Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT Page: <<   < prev  20 21 22 [23] 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/18/2018 10:43:52 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

I wish we could see some up tempo when the game is close. Seems like Cousins gets into good grooves using hurry up.

Has Zimmer neutered DeFlip or is he overrated?

Some many opportunities early to play action pass after good running plays with the Bears selling out against the run, but we want time consuming drives I guess.

Of course if Cousins hits wide open Diggs, the play calling would look alot better.
Post #: 551
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/18/2018 10:45:48 PM   
marty

Cousins connects with Diggs for the early TD, and it's a different ball game.

I still think Murray should be the primary RB, he is a little bigger blocker, can still catch passes.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 552
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/18/2018 10:46:49 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I still think Murray should be the primary RB, he is a little bigger blocker, can still catch passes.

Agreed! Cook should be relegated to a change of pace back. He sure seems to fumble a lot.
Post #: 553
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/18/2018 10:49:40 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

I blame:

Zimmer's obsession with the F****** run. I don't want 50 passes from CK but the entire first half it was running into the teeth of their legit D. I guess the good news, we don't have to worry about losing Flip this offseason.
Cousins. Missed the wide open Digss. Cost us 7. Stared down Treadwell (why the *uck is he still get so much PT?). Pick 6. There's 15 points.
Defensive Personal Foul penalties.
Rhodes. Where has your game gone? Get beat by a TE on a fade route on the 2pt conv? FFS! You also had a wide open pick 6.

Anybody still think the line can be schemed around? Or want a draft redo?

What is Smith supposed to do when Trubisky has been breaking tackles all night and then he goes into a half ass sideways slide?

I'm interested in why Wilson got the unsportmanslike for a hand wave and WR Miller went into convulsions and that is OK.

And no. The refs had nothing to do with getting outplayed and outcoached in mostly all phases.
Post #: 554
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/18/2018 10:53:43 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Don’t understand how the OL can be ignored constantly by Speilman.

It's hard to look cool when you are picking oline guys. Trading picks for depth is much more glamorous.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this post.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 555
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/18/2018 10:55:28 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Don’t understand how the OL can be ignored constantly by Speilman.

It's hard to look cool when you are picking oline guys. Trading picks for depth is much more glamorous.

Remember. Those aren't picks. They are currency.
Post #: 556
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/18/2018 10:56:06 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I blame:

Zimmer's obsession with the F****** run. I don't want 50 passes from CK but the entire first half it was running into the teeth of their legit D. I guess the good news, we don't have to worry about losing Flip this offseason.
Cousins. Missed the wide open Digss. Cost us 7. Stared down Treadwell (why the *uck is he still get so much PT?). Pick 6. There's 15 points.
Rhodes. Where has your game gone? Get beat by a TE on a fade route on the 2pt conv? FFS! You also had a wide open pick 6.

What is Smith supposed to do when Trubisky has been breaking tackles all night and then he goes into a half ass sideways slide?

I'm interested in why Wilson got the unsportmanslike for a hand wave and WR Miller went into convulsions and that is OK.

And no. The refs had nothing to do with getting outplayed and outcoached in mostly all phases.

Not hit him. He was giving himself up. No brainer. Cost us 3 points and more importantly time. Smith will own it because he knows he messed up and he's a professional. It's a point of emphasis. Head first or feet first, sideways, butt first, do not hit the QB.

Didn't blame the refs at all. Thought they called a pretty good game other than maybe the Wilson play (have to hear their explanation).

< Message edited by Pager -- 11/18/2018 10:57:16 PM >

Post #: 557
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/18/2018 10:59:28 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

Agreed! Cook should be relegated to a change of pace back. He sure seems to fumble a lot.

Murray wouldn't have done any better, sans fumble. Running into the teeth of that defense killed the offense. Murray doesn't change that.

Post #: 558
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/18/2018 11:00:18 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

I blame:

Not hit him. He was giving himself up. No brainer. Cost us 3 points and more importantly time. Smith will own it because he knows he messed up and he's a professional. It's a point of emphasis. Head first or feet first, sideways, butt first, do not hit the QB.

Didn't blame the refs at all. Thought they called a pretty good game other than maybe the Wilson play (have to hear their explanation).

Maybe I'm wrong but don't you have to slide feet first to give yourself up?
Post #: 559
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/18/2018 11:05:36 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Murray wouldn't have done any better, sans fumble. Running into the teeth of that defense killed the offense. Murray doesn't change that.

Not going to argue that! I doubt he fumbles though.
Post #: 560
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 12:12:35 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

The main problem I have with our current coaching staff is that they seem to think that we can just overpower you with our guys, we can get the 6 inches by running a standard play handi g off to opur RD 5 yards deep in ou backfield, as opposed to just gouing with tyhe qb sneak.
Post #: 561
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 12:19:08 AM   
Rob Viking

Ugh just another game at Soldier.

Couple of misses early on the overthrow to Diggs and the ensuing fumble on that drive were big. The Bears O ran out of plays by the 4th but we were trailing all game so we couldn't get them out of their comfort zone and then 15 yarder against Harri basically sealed it. They'll always call that but it was still soft you could see Smith let up.

Thought the biggest miss was Rhodes who really should have had that pick 6 that would have made it 14-12 pending the 2 pointer. Next play was Kirk's pick 6.
Post #: 562
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 12:19:22 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I blame:

The whole ****ing slide rule is ****ed up. A QB can launch himself for whatever his broad jump distance is and dont worry about getting hit, on top of which they give you the entire forward distance that they slide to. It's ****iong ridiculous and frankl;y one of those things that are pushing me aweay from the game.
Post #: 563
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 12:21:27 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

Ugh just another game at Soldier.

Couple of misses early on the overthrow to Diggs and the ensuing fumble on that drive were big. The Bears O ran out of plays by the 4th but we were trailing all game so we couldn't get them out of their comfort zone and then 15 yarder against Harri basically sealed it. They'll always call that but it was still soft you could see Smith let up.

Thought the biggest miss was Rhodes who really should have had that pick 6 that would have made it 14-12 pending the 2 pointer. Next play was Kirk's pick 6.

There was a bunch of things for sure
Post #: 564
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 12:24:47 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

The main problem I have with our current coaching staff is that they seem to think that we can just overpower you with our guys, we can get the 6 inches by running a standard play handi g off to opur RD 5 yards deep in ou backfield, as opposed to just gouing with tyhe qb sneak.

The OLine was overmatched, thought it was going to be a big problem and it stayed true tonight. How many times did we see Reiff, Compton and Eiflein on their asses. Mack was dominant but Hicks was the player of the game.
Post #: 565
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 12:29:03 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I blame:

The whole ****ing slide rule is ****ed up. A QB can launch himself for whatever his broad jump distance is and dont worry about getting hit, on top of which they give you the entire forward distance that they slide to. It's ****iong ridiculous and frankl;y one of those things that are pushing me aweay from the game.

Ridiculous, Trubisky as weak of a QB he is, is a very good runner. Smith could have let up but his instinct is to stop the runner, even Trubisky knew he let up.
Post #: 566
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 12:31:11 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

quote:

I blame:

Absolutely that was excessive. Looked like he was chewing through a salad bowl of porridge, wtf was that.
Post #: 567
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 12:36:43 AM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I blame:

Not anymore. Head first or feet first, QB is now/still protected.

Post #: 568
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 6:54:21 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

What do you whiners get out of this? You start at the beginning of every game and reach crescendo when the Vikings start going bad. I know you're about to jizz at this point, but wipe your hands off and tell us why you come into this forum.

Losers like you and Dan Young can start your own forum.

I will gladly stand in with Dan, who has come from his own dark side to be an asset to this forum. I'm fine, night is not ruined, disappointed but moving on. Whatever it is you've got going on in here is just weird. Annoying as fukk, but mostly just weird that this is what gets you off.

Kudos, tonight should fill your spank bank for the whole week.

Nope, I hate it when the Vikings lose as well. Something's amiss with this team. They were not prepared AGAIN to play an important game.

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 569
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 8:04:56 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I blame:

Downfield?

You would just have to try to touch him down at the goal line and hope you touched him before ball crosses plane.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 11/19/2018 8:07:16 AM >
Post #: 570
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 8:52:12 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

OL pass blocked well in many instances.

The problem was mostly poor play by Cousins, many poor decisions and poor throws, and they needed a few better play calls from Defelippo.

I can see things coming together year 2, provided the Vikes can keep Defillipo a 2nd year.

This is the Saints year, next year can be the Vikes season, after everyone has given up on Kirk, he can rise from the ashes and lead the Vikes to a Super Bowl win.

Really?

This offense is bad. If it weren't for Diggs/Theilen we'd be terrible.

Zero innovation, zero misdirection, Flippo should be replaced today.

MLB---Choose well and Championships will follow
Post #: 571
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 9:17:32 AM   
marty

I just felt like they were a little behind the 8 ball all night.

I thought if they got to halftime, they would adjust after the half to Trubisky either dumping it off to Cohen, or Trubisky running for the 1st down, force him to pass.

That is what they did in the 2nd half, but it should have been done in the 2nd quarter. Take one of those Bear time consuming drives away, and instead of the Bears getting a FG, the Vikes get an INT and momentum.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 572
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 9:21:55 AM   
marty

I feel like Cousins has the ability physically, mentally I am not sure.

Maybe his mind will never be quick enough, so it might take Sloter to take this team to the top.

But Kirk might be able to do it, if he can make his mind up quicker, speed things up. The hurry up offense helps, more rollouts and or shotguns would also help, along with better OL play.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 573
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 9:49:12 AM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I blame:

Downfield?

You would just have to try to touch him down at the goal line and hope you touched him before ball crosses plane.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2018-rules-changes-and-points-of-emphasis/

A quarterback does not have to slide feet first to be considered to be giving himself up. Regardless whether the slide is feet first or head first, as long as he gives himself up, he should receive the protections afforded to him as a player in a defenseless posture.

Post #: 574
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 1:13:10 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

OL pass blocked well in many instances.

The problem was mostly poor play by Cousins, many poor decisions and poor throws, and they needed a few better play calls from Defelippo.

I can see things coming together year 2, provided the Vikes can keep Defillipo a 2nd year.

This is the Saints year, next year can be the Vikes season, after everyone has given up on Kirk, he can rise from the ashes and lead the Vikes to a Super Bowl win.

Really?

This offense is bad. If it weren't for Diggs/Theilen we'd be terrible.

Zero innovation, zero misdirection, Flippo should be replaced today.

I agree. I think the play calling is the worst I have ever seen with this team especially given the talent at WR.

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 22 [23] 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT Page: <<   < prev  20 21 22 [23] 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode