Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT Page: <<   < prev  20 21 22 23 [24]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 1:15:01 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I blame:

Zimmer's obsession with the F****** run. I don't want 50 passes from CK but the entire first half it was running into the teeth of their legit D. I guess the good news, we don't have to worry about losing Flip this offseason.
Cousins. Missed the wide open Digss. Cost us 7. Stared down Treadwell (why the *uck is he still get so much PT?). Pick 6. There's 15 points.
Defensive Personal Foul penalties.
Rhodes. Where has your game gone? Get beat by a TE on a fade route on the 2pt conv? FFS! You also had a wide open pick 6.

Anybody still think the line can be schemed around? Or want a draft redo?

What is Smith supposed to do when Trubisky has been breaking tackles all night and then he goes into a half ass sideways slide?

I'm interested in why Wilson got the unsportmanslike for a hand wave and WR Miller went into convulsions and that is OK.

And no. The refs had nothing to do with getting outplayed and outcoached in mostly all phases.

Not hit him. He was giving himself up. No brainer. Cost us 3 points and more importantly time. Smith will own it because he knows he messed up and he's a professional. It's a point of emphasis. Head first or feet first, sideways, butt first, do not hit the QB.

Didn't blame the refs at all. Thought they called a pretty good game other than maybe the Wilson play (have to hear their explanation).

Maybe I'm wrong but don't you have to slide feet first to give yourself up?

Not anymore. Head first or feet first, QB is now/still protected.

Downfield?

You would just have to try to touch him down at the goal line and hope you touched him before ball crosses plane.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2018-rules-changes-and-points-of-emphasis/

A quarterback does not have to slide feet first to be considered to be giving himself up. Regardless whether the slide is feet first or head first, as long as he gives himself up, he should receive the protections afforded to him as a player in a defenseless posture.

This is a slippery slope for a running QB. When he is running for yardage nine times in ten, how can a defender truly know when he is taking a dive?

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 576
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 3:08:40 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I blame:

Zimmer's obsession with the F****** run. I don't want 50 passes from CK but the entire first half it was running into the teeth of their legit D. I guess the good news, we don't have to worry about losing Flip this offseason.
Cousins. Missed the wide open Digss. Cost us 7. Stared down Treadwell (why the *uck is he still get so much PT?). Pick 6. There's 15 points.
Defensive Personal Foul penalties.
Rhodes. Where has your game gone? Get beat by a TE on a fade route on the 2pt conv? FFS! You also had a wide open pick 6.

Anybody still think the line can be schemed around? Or want a draft redo?

What is Smith supposed to do when Trubisky has been breaking tackles all night and then he goes into a half ass sideways slide?

I'm interested in why Wilson got the unsportmanslike for a hand wave and WR Miller went into convulsions and that is OK.

And no. The refs had nothing to do with getting outplayed and outcoached in mostly all phases.

Not hit him. He was giving himself up. No brainer. Cost us 3 points and more importantly time. Smith will own it because he knows he messed up and he's a professional. It's a point of emphasis. Head first or feet first, sideways, butt first, do not hit the QB.

Didn't blame the refs at all. Thought they called a pretty good game other than maybe the Wilson play (have to hear their explanation).

Maybe I'm wrong but don't you have to slide feet first to give yourself up?

Not anymore. Head first or feet first, QB is now/still protected.

Downfield?

You would just have to try to touch him down at the goal line and hope you touched him before ball crosses plane.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2018-rules-changes-and-points-of-emphasis/

A quarterback does not have to slide feet first to be considered to be giving himself up. Regardless whether the slide is feet first or head first, as long as he gives himself up, he should receive the protections afforded to him as a player in a defenseless posture.

This is a slippery slope for a running QB. When he is running for yardage nine times in ten, how can a defender truly know when he is taking a dive?

That's why a smart team would run more designed QB bootlegs.

--------------------------
---------
--
Post #: 577
RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT - 11/19/2018 3:45:58 PM   
TJSweens

Roll outs and bootlegs is the system that Shannahan had Cousins playing before. It plays to his strengths better than Flip's system.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 578
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 22 23 [24]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 11: @ Bears 11-18-18 7:20PM CT Page: <<   < prev  20 21 22 23 [24]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode