Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2019

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Free Agency 2019 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/17/2018 2:38:50 PM   
TJSweens

Ryan wouldn't spend it. Their brief history shows that Falvine are willing to spend it on the wrong players.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it.
Post #: 101
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/17/2018 10:04:57 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

This Twins FO doesn't do much in November and December.

Very little action by many teams.....Signing Schoop, Cron, and Torres probable puts us in top 5 in transactions during those months.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 102
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/24/2018 9:38:59 AM   
twinsfan

The Twins have interest in free-agent reliever Kelvin Herrera, La Velle E. Neal III of the Star Tribune reports. The club knows Herrera well from his days with division-rival Kansas City, where he pitched from 2011 until the Royals traded him to Washington last June. The hard-throwing 28-year-old didn’t perform well with the Nats, though, and then saw his season end in late August on account of a torn Lisfranc ligament in his left foot. However, Herrera’s progressing in his recovery from that injury.

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 103
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/24/2018 10:20:53 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

The Twins have interest in free-agent reliever Kelvin Herrera, La Velle E. Neal III of the Star Tribune reports. The club knows Herrera well from his days with division-rival Kansas City, where he pitched from 2011 until the Royals traded him to Washington last June. The hard-throwing 28-year-old didn’t perform well with the Nats, though, and then saw his season end in late August on account of a torn Lisfranc ligament in his left foot. However, Herrera’s progressing in his recovery from that injury.

Apparently they got out and kicked the tires on some Japanese pitcher too, was posted on Twins Daily.

“Terrible thing to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.”
Post #: 104
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/24/2018 10:43:57 AM   
Phil Riewer

Apparently kicking the tires won't be enough for him...he really wants to go to San Fran.

Post #: 105
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/24/2018 10:44:38 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Apparently kicking the tires won't be enough for him...he really wants to go to San Fran.

Of course

Who wants to come to freezing cold MN and have to play in the snow??

“Terrible thing to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.”
Post #: 106
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/24/2018 5:36:38 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

Apparently they got out and kicked the tires on some Japanese pitcher too, was posted on Twins Daily.

Twins love rehabbing pitchers and will pay an entire season of rehab salary for one season of "hopeful" quality pitching. The Twins also like to throw money at Japanese players no matter the circumstances.

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 107
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/24/2018 7:40:15 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Twins love rehabbing pitchers and will pay an entire season of rehab salary for one season of "hopeful" quality pitching. The Twins also like to throw money at Japanese players no matter the circumstances.

Both valid strategies.

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 108
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/25/2018 3:39:44 PM   
twinsfan

Kazuto Yamazaki of Baseball Prospectus suggests that a “wave” of Nippon Professional Baseball talent could make its way to MLB next year, and lists their names in a tweet. Left-handed-hitting outfielder Shogo Akiyama is reportedly set for international free agency, while Takahiro Norimoto, Yoshitomo Tsutsugo, and Ryosuke Kikuchi are all probable candidates to be made available through NPB’s posting system. Japan, of course, as produced plenty of high-end MLB talent in recent seasons, including Masahiro Tanaka and Shohei Ohtani. Yusei Kikuchi, who was just posted earlier this month, is the NPB’s most interesting player to make the jump to MLB this winter.

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 109
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/25/2018 3:41:11 PM   
twinsfan

What the heck is going on with Brian Dozier? I haven't heard a peep about him on the free agent market.

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 110
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/25/2018 3:46:02 PM   
twinsfan

This is all I got on Dozier from MLBTradeRumors:

Statcast suggests Dozier didn’t deserve better than his offensive production, as his paltry expected weighted on-base average (.288) actually fell short of his real wOBA (.304). Dozier also earned negative marks in the field, with minus-8 Defensive Runs Saved and a minus-6.4 Ultimate Zone Rating. In all, the 2018 version of Dozier was worth less than a win above replacement at FanGraphs.

He will be a good buy-low candidate for a team. At the beginning of the free agency cycle, it was predicted Dozier would sign a short-term deal with the Nats. We shall see. Seems like a good fit for him.

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 111
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/25/2018 8:15:37 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Both valid strategies.

Yeah, both proven to have remarkable results.

Post #: 112
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/25/2018 8:16:29 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

What the heck is going on with Brian Dozier? I haven't heard a peep about him on the free agent market.

He is considered a done player.

Post #: 113
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/26/2018 10:45:22 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Both valid strategies.

Yeah, both proven to have remarkable results.

We don't know how Pineda will fare this season.

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 114
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/26/2018 12:00:22 PM   
TJSweens

Amazing how the Twins love doing things like paying a season of rehab when they have only done it once.
Amazing how the Twins love doing things like throwing money at Japanese players when they have only done it once.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it.
Post #: 115
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/26/2018 1:33:55 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Amazing how the Twins love doing things like paying a season of rehab when they have only done it once.
Amazing how the Twins love doing things like throwing money at Japanese players when they have only done it once.

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 116
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/27/2018 9:41:23 AM   
Phil Riewer

Nelson Cruz....1 year 14 million to the Twins. 300k buyout in 2nd year or another 14 million for 2020

Post #: 117
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/27/2018 9:43:06 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Nelson Cruz....1 year 14 million to the Twins. 300k buyout in 2nd year or another 14 million for 2020

"lizabeth ........ I'm comin to join ya!!!!"

Post #: 118
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/27/2018 9:47:37 AM  1 votes
twinsfan

Woot woot!!!

I called it. I called it!!!!!!

YES!!! I love Nelson Cruz!!

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 119
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/27/2018 9:48:17 AM   
Phil Riewer

Pretty reasonable----Twins Daily is all fired up.

Post #: 120
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/27/2018 9:49:28 AM   
Phil Riewer

Cruz, Cron, and Schoop....pretty good offseason for bats.....need some arms now.

Post #: 121
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/27/2018 9:52:10 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Oh Boy Oh Boy. We really needed a Designated Hitter type since Cron and Austin can't handle it. And we have no one in the minors that fits that profile, or an oft injured 3B wanna be that is best suited to play DH or 1B.

Not that I don't like an aging PED using cheater on my roster, but still.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. Please let me know when Cruz will be available to pitch out of the bullpen. Cause that shit needs help.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 122
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/27/2018 9:53:01 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

On Japan, you are correct., but then they shifted to Korea, and that worked out oh so well too.

Asian Scouting is garbage.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 123
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/27/2018 9:55:22 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Oh Boy Oh Boy. We really needed a Designated Hitter type since Cron and Austin can't handle it. And we have no one in the minors that fits that profile, or an oft injured 3B wanna be that is best suited to play DH or 1B.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. Please let me know when Cruz will be available to pitch out of the bullpen. Cause that shit needs help.

So against lefties we can have Sano, Cron, and Cruz plus Austin in RF.....Doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

Post #: 124
RE: Free Agency 2019 - 12/27/2018 9:57:13 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

So against lefties we can have Sano, Cron, and Cruz plus Austin in RF.....Doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

It is for me considering none of them should be in the OF, one shouldn't be at 3B. all should either be 1B or DH.

Cruz isn't a bad player to have, he just filled a need we didn't have.

Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Free Agency 2019 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode