Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Brad H
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  272 273 274 275 [276]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 9:36:33 PM   
Art

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

You guys can defend Waynes all you want. At this point, the guy is a veritable turnstile. Patrons get more contact from security when entering the stadium.

You should try watching him play some time. You might get an idea of how wrong your take is. Not that you'd admit it.

NFL Sunday Ticket. I watch every game. The guy is awful.

Anyone else want to defend Waynes? Roll tape on the Bills and Rams games.

You are making my point. He was injured and didn't even play in those games. Look how bad the secondary was without him

Edit: Sorry. I need to eat my words. He got hurt in game one, but apparently he played in games two, three and four. He missed game five, but returned this week. I thought he was out since his injury in game one. My bad.

Apparently you missed the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEP3QPzIOLE

https://www.therams.com/video/cooper-kupp-catches-pinpoint-td-over-two-vikings-defenders

I did. I was so freaked out by the Buffalo game that I couldn't bear to watch that game. I also watched only a fraction of the Bills game. I take losses really hard. I didn't watch the Eagles game until I heard that we won. (I record each game, actually.) I did watch all of the Cardinals game.

I had no idea.
You got to beat that brother.
It's a game.

What happened?
Post #: 6876
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 10:38:19 PM   
Ragnarök

The Pack get the most favorable home calls from the Refs of all of the NFL...
Post #: 6877
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 10:39:23 PM   
Ricky J

There isnt a call in the NFL that can piss me off more than the illegal contact (automatic 1st down) call
Post #: 6878
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 10:47:23 PM   
marty

I'm surprised Waynes is so well liked, unless it's just hatred of Brad.

I see Waynes as usually just a step late, the perfect pass beating him so often, reminds me of, what was his name .... Willie Teal ?

Well hopefully Waynes turns into the next Theilen. I would LOVE for Brad and myself (and probably others) to be wrong aboutWayne's, for if he turns into a stud and others get back to their previous levels, should be a strong 2ndary, maybe they end up being stars in the Super Bowl ???

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6879
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 10:57:12 PM   
Zoilo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

There isnt a call in the NFL that can piss me off more than the illegal contact (automatic 1st down) call

Yes, that "lucky" call turned a 4th and 20+ into a first down. Without that call, the 49ers have 40 seconds and 3 time outs to get into FG range.

Z
Post #: 6880
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 11:00:32 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zoilo

quote:

Yes, that "lucky" call turned a 4th and 20+ into a first down. Without that call, the 49ers have 40 seconds and 3 time outs to get into FG range.

Ridiculous! You can always have that ace in the hole to pull out conveniently at your every whim. The ole 5 yard automatic first down!
Post #: 6881
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 11:04:18 PM   
Art

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I see Waynes as usually just a step late, the perfect pass beating him so often, reminds me of, what was his name .... Willie Teal ?

Well hopefully Waynes turns into the next Theilen. I would LOVE for Brad and myself (and probably others) to be wrong aboutWayne's, for if he turns into a stud and others get back to their previous levels, should be a strong 2ndary, maybe they end up being stars in the Super Bowl ???

No one is taking it that far Marty.
Stud status not required.
He's a solid CB. Makes some mistakes but holds his own, especially against the run.
He's nowhere near the devil Brad makes him out to be.

What happened?
Post #: 6882
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 11:07:59 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zoilo

quote:

Ridiculous! You can always have that ace in the hole to pull out conveniently at your every whim. The ole 5 yard automatic first down!

Yep. Just like holding. You can call it on every play. I hate to say it but you could call it on Rhodes 15 times a game. Not sure how they decide when to throw flag.
Post #: 6883
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 11:11:50 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

quote:

He's a solid CB. Makes some mistakes but holds his own, especially against the run.

This.

Bottom 5 CB? Loses all credibility with me

< Message edited by Pager -- 10/15/2018 11:15:23 PM >

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 6884
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 11:50:50 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

quote:

This.

Bottom 5 CB? Loses all credibility with me

I'd say the same thing, but when the credibility is already zero...
Post #: 6885
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2018 8:23:22 AM   
Phil Riewer

Waynes has his moments both ways. There were 4-5 games toward the end of the year that teams threw at Rhodes instead of Waynes as he was playing as high as level and has catchup speed.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6886
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2018 8:30:18 AM   
Brad H

quote:

I've got another that is starting to piss me off. Linemen get called routinely for hands to the face, especially defensive linemen. Why is it that running backs and wide receivers never get called for hands to the face when they push a guy in the facemask? It happens 3-4 times a game and never gets called.

Been saying that about the illegal contact rule for two years. If it's so flagrant to be an automatic first own, why is it only five yards? It's one of the worst rules in football and another attempt to make NFL football look like a video game. What really irritates me is that it more often that not happens on a third and long play.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/16/2018 8:37:16 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 6887
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2018 8:48:14 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Waynes has his moments both ways. There were 4-5 games toward the end of the year that teams threw at Rhodes instead of Waynes as he was playing as high as level and has catchup speed.

Problem is, his bad moments lead to six points. Corners are like refs, they are best when you never hear their names.

Post #: 6888
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2018 9:27:01 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Problem is, his bad moments lead to six points. Corners are like refs, they are best when you never hear their names.

They didn't give up passing TDs last year & this year he is finally healthy and they threw at Alexander instead of Waynes. When you have a top defense like last year....he was a reason for it.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6889
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2018 9:32:47 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

They didn't give up passing TDs last year & this year he is finally healthy and they threw at Alexander instead of Waynes. When you have a top defense like last year....he was a reason for it.

I openly admitted last year that he had improved as a tackler. Unfortunately, I've seen his cover skills regress again this year in a league that has become a video game.

Post #: 6890
Page:   <<   < prev  272 273 274 275 [276]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  272 273 274 275 [276]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode