Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 12:28:08 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

According to this site Sherels was in on defense for 20 snaps. Kearse had 2 and Iloka had 1. STUPID! Agree...The Iloka signing has been a head-scratcher.

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/snap-counts/defensive-players-snap-counts

Seems like we have a lot of head scratchers.
Post #: 276
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 12:29:03 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

According to this site Sherels was in on defense for 20 snaps. Kearse had 2 and Iloka had 1. STUPID! Agree...The Iloka signing has been a head-scratcher.

Especially when Kearse had some success playing CB earlier this year.

I really would like to hear why Zimmer doesn't see him worthy to be on the field more.
Post #: 277
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 12:40:01 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Especially when Kearse had some success playing CB earlier this year.

I really would like to hear why Zimmer doesn't see him worthy to be on the field more.

Zimmer seems to have that "old man, afraid of change thing" going on.

Do you think there is any chance Sendejo wouldn't be starting if he wasn't hurt?
Post #: 278
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 2:21:22 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

I didn't notice them as much last year. I guess its just the magnifying glass of losing, but they sure seem to be increasing in number over time.

Although the prospect of Zim investing more time in the offense seems preposterous ... I am interested to see what Edwards can bring ... who knows, maybe a fresh take or some clarity to a defense stifled by over-analysis.
Post #: 279
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 3:23:46 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

I probably missed it somewhere .. but did Iloka fall off a cliff?
I anticipated that pickup helping us a great deal.
He's been the Invisible man, hasn't he?
I realize getting jettisoned from a mess like the Bengals was a red flag, but we've seen a lot of red flags work out in the past.

Maybe Zimmer put him on the Anthony-Harris-Patented-Four-Year-Development-Plan (AHPFYDP).

Or maybe Anthony Harris is completely outplaying him in practice in every way shape and form.

And Senjejo must have been outplaying Harris too huh? I'd rather have seen Iloka on the field than Sherels.

Well Iloka is a S and Sherels a CB so...

Not sure if that would work. If Sherels in on the field there is a problem. He's behind every other CB on the depth chart except Craig James now.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 280
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 4:29:17 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

I didn't notice them as much last year. I guess its just the magnifying glass of losing, but they sure seem to be increasing in number over time.

Although the prospect of Zim investing more time in the offense seems preposterous ... I am interested to see what Edwards can bring ... who knows, maybe a fresh take or some clarity to a defense stifled by over-analysis.

If memory serves the one game Zim didn't coach (eye issue back in 2016 season) the defense performed excellent with Edwards calling the schemes.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 281
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 4:39:42 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The winning suggestion, of course, will be to eliminate the punt entirely and allow teams to opt to give up fourth down in exchange for moving the other team back 40 yards. Everybody wins except fans! Again!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/04/nfl-considering-changes-to-punt-plays/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 282
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 4:51:31 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Sorry I'm not connecting or contributing to the conversation lately. Sometimes it's better to say nothing at all. Suffice to say that I'm not pleased with the way the season has progressed, but I still have my hopes.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 283
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 5:03:29 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

If memory serves the one game Zim didn't coach (eye issue back in 2016 season) the defense performed excellent with Edwards calling the schemes.

Yup. That was the game where Preiffer was the acting HC as well.

Oddly, our clock management and overall decision making was quite good that game...
Post #: 284
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 5:43:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Regarding all the short passes vs the Pats.... well Brady's NextGen stats show a similar pattern. It's what happened after the catch that mattered. We'd catch the ball almost flat-footed and a defender or two would immediately make the tackle. They would get a guy in space and he'd be off to the races.

Their passes were nothing spectacular but were certainly of the new age variety. Our D however, was about 5 years behind the times.

Our passes ended up being akin to last-ditch checkdowns. It's like DeFilippo only worked through about 60% of the play.
Post #: 285
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 5:47:32 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Oh, and you CAN run against the Vikings. Right. Up. The. Middle.
Post #: 286
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 5:58:48 PM   
Bill Johanesen

These guys must go:

Priefer. Although it looks like Dallas knew Bailey was done what's up with Carlson. And as mentioned, drafting a K for a team with designs on a SB is not smart.

Barr, he being tied for 229th or whatever in tackles.

Sendejo, for cap and different NFL era reasons.

Remmers. Doesn't appear to be good at anything.

At least one of the TEs to make room for AT LEAST a turn of the century guy. Hell, Green signed Byron Chamberlain.

Treadwell of course.

Gedeon.
Post #: 287
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 6:13:08 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Basketball changed with the Warriors.

Football has been changing with the rules, and this year KC officially stamped the change as 'Complete'.

How many of the head coaches of contenders were brought up on the offensive side of the ball. McVay, Reid, Payton, others?

Agree Bill. It sucks but it is what it is. We hired Zimmer about 2 years too early. Meaning, the game has changed so quickly he was simply a bad hire. It's not his fault and I loved the hire at the time. He is stuck in the past and doesn't look like he'll change.

Lets be honest here. As bad as the O was yesterday, and they were terrible at times, we tied it up. What happened after was a wash/rinse/repeat. The big money/draft has been spent on D and they let Brady walk down the field like those moving walkways at the airport. There was no resistance what so ever. Anytime we really need this D they get shredded. Did we beat up on the hapless Lions, yes.

We dominate shitty offenses. We get shredded when we need them most. it's a common problem with this team since Zimmer took over.

To be fair to the D, on that drive we had 3 #1 pick CB's on the sidelines and Marcus Sherels in the game. I agree with your overall point though, they don't come through often enough against top teams. Zimmer did not create enough pressure on Brady. Brady did through the INT one of the few times the Blitz pressured him.

Part of our problem seems to be we can only function with extremely high pick CBs. Other teams develop CBs; we spend a high pick, break them down, make them relearn the position, and then either sign them to huge contracts or let them go because they don't get it.

We all have to admit, there are zero teams out there that have five starting DB's on the roster. No, what you saw there was a poor job of adjusting the defense to the situation. The tough guy mentality of "everyone gets paid, go out and do your job" has stupid in this situation. If we weren't going to blitz or pressure Brady, we needed to make sure there were enough DB types on the field. You could have replaced Barr in the first quarter and nobody would have known he wasn't in the game. We need to come up with a better scheme to defend the Patriots during the week, like the Titans did.

Sorry, but this is getting a little ridiculous and I don't mean the posting. I'm talking about the way our team is coached. Look at the roster, tell me why we continue to show up to games acting like we had the week off, like we will figure it out as we go along. I know that doesn't happen, I know the coaches coach during the week, this is exactly what I am talking about, what the hell are they coaching, why are we being out-coached nearly every week. I don't see the Seattle game as a hope for something great, I see it as another opportunity for a better coaching staff to out-coach us, it's frustrating.

I apologize for ranting, those of you that have known me over the past twenty odd years I've been posting on these threads, know that I am usually a lot more reserved in my comments. But ever since we hired Zimmer I have seen the same thing happening to this team, a team with a ton of talent on the roster just under-achieves. Put it this way, the Patriots have been on top of the NFL pile for a long time, they have never had a team with as much talent as the Vikings do, only difference would be a HOF QB, but the rest of the teams personnel, not even close. The Vikings put together a championship roster and look like a team waiting for something to happen. It's the coaching philosophy, Billicek (SP) coaches his guys differently, the lunch pale guys he gets all come in and just do their job. Our guys look lethargic out there. Sure a couple guys always shine, but the rest just talk good in interviews, hell, I don't even think they believe the crap they are shoveling.

What a waist of a good roster. I heard a guy ranting about the Vikings the other day, the said they were frauds,.....strong word, but not far off. 54 years following only one team in the NFL, you'd thing I'd be used to the pain by now {:~).
Post #: 288
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 7:29:22 PM   
Ricky J

Luke Inman @Luke_Spinman
Patriots opening drive..1st play: Barr has INT whiz by arms.. Brady takes advantage of extra opportunities follows up with CONSECUTIVE chunk plays of 13, 18, 24, 15, 15 before a 1YD TD.. Credit to great game plan/play calling and execution..

I swear I haven't heard Barr's named called since he's been back.

Wait ... I"m watching the games on mute

- but still
Post #: 289
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 8:19:45 PM   
Ragnarök

So Ive dug in and read and watched far more on Defilippo than I ever wanted... Still get why he was such a intriguing hire...

Problem is that in putting together the ingredients there was an oversight in if they would be compatible... Its obvious that in some ways Zimm has a short leash on Flip and might be impacting the true schemes and play we expected. As well there is also good chance that Kirk Cousins being a true pocket passer is not the style of QB that best fits all of what has made Flip and his schemes so intriguing in the first place. He does much better with more mobil QBs that scramble and can make game changing plays while rolling out or under duress. That is not Kirks strong point. The OL we have also would have benefitted from such a QB...

So... We are married to Kirk for better or worse another 2 more years... Zimm also got an extension last year... Maybe Flip gets a HC job for like Green Bay and leaves, which would be great because he is not meshing with our players strengths and scheming that matches his own philosophies. Likely he would be a great fit for Aaron and that skill set unfortunately...

That said... The two biggest glaring needs for next year will be a new OC that better fits our QB style and of course MORE O line overhaul and influx of talent...

Any suggestions here on who would be a better OC candidate to work with Kirk and get the most out of his strengths behind a potentially better O Line?
Post #: 290
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 8:26:22 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Basketball changed with the Warriors.

Football has been changing with the rules, and this year KC officially stamped the change as 'Complete'.

How many of the head coaches of contenders were brought up on the offensive side of the ball. McVay, Reid, Payton, others?

Agree Bill. It sucks but it is what it is. We hired Zimmer about 2 years too early. Meaning, the game has changed so quickly he was simply a bad hire. It's not his fault and I loved the hire at the time. He is stuck in the past and doesn't look like he'll change.

Lets be honest here. As bad as the O was yesterday, and they were terrible at times, we tied it up. What happened after was a wash/rinse/repeat. The big money/draft has been spent on D and they let Brady walk down the field like those moving walkways at the airport. There was no resistance what so ever. Anytime we really need this D they get shredded. Did we beat up on the hapless Lions, yes.

We dominate shitty offenses. We get shredded when we need them most. it's a common problem with this team since Zimmer took over.

To be fair to the D, on that drive we had 3 #1 pick CB's on the sidelines and Marcus Sherels in the game. I agree with your overall point though, they don't come through often enough against top teams. Zimmer did not create enough pressure on Brady. Brady did through the INT one of the few times the Blitz pressured him.

Part of our problem seems to be we can only function with extremely high pick CBs. Other teams develop CBs; we spend a high pick, break them down, make them relearn the position, and then either sign them to huge contracts or let them go because they don't get it.

We all have to admit, there are zero teams out there that have five starting DB's on the roster. No, what you saw there was a poor job of adjusting the defense to the situation. The tough guy mentality of "everyone gets paid, go out and do your job" has stupid in this situation. If we weren't going to blitz or pressure Brady, we needed to make sure there were enough DB types on the field. You could have replaced Barr in the first quarter and nobody would have known he wasn't in the game. We need to come up with a better scheme to defend the Patriots during the week, like the Titans did.

Sorry, but this is getting a little ridiculous and I don't mean the posting. I'm talking about the way our team is coached. Look at the roster, tell me why we continue to show up to games acting like we had the week off, like we will figure it out as we go along. I know that doesn't happen, I know the coaches coach during the week, this is exactly what I am talking about, what the hell are they coaching, why are we being out-coached nearly every week. I don't see the Seattle game as a hope for something great, I see it as another opportunity for a better coaching staff to out-coach us, it's frustrating.

I apologize for ranting, those of you that have known me over the past twenty odd years I've been posting on these threads, know that I am usually a lot more reserved in my comments. But ever since we hired Zimmer I have seen the same thing happening to this team, a team with a ton of talent on the roster just under-achieves. Put it this way, the Patriots have been on top of the NFL pile for a long time, they have never had a team with as much talent as the Vikings do, only difference would be a HOF QB, but the rest of the teams personnel, not even close. The Vikings put together a championship roster and look like a team waiting for something to happen. It's the coaching philosophy, Billicek (SP) coaches his guys differently, the lunch pale guys he gets all come in and just do their job. Our guys look lethargic out there. Sure a couple guys always shine, but the rest just talk good in interviews, hell, I don't even think they believe the crap they are shoveling.

What a waist of a good roster. I heard a guy ranting about the Vikings the other day, the said they were frauds,.....strong word, but not far off. 54 years following only one team in the NFL, you'd thing I'd be used to the pain by now {:~).

Great post Dana! It's getting old seeing the same crap and just knowing what's going to happen.

I think last year will go down as the huge outlier. Other than that freak year what has Zimmer done?

This roster has much more talent than the 2009 Vikings roster ever dreamed of! What are we getting for it?

I'm just not seeing any kind of good coach in Zimmer. I see an outlier of a season last year with a bunch of mediocre ones elsewhere.

Bottom line is I cant see us ever getting anywhere with this guy.
Post #: 291
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 8:41:16 PM   
Ragnarök

Last year as a huge outlier seems fitting... Zimm totally lucked into the backup QB that happened to perfectly fit behind a bad OL and gifted wide receivers that could make huge plays on contested balls thrown up there... Case had a season in which he played out of his mind and far exceeded his real overall skill set... It just all came together with everyone having fun... We dont see that this year... In Fact Zimm should be wishing for that horse shoe he constantly chided Case for having to be able to give to Cousins!

We are getting for more Horse Shit than Horse Shoe this year and its Zimm that is much to blame as well as coaching in all three phases of our game.

I dont think last year was because of Zimm as a coach and I look no further than the D output this year to say that results are continuing to deminish... But I see the Wilfs riding the horse that is Zimm and his extended contract another two years along with the GM and Cousins, its kind of a package deal at this point...
Post #: 292
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 9:04:27 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

So Ive dug in and read and watched far more on Defilippo than I ever wanted... Still get why he was such a intriguing hire...

Problem is that in putting together the ingredients there was an oversight in if they would be compatible... Its obvious that in some ways Zimm has a short leash on Flip and might be impacting the true schemes and play we expected. As well there is also good chance that Kirk Cousins being a true pocket passer is not the style of QB that best fits all of what has made Flip and his schemes so intriguing in the first place. He does much better with more mobil QBs that scramble and can make game changing plays while rolling out or under duress. That is not Kirks strong point. The OL we have also would have benefitted from such a QB...

So... We are married to Kirk for better or worse another 2 more years... Zimm also got an extension last year... Maybe Flip gets a HC job for like Green Bay and leaves, which would be great because he is not meshing with our players strengths and scheming that matches his own philosophies. Likely he would be a great fit for Aaron and that skill set unfortunately...

That said... The two biggest glaring needs for next year will be a new OC that better fits our QB style and of course MORE O line overhaul and influx of talent...

Any suggestions here on who would be a better OC candidate to work with Kirk and get the most out of his strengths behind a potentially better O Line?

Is Foles more mobile QB than Cousins? Cousins, I believe in Washington, was pretty good on designed rollouts, moving the pocket, etc. Zimmer said he talked to Cousins to scramble more.

I honestly don't know where the disconnect is. I loved the Flip hire. Hearing him talk football, what I understood as his contributions to the Eagles winning the Superbowl, all made me excited about his as our OC. My only concern was he'd be here for 1 yr. I loved the Cousins signing. Go listen to his previous OCs in Kyle Shanahan and McVay. I consider Shanahan and McVay in the top echelon of offensive minds and they both RAVE about Cousins. When they traded and signed for Jiimmy G, 49ers GM said Shanahan was in mourning. McVay, was warned about tampering when he responded too enthusiastically when asked about Cousins. I put far more stock in that than any stat/pundit/or fans opinion. Zimmer has won 2 division titles and is competing for a third. With a carousal at QB, pretty unbelievable Several Qbs have had career years here (like Keenum and Bradford) before moving on and not performing as well.

What's the real reason why we can't put up points? I have no f****** idea. Are each of the three great individually but terrible in combination???? If we correctly fix one (ie - new OC) does this recipe finally come together? Or do we let them marinate this offseason and see if we capture magic?

I have no idea. The only constant I know, the oline is an albatross and has destroyed two of the last three years. I felt like someone kicked me in the stomach after pick 30(I was at a draft party) when we pass on interior line. Then have been told to go shut the f*** up multiple times here. And I love Hughes and Oneil. We are in win now and we did not address the interior oline in the offseason. Compton and Remmers do not count.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I have no clue.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 293
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 9:43:29 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

Last year as a huge outlier seems fitting... Zimm totally lucked into the backup QB that happened to perfectly fit behind a bad OL and gifted wide receivers that could make huge plays on contested balls thrown up there... Case had a season in which he played out of his mind and far exceeded his real overall skill set... It just all came together with everyone having fun... We dont see that this year... In Fact Zimm should be wishing for that horse shoe he constantly chided Case for having to be able to give to Cousins!

We are getting for more Horse Shit than Horse Shoe this year and its Zimm that is much to blame as well as coaching in all three phases of our game.

I dont think last year was because of Zimm as a coach and I look no further than the D output this year to say that results are continuing to deminish... But I see the Wilfs riding the horse that is Zimm and his extended contract another two years along with the GM and Cousins, its kind of a package deal at this point...

Last year we played a 3rd place schedule. We won some games because we got some pretty good breaks, really, a lot of those games were close and could have gone either way. They went our way and we went to the playoffs where we commenced to getting out-coach six of the eight quarters.

This year we are playing a first place schedule, which means we are playing the first place teams from last year. Now we are playing the better coaching staffs, staffs that have seen what we do, have game planned for us and know how to beat us. The Patriots did virtually the same thing on offense we did in that game, the difference, their defense was in position to stop our players without much yardage, our guys were nowhere near their receivers most of the time. This after seeing reams of film of the Patriots doing the same thing to team after team this year. WTF, I coached high school football and could figure that out. What did we do all week. You really mean to tell me that our coaches looked at our depleted DB's and didn't think of devising a plan should another guy go down, really? You just trot out the fifth string guy and expect the same scheme to work, that's just bullshit. Could any reporter ask Zim directly about this, he'd get that same disinterested Zimmer that doesn't like anyone to challenge his way of thinking. UGH, there I go again, damn.
Post #: 294
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 10:30:38 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

Is Foles more mobile QB than Cousins? Cousins, I believe in Washington, was pretty good on designed rollouts, moving the pocket, etc. Zimmer said he talked to Cousins to scramble more.

I honestly don't know where the disconnect is. I loved the Flip hire. Hearing him talk football, what I understood as his contributions to the Eagles winning the Superbowl, all made me excited about his as our OC. My only concern was he'd be here for 1 yr. I loved the Cousins signing. Go listen to his previous OCs in Kyle Shanahan and McVay. I consider Shanahan and McVay in the top echelon of offensive minds and they both RAVE about Cousins. When they traded and signed for Jiimmy G, 49ers GM said Shanahan was in mourning. McVay, was warned about tampering when he responded too enthusiastically when asked about Cousins. I put far more stock in that than any stat/pundit/or fans opinion. Zimmer has won 2 division titles and is competing for a third. With a carousal at QB, pretty unbelievable Several Qbs have had career years here (like Keenum and Bradford) before moving on and not performing as well.

What's the real reason why we can't put up points? I have no f****** idea. Are each of the three great individually but terrible in combination???? If we correctly fix one (ie - new OC) does this recipe finally come together? Or do we let them marinate this offseason and see if we capture magic?

I have no idea. The only constant I know, the oline is an albatross and has destroyed two of the last three years. I felt like someone kicked me in the stomach after pick 30(I was at a draft party) when we pass on interior line. Then have been told to go shut the f*** up multiple times here. And I love Hughes and Oneil. We are in win now and we did not address the interior oline in the offseason. Compton and Remmers do not count.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I have no clue.

With you on all of this. I'm thinking that like the monthly employment reports the government puts out, where the most important part might be the revision of previous reports, it may be advisable to re-evaluate how good we actually were last year vs what our record ended up being. Not that we weren't good; we just may not have been as good as we seemed.
Post #: 295
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 11:18:40 PM   
Pager

Revised employment numbers is a good analogy. We beat a very good saints team last year, miracle or not. We dominated them the first half. That's not a fluke, I consider the blocked punt and pick just as flukey. We marched on the Eagles, scoring a TD, then forced a three and out. Shit hit the fan and it all unraveled from there. I still say a two or three play swing in the first half and we own them.

I believe what I see and I see an extremely talented team. Nevermind all those that put our roster near the top pre and during the season. We see impressive flashes of it this year. First half against Saints. Most of the game against the Rams. We went toe to toe with them on the road/short week. When guys are in position they make plays especially on defense. When we get the ball to our playmakers: Diggs/Thielan/Cook, our offense hums.

I still believe we have as much talent as anyone. Coaches and Cousins have to do more to translate that talent to wins.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 296
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2018 11:25:20 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Revised employment numbers is a good analogy. We beat a very good saints team last year, miracle or not. We dominated them the first half. That's not a fluke, I consider the blocked punt and pick just as flukey. We marched on the Eagles, scoring a TD, then forced a three and out. Shit hit the fan and it all unraveled from there. I still say a two or three play swing in the first half and we own them.

I believe what I see and I see an extremely talented team. Nevermind all those that put our roster near the top pre and during the season. We see impressive flashes of it this year. First half against Saints. Most of the game against the Rams. We went toe to toe with them on the road/short week. When guys are in position they make plays especially on defense. When we get the ball to our playmakers: Diggs/Thielan/Cook, our offense hums.

I still believe we have as much talent as anyone. Coaches and Cousins have to do more to translate that talent to wins.

I keep thinking/hoping, "It's the O-line. That's it."

But doubts creep in about all the rest....
Post #: 297
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2018 12:05:34 AM   
Chris Olson

taking a moment out of my frustration...

not even sure how I came across this video...

some of you have probably seen this, but thought it was worth a post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eERB19x5adU
Post #: 298
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2018 6:55:43 AM   
Bill Jandro

I noticed Barr simply floating around covering nobody. WTH is he doing spying on Brady in case this speed demon takes off!

Not having Kearse in the game made little to no sense when the game started. Let alone later after Wanyes got injured.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 299
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/5/2018 8:58:06 AM   
ronhextall

They lost their edge or urgency they had last year IMO.

Perhaps this year is a hangover.

What I know is they haven’t beat a team yet with a winning record. Philly is going to make a run at that last playoff spot if the Vikings don’t start getting their act together.
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode