad Lynn finds it amusing. It tells us a lot about her character. She's a proud, Midwestern lady with an in-depth knowledge of the shovel industry.

I'd prefer to find my life partner at the Dana Point Harbor, not the John Deere store. Call me shallow.

Congratulations Lynn. You made Brad squirm. And not just a little bait worm squiggle (might as well join Brad’s obnoxious stereotyping) but a full-blown California style multi-cineplex Tremors III writhing.

Stop talking bad about your wife Brad. Its unseemly.
Post #: 6501
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:25:14 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

[ I've had other criticize my wife because she doesn't know the difference between a snow shovel and a spade (she's never lived outside of California).

Ah, another oldie, but goodie. You do understand that people don't have to live in Arizona to know what a cactus is, right? That whole thing was just so funny because you were actually BRAGGING that she didn't know what a snow shovel was. That's what was so odd about it. You could have said she has never had to USE one because your point was that you lived in heaven while the rest of us slobs lived in hell (most of us think it's the reverse, but that was your point), but instead you jumped on her ignorance of the subject.

I still think it's funny, but kind of embarrassing for you, that you outed her lack of knowledge on the internet, and then got defensive when you were called on it.

For you others, this is exactly what I have been talking about in here for the past day. Self-righteousness personified.

The reality is, people in the northern states all know what a cactus is because they can't wait to leave during the winter and see one. In the 30+ years I've lived in Southern California, I have yet to have one person tell me they can't wait to get to Minnesota in January to see a snow shovel. There's 212-million images of cactus when doing a Google search. There's 14-million of snow shovels. Yet, in Lynn's mind, they are on an equal plain.

I have never backed away from this argument. Like I've always said; I'd much rather have a wife who knows the finer things in life, than one that knows the ins and out of a snow shovel. I'm glad Lynn finds it amusing. It tells us a lot about her character. She's a proud, Midwestern lady with an in-depth knowledge of the shovel industry.

I'd prefer to find my life partner at the Dana Point Harbor, not the John Deere store. Call me shallow.

Congratulations Lynn. You made Brad squirm. And not just a little bait worm squiggle (might as well join Brad’s obnoxious stereotyping) but a full-blown California style multi-cineplex Tremors III writhing.

Not in the least. You don't know the first thing about either me or my wife. She'd be the first to tell you she could care less about snow shovels. She'd prefer to never see one, and I'd prefer she not have to. If Lynn wants to wear that knowledge like a badge of honor, have at it. My wife has never milked a cow or swung a golf club either. It doesn't make her less of a person. It only means she has different values.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 6502
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:28:08 AM   
Lynn G.

But the question on everyone's mind is: does she know what a cow is?

Honestly Brad, you did your wife no favors with your rant. Just stop it.

Those who observe tyranny in silence are complicit.
Post #: 6503
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:34:15 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Might be an all-season thing for A aron

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000972805/article/aaron-rodgers-dealing-with-knee-rehab-setback

9 wins might be enough, I don't believe in the Bears (yet).
Post #: 6504
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:37:38 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

You know, for somebody who claims to come here to talk football, he talks very little football.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 6505
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:39:18 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not in the least. You don't know the first thing about either me or my wife. She'd be the first to tell you she could care less about snow shovels. She'd prefer to never see one, and I'd prefer she not have to. If Lynn wants to wear that knowledge like a badge of honor, have at it. My wife has never milked a cow or swung a golf club either. It doesn't make her less of a person. It only means she has different values.

Just stop while you are only way behind.

Knowing anything about those things – and especially a stupid snow shovel – doesn't make anyone's values better or worse or different.

You tried to prod and belittle somebody and got summarily spanked.

Are you going to move on and talk football now like you keep saying?
Post #: 6506
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:40:41 AM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: hrerikl

Kirk Cousins is at his best when pressure is cranked up.

quote:

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Cousins has been pressured on 28.8 percent of his dropbacks through five games

quote:

Cousins has been forced to get rid of the ball quickly. His average time in the pocket is 2.03 seconds this season, which is the fourth fastest in the NFL.

quote:

Cousins’ 64.7 completion percentage and 8.1 yards per attempt under pressure rank second and fifth, respectively. His 51 passing attempts when pressured are the most of any QB without an interception in that situation this season, and he has three touchdowns in those situations.

quote:

His completion percentage is higher (72 percent) when not throwing under duress, and he has thrown seven touchdowns from a clean pocket, but his yards per attempt is lower (7.4)

quote:

“Sometimes you love seeing pressure, because you say, ‘Now I only have to go against three deep/three under as opposed to three deep/four under, which opens up a zone,” Cousins said. “And if our back, our tight end or our line can pick it up, now I’m free to sit back there and have more space to throw.”

quote:

Cousins’ 81.6 completion percentage with play-action passes ranks first in the NFL, and he has been pressured on 38.5 percent of his play-action plays.

quote:

The Vikings QB has a 110.9 passer rating when blitzed, which is the seventh-best among all QBs. Knowing how to diagnose these blitzes relies first and foremost on getting the ball out quickly.

Glad to see Cousins is tough under pressure, but I'd prefer if he didn't have to be. Speaking of which, now that Elf is back, have we heard anything about Brett Jones lately? Perhaps this week he'll take over at one of the Guard positions considering the injury to Reiff. He'd be an upgrade over Remmers and Compton, which isn't saying much...

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 6507
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:46:35 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

Might be an all-season thing for A aron

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000972805/article/aaron-rodgers-dealing-with-knee-rehab-setback

9 wins might be enough, I don't believe in the Bears (yet).

I think the Bears are better than expected – not sure how much is Mack / momentum and how much is being solid ...

All three teams, Bears / Packers / Lions seem dangerous in any one game but not serious enough to hold it together for a division title.

And neither are we yet. We really have to keep building off of last week.
Post #: 6508
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:47:39 AM   
Ragnarök

If it wasnt for having being fans of or enjoying critisizing the Vikings most here would never be friends or even cross one anothers paths in life...

Some come here for the info and fandom, some for the flavor and just to stir the pot... Takes all kinds to be a community... Embrace our diverse intellectual and regional backgrounds and understand this is what makes this place great...

If it were just about football this place would have ceased to exist years ago, as most of these old school message boards are dying in a time of social media, bland posting by the masses...

What we have here is a community... I have known many of you by screen name and personas for the 30 years I have been frequenting this crazy board...

I like Brads stylings, I enjoy Marty's sometimes unique views, I loathe some people's egos and their need to call every one out and be so self richeous, but in same breath I enjoy that they are themselves and bring something to our community...

Like a big dysfunctional family I love you guys!

Group hugs all around!
Post #: 6509
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:49:02 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

For someone who was complaining about people talking about him and not football, he sure is spending a lot of time talking about himself and not football.

Come on Brad.

Don't take others bait. Just talk football.

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 6510
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:50:37 AM  1 votes
thebigo

Remember last week, that 2 day stretch or so of really stupid posting? The bar has been reset.
Post #: 6511
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:51:53 AM   
Brad H

quote:

Yep, she knows what a cow is.

I actually find this entire conversation fairly funny. My wife is one of the greatest people I know. She's hard-working. She's honest. She's caring. She's understanding. She's has three college degrees. She makes good money. She's a great mother. She's good looking. Yet, despite my rants about how great she is, Lynn thinks I'm doing some sort of disservice by saying she doesn't know the difference between a snow shovel and a spade. It just goes to show the different values some people have.

So yes, she does know what a cow is. For a self-proclaimed writer, one would think you would be smart enough to figure out over a 10-year period that this was an "ad hominem argument" from he beginning. It's a good thing your books are targeted at toddlers.

Lets call a spade a spade (no pun intended).

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/12/2018 10:57:38 AM >

Post #: 6512
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:54:35 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

What an upgrade Keenum is over Siemian

The Broncos currently ranking 12th in total offense and 18th in passing after finishing the 2017 campaign ranked 17th in total offense and 20th in passing. Improving from 20th to 18th (even with a much improved rushing attack).

That's like saying Diarrhea is an upgrade over dyssentary

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 6513
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 10:54:49 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

If it wasnt for having being fans of or enjoying critisizing the Vikings most here would never be friends or even cross one anothers paths in life...

Some come here for the info and fandom, some for the flavor and just to stir the pot... Takes all kinds to be a community... Embrace our diverse intellectual and regional backgrounds and understand this is what makes this place great...

If it were just about football this place would have ceased to exist years ago, as most of these old school message boards are dying in a time of social media, bland posting by the masses...

What we have here is a community... I have known many of you by screen name and personas for the 30 years I have been frequenting this crazy board...

I like Brads stylings, I enjoy Marty's sometimes unique views, I loathe some people's egos and their need to call every one out and be so self richeous, but in same breath I enjoy that they are themselves and bring something to our community...

Group hugs all around!

You had to make it weird.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 6514
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 11:05:44 AM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Group hugs all around!

You had to make it weird.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 6515
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 11:10:22 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

For someone who was complaining about people talking about him and not football, he sure is spending a lot of time talking about himself and not football.

Come on Brad.

Don't take others bait. Just talk football.

I'm getting it out of everyone's system so we can eventually get back to football. It's been awhile. They've obviously all missed me.

thebigo sent me a personal message saying he has missed me. He's one of my favorite fans.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/12/2018 11:16:53 AM >

Post #: 6516
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 11:14:42 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I stick my neck out plenty and offer an opinion on many things. Not bragging, I was born with big balls.

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (2)
Post #: 6517
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 11:16:07 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Remember last week, that 2 day stretch or so of really stupid posting? The bar has been reset.

Indeed.

I apologize for my part.

Brad, I would never insult your or anybody’s wife ... but I do apologize for mentioning her while targeting you in a post. Not cool.

And very different from Lynn using your words against you. Well justified.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 10/12/2018 11:21:52 AM >
Post #: 6518
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 11:19:09 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Indeed.

I apologize for my part.

Brad, I would never insult your or anybody’s wife ... but I do apologize for mentioning her while targeting you in a post.

You are a good man, Tom. Never had any problems with you.

Post #: 6519
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 11:23:14 AM   
Ragnarök

Ive missed you Brad... and just so you know, you can use the same wax technique to wax your snow shovel that you use to wax your surfboard... personal experience...

I also miss guys like JC and his incessant rants attempting to prove his usually distored views by skewing stats to his own view points with varying degrees of fact involved... too bad his persona is just too offensive in other ways for this board...

Hell I most miss the many personalities from here over the years who have dropped out, passed on and are no longer with us except in spirit! So many will never get to be here with us and see the Vikings win a Super Bowl one day...
Post #: 6520
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 11:25:41 AM   
Brad H

quote:

Ive missed you Brad... and just so you know, you can use the same wax technique to wax your snow shovel that you use to wax your surfboard... personal experience...

I also miss guys like JC and his incessant rants attempting to prove his usually distored views by skewing stats to his own view points with varying degrees of fact involved... too bad his persona is just too offensive in other ways for this board...

Hell I most miss the many personalities from here over the years who have dropped out, passed on and are no longer with us except in spirit! So many will never get to be here with us and see the Vikings win a Super Bowl one day...

Peace

Post #: 6521
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 11:30:20 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
It looks like the #Vikings will be down two starters Sunday in Riley Reiff and Andrew Sendejo. Tashawn Bower also in line not to play. Everson Griffen already ruled out.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6522
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 11:38:16 AM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

Peace

Next time I get a chance to put down my snow shovel and get off the mountain up here north of you I would really enjoy a day in So Cal sitting down with Brad and Ian over a toasted coconut caramel macchiato... and talk Vikes football!
Post #: 6523
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 11:42:44 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

The smart money would be on JC.

The smart money would be to just shut your mouth and quit guessing.

Weird. My post was neither about football or Brad H. yet... a response - and a nasty one at that!

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 6524
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2018 11:50:50 AM  1 votes
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

quote:

Peace

Next time I get a chance to put down my snow shovel and get off the mountain up here north of you I would really enjoy a day in So Cal sitting down with Brad and Ian over a toasted coconut caramel macchiato... and talk Vikes football!

I wont be there in THAT scenario. I only fratenize with men.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 6525
Page:   <<   < prev  259 260 [261] 262 263   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  259 260 [261] 262 263   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode