Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  213 214 [215] 216 217   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/19/2019 4:35:22 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

All this talk about the cap and all I can think about is how we have the NFLs greatest capological genius in our front office.

I have no doubt in my mind that Brez has a plan for the 2020 cap in place already. and in Brez I trust.

I don't get the love for Brez in here.

Accountant's are a dime a dozen.

Vikings have a great coach, GM, and cap guy.

That has added up to jack squat.

Just win baby.

Just based on random luck, they should have won twice since inception in 1961. Factoring in the talent they've had over the years, some serious bad luck working against them.

Edit, should have won SB twice since first Super Bowl in 1967.

< Message edited by jbusse -- 6/19/2019 5:07:00 PM >
Post #: 5351
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/19/2019 5:40:51 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Would-a-should-a could-a. It's all water over a dam, for me now. That's how I reconcile it. I can't beat myself over it again and again. Each time it happened that we fell short of a championship I was so sad. Sometimes I cried literal tears. But that was in the past. Life is not always fair.

Maybe I am insane because I keep hoping over and over again, but get the same result, but I am hopeful at this time. If we get to experience it in our lifetime we certainly will appreciate it more than the fans in Boston. Anyway, it is very important to have hope and I always say that there must be a basis for hope, but I see that basis at this time.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5352
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/19/2019 6:01:16 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Here are some highlights of Blasingame as a pass receiver out of the backfield. I'm hoping that he makes the team with a splash. I mean, last year two un-drafted free agents made the team, but this one ran a 4.55 40 at 233 pounds. He also did a 38.5" vertical leap at his Pro Day. Just to give you some perspective, even though he was 16 pounds heavier than Holyfield, the running back out of Georgia, his standing broad jump was 13" farther. It's true he needs to add some muscle, but that is something that can happen with an NFL training regimen.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1141357254559485954

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 6/19/2019 6:03:46 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5353
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/19/2019 7:20:13 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://www.vikings.com/news/alexander-mattison-vikings-offense-prep-first-nfl-season

Post #: 5354
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/19/2019 11:29:23 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I didn't realize that the Bears lost their defensive coordinator. I see a regression back to the mean

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/6/19/18682216/nfc-north-off-season-analysis-minnesota-vikings-chicago-bears-green-bay-packers-detroit-lions

Post #: 5355
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/20/2019 1:09:59 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I didn't realize that the Bears lost their defensive coordinator. I see a regression back to the mean

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/6/19/18682216/nfc-north-off-season-analysis-minnesota-vikings-chicago-bears-green-bay-packers-detroit-lions

Lost em to the Broncos. Pagano is a big step down, IMO. But there's so much talent on that side, I see a regression in TOs, and passing yards (scheme + losing two starters in the secondary). They'll still be very good though, I think.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 5356
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/21/2019 8:22:21 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Here are some highlights of Blasingame as a pass receiver out of the backfield. I'm hoping that he makes the team with a splash. I mean, last year two un-drafted free agents made the team, but this one ran a 4.55 40 at 233 pounds. He also did a 38.5" vertical leap at his Pro Day. Just to give you some perspective, even though he was 16 pounds heavier than Holyfield, the running back out of Georgia, his standing broad jump was 13" farther. It's true he needs to add some muscle, but that is something that can happen with an NFL training regimen.

I'm thinking Ham holds him off but looks like a PS guy for sure.
Post #: 5357
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/21/2019 9:26:12 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm wondering why he has to be a fullback. Couldn't he be the backup to Mattison?

Post #: 5358
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/21/2019 10:23:00 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

i don't know - a 4.55/40 fullback with his measurements...ham only has one year left on his deal, and then he's an rfa...and even this year blasingame is $200k cheaper - and with three years on his deal....

also, blasingame is a graduate student....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5359
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/21/2019 11:34:43 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Does our new offense feature well the fullback? Not every team has a fullback and we have Mattison to run with power.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 6/21/2019 11:37:36 AM >

Post #: 5360
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/21/2019 11:35:13 AM   
Bruce Johnson

https://thevikingage.com/2019/06/21/extending-waynes-minnesota-vikings-plans-camp/

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 6/21/2019 2:27:55 PM >

Post #: 5361
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/21/2019 4:00:43 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

i don't know - a 4.55/40 fullback with his measurements...ham only has one year left on his deal, and then he's an rfa...and even this year blasingame is $200k cheaper - and with three years on his deal....

On the day he became a teenager, Blasingame had already flew to the moon in a rocket he designed. Last summer he swam the oceans and got all the plastic out of them. Just last month he missed an OTA day because he was an emergency fill in at MITs PhD Physics Dept.

He's at 270 lbs. Some scientific muscle powder he designed while driving in rush hour in LA.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 6/21/2019 4:05:30 PM >
Post #: 5362
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/21/2019 5:33:34 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

On the day he became a teenager, Blasingame had already flew to the moon in a rocket he designed. Last summer he swam the oceans and got all the plastic out of them. Just last month he missed an OTA day because he was an emergency fill in at MITs PhD Physics Dept.

He's at 270 lbs. Some scientific muscle powder he designed while driving in rush hour in LA.

Even better...great job, Bill....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5363
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/22/2019 2:31:54 AM   
Viking Rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks for the laugh

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 5364
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/22/2019 7:31:43 AM   
Bruce Johnson

There probably aren't really very many positions up for grabs going into training camp. There is quality depth at most positions.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/6/20/18663422/minnesota-vikings-pre-training-camp-depth-charts

Post #: 5365
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/22/2019 10:33:53 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I haven't sent a question to Wobby for quite awhile, now. What would you ask?

Post #: 5366
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/22/2019 11:03:34 AM   
thebigo

quote:

I haven't sent a question to Wobby for quite awhile, now. What would you ask?

Sup?
Post #: 5367
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/22/2019 1:03:33 PM   
Ricky J

Post #: 5368
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/22/2019 2:55:13 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I found this on Twitter:

Man coverage is about getting sacks and incompletions.

Zone coverage is about getting interceptions.

(Kyle cogan on Twitter)

Post #: 5369
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/22/2019 3:01:20 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Here is a good article to chew on.

https://purpleptsd.com/vikings-talk-what-is-1222-personnel-and-how-can-the-vikings-get-it-to-work-for-them/

Post #: 5370
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/23/2019 12:14:37 AM   
David F.

quote:

https://purpleptsd.com/vikings-talk-what-is-1222-personnel-and-how-can-the-vikings-get-it-to-work-for-them/

Imagine a formation with Dalvin Cook, Alexander Mattison , Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Irv Smith JR, and Rudolph all on the field simultaneously .

One of them is playing QB I guess? Also, Wowzers was there a lot of misspelled words and grammatical errors in there.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5371
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/23/2019 2:01:08 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Imagine a formation with Dalvin Cook, Alexander Mattison , Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Irv Smith JR, and Rudolph all on the field simultaneously .

One of them is playing QB I guess? Also, Wowzers was there a lot of misspelled words and grammatical errors in there.

I have fantasized that the NFL decree that when the Patriots play, they get only 10 players on the field and the opponents get 12. Of course the scores would be like 120 to nothing and they would have to pull out Brady because he would be getting killed. I would love to watch that, but that wouldn't be football. (I hate the Patriots.)

Post #: 5372
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/23/2019 6:19:33 AM   
Bruce Johnson

https://thevikingage.com/2019/06/23/5-minnesota-vikings-watch-2019-training-camp/

Post #: 5373
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/23/2019 12:47:41 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

You made a good point so I rephrased your question to be respectful and sent it to the writer. Happily I got a response.

Hey, Bruce. I should have been more specific in the Article. It’s called a tackle over scheme. It’s a unbalanced lineup that would allow either tight end to chip block while the other holds the block making difficult for the defense to match up, and it would allow better control of the A gaps because the Dline would be so unbalanced. you would have to sub out a tackle, so it would mostly be a goal line play action play. They could run a stretch play from this formation if the defense decides to protect the A gaps instead of the C and D gaps. Great question man feel free to ask many more

Since he liked my question I just sent him a follow up question. I will share if he responds.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 6/23/2019 12:57:32 PM >

Post #: 5374
RE: General Vikes Talk - 6/23/2019 1:16:12 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

You made a good point so I rephrased your question to be respectful and sent it to the writer. Happily I got a response.

Hey, Bruce. I should have been more specific in the Article. It’s called a tackle over scheme. It’s a unbalanced lineup that would allow either tight end to chip block while the other holds the block making difficult for the defense to match up, and it would allow better control of the A gaps because the Dline would be so unbalanced. you would have to sub out a tackle, so it would mostly be a goal line play action play. They could run a stretch play from this formation if the defense decides to protect the A gaps instead of the C and D gaps. Great question man feel free to ask many more

Since he liked my question I just sent him a follow up question. I will share if he responds.

Interesting response, you don't see the unbalanced line often.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 5375
Page:   <<   < prev  213 214 [215] 216 217   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  213 214 [215] 216 217   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode