Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  266 267 [268] 269 270   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 6:59:01 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

Jones was horrible at the beginning of last season, which is maybe why he didn't play thereafter....

Yeah I even read some of the Giant blogs when we got Jones, and they were freaking pissed they traded their “Best OLineman”....

If it was a time to shine it was last year on one of the worst oLines we’ve ever had.

Let’s just hope Jones fell into the sh!t brigade most of them were under last years staff minus Tony Sparano (RIP)
  Post #: 6676
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 7:42:57 PM   
kgdabom

Found this blurb from the Athletic on RotoWorld

Alexander Mattison
RB, Minnesota Vikings

The Athletic's Jay Glazer reports the Vikings can't stop "raving about" third-round RB Alexander Mattison at camp.
"The Vikings have a rookie RB named Alexander Mattison who they were all raving about when I stopped by their camp," Glazer writes. "I mean, to a man, couldn’t stop preaching his gospel." Mike Boone has torn up the preseason for the second straight year, notching 111 yards on 22 touches through Minnesota's first two games, but Mattison (19/71) has clearly been used ahead of the former in both contests. Much like Latavius Murray's situation with the Vikings last year, Mattison is both the direct handcuff to Dalvin Cook and continues to have late-round standalone value as fantasy's current RB57.
Source: The Athletic
Aug 21, 2019, 8:32 PM ET

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6677
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 7:44:05 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Keep in mind that in order for practice squad type players to get sniped at the cutdown to 53, they have to be added to someone else's 53. I'm not sure we are in danger of losing many of our cuts to THAT.

With that being said, good linemen and quarterbacks are at big time risk, if exposed. Proceed with grave caution if cutting Sloter and Udoh.

I think we keep 3 QBs.

QBs (3)
RB and FB (5)
WR (5)
Oline (9)
TE (3)

DLine (9)
LB (6)
CB and S (10)

ST (3)

I think we keep Blasingame over Abdullah. Boone and Ham make team.

4th WR is Bisi Johnson
5th is between Taylor, Badet , Zylstra and Mitchell. I say Badet so we have one true burner.

Oline: Reiff, Elf, Bradbury, Kline, O'Neill, Udoh, Hill, Samia and Dozier or Isadora.

I was really hoping Badet would take off... he has elite deep speed(in theory).
But dude is hurt again... he may just not be cut out for the NFL.

I wasn't very impressed with Badet on KO returns.

He's extremely frail looking as well. We do need a guy whom can take the top of a defense off but they have to be good at tracking and catching the deep ball.

I am reading opinions on Badets return capabilities as the greatest, but I have not been impressed. I think Boone or Abdullah might be a better choice.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6678
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 7:49:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Keep in mind that in order for practice squad type players to get sniped at the cutdown to 53, they have to be added to someone else's 53. I'm not sure we are in danger of losing many of our cuts to THAT.

With that being said, good linemen and quarterbacks are at big time risk, if exposed. Proceed with grave caution if cutting Sloter and Udoh.

I think we keep 3 QBs.

QBs (3)
RB and FB (5)
WR (5)
Oline (9)
TE (3)

DLine (9)
LB (6)
CB and S (10)

ST (3)

4th WR is Bisi Johnson
5th is between Taylor, Badet , Zylstra and Mitchell. I say Badet so we have one true burner.

Oline: Reiff, Elf, Bradbury, Kline, O'Neill, Udoh, Hill, Samia and Dozier or Isadora.

He's extremely frail looking as well. We do need a guy whom can take the top of a defense off but they have to be good at tracking and catching the deep ball.

I am reading opinions on Badets return capabilities as the greatest, but I have not been impressed. I think Boone or Abdullah might be a better choice.

Mitchell looked great on his return against Seattle.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6679
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 8:01:32 PM   
Bruce Johnson

It looks like there will be two kickers.

#Vikings STC Marwan Maalouf hinted that making Kaare Vedvik both the kicker & punter may not work.

“It’s so hard to ask one guy to do everything.... Pre-game isn’t long enough for somebody to do everything. But if we can carve out the right roles for him, I think he’ll help us.”

Sean Borman on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6680
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 8:32:09 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think we keep 3 QBs.

QBs (3)
RB and FB (5)
WR (5)
Oline (9)
TE (3)

DLine (9)
LB (6)
CB and S (10)

ST (3)

4th WR is Bisi Johnson

Where did you read that?
Post #: 6681
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 9:04:03 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think we keep 3 QBs.

QBs (3)
RB and FB (5)
WR (5)
Oline (9)
TE (3)

DLine (9)
LB (6)
CB and S (10)

ST (3)

4th WR is Bisi Johnson

Where did you read that?

I forget. Somewhere on Twitter. Lately I've been spending more time there than here. If I see it again I will link it.

I found Nick Olson in his 53 man roster projection touting Badet because of his return abilities/ potential. I do disagree.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 8/22/2019 7:29:22 AM >

Post #: 6682
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 6:27:02 AM   
Bill Jandro

No news is good news so far regarding Holton Hill’s attempted decapitation of Paxton Lynch.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6683
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 7:59:16 AM   
jbusse

quote:

No news is good news so far regarding Holton Hill’s attempted decapitation of Paxton Lynch.

For as uninspiring as Sean Mannion is, Paxton Lynch is even worse, as is Trevor Siemian. Not sure what the Broncos saw in those two.
Post #: 6684
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 8:26:52 AM   
beo

From practice notes:
"Special Teams Coach Marwan Maalouf said that Chad Beebe will hold for Kaare Vedvik when he Kicks FGs and Extra Points. I suspect Vedvik will be the kicker on Saturday night."

Hate to be constantly a downer...
This strikes me as really as a really bad idea.
1) Beebe I would think could use all the reps at WR that he can get.
2) I hope like hell you don't plan on using an oft injured WR as your regular season holder. I already have visions of big game, Beebe getting hurt, big kick to win the game, wide right... perfect Vikings scenario.

Other notes: Linval says he is feeling much stronger than last year. Hope it's true, he can be a difference maker.
Post #: 6685
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 8:30:40 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

From practice notes:
"Special Teams Coach Marwan Maalouf said that Chad Beebe will hold for Kaare Vedvik when he Kicks FGs and Extra Points. I suspect Vedvik will be the kicker on Saturday night."

2) I hope like hell you don't plan on using an oft injured WR as your regular season holder. I already have visions of big game, Beebe getting hurt, big kick to win the game, wide right... perfect Vikings scenario.

Other notes: Linval says he is feeling much stronger than last year. Hope it's true, he can be a difference maker.

Vedvik has to make the team first. It doesn't send up any red flags to me having Beebe hold for him in camp. My guess is he loves the duty.
Post #: 6686
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 8:37:58 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

From practice notes:

Vedvik has to make the team first. It doesn't send up any red flags to me having Beebe hold for him in camp. My guess is he loves the duty.

How about trick plays? Do you want a Punter running with the ball or Beebe?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6687
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 9:35:10 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

From practice notes:

Beebe. But if Vedvik makes the team will Beebe hold? Interesting.
Post #: 6688
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 12:15:05 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From practice notes:

I would be extremely surprised if Vedvik doesn't make the team. I don't think we would be giving up a 5th round pick for a training camp rental.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6689
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 12:27:03 PM   
Bruce Johnson

He will be the punter, kickoff and long field goal guy.

Post #: 6690
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 12:41:34 PM   
jbusse

quote:

That leaves us exposed on short field goals from the right hash.
Post #: 6691
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 12:47:58 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

He was fined.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 6692
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 12:49:37 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From practice notes:

If?

Believe.
Post #: 6693
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 12:58:12 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

From practice notes:

Exactly. I've always wanted someone with some athletic ability at that job. They used to have backup QB's do it. Makes a fake, or dealing with a botched snap, a lot more likely to succeed.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 6694
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 2:03:20 PM   
beo

quote:

Very possible... maybe I'm overthinking it.
Post #: 6695
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 2:53:44 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From practice notes:

If?

ha ha!

Going to the game in Dallas. I should of just bought a couple of games worth of tickets from you, id still have a few bucks in left in my pocket
Post #: 6696
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 2:54:40 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

For as uninspiring as Sean Mannion is, Paxton Lynch is even worse, as is Trevor Siemian. Not sure what the Broncos saw in those two.

I agree.
Post #: 6697
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 3:00:19 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From practice notes:

If?

ha ha!

Going to the game in Dallas. I should of just bought a couple of games worth of tickets from you, id still have a few bucks in left in my pocket

But, then you wouldnt have gotten to see the kind of quarterback that makes $40 million annually.

Believe.
Post #: 6698
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 3:07:05 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

He was fined.

THAT'S just fine.
Post #: 6699
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 3:31:53 PM   
mikegreitzer

I think Kyle has to listen to his coach for now.

https://vikings61.com/vikings-vs-cardinals-a-tale-of-kyler-and-kyle/
Post #: 6700
Page:   <<   < prev  266 267 [268] 269 270   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  266 267 [268] 269 270   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode