Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2019

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Free Agency 2019 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/7/2018 9:37:17 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Schoop. The classic blueprint Twins signing. Had an outlier career year two years ago. Has stunk since. But Twins assume he will regain that form and replicate the career year in perpetuity

He just played hurt last year. When healthy he is a Top 5 second baseman. I'm willing to roll the dice that he's healthy.

A couple "quote of the day" entries in there

Post #: 76
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/7/2018 9:41:05 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Schoop. The classic blueprint Twins signing. Had an outlier career year two years ago. Has stunk since. But Twins assume he will regain that form and replicate the career year in perpetuity

Still pretty young and has Dozier power....wonder what Dozier wanted for a contract......plus he is 4-5 years younger than Dozier.

Like I said, he had Dozier power...for one year.

Simply not true. On a per AB basis Schoop has shown a lot of power every year.

Tim, you've turned into a bit of a Falvey-Levine nuthugger, haven't you?

--------------------------
---------
--
Post #: 77
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/7/2018 9:42:50 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Still pretty young and has Dozier power....wonder what Dozier wanted for a contract......plus he is 4-5 years younger than Dozier.

As long as there's some Dozier-bashing involved, he's on board
Post #: 78
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/7/2018 9:53:46 AM   
MDK

Cards just traded for Goldschmidt for essentially one year. I'm ok with one year contracts.

However, the Cards will try to sign Goldschmidt to a multi year deal before he becomes a free agent next winter. And if he costs too much, they will let him go. They were smart enough to let Albert Pujols go.

If Schoop has a decent season, a one year deal won't make any sense if the Twins don't try to sign him to a multi-year deal.

As the Preacher in Blazing Saddles said applies to the Twins' Front Office,

Oh Lord! Do we have the strength to pull off this mighty task in one night...or are we just jerking off?

The Mauer era is over. The Mauer haters are happy. The Mauer lovers are sad. And those in the middle........Que Será, Será

MARA!!!!! Buy your rakes now and get to work.
Post #: 79
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/7/2018 10:03:47 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

Cards just traded for Goldschmidt for essentially one year. I'm ok with one year contracts.

However, the Cards will try to sign Goldschmidt to a multi year deal before he becomes a free agent next winter. And if he costs too much, they will let him go. They were smart enough to let Albert Pujols go.

If Schoop has a decent season, a one year deal won't make any sense if the Twins don't try to sign him to a multi-year deal.

Oh Lord! Do we have the strength to pull off this mighty task in one night...or are we just jerking off?

I see it as the Twins making a one-year run in 2019. Because by 2020 the White Sox and the next wave of Indians prospects will be up and contributing, and this will be a very difficult division to win. The Indians are susceptible this season, and the Twins are the closest competition.

---------
--
Post #: 80
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/7/2018 10:21:40 AM   
McMurfy

quote:

quote:

I see it as the Twins making a one-year run in 2019. Because by 2020 the White Sox and the next wave of Indians prospects will be up and contributing, and this will be a very difficult division to win. The Indians are susceptible this season, and the Twins are the closest competition.

But, according to your same likely source.......

Buxton and Sano will be full blown SuperStars in 2020 and so will be Lewis Thorpe.
Which leads us to our next batch of full blown SuperStars in 2021, Lewis and Kiriloff.

There’s just so much Superstarring in the AL Central Division, I can’t stand up.

But reality says, we’re all chasing New York and Boston.
Like always.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 81
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/7/2018 11:02:54 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Who said anything about Falvine? I was talking strictly about Schoop and his Dozier power. Compliments to both Schoop and Dozier. Absolutely nothing about Falvine.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 82
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/7/2018 11:06:19 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Who said anything about Falvine? I was talking strictly about Schoop and his Dozier power. Compliments to both Schoop and Dozier. Absolutely nothing about Falvine.

Twins signed Schoop and you like his power. It's for only $7 million. That's a compliment to Falvine.

---------
--
Post #: 83
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/7/2018 11:54:35 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

That inevitable White Sox revival?
That's still coming?
I swear we've heard about the group they're waiting on, since I was a young man.
It ain't happenin man.
Post #: 84
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/7/2018 1:12:04 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

That inevitable White Sox revival?
That's still coming?
I swear we've heard about the group they're waiting on, since I was a young man.
It ain't happenin man.

As soon as any of them are actually worth a shit, the White Sox will trade them for prospects.

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynahan and Alan Page
Post #: 85
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/7/2018 4:48:54 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Twins signed Schoop and you like his power. It's for only $7 million. That's a compliment to Falvine.

I'll have to take your word for it being $7M. I didn't even say to sign him, just that he has power.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 86
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/8/2018 6:59:34 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'll have to take your word for it being $7M. I didn't even say to sign him, just that he has power.

Schoop is without question a power hitting second baseman. Anybody claiming different is simply denying reality. Seems like a very good fit on a reasonable contract.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 87
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/10/2018 8:21:36 AM   
twinsfan

How about Charilie Morton as a target for the Twins? He's getting up there in age at 35, but he can still strike guys out and would probably become our next best starter after Berrios. The biggest question mark with Morton is health, but it seems like he only ends up on the DL once per season. Not too bad.

---------
--
Post #: 88
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/11/2018 7:14:45 PM   
twinsfan

Nelson Cruz is down to Twins snd Rays according to Jon Morosi.

---------
--
Post #: 89
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/12/2018 12:40:23 PM   
twinsfan

The Twins have interest in free-agent pitchers Yusei Kikuchi, Andrew Miller and Cody Allen, La Velle E. Neal III of the Star Tribune reports. They’re unlikely to “make a serious bid” for Kikuchi, though, Neal writes. As for the two relievers, the Twins are more interested in Allen than Miller, whose injury issues have led to some concern from Minnesota, per Neal. Twins chief baseball officer Derek Falvey was in the Indians’ front office in 2016 when Allen and Miller formed one of the most dominant late-game tandems in baseball. Now, both Allen and Miller are coming off underwhelming seasons in Cleveland.

I wonder if Allen and Miller have anything left in the tank?

---------
--
Post #: 90
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/12/2018 12:41:57 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

The Twins have interest in free-agent pitchers Yusei Kikuchi, Andrew Miller and Cody Allen, La Velle E. Neal III of the Star Tribune reports. They’re unlikely to “make a serious bid” for Kikuchi, though, Neal writes. As for the two relievers, the Twins are more interested in Allen than Miller, whose injury issues have led to some concern from Minnesota, per Neal. Twins chief baseball officer Derek Falvey was in the Indians’ front office in 2016 when Allen and Miller formed one of the most dominant late-game tandems in baseball. Now, both Allen and Miller are coming off underwhelming seasons in Cleveland.

I wonder if Allen and Miller have anything left in the tank?

I'd actually be willing to take a look at them
So I guess I'm a "hoper" too.
But damn, Miller was awesome for awhile
Post #: 91
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/12/2018 3:12:59 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

Didn't Cruz come up as a rookie during the Reagon administration?

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 92
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/13/2018 8:15:33 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

Didn't Cruz come up as a rookie during the Reagon administration?

I actually read it too, and thought ... "Is this Nelson Cruz's kid?"
Post #: 93
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/13/2018 8:34:58 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

How about Charilie Morton as a target for the Twins? He's getting up there in age at 35, but he can still strike guys out and would probably become our next best starter after Berrios. The biggest question mark with Morton is health, but it seems like he only ends up on the DL once per season. Not too bad.

Charlie Morton is off the table....he signed with some other team.

---------
--
Post #: 94
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/13/2018 8:44:05 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Our parent team, and southern affiliate, the Rays.
Post #: 95
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/13/2018 4:07:26 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

Excellent! Now the Twins can get him when he's 38!!

“Terrible thing to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.”
Post #: 96
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/14/2018 6:04:10 AM   
Phil Riewer

Twins kicking on Kevin Herrera.....28 year old reliever from KC a couple years ago.....broke his foot in august for Nats.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 97
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/14/2018 6:06:19 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

Excellent! Now the Twins can get him when he's 38!!

He was dominant last year.. Astros are another team that doesn't make too many mistakes but if the Rays are signing him.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 98
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/17/2018 2:11:23 PM   
CPAMAN

This Twins FO doesn't do much in November and December.

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 99
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/17/2018 2:13:28 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

This Twins FO doesn't do much in November and December.

As some like to say in here ... be patient.
Oh, and ..... no fear, the Twins spend PLENTY of money.
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Free Agency 2019 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode