Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/10/2018 8:09:34 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Packers week!!! We need to knock them Packers out of the sky and get to 2-0!!!

GO VIKES!!!

<--------------------------

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/10/2018 10:39:50 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Too bad the Bears didn't hold on to win that last night. and Rodgers missed a bit of the game with an ouchy knee.

Got to take it to those jackwagons at the oldest piece of shit stadium in the NFL. Hallowed ground my ass.

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 2
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/11/2018 1:25:36 PM   
Ragnarök

Its PUCKERS week!~ What the f--k happened to the TalkVikes I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest week of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to talk about Rodgers injury and the pack weekenesses, we might jinx something... Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Rodgers, he's a dead man! McCarthy, dead! Clayroid...
Post #: 3
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/11/2018 7:23:45 PM   
marty

That's the spirit !

I picked the Packers to win this game before the season began, but am now liking the Vikings' chances.

I like playing a good team (the Packers are, when Rodgers plays), coming off a narrow win. I also like it when the Vikes won the previous week, but there are a lot of mistakes they will see on film and want to correct.

Hopefully this leads to a kick @$$, dominant Viking's win.
Post #: 4
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 7:43:22 AM   
stfrank

Rodgers or no Rodgers, it doesn't matter. If we play our game we will leave Lambeau sitting atop the division with a 2-0 record and the chesseheads will be crying in their beer.
Post #: 5
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 9:15:29 AM   
David F.

The Vikes' D is too much for the Packers UNLESS the Packers can scheme a quick-hitting nickel-and-dime type of strategy that mixes in lots of misdirection in the running game (Barr fell for misdirection like my dogs following a treat in my hand last week). Assuming the Pack utilize this type of strategy, can Zimmer counter or will he continue to rush 4 and play a soft zone similar to the NFCCG? If Zimmer can adjust and manage the clock and the final four minutes of the half better than we saw in the week 1 then the Vikes will win by two scores. If not, get ready to hear about 'The Great Aaron Rodgers' and his latest come-from-behind miracle as an underdog at home.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 6
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 10:00:45 AM   
Todd M

quote:

Barr fell for misdirection like my dogs following a treat in my hand last week

They purposely schemed to run away from him. What is he supposed to do, not show discipline and freelance?

Existential midlife crisis mode engaged.
Post #: 7
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 10:48:49 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

Barr fell for misdirection like my dogs following a treat in my hand last week

They purposely schemed to run away from him. What is he supposed to do, not show discipline and freelance?

Watch the play where the 49er guy got hurt running into his own guy. Barr is right there in the picture in the dead center of the field unable to change direction to pursue the running back going to Barr's left after O-line all go to his right. He's literally stuck to his spot unable to change direction.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 8
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 10:50:41 AM   
lyle chabot

I believe the D will play better this week and not let tight ends run free and the line will get pressure on Rogers so he can't stand back and pick us apart. The O should play better as well I like our chances to win this game
Post #: 9
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 10:59:53 AM   
lyle chabot

Rogers has the Vikings games circled so we need to get him off his game with constant pressure
Post #: 10
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 11:08:39 AM   
David F.

This is a MUST WIN for Green Bay. Vegas is no longer taking bets. Speculation is that Rodgers has a torn MCL. He can get it repaired now and come back after the bye but will run into the Rams and the Patriots. Green Bay will essentially be pushing all their chips into the center of the table on Sunday.

Post #: 11
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 11:29:46 AM   
lyle chabot

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

This is a MUST WIN for Green Bay. Vegas is no longer taking bets. Speculation is that Rodgers has a torn MCL. He can get it repaired now and come back after the bye but will run into the Rams and the Patriots. Green Bay will essentially be pushing all their chips into the center of the table on Sunday.

Wow! That is huge! I wonder if he plays with the injury can it do more damage?
Post #: 12
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 11:45:17 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: lyle chabot

quote:

Not to the MCL. But, its not like he cant tear the knee up even more. But, more likely, becuz he's stationary, he could suffer another type of bodily injury.

If he does indeed have a torn MCL, as David has suggested, they need to sit him. Like for real. Theyre flirting with big time danger of their 140 million investment.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 13
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 11:55:50 AM   
lyle chabot

If Rogers misses 4 to 6 games that may have an impact on the packers making the playoffs
Post #: 14
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 11:56:55 AM   
lyle chabot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

Not to the MCL. But, its not like he cant tear the knee up even more. But, more likely, becuz he's stationary, he could suffer another type of bodily injury.

If he does indeed have a torn MCL, as David has suggested, they need to sit him. Like for real. Theyre flirting with big time danger of their 140 million investment.

Thanks for the information Ian!
Post #: 15
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 12:45:09 PM   
lyle chabot

I talked to my nephew who lives in Minnesota and he said Rogers is not practicing with the regulars he is practicing with the injured players for what it is worth
Post #: 16
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 12:50:45 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ummm I didn't say anything special; David gave way more information than I did.. but youre welcome lol.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 17
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 1:04:36 PM   
lyle chabot

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ummm I didn't say anything special; David gave way more information than I did.. but youre welcome lol.
I guess I should have said thanks for your input lol! No disrespect to David intended!

< Message edited by lyle chabot -- 9/12/2018 1:06:14 PM >
Post #: 18
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/12/2018 2:58:52 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I guess I should have said thanks for your input lol! No disrespect to David intended!

All I gave was speculation based on rumblings. Sources you ask? A huge gambler with his ear to the ground. (not me lol)

Post #: 19
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/13/2018 9:27:22 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

All I gave was speculation based on rumblings. Sources you ask? A huge gambler with his ear to the ground. (not me lol)

Does this huge gambler have a link about this?
Post #: 20
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/13/2018 9:39:25 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

Rogers has the Vikings games circled so we need to get him off his game with constant pressure

IDK I just watched the so-called experts say pretty much the opposite.

Saying that we need extra D-backs in the game, and keep Rodgers in the pocket? (Which is what we usually do)

Makes sense to me that Rodgers won’t be able to get through those gaps left by Griffen/Hunter when they pin their ears back off the edge.

Frustrates me when all they do is cover their gaps when they rush Rodgers like they usually do. Nobody gets off the ball quick.
Post #: 21
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/15/2018 10:34:39 AM   
joejitsu

IF aaron plays, and IF we knock him around early, we win this game without a problem. He seems to get rattled if he has to pick himself off the turf a lot. And, the pack defense looked slow and disorganized last week. Cousins, Cook, and the gang should have their way.
Post #: 22
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/16/2018 9:11:30 AM   
BigSky

Since going 0-5-1 against the Packers, the Vikings are 4-1 against Green Bay and have not given up more than 14 points in any of those victories.

adams being questionable with a shoulder injury peeked my curiosity, Rhodes needs to press and be physical at the line.

< Message edited by BigSky -- 9/16/2018 9:13:57 AM >

The Season of: 8 SECOND RIDE! We're going to stay on
that Bull till the VERY END!
Post #: 23
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/16/2018 11:17:40 AM   
stfrank

Fired up the tube and tuned in to Fox just in time for the Erin slobberfest.......
Post #: 24
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT - 9/16/2018 11:18:13 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Do we have the game day deactivations, yet?

Wait. I found it. https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-list-of-inactives-against-the-packers-on-sunday

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 9/16/2018 11:19:21 AM >

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> WEEK 2: @ Packers 9-16-18 12:00PM CT Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode