Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  102 103 [104] 105 106   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 2:51:53 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

JUST DROP IT! Trump and Pelosi will reach an accord before you guys do.

I'm 100% done.

I'm not.

Someone is telling me what I believe.

I find that comically insulting and ridiculous at the same time.

I do too, but I really don't care enough about his opinion of me to continue on.
Post #: 2576
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 2:55:24 PM   
Trekgeekscott

sd

< Message edited by Trekgeekscott -- 1/17/2019 3:03:17 PM >

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2577
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 2:57:35 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

JUST DROP IT! Trump and Pelosi will reach an accord before you guys do.

I'm 100% done.

I'm not.

Someone is telling me what I believe.

I find that comically insulting and ridiculous at the same time.

I do too, but I really don't care enough about his opinion of me to continue on.

Look I can be a pretty stubborn ass sometimes, but when you are completely disrespectful of another poster as you were it's easy not to care about their opinion. Perhaps you should consider that in future interactions.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2578
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 2:57:41 PM   
Trekgeekscott

sd

< Message edited by Trekgeekscott -- 1/17/2019 3:02:47 PM >

Post #: 2579
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 3:00:15 PM  3 votes
Trekgeekscott

I will say that I am sorry for the vitriol on here today.

I was insulted and didn't take it well. I apologize to all the other posters including Pager and DL.

It's sad one can't have a conversation on here without someone being an insulting jerk And I admit I went too far. But others did too.

Peace.

Post #: 2580
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 3:02:37 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

You believe that I think Flip is better than Reich despite my posting history on Reich and the fact that I said I don't?

You can't make this s*** up.

Whatthefuckever.

I can believe whateverthefuck that I want.

How about this. you believe what you want to believe. i will believe what I want to believe and we'll just leave it at that?

Do you think I'm lying?

Do you know me better than I know myself?

I am amazed you are so dug in.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2581
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 3:06:35 PM   
Pager

Time for me to unplug.

I'm sorry for taking over the thread for what, literally, is nonsense.

Post #: 2582
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 3:12:40 PM   
Phil Riewer

DeFillipo and Stefanski may both be very good head coaches some day....I love that Kubiak is advising Stefanski. Jags should get an advisor for Flip.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2583
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 3:13:35 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

You believe that I think Flip is better than Reich despite my posting history on Reich and the fact that I said I don't?

You can't make this s*** up.

Whatthefuckever.

I can believe whateverthefuck that I want.

How about this. you believe what you want to believe. i will believe what I want to believe and we'll just leave it at that?

Do you think I'm lying?

Do you know me better than I know myself?

I am amazed you are so dug in.

I posted a public apology and you follow it up with more shit.

who's more dug in?

Post #: 2584
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 4:38:10 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

It's good if Zimmer knows his limitations. He has always brought in former head coaches to help him with the offense, starting with Norv. I like that about him. He delegates authority. That's what successful managers do who are not bound by their egos. It's the same with special teams. I don't believe he was too proactive with the special teams. Releasing our rookie kicker might have been Zimmer, though.

Yes it’s good that he brings in seasoned people. But he does seem to have a short fuse with his people when things go a bit awry.

My memory is a bit sketchy, but didn't Norv just quit because he didn't get along with Pat Shurmur? Maybe I'm wrong. Who else has Zimmer cut ties with a short fuse?

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2585
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 4:52:24 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

I was insulted and didn't take it well. I apologize to all the other posters including Pager and DL.

It's sad one can't have a conversation on here without someone being an insulting jerk And I admit I went too far. But others did too.

Peace.

You guys are all good posters. I appreciate you all.

Elflein had a tough sophomore year and I don't believe he was 100%. Still, good centers can be found in the mid rounds. I wanted Daniels last year. One option is for Elflein to switch to guard if we find a really good center in the draft. say in the third round. It might be good insurance in case Elflein doesn't come back to his rookie year form. I don't have the inside information on Elflein.

Also, I'm wondering if we make a scheme change on the line again next year. It may depend on who the offensive line coach is what he can bring to the team. Being that we are bringing former Denver Broncos coaches to the offense, my hunch is that we will stick with the zone blocking scheme, though. Maybe it's good to see some continuity. Every year there is a new offensive line coach and there are wholesale changes in personnel. With that in mind, I really do hope Elflein returns to form. That will help if there are three starters returning to their same positions.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2586
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 5:08:37 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Kiper's take on how we will address the offensive line in the first round. His suggestion is that the Vikings will take the last offensive lineman in him mock draft of the first round. In other words, if he is gone, then they will need to select another position.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/1/17/18187124/minnesota-vikings-offensive-line-mel-kiper-mock-draft-2019-nfl-draft?fbclid=IwAR2Mf6qg8tXQEo2R2aEmTYcEBEArIy_ZHF_AO6wA9NncBr410mYU1zq6h48

Sorry. Maybe this should have been posted in a draft thread.

Post #: 2587
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 5:17:21 PM   
Tom Sykes

Mark Craig
‏Verified account @markcraignfl
Jan 16

Mark Craig Retweeted Access Vikings

In 22 years as an NFL OC or head coach, Kubiak’s teams have run the ball 47 percent of the time. That’s plenty enough to saddle up alongside Zimmer.
Post #: 2588
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 5:41:38 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's good if Zimmer knows his limitations. He has always brought in former head coaches to help him with the offense, starting with Norv. I like that about him. He delegates authority. That's what successful managers do who are not bound by their egos. It's the same with special teams. I don't believe he was too proactive with the special teams. Releasing our rookie kicker might have been Zimmer, though.

Yes it’s good that he brings in seasoned people. But he does seem to have a short fuse with his people when things go a bit awry.

My memory is a bit sketchy, but didn't Norv just quit because he didn't get along with Pat Shurmur? Maybe I'm wrong. Who else has Zimmer cut ties with a short fuse?

If there has ever been a reason given for why Norv quit I haven't heard it.
Post #: 2589
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 6:31:22 PM   
Todd M

I pretend to know but I don't know.

I'm not entirely unconvinced our record wouldn't have been better if Flip coached us the entire year.
Post #: 2590
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 6:32:13 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I pretend to know but I don't know.

I'm not entirely unconvinced our record wouldn't have been better if Flip coached us the entire year.

I've considered that possibility as well.
Post #: 2591
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 6:33:37 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

If there has ever been a reason given for why Norv quit I haven't heard it.

No there hasn't. doubt we'll ever find out.

I think he and Zim must have had a bit of a falling out. Bradford was just aquired and being he had worked with Shurmur he more or less took over the offense and I'm sure Norval was butt hurt.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2592
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 7:43:15 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

Peace.

Elflein had a tough sophomore year and I don't believe he was 100%. Still, good centers can be found in the mid rounds. I wanted Daniels last year. One option is for Elflein to switch to guard if we find a really good center in the draft. say in the third round. It might be good insurance in case Elflein doesn't come back to his rookie year form. I don't have the inside information on Elflein.

Also, I'm wondering if we make a scheme change on the line again next year. It may depend on who the offensive line coach is what he can bring to the team. Being that we are bringing former Denver Broncos coaches to the offense, my hunch is that we will stick with the zone blocking scheme, though. Maybe it's good to see some continuity. Every year there is a new offensive line coach and there are wholesale changes in personnel. With that in mind, I really do hope Elflein returns to form. That will help if there are three starters returning to their same positions.

Good post Bruce. Free Agency is also deeper at the center position. Guard drops off pretty rapidly after Saffold, while centers seems to have more upgrade type options. Getting a veteran stud at center might do more for the guard positions than anything. Then you have more flexibility with the draft. If the right guy falls to you at 18, scoop him up. But you don't have to reach. Have Easton, Elflien, and rookie competing for 2 spots.

I'd be talking with Elf already, see if he's open to it.

Post #: 2593
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 7:50:32 PM   
Pager

quote:

Kiper's take on how we will address the offensive line in the first round. His suggestion is that the Vikings will take the last offensive lineman in him mock draft of the first round. In other words, if he is gone, then they will need to select another position.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/1/17/18187124/minnesota-vikings-offensive-line-mel-kiper-mock-draft-2019-nfl-draft?fbclid=IwAR2Mf6qg8tXQEo2R2aEmTYcEBEArIy_ZHF_AO6wA9NncBr410mYU1zq6h48

Sorry. Maybe this should have been posted in a draft thread.

The surprising thing is Ford going 7th overall. Easily the highest I've seen so far. Yes I know, very early.

I don't think moving Reif inside is a viable option. Too many question marks with that (and residual trauma from the last time we tried it) for a season this important to the team.

Post #: 2594
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 8:05:45 PM   
Ricky J

A reply to the tweet:

Larry Lunder @LarryLunder
Replying to @VikeFans @athielen19

I tried to bid on it but dropped my phone before I could complete the bid.

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 1/17/2019 8:08:27 PM >
Post #: 2595
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 8:35:48 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

A reply to the tweet:

Larry Lunder @LarryLunder
Replying to @VikeFans @athielen19

I tried to bid on it but dropped my phone before I could complete the bid.

A better answer would have been "I tried to bid on it but my internet connection dropped before I could complete the bid."
Post #: 2596
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 10:04:58 PM   
Viking Rich

Coach Moss???

That would be Sweet!

www.dailynorseman.com/2019/1/17/18187658/coach-randy-moss-wide-receiver-coach-minnesota-vikings

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 2597
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/17/2019 10:24:25 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

Peace.

Good post Bruce. Free Agency is also deeper at the center position. Guard drops off pretty rapidly after Saffold, while centers seems to have more upgrade type options. Getting a veteran stud at center might do more for the guard positions than anything. Then you have more flexibility with the draft. If the right guy falls to you at 18, scoop him up. But you don't have to reach. Have Easton, Elflien, and rookie competing for 2 spots.

After the draft Elf said his preference was Guard, so, I bet he'd be more than happy to move over
unless he's changed his mind since then.
Post #: 2598
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/18/2019 6:38:13 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

Peace.

After the draft Elf said his preference was Guard, so, I bet he'd be more than happy to move over
unless he's changed his mind since then.

Even if he's not open to it, tough luck, he played like crap at center. Then again, the Vikings didn't bench their crap offensive lineman this season, so if he were to insist he remain at center, he'd probably continue on as the starting center.
Post #: 2599
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/18/2019 6:42:52 AM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

Peace.

I'm not sure I'd count on much from Easton. He wasn't that good to begin with, and the recent experience is it takes a long while for o-lineman to regain their form after season ending injuries. John Sullivan, Fusco, and Elflein, for example.
Post #: 2600
Page:   <<   < prev  102 103 [104] 105 106   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  102 103 [104] 105 106   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode