Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  127 128 [129] 130 131   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 11:28:37 AM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Dude, stop yelling.

Yelling is all CAPS

bold denotes its not my verbiage but from an article written on another site...

Its just plain funny to see you guys contort and twist to explain away that it was NOT Kirk Cousins poor play that was a huge contributing factor in outcome of 2018...

Just like it was never Christian Ponder and his play, it was the whole team... coaching, weather, cost living, oh yeah, and his getting married doomed him for sure...

Bold is to draw emphasis to a key part of a text. Italics is to denote it's from another source.

Thank you David for pointing that out, I will fix my usage in future...
Post #: 3201
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 11:34:03 AM  1 votes
Todd M

WHAT!?
Post #: 3202
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 11:38:50 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

http://vikingsterritory.com/2019/uncategorized/dr-david-chao-nick-easton-should-be-100-healthy-for-2019-season

To paraphrase World War Z ...

"How we do we know they're coming?"

"They're coming."

(Zombies, aka Reiff Easton Elflein Remmers O'Neill)

Wine and dine and do what we do and settle one piece in FA...why shouldn't we believe in their ability to do that? If there is one thing the Wilf's and Spielman have done is seek out and land some sweet pieces. So we do that and Spiels can get a feel for the draft and know if he can trade down and still get a nice OL with our 1st pick. That's a lot of fixing with many many stabs at other guys that are available/shake loose.

I truly think we will. This regime – during the Zim years – IMO has been fairly proactive. I expect changes ... big changes have already occured ... I expect more.

I simply post the most blah scenario to feebly balance out the posters who feel stockpiling vast numbers of high priced FAs and early round draft picks is the only answer.
Post #: 3203
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 11:40:58 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dude, stop yelling.

What choice does he have. The tired argument is drowned out by all the snoring.

Yep, the same tired argument that Kirk brought with him from Washington... they have been writing that same stuff about him being a stats monster but not being clutch, a winner or a team leader for years... its not new...

Hope you guys enjoy snoring through 2 more years... Guess sleeping is better than watching a game like last seasons Buffalo or Chicago finale...

You guys act like I made up the narrative and m only one saying these awful things about Kirk...

Try some of these on for size...

https://www.google.com/search?q=kirk+cousins+choker&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS625US625&oq=kirk+cousins+choker&aqs=chrome..69i57.6173j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Louder please ...
Post #: 3204
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 11:56:39 AM  1 votes
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Dude, stop yelling.

Yelling is all CAPS

Its just plain funny to see you guys contort and twist to explain away that it was NOT Kirk Cousins poor play that was a huge contributing factor in outcome of 2018...

Just like it was never Christian Ponder and his play, it was the whole team... coaching, weather, cost living, oh yeah, and his getting married doomed him for sure...

And now you're changing the debate. You put out a post solely focused on Cousins' record against top defenses and top teams. As if to say its' all on him. I pointed out that it's not all on him. Now you're also saying it's not all on him, but part of it is on him, which is what I was saying in the first place. You also accuse me of saying Cousins didn't contribute to the problem, which I never said. I'm guessing that how Christian Ponder factors into anything is probably a mystery to just about everybody. I don't ever recall much in the line of Ponder support in this forum.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3205
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 12:02:23 PM   
Ragnarök

Ok, so here is some good break down of Cousins play... It also gives blame to OL but shows what we all saw game after last year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI2RwPMlFn8
Post #: 3206
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 12:07:30 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dude, stop yelling.

Yelling is all CAPS

And now you're changing the debate. You put out a post solely focused on Cousins' record against top defenses and top teams. As if to say its' all on him. I pointed out that it's not all on him. Now you're also saying it's not all on him, but part of it is on him, which is what I was saying in the first place. You also accuse me of saying Cousins didn't contribute to the problem, which I never said. I'm guessing that how Christian Ponder factors into anything is probably a mystery to just about everybody. I don't ever recall much in the line of Ponder support in this forum.

Sorry if I made you feel like there was an accusation pointed toward you... That's one thing I dont come here for, Im not looking for personal debates, attacks or thinking I have to win an argument and prove a point personally with any of you here...

I simply like venting on an OPINION board about what I see my team, THE VIKINGS doing with team I love... Frustration gets the better of us all... I get that... I also get that such frustrations has directly resulted in running off some of the best posters this board has seen...

Dont take everything so serious from me... Im just another frustrated fan...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/18/2019 12:08:54 PM >
Post #: 3207
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 12:14:28 PM   
Ragnarök

just trying the italics instead of bold on for size here...

Many of the greatest players of all time are considered to be “clutch” performers. These are athletes who deliver some of their most memorable games in high-pressure moments. On the other hand, there are other players who seem to get worse on larger stages. These players “choke” under pressure. Kirk Cousins, quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings, is one of those players.

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2018/12/15/kirk-cousins-proof-choking-in-sports/

In the end, Cousins has a lot of the same physical tools as Brady. He puts up similar numbers as Brady many Sunday mornings and afternoons. But, when Cousins gets into match ups where the stakes are high, he can’t hang. This is why Cousins and the rest of the Vikings will be sitting at home while Brady and the Patriots enjoy another deep run in the playoffs.

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/18/2019 12:17:09 PM >
Post #: 3208
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 12:32:41 PM   
Ragnarök

Cousins was to them what he is to us... Hmmm...

From fans determined to prove Cousins is a turnover machine after every interception, regardless of context to the specific turnover, to another section of fans insisting that Cousins can run the offense more efficiently than any quarterback on the roster, using stats as the driving argument. Especially if Cousins were able to cut out the boneheaded turnovers, fans would finally start to believe Washington will have a good quarterback. It has driven a wedge in the fan base, creating a pro-Kirk side and an anti-Kirk side.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2017/12/28/16822790/if-this-was-truly-his-last-game-in-washington-what-is-kirk-cousins-redskins-legacy

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/18/2019 12:35:35 PM >
Post #: 3209
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 12:58:39 PM  1 votes
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dude, stop yelling.

Yelling is all CAPS

Sorry if I made you feel like there was an accusation pointed toward you... That's one thing I dont come here for, Im not looking for personal debates, attacks or thinking I have to win an argument and prove a point personally with any of you here...

I simply like venting on an OPINION board about what I see my team, THE VIKINGS doing with team I love... Frustration gets the better of us all... I get that... I also get that such frustrations has directly resulted in running off some of the best posters this board has seen...

If venting = a decrease in frustration, you should be the least frustrated Viking fan in team history.

Get a hobby, go volunteer. Pulling stuff from SB HH in 2017 doesn't support your argument. It's tired and mind-numbing to read.

Your mind is made up. I want to see Cousins with an average oline.

Either way Cousins is here two more years. Acceptance is the final stage in grief.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 3210
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 1:31:26 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dude, stop yelling.

Yelling is all CAPS

If venting = a decrease in frustration, you should be the least frustrated Viking fan in team history.

Get a hobby, go volunteer. Pulling stuff from SB HH in 2017 doesn't support your argument. It's tired and mind-numbing to read.

Your mind is made up. I want to see Cousins with an average oline.

Either way Cousins is here two more years. Acceptance is the final stage in grief.

You would be correct on all accounts!

The material on how Kirk was viewed in Wash is very applicable to the Vikings fan, He is exactly what he is... Their fan base felt much in same way we feel as fans on both sides the fence..

AND we will feel that for two more years, no choice at moment... Its not like we brought on the entire coaching staff from Sloter's past in Denver who believed in him to continue his development and see if he can be a vialble option while we bench Kirk....

I have accepted Kirk as our QB, actually hope we can get best out of him and make something of the signing... but still will always contend it was a huge mistake... Cap wise, contract length/structure wise and team wise... Do know I would love to be proven wrong and am in 2019 cheering like everyone else to see something different...

As for hobbies, I turned one of my most passionate hobbies into a nice little biz in last few years and has even afforded me the great opportunity to interact with a couple Vikings players... Im at a great place in life... Would be even better if I was to see the Vikes win a Super Bowl...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/18/2019 1:40:50 PM >
Post #: 3211
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 1:45:31 PM  1 votes
David Levine

Its totally OK to criticize Kirk. Just like it is any other player. We all have guys on the team we have issues with.

But for me (and I'd gather everyone else here), the issue is one of absolute relentlessness. Its like you spend all day googling "Kirk Cousins sucks" and then copy/paste every result here, and they're all "facts we need to face" or some other verbiage you add to try to give them more weight than they deserve.

Is there really nothing else about the Vikings that interests you in the slightest? Can you not make a post that isn't just a rehash of your last Anti-Cousins diatribe? Are you not at all interested in anything else Vikings? Like what we're going to do about the line, or what defenders are we going to keep, the draft or free agency? Coaching positives or negatives? Its a lot more fun to have conversations with people instead of posting at them.

I don't get how its not absolutely draining for you to laser focus on something you see as so negative. I have my players I dislike too (Derrick Rose of the Wolves as a prime example), but I'd bet less than 5% of my Timberwolves posts are about him.

(For the record I still seriously doubt you've in any way accepted Cousins as our QB or want to be proven wrong about him...)
Post #: 3212
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 1:51:28 PM  1 votes
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Its totally OK to criticize Kirk. Just like it is any other player. We all have guys on the team we have issues with.

But for me (and I'd gather everyone else here), the issue is one of absolute relentlessness. Its like you spend all day googling "Kirk Cousins sucks" and then copy/paste every result here, and they're all "facts we need to face" or some other verbiage you add to try to give them more weight than they deserve.

Is there really nothing else about the Vikings that interests you in the slightest? Can you not make a post that isn't just a rehash of your last Anti-Cousins diatribe? Are you not at all interested in anything else Vikings? Like what we're going to do about the line, or what defenders are we going to keep, the draft or free agency? Coaching positives or negatives? Its a lot more fun to have conversations with people instead of posting at them.

I don't get how its not absolutely draining for you to laser focus on something you see as so negative. I have my players I dislike too (Derrick Rose of the Wolves as a prime example), but I'd bet less than 5% of my Timberwolves posts are about him.

(For the record I still seriously doubt you've in any way accepted Cousins as our QB or want to be proven wrong about him...)

The worst part is the recycling. My gawd, we have to be close to a bakers dozen for Cousins record vs winning teams (every time he fails to mention that ARon, Brees, etc etc have similar records vs winning teams).

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 3213
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 2:37:48 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

Very well spoken David... Point taken...

I am very intrigued with the signings we made with coaching. Its obvious we are trying a different direction and philosophy on offense and I hope that translates to better play on field across board on offensive structure and output. As well am very much looking forward to how we address our most glaring weakness in the OL.

With a DC minded coach who seemed to get so much less out of more last year on D side of ball I think Zimm has lots to prove and obviously its why he is in position as a lame duck coach in his last year with no promise of extension. He should get no pass for he is greatly to blame for much of the teams shortcomings in 2018. I love what Zimm has brought in his tenure in Minnesota as compared to what preceded him. He seems to be a good guy and genuinely driven, but also the game partially has passed him by in much of his mindset and philosophy... That happens with age...

Management seems to be sending the signal that this is time to put up the expected returns on expenditures of past few years. Zimm should be feeling heat more than anyone especially with signings of the Denver bunch at longer term contracts than he currently enjoys..

I expect a quite different product on field this year and truly hope that equates to Cousins matching his stats lines with actually on field production that equates to W's. Failure of any sort to not see the play offs and next off season and it may get really interesting in team direction of GM and coaching staff.

In end Kirk cousins is the highest paid player on our team, he will account for 15.5 percent of our salary cap in 2019. He was given a contract that will impact signing extensions and adding free agent pieces the next two years. He was a piece added with perception that he would get us over the top. And with that all said, he earns his just scrutiny in relative proportion to his weight on the team.

As for the fun I have with all on Kirk, I guess its just the schtick I was dealt with since my strong opinions prior to his signing and I will continue to play that card till it is not relevant...
Post #: 3214
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 3:19:54 PM   
Ragnarök

OK, the end of season loss to Bears still stings, but time to rip the band-aid off and take another look?

I get that my Anti Kirk postings have most of you tuning me out as to anything I post... But here's a challenge to all...

Here are two links to that final game that meant everything to the Vikings... First is basic recap of highlights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q91xzRIgnyM

Second is a very in depth breakdown of Kirk Cousins decision making and plays with one persons opinions of what could have been game changing plays that were not made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI2RwPMlFn8

Consensus is unanimous that O line play has to be improved, especially interior to allow for better output.

Watch the second link breakdown and tell me if that guy is way off base on all? What else besides OL can be done to see fruition of plays being left on the field.

It seemed as if the 2018 Vikings were woefully under coached and not at all prepared for the opponents we faced week in and out. Was it failure of coaches to put in quality game plans? Are we not running quality scout teams and putting in the work necessary to see output I know we have talent wise? I hear about how players on NE directly credit their scout teams for preparing them on both sides of the ball to implement winning game plans... Does it seem to any one else we were really lacking those elements last year as a whole in looking prepared?

This is a question directed at anyone who has an opinion and wants to contribute what they think directly lead to our shortcomings in 2018. What is correctable in 2019 and how would you like to see that being addressed?
Post #: 3215
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 3:49:04 PM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dude, stop yelling.

What choice does he have. The tired argument is drowned out by all the snoring.

Yep, the same tired argument that Kirk brought with him from Washington... they have been writing that same stuff about him being a stats monster but not being clutch, a winner or a team leader for years... its not new...

Hope you guys enjoy snoring through 2 more years... Guess sleeping is better than watching a game like last seasons Buffalo or Chicago finale...

You guys act like I made up the narrative and m only one saying these awful things about Kirk...

Try some of these on for size...

https://www.google.com/search?q=kirk+cousins+choker&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS625US625&oq=kirk+cousins+choker&aqs=chrome..69i57.6173j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You are officially a TROLL. As such, you get all the privileges of a TROLL. You seek attention, even negative attention, which is sad. Nonetheless, you will not be receiving any from me.
Post #: 3216
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 3:54:06 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Great video, but hard to watch. Tom Brady is great at getting the ball out quickly and on time, but our guy is not. I wish I had the answer. A better offensive line? Sure, that would help a lot. I feel discouraged right now.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3217
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 3:58:39 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Great video, but hard to watch. Tom Brady is great at getting the ball out quickly and on time, but our guy is not. I wish I had the answer. A better offensive line? Sure, that would help a lot. I feel discouraged right now.

The troll is like FauxNews. Stop watching and you won't "feel discouraged".

And why are you comparing Cousins to Brady (again with the NE comparos)? If that's the case shouldn't you compare Zimmer to Belichik? Barr to Lawrence Taylor? Rhodes to (insert GOAT CB here)?
Post #: 3218
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 4:26:39 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

And why are you comparing Cousins to Brady (again with the NE comparos)? If that's the case shouldn't you compare Zimmer to Belichik? Barr to Lawrence Taylor? Rhodes to (insert GOAT CB here)?

Exactly! It's absolutely fair to expect Cousins to be better than the Cousins we saw last year. It's absurd to use Tom Brady as the standard of comparison. He and nobody else in this league are going to be Tom Brady.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3219
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 4:34:33 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

I always appreciate what you have to add to this board Bill...

Call me what you like, its your opinion, thats what is great about opinion boards...

Ive posted others opinions on our QB, feel free to strongly disagree... Ive never called you a name or given you a title, much less belittled your voice and opinion here.

I posed a real question based on some video and breakdown of our final game VS Chicago and what direction we take to make 2019 successful after reflecting on that final showing.

Im glad Bruce reviewed and gave his opinion, and am sorry he gets criticized for such.
Post #: 3220
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 4:37:39 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

quote:

Exactly! It's absolutely fair to expect Cousins to be better than the Cousins we saw last year. It's absurd to use Tom Brady as the standard of comparison. He and nobody else in this league are going to be Tom Brady.

I never made comparisons or expectations of Cousins to be Brady like, will never happen, I posted above on Bears game with two links and some real world questions on what improves us for 2019...

Bruce answered... any one else care to review and give a quality assessment?
Post #: 3221
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 4:41:40 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

The worst part is the recycling. My gawd, we have to be close to a bakers dozen for Cousins record vs winning teams (every time he fails to mention that ARon, Brees, etc etc have similar records vs winning teams).

Just to finish this about stats VS winning teams... W/L

Kirk Cousins 4 25
Matt Stafford 5 46
Aaron Rodgers 21 29
Mitch Trubisky 5 5
Tom Brady 56 33
Matt Ryan 17 22
Drew Brees 20 48
Russell Wilson 19 12
Peyton Manning 44 19

How about these deep stats...
Games are against teams which had a winning record at the end of the season + were winning by 14 or less going into the fourth quarter.

QB Win Loss Win %
Aaron Rodgers 4 25 .138
Tom Brady 17 30 .362
Peyton Manning 12 29 .293
Drew Brees 10 36 .217
Brett Favre 6 40 .130
Eli Manning 10 44 .185
Roethlisberger 9 24 .273
Russell Wilson 10 11 .476
Phillip Rivers 8 31 .205
Matt Stafford 1 34 .029
Matt Ryan 6 25 .194
Cam Newton 2 16 .111
Joe Flacco 2 31 .061
Andrew Luck 2 19 .095

Anyone want to do math on Cousins?
Post #: 3222
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 4:49:05 PM  1 votes
David Levine

Yup. Sounds just like someone that "hopes Cousins proves them wrong".

I think you almost made it 1 post without obsessing over Kirk.

And with that, I'm out of this loop. Apparently I've already read every post you're ever going to make, so I can ignore the new ones from here on out.
Post #: 3223
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 4:56:03 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

It would be like extending Townes and Wiggins, not winning championships, then trying to validate your point by comparing them to Shaq and Kobe (ha, had to make that shameless plug!). They were, at the time, the duo and any reasonable person understood it was pointless to compare another duo with them. It's something you just accept.

And we can expect to soon read in the draft thread yet again "Well, we don't need to draft (insert position here) in the first round. After all, Brady was drafted in the 6th round, so if we (do our homework/go risk-reward/are astute/trade up-down-sideways/see the draft board-feel the draft board-be, be the draft board Danny/go BPA all the way/amass late picks/sign the CFL MVP/etc) we don't need to rely on a first rounder!"

It's all so simple.
Post #: 3224
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 4:58:41 PM   
Ragnarök

https://thevikingage.com/2019/02/17/anthony-barr-minnesota-vikings/

Good post on why Barr likely will be let walk

Signing Richardson is much higher on list along with interior OL like Paradis in FA
Post #: 3225
Page:   <<   < prev  127 128 [129] 130 131   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  127 128 [129] 130 131   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode