Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  209 210 [211] 212 213   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 11:39:56 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Dalvin Cook looks faster to my casual eyes.

https://twitter.com/CarmerSkol/status/1139556458457128961?s=09

Is that what they mean by running downhill?

Oh my lord, that is the teaser about Cook up to this point.

His burst looks amazing through holes, he puts his foot in the ground and goes like lightening.

Cook gets as low as any RB you’ll see in the hole, has amazing lateral ability, and looks like a pretty natural receiver out of the backfield.

He often appears to be the fastest players on the field.

Dude just really needs to stay on the field, and have at the very least an average OLine instead of the absolute tire fire we’ve seen the last few years to absolutely explode onto the seen.

Cook would be a good gamble in a fantasy draft

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5251
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 11:41:07 AM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

His burst looks amazing through holes, he puts his foot in the ground and goes like lightening.

Cook gets as low as any RB you’ll see in the hole, has amazing lateral ability, and looks like a pretty natural receiver out of the backfield.

Dude just really needs to stay on the field, and have at the very least an average OLine instead of the absolute tire fire we’ve seen the last few years to absolutely explode onto the seen.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers
Post #: 5252
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 11:55:04 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

Unsure if Cook was ever at 100% either last season

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5253
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 12:05:41 PM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Interesting, as this includes EVERYONE (even defenders) who had the football in their hands who were running the ball down the field.

Bunch of small WR’s, returners, and cornerbacks on that list that weren’t as fast as Dalvin.
  Post #: 5254
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 1:26:43 PM   
Bruce Johnson

A healthy Dalvin Cook, a more solidified offensive line and a second year for Cousins may mean a potent offense. Right now they seem to have a lot of learning to do with a new assistant head coach. (Kubiak)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5255
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 6:24:25 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Former star Chuck Foreman on current group of #Vikings running backs: “This might be the best group of running backs from top to bottom that the Vikings ever have had in my opinion. I don’t know who they’re going to keep but what I do know is all of them are NFL material.’’

(Chris Thomasson on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5256
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 8:06:54 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

Do other teams have an in-game stats guru, who sits in the booth with a computer? There's so much data out there, and a computer is ideally suited for crunching the numbers quickly without letting emotions cloud judgement. Seems as though the NFL is behind MLB in this respect.

I dont know about a stats guru but some teams do have "a guy" who's job is specifically to make these calls. I posted an article a long time ago stating Zim needed a guy.

My guess is those that dont have a guy have an ego issue that prevents them from hiring one
Post #: 5257
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 8:15:41 PM   
quote:

Former star Chuck Foreman on current group of #Vikings running backs: “This might be the best group of running backs from top to bottom that the Vikings ever have had in my opinion. I don’t know who they’re going to keep but what I do know is all of them are NFL material.’’

I don’t know much about much but Chuck Foreman was a baaaad Muthhh (Shut your mouth)

I’d tend to agree with #44.
  Post #: 5258
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 8:16:24 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Do other teams have an in-game stats guru, who sits in the booth with a computer? There's so much data out there, and a computer is ideally suited for crunching the numbers quickly without letting emotions cloud judgement. Seems as though the NFL is behind MLB in this respect.

I dont know about a stats guru but some teams do have "a guy" who's job is specifically to make these calls. I posted an article a long time ago stating Zim needed a guy.

My guess is those that dont have a guy have an ego issue that prevents them from hiring one

Zim doesn't seem like a guy quick to embrace something like that.

quote:

Coach Mike Zimmer tolerates these new digs, even if some of the more lavish touches make him squirm. He never allows anyone to turn on the fireplace in the locker room, for instance, or to put anything other than the day’s schedule on the dozens of TVs scattered throughout the facility. “Players win games,” the 62-year-old says one day in Eagan, scoffing at the amenities. Asked about the new draft room, with its 40 bigscreens all stitched together, everything digitized, he says: “Seven-hundred fifty-thousand [dollars], just so we don’t have to use f—— magnets.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/26/minnesota-vikings-2018-season-mike-zimmer-rick-spielman-kirk-cousins
Post #: 5259
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 8:16:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Unsure if Cook was ever at 100% either last season

he's not even supposed to be fast. He's supposed to be shifty with lateral quickness.
Here's a good article regarding that.
http://www.startribune.com/blazing-fast-vikings-rb-dalvin-cook-shows-how-irrelevant-40-yard-dash-times-can-be/444228353/

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5260
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 8:55:45 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It depends on how high on average he is going or how much in auction money he's going for. Last year he typically went pretty high. I dropped out of the bidding for him at $30 in my $200 auction draft and that proved to be pivotal for my success as I took Mixon later for about the same amount.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5261
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 10:01:46 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It depends on how high on average he is going or how much in auction money he's going for. Last year he typically went pretty high. I dropped out of the bidding for him at $30 in my $200 auction draft and that proved to be pivotal for my success as I took Mixon later for about the same amount.

Yesterday I got Cook for $14 in a $150 auction league with lots of high D player scoring. 30 players per team. Barkley went for $28 and Mahomes went for $21 in this 2 QB league.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/15/2019 10:07:51 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5262
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 11:24:17 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yesterday I got Cook for $14 in a $150 auction league with lots of high D player scoring. 30 players per team. Barkley went for $28 and Mahomes went for $21 in this 2 QB league.

NERRRRRRRRRRRDDDS!!
Post #: 5263
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/15/2019 11:29:09 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

NERRRRRRRRRRRDDDS!!

yes I'm a NERD and proud of it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5264
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/16/2019 12:49:53 AM   
marty

.... could have canned Preifer right there. I agree with David as the Vikes lucked out he left - it had gotten stale. Still missing a 35 yarder is not on any coach unless the kick was blocked and the personnel was over matched or there is a flaw picked up on film. ....

What if that special teams' coach didn't have the player emotionally ready, or didn't build his confidence, and maybe lowered the kicker's confidence, made him nervous when performing ? There is more than the x's and o's, there is the human factor.

I imagine something the most recent special teams' coach said, could go through the kicker's mind right before he kicks.

It is concerning if players aren't playing with confidence. If guys are fumbling at crucial times in playoff games, then it's likely the team isn't playing with confidence, and that could be the fault of the head coach.

< Message edited by marty -- 6/16/2019 12:51:25 AM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5265
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/16/2019 1:42:44 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Zim doesn't seem like a guy quick to embrace something like that.

quote:

Coach Mike Zimmer tolerates these new digs, even if some of the more lavish touches make him squirm. He never allows anyone to turn on the fireplace in the locker room, for instance, or to put anything other than the day’s schedule on the dozens of TVs scattered throughout the facility. “Players win games,” the 62-year-old says one day in Eagan, scoffing at the amenities. Asked about the new draft room, with its 40 bigscreens all stitched together, everything digitized, he says: “Seven-hundred fifty-thousand [dollars], just so we don’t have to use f—— magnets.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/26/minnesota-vikings-2018-season-mike-zimmer-rick-spielman-kirk-cousins

My guess is you're right. I think it's a great move, though.

I remember the article:)
Post #: 5266
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/16/2019 11:36:11 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

.... could have canned Preifer right there. I agree with David as the Vikes lucked out he left - it had gotten stale. Still missing a 35 yarder is not on any coach unless the kick was blocked and the personnel was over matched or there is a flaw picked up on film. ....

What if that special teams' coach didn't have the player emotionally ready, or didn't build his confidence, and maybe lowered the kicker's confidence, made him nervous when performing ? There is more than the x's and o's, there is the human factor.

Nobody changed his diapers for him that morning?
Post #: 5267
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/16/2019 4:25:55 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Not much to share today.

https://youtu.be/Q5o_4WlRrwo

Post #: 5268
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/16/2019 5:09:42 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

NERRRRRRRRRRRDDDS!!

🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓likea virgin... or a fortnight twwenage rage player..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5269
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/16/2019 6:26:03 PM  2 votes
Jason Dorn

quote:

quote:

I don’t know much about much but Chuck Foreman was a baaaad Muthhh (Shut your mouth)

Ha ha. Ok was over the top with the comment to Pete- was not a big deal. Tired of reading Zimmer is a bad head coach and defending him. Best to avoid reading and commenting here for sure. Skol.

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 5270
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/16/2019 6:52:34 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

When Randall McDaniel quips in with "This might be the best OL group from top to bottom that the Vikings ever have had in my opinion" I'll start getting excited.
Post #: 5271
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/17/2019 9:25:08 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Ben Leber was on the radio this morning sharing that he's wondering if it's wise for the Vikings to go "old school" with Kubiak's offense at a time when "new school" are evolving and showing themselves to be successful.

On the other hand, he is noting how the defenses are going more and more with the nickel packages, (ie. taking a linebacker off the field) and may be exposing themselves to a more physical ground attack.

Post #: 5272
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/17/2019 9:28:00 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Our offensive line is not so physical, but perhaps they can match up well with the quicker defenses. I do believe that our running backs can be rather physical, especially Mattison. Is that why the Vikings wanted him so bad?

Post #: 5273
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/17/2019 9:30:14 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Dorn

quote:

quote:

Ha ha. Ok was over the top with the comment to Pete- was not a big deal. Tired of reading Zimmer is a bad head coach and defending him. Best to avoid reading and commenting here for sure. Skol.

If reading opinions that are different than yours is tiring, I would say that the internet in general might be best avoided. I say this with all the love and respect I have. I'm not trying to put you down. I see this attitude on here from time to time. Art was guilty of it sometimes.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5274
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/17/2019 9:44:22 AM   
ratoppenheimer

if we keep him two years it's equivalent to keeping our old deal at $7.7m for this season and giving him a raise of $9m next season....i think we would have done better to extend waynes to develop some immediate cap savings....

Sean Borman@SeanBoarMan
Kyle Rudolph cap hits under new deal:

• 2019: $3.55M
• 2020: $8.825M
• 2021: $9.45M
• 2022: $10.25M
• 2023: $11.65M

Dead money:
• 2019: $9
• 2020: $5.8M
• 2021: $4.35M
• 2022: $2.9M
• 2023: $1.45M

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 6/17/2019 10:03:21 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5275
Page:   <<   < prev  209 210 [211] 212 213   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  209 210 [211] 212 213   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode