Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  128 129 [130] 131 132   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 5:00:04 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Yup. Sounds just like someone that "hopes Cousins proves them wrong".

I think you almost made it 1 post without obsessing over Kirk.

And with that, I'm out of this loop. Apparently I've already read every post you're ever going to make, so I can ignore the new ones from here on out.

Time for the FA and Draft threads anyway.
Post #: 3226
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 5:14:17 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

https://thevikingage.com/2019/02/17/anthony-barr-minnesota-vikings/

Good post on why Barr likely will be let walk

Signing Richardson is much higher on list along with interior OL like Paradis in FA

Thats hilarious. Levine puts you under a bright interrogation lamp, slaps you about the head ...

and you fold up and spit out some not guilty non-Cousins crap.

Fooled me.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 2/18/2019 5:16:51 PM >
Post #: 3227
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 6:22:47 PM   
Ragnarök

Im humbled by the attention I garner for the opaque to bolder line obtuse ramblings I post.

Im not sure the persona Ive unwittingly crafted and am being pigeon holed into here because of my opinions of our current QB really best manifest all of my true character and abilities to bring something meaningful to this fine board...

If my passionate opinions are the makings of a troll, not worthy of being read and taken seriously then I have failed miserably in contributing the quality of content expected.

I graciously take all criticism heaped upon me and bow my head to those powers that be of such greater wisdom...

Though I am obviously not worthy, I will continue to attempt to contribute in my own ways...

It’s the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life’s joy in a mad scramble for power. For identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel.

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/18/2019 7:08:24 PM >
Post #: 3228
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 7:39:45 PM   
Ragnarök

Maybe there was a reason it seemed Cousins was sleepwalking through the Bills game after all?

https://officialize.com/@kirkcousins/blogs/news/head-games-how-kirk-cousins-uses-brain-training-to-get-an-edge

Cousins needs nine hours of sleep to function properly during the day. What happens when he’s asleep is going to determine his processing speed, how well he remembers things and, most importantly, his hormone production. Royer believes athletes need to be making testosterone to perform at a high level and stress can inhibit that production.

Sleeping in hotels every weekend during the season coupled with hectic travel schedules can mess with Cousins' routine. Royer programs Cousins’ sleep for road games based on the time zones he’ll be traveling to. The night the Vikings lost to the Buffalo Bills in Week 3, Cousins was already beginning to get acclimated to Pacific time, two days before the Vikings packed up and headed to Los Angeles. A regimen of melatonin and blue light therapy allows Royer to program Cousins for any time zone.

With a HC who cannot wrap his mind around the new facility with its digital white boards and climate controlled fake fireplace, this brain training stuff Kirk does must just make the old man's head explode...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/18/2019 7:52:30 PM >
Post #: 3229
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 9:04:25 PM   
Tom Sykes

Testosterone production huh ... you’ll have to produce video evidence to back up that one.

Stalker.
Post #: 3230
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 9:45:44 PM   
Ian Joseph

Hey Rag.. I just wanted you to know that you're doing an absolute marvelous job living up to your username.

It's not, but if it was up to me, I'd throw you off this site, since I get the impression you're deliberately trying to kill it.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3231
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 10:05:57 PM   
Ragnarök

Closed-minded people are more interested in proving themselves right than in getting the best outcome. They don't ask questions. They want to show you where you're wrong without understanding where you're coming from. They get angry when you ask them to explain something.

Explain what I have done to be thrown off this site exactly Ian?

Seriously? I used Kirk Cousins name in vain? Are you freaking kidding me?

I have attacked no one personally here, quite the contrary, I have taken the high road and done nothing more than try and engage people in meaningful subjective discussion of subjects mostly revolving around the most important position on our team.
Post #: 3232
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 10:08:01 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Testosterone production huh ... you’ll have to produce video evidence to back up that one.

Stalker.

What?

That is a direct quote from an article on Kirk Cousins personal website?

Im a stalker for reading and quoting information on a website owned and run by the QB Kirk Cousins himself??

Explain please?
Post #: 3233
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 10:09:57 PM   
Ian Joseph

You dont have to attack someone to be poisonous. But, you still require quarantine.

I could care less about how you or anyone else feels about Kirk Cousins. But, to my point, it's not what you say, it's how you say it. And again, you're doing a great job at living up to your username.

But, that's just my thoughts. What do I know? Do you.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3234
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 10:25:45 PM   
Ragnarök

I have always highly respected yourself and David's opinions and sense of reason on this site, No one ever fully agrees with one another's opinions here, and I get that, but I think you are reading more into my motives than I ever meant to interject.

Poisonous is not and never would be an intention for my postings.

There have always been some serious dislike for QBs in the past here, many went far deeper in disdain for individuals than my rants on KC. I usually back up my wanderings with real links providing source of quotes or stats, though Im sure most of you seldom actually click and read the entire articles from real editorials or articles posted by legitimate online football sources.

I posed some real questions on reviewing final game against Chicago and links provided, one of which went into great detail to break down the play of said QB. Only one poster here actually took the time to review and upon his reply to my musing he was bashed by others.
Post #: 3235
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 10:39:56 PM   
bohumm

Relentless negativity. We get it. Kirk Cousins has done nothing to feed the people of Venezuela.
Post #: 3236
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 10:40:51 PM   
Phil Riewer

Kirk accepts a ton of responsibility...much responsibility to pass around though...just having a kicker come thru early 10-6 as an example.....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3237
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 10:44:54 PM   
David Levine

Again, the issue isn't your hate of Cousins, its that your hate for Cousins has become the ONLY thing you bring to the table. Every post is an anti-Cousins article you found that is "full of truths" or a simple regurgitation of something you posted before.

Its every post. Its all noise and no signal.

Its relentless and draining and basically trolling/spamming. You've become the "robocaller" of posters. Sadly "Ignore Poster" may be the closest thing we have to a "RoboKiller" app to block out the noise.
Post #: 3238
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/18/2019 11:07:05 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

Relentless negativity. We get it. Kirk Cousins has done nothing to feed the people of Venezuela.

Actually, if you read more from one of the site links above (Kirks actual web page) you will find he is very active in humanitarian efforts...

https://kirkcousins.org/pages/generosity?_ga=2.87297432.1005250282.1550539393-1627587879.1550539393

He notes that he spends 15 percent of his 2018 income on these various good deeds.

I do believe he is a good dude and means well as a human being....

I would have chose a differing path for Vikings QB... but I think you all already get that feeling from my previous posting...
Post #: 3239
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/19/2019 7:38:29 AM   
Bill Jandro

A lot went wrong last season. Rag can blame Cousins for it all and he does or should shoulder some blame

I think there was some bad luck and poor decision making that sunk the oline

1. Death of Tony Sporano

2. Team doctors under estimating Elf's injuries and recovery period

3. Easton heading to IR

4. Reiff playing poorly or hurt

5. The failed experiment of moving Remmers inside

6. R Hill regressing

7. Failure to secure quality depth during the off season ( Compton was our key FA pick up)

8. Not drafting a G early

That's a lot of things to go wrong. Some self inflicted.

The only thing that went right was O'Neal blossoming.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3240
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/19/2019 10:00:21 AM   
Ragnarök

Bill I would like to add to the list you compiled this one:

9. Hiring Flip - Offensive Schemes did not did not mesh philosophy with Oline play, magnified weaknesses of OL.
Post #: 3241
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/19/2019 10:45:04 AM   
David F.

10. Continued with a proven poor special teams coordinator and subsequent poor special teams. LITERALLY cost us one win in Green Bay.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3242
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/19/2019 10:46:21 AM   
David F.

11. Continued to put Treadwell on the field after proving time and time again he didn't belong there.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3243
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/19/2019 10:48:02 AM   
David F.

12. Stubbornly refused to pressure young, unproven, opposing QBs to see if they could handle it.

Post #: 3244
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/19/2019 10:55:06 AM   
Ragnarök

Building on your thought David at 12...

As questionable as the OL and new OC / QB impacted the offensive output, the even more frustrating thing in 2018 had to be the defense.

On paper very little changed and with additions of Richardson and Iloka it seemed we would be at 2017 level or higher. Not that the D was bad last year, but in key moments of games they just played flat. Seemed very uninspired and to an even untrained eye it seemed coaching was partially to blame.

As David mentions it was a total head scratcher that we didnt go after the younger inexperienced QBs and force them to hurry up their game. Especially considering we dont seem to play a game on D where there is high value placed on INTs and TOs... the front four just were not getting that dominating pressure much of the time and Zimm stubbornly stayed away from the blitz even with QBs that likely would have been confused much more by the packages being thrown at them. We played very vanilla D in some unexcusable points in games.

So often the team seemed unprepared for the opponents and were very slow to make adjustments. On the game board posters usually always seemed frustrated that were rarely made any noticeable adjustments until half time and often that was after enough damage had been done that games were seeming out of reach already coupled with poor offensive production and the maddening habit of the HC seeming to go into some Turtle Mode even when we were down by 7 as if we were sitting on a lead with absolutely dominating D.

What happened to the idea that we picked up Iloka for a hybrid player to have impact in exotic blitz packages our mastermind on D would draw up? Damn, George only got 3 starts and racked up 30 tackles and actually had one FF. Compared to his play in Cincy previous year with 165 tackles he seemed very underused and unappreciated.

I know we had the issues with Griff and I do think the D missed vet presence Robison as a team father figure, but damn... At the end of the season Zimmer says he wants to see the team play more nasty with more fire on D next year... REALLY? The D play overall seemed to be let down by coaching in 2018, maybe Zimm had his nose too deep up Flipps ass micromanaging an O he has no biz being involved with?

If we dont come out in 2019 and reestablish our D as something resembling 2017 Zimm Reapers where we hit people in the mouth and make teams fear us before a snap of the ball Zimmer deserves much scrutiny on any new contract. 2018 seemed so often like the unit as a whole was just sleepwalking through parts of games. There was little talk of exotic blitz packages getting home and Zimmer being a genius... Many here consistently questioned if the game had actually finally passed the old man by?

Now we face some decisions on what personel to keep with Barr, Richardson, Harris, Iloka being free agents... Of the group Richardson may be the main guy to target to keep?

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/19/2019 11:00:43 AM >
Post #: 3245
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/19/2019 11:01:22 AM   
David Levine

Really good stuff, Rags.
Post #: 3246
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/19/2019 11:42:57 AM   
David F.

quote:

So often the team seemed unprepared for the opponents and were very slow to make adjustments. On the game board posters usually always seemed frustrated that were rarely made any noticeable adjustments until half time and often that was after enough damage had been done that games were seeming out of reach already coupled with poor offensive production and the maddening habit of the HC seeming to go into some Turtle Mode even when we were down by 7 as if we were sitting on a lead with absolutely dominating D.

We ended up winning the second game vs. Detroit but where the heck was the double team on Golliday? He was LITERALLY all Detroit had on offense and he was very effective in the first half. In the end we came roaring back from being down 9-0 because, well - Detroit is poor to average.

Post #: 3247
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/19/2019 11:46:57 AM   
Ragnarök

To expand on one thought from D rant above...

At start of season I commented on how I felt the impact of cutting Robison would have and most everyone here scoffed at me, correctly pointing out he was old and likely lost a step, was not a key piece in scheme of D.

Well Brian's play on the field may not have been a strong point, his veteran presence on sidelines and in the locker room was sorely missed. I didnt watch a bunch of the podcast segments he did but one could see that he lightened the whole atmosphere in the locker room. I was actually communicating with Brian in Spring prior to him being cut and he was very excited about the upcoming season, his final year in the NFL. He took a drop in salary to stay on one more year and just had his 100k Ranger bass boat wrapped fully in Vikings motif.

All is conjecture, but in talking with other writers for Vikings fan pages there was mutual agreement that the way Robison was cut sent a bad vibe through the locker room and impacted much more than the organization likely imagined. Zimm is old school and didnt see value in what Robison brought, maybe even viewed some of his social media antics as an unnecessary distraction overall. Front office saw an aged vet that could be replaced with younger up and comer. they totally missed just what Brian fully brought to the table as the longest tenured Viking on a relatively young team.

Make no mistake there were ripples sent through the team with the move, and likely the one who most felt the loss of a good friend and mentor was Everson Griffen. While no one fully knows why Griff had his issues he suffered, having his buddy Robison there for support may have made a difference in the outcome overall...

Again I get that some of you will just snicker and dismiss my ramblings as just that, as you did when I first posed the thoughts back when preseason started...

Something seemed off with the team all year, especially on D, guys just were not playing with fire and passion as we had previously seen. Was it a hang over from getting their ass handed to them in NFC conference game and likely chewed out and rode hard in Spring by coaches? Was it something a miss with team chemistry? As we lost an unseen coaching commodity in Tony Sporano with heavy impact being felt through the season on offense, in some ways the blind sided cutting of Robison may have caused similar ripples on the D side.

In the end I hope all of you can appreciate just what Brian Robison contributed to the Vikings in his career and wish him good thoughts of a bright future as he finds life after football chasing his dreams in competitive bass fishing.

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/19/2019 11:57:27 AM >
Post #: 3248
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/19/2019 11:57:10 AM   
Todd M

I'm with you on that. Robison on the team and we make the playoffs and Griff doesn't blow a gasket. Struggles but overcomes.
Post #: 3249
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/19/2019 2:24:10 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I'm with you on that. Robison on the team and we make the playoffs and Griff doesn't blow a gasket. Struggles but overcomes.

If your team is so fragile it can't take the exodus of one BELOVED but aging vet with diminishing returns.... then your team isn't that good.

Why is Robison the lynchpin but Newman an afterthought.

Love Robison but history says it's far better to move on a year to early than a year too late.

I say we were basically the same team with or without Robison.

Then again... what do I know about the lockerroom chemistry... not much.

p.s. All that amazing chemistry didn't seem to help out against the Eagles in the conf game... in fact, our defense in the last 6 qtrs of 2017 looked a lot like the defense in 2018.

< Message edited by beo -- 2/19/2019 2:25:48 PM >
Post #: 3250
Page:   <<   < prev  128 129 [130] 131 132   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  128 129 [130] 131 132   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode