Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT Page: <<   < prev  24 25 26 [27] 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:42:58 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

Can Rudolf be any slower or any less shifty on his breaks..

I wish we had Kittle

Ebron would have been a huge upgrade and he was available for $6.75 mil.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 651
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:43:17 PM   
Viking Rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Richard Solomon.

Geoff, that is EXACTLY what I was saying over a month ago.

Denny was better off without Solomon, but still couldn't win it all. Zimmer might be similar, which is why I would consider Defilippo at HC, don't want to let him get away.

I remember when we let a YOUNG Mike Tomlin get away

He went on to win the Super Bowl

We kept Kick Ass Childress

History Shows Us That if a Head Coach Does Not Win a Super Bowl Within 5 Years of His Hire, He Never Will.

Mike Zimmer Just Completed Year Five...
Post #: 652
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:43:58 PM   
geoffrey greitzer

Growth great...but it's time for all of us to enjoy a SB win together
Post #: 653
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:44:07 PM   
Viking Rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

Can Rudolf be any slower or any less shifty on his breaks..

I wish we had Kittle

Ebron would have been a huge upgrade and he was available for $6.75 mil.

Yep

History Shows Us That if a Head Coach Does Not Win a Super Bowl Within 5 Years of His Hire, He Never Will.

Mike Zimmer Just Completed Year Five...
Post #: 654
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:44:13 PM   
marty

Tomlin and Billick.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 655
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:45:48 PM   
Phil Riewer

Wasn't Tomlin DC in Chilly's First or second year.....tough to fire Chilly that early.

Billick lucked into the Baltimore job. He is a very bad example.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 656
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:45:56 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteveR

This second half feels so inert to me. Maybe it is because I can hardly stay awake, but it's almost like the decision to take a knee at the end of the first half after the Theilen fumble was like the team punting the game.

Like I wonder if that decision deflates a team. Sorry guys, you can't be trusted to do anything with thirty seconds and two time-outs. The other team is too dangerous to risk playing a full game against. Let's just try to get out of here alive, collect our pay checks and get to the safety of the offseason.

How can a coach expect his players to go all out for him when he doesn't even trust them at the end of the half?

Still playing catch up to how the game is played today. Why is it taking Zimmer so long to catch up?

The end of the first half was ridiculous beyond belief, but also a reminder of who Zimmer is.

Yea, this isn't knew for Zimmer and it is obviously who he is. I think he is a solid defensive minded coach, but it appears he is not wired for offensive applications. History is full of coaches that make better coordinators than HC's. Perhaps Zim is one of those, not a knock on him, just an observation.

Way too many mistakes to beat a quality team, that is also becoming a trait for this staff (lack of discipline), and that isn't a good thing either!

I'm not a guy to run around calling for a coach to be fired or anything like that, but you have to look at the body of work and see if a guy is growing or not. Zimmer has a large body of work for the decision makers to assess, take a good hard look. Can he be the guy? So far, his teams have had a lot of games they simply weren't prepared to play, think Wade Phillips, great coordinator, not so much of a head coach.

13-10 about to go up 16 or 20-10 and the maybe League MVP fumbles and this is somehow not having our guys ready to play. We were outplaying them up until the fumble.

4th and 1 decision is what the naysayers have been clamoring for and it backfired. Still held them to FG. Then Diggs stops on crossing pattern and we want to blame that on Zimmer too.

Beat DET. Regroup and get everyone healthy and go on a run after bye.
Post #: 657
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:46:19 PM   
Dana Turner

In grading a coach, the wins and losses are just a part of the equation. I put more emphasis on the attitude and discipline of the team, how they execute, are they technically sound, do they understand game situations, awareness. Many good teams will have an occasional bad game, but the solidly coached teams don't do it often. The Vikings just don't play 60 minutes of sharp, disciplined football. That's on the coaching staff, it just is. They need to get better, but we've been saying that, the question is, can they?
Post #: 658
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:47:54 PM   
geoffrey greitzer

Zimmer has given himself an out with his eye
There will be no shame...he has turned the team around..
But it's time for the next chapter...
Post #: 659
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:48:31 PM   
JT2

I think it's fair to ask why the playcall on 4th and short. Empty backfield?
Post #: 660
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:48:34 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

In grading a coach, the wins and losses are just a part of the equation. I put more emphasis on the attitude and discipline of the team, how they execute, are they technically sound, do they understand game situations, awareness. Many good teams will have an occasional bad game, but the solidly coached teams don't do it often. The Vikings just don't play 60 minutes of sharp, disciplined football. That's on the coaching staff, it just is. They need to get better, but we've been saying that, the question is, can they?

Exactly Dana! People need to open their eyes. This team has talent but seems like it's always out of sync.
Post #: 661
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:48:39 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Guys playing with confidence are unlikely to fumble.

This was a big revenge match for NO, Diggs and Theilen were probably thinking too much about the miracle play and chasing 100 yard records.

It may well be NOs' season, one last hurrah for Brees.

Still think the Vikes could win it all as a wildcard, Cousins has the talent, just need to get hot mid November on.

You've outMartyed yourself on this one.
Post #: 662
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:49:46 PM   
JT2

The good news is we have the Lions next. Home of the real most overpaid QB in the league.
Post #: 663
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:50:02 PM   
ronhextall

Would the Zimmer backers agree if no Super Bowl in the Cousins contract it needs to be blown up.

Hate the idea of losing the Young OC to hang onto a defensive minded dinosaur.
Post #: 664
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:50:02 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

More than fair. DeFlip is the hot HC candidate. They need to ask him.
Post #: 665
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:51:37 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Maybe some of this is on Flip too?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 666
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:52:10 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Biggest difference in the 2 teams tonight was OLine and RBs. Everything else pretty even with Brees a slight edge.
Post #: 667
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:52:23 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This second half feels so inert to me. Maybe it is because I can hardly stay awake, but it's almost like the decision to take a knee at the end of the first half after the Theilen fumble was like the team punting the game.

Like I wonder if that decision deflates a team. Sorry guys, you can't be trusted to do anything with thirty seconds and two time-outs. The other team is too dangerous to risk playing a full game against. Let's just try to get out of here alive, collect our pay checks and get to the safety of the offseason.

How can a coach expect his players to go all out for him when he doesn't even trust them at the end of the half?

Still playing catch up to how the game is played today. Why is it taking Zimmer so long to catch up?

The end of the first half was ridiculous beyond belief, but also a reminder of who Zimmer is.

Yea, this isn't knew for Zimmer and it is obviously who he is. I think he is a solid defensive minded coach, but it appears he is not wired for offensive applications. History is full of coaches that make better coordinators than HC's. Perhaps Zim is one of those, not a knock on him, just an observation.

Way too many mistakes to beat a quality team, that is also becoming a trait for this staff (lack of discipline), and that isn't a good thing either!

I'm not a guy to run around calling for a coach to be fired or anything like that, but you have to look at the body of work and see if a guy is growing or not. Zimmer has a large body of work for the decision makers to assess, take a good hard look. Can he be the guy? So far, his teams have had a lot of games they simply weren't prepared to play, think Wade Phillips, great coordinator, not so much of a head coach.

13-10 about to go up 16 or 20-10 and the maybe League MVP fumbles and this is somehow not having our guys ready to play. We were outplaying them up until the fumble.

4th and 1 decision is what the naysayers have been clamoring for and it backfired. Still held them to FG. Then Diggs stops on crossing pattern and we want to blame that on Zimmer too.

It didn't backfire. It was the correct decision. Empty backfield and then going to Treadwell were mistakes. The FG could just as easily happened had we punted.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 668
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:52:23 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Would the Zimmer backers agree if no Super Bowl in the Cousins contract it needs to be blown up.

Hate the idea of losing the Young OC to hang onto a defensive minded dinosaur.

Even I wouldnt fire him for not reaching the Super Bowl. Shoot theres a good chance we dont make the playoffs.
Post #: 669
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:53:19 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Maybe some of this is on Flip too?

That's fair. I thought he called a really good first half. Not sure what that was.
Post #: 670
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:53:32 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

Absolutely. And Zimmer needs to be asked about taking a knee to end the first half. Zimmer and Flip both need to be asked about their hurry-up, long huddle, QB sneak offense.

Obviously the turnovers hurt, but we lost the TO battle by 1, that's hardly insurmountable.
Zimmer showed no confidence in our offense by taking that knee. I guarantee the players hated it.
Post #: 671
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:54:43 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

Biggest difference in the 2 teams tonight was OLine and RBs. Everything else pretty even with Brees a slight edge.

So you're ok with our defense being just even with the Saints? We have put a ton into it. I would like to see a bunch more from that side.
Post #: 672
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:55:11 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No Mark, that isn't the point I am trying to make. I didn't reference AT's fumble, I make reference to the way too many mental mistakes this team is making. That is about being prepared. The Saints committed a turnover, but they played a much more disciplined game, you have to see that. Again, I'm just looking at the body of work, Zimmer is a fine defensive coordinator, just not so sure he inspires the team to play to a higher level.

You are right, the season isn't over and we just got beat by one of the best teams in the league. We can win enough games to make the playoffs, I'm just wondering if we have the balls to step out there an play when it's on the line, haven't seen much of that in the past few years.
Post #: 673
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:58:37 PM   
hrerikl

1. I liked the confidence Zimmer showed in the offense on the 4th down down decisions.
2. I hated not trying to make something happen before the half. You could at least try a shot deep along the sidelines, you might get a PI . Instruct your WRs to OPI rather than give up the int. Cousin's throws such a nice Deep ball, I don't like the message of not trying something.
3. I can't fathom how you can look at Diggs or Thielen today and think they weren't playing with confidence.
4. The final TD drive was nice, but it took too much time.
5. We were going to need an onside kick needing two more scores. It was not a horrible decision to try it when it wasn't expected rather than when NO would know we were attempting it. If it works, and you score, then you can kickoff and try to stop them.
6. Adam Thielen will have the possibility of breaking Calvin Johnson's consecutive 100 yard game record against Detroit next week.

< Message edited by hrerikl -- 10/28/2018 11:05:13 PM >
Post #: 674
RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT - 10/28/2018 10:58:43 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Absolutely. And Zimmer needs to be asked about taking a knee to end the first half. Zimmer and Flip both need to be asked about their hurry-up, long huddle, QB sneak offense.

Obviously the turnovers hurt, but we lost the TO battle by 1, that's hardly insurmountable.
Zimmer showed no confidence in our offense by taking that knee. I guarantee the players hated it.

C'Mon. Our TOs were 13, possibly 21 point swings. Saying it just a normal -1 is very disingenuous.
Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 26 [27] 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 8: vs Saints 10-28-18 7:20PM CT Page: <<   < prev  24 25 26 [27] 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode