Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  267 268 [269] 270 271   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 3:39:40 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Interesting wrinkle in the Vikings' preseason offense: they've had a running back line up in the slot or out wide on about 10% of offensive snaps.

Nick Olson on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6701
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 3:50:09 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The #Vikings offense currently leads the NFL with a 64.0% third down conversion rate this preseason. Since 2015, no NFL team has finished the preseason with a higher third down conversion rate than 54.2%. #NorseNotes https://t.co/ypvR4E82bH

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6702
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 3:59:44 PM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings RT Brian O'Neill was limited again at practice today. He's still in full pads and a helmet so it seems likely he'll be ready for the opener.

Per: Chad Graff

Post #: 6703
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 7:01:59 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Quiet day. Maybe that's good.

https://vikingsspin.wordpress.com/2019/08/22/vikings-spin-news-practice-notes-8-22-2019/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Post #: 6704
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/22/2019 9:41:38 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

From practice notes:
"Special Teams Coach Marwan Maalouf said that Chad Beebe will hold for Kaare Vedvik when he Kicks FGs and Extra Points. I suspect Vedvik will be the kicker on Saturday night."

Hate to be constantly a downer...
This strikes me as really as a really bad idea.
1) Beebe I would think could use all the reps at WR that he can get.
2) I hope like hell you don't plan on using an oft injured WR as your regular season holder. I already have visions of big game, Beebe getting hurt, big kick to win the game, wide right... perfect Vikings scenario.

Other notes: Linval says he is feeling much stronger than last year. Hope it's true, he can be a difference maker.

Vedvik has to make the team first. It doesn't send up any red flags to me having Beebe hold for him in camp. My guess is he loves the duty.

How about trick plays? Do you want a Punter running with the ball or Beebe?

Beebe. But if Vedvik makes the team will Beebe hold? Interesting.

If?

ha ha!

Going to the game in Dallas. I should of just bought a couple of games worth of tickets from you, id still have a few bucks in left in my pocket

But, then you wouldnt have gotten to see the kind of quarterback that makes $40 million annually.

True. Wouldnt want to miss that or Zeke and his new deal.
(Actually itd be great if they were both still a little pissed off)
Post #: 6705
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 12:26:44 AM   
marty

I used to think having a tough opponent game 3 of the preseason was good for analysis of what you have, and good for preparing the team for the regular season.

Now I think it might just be best to have weak opponents in the preseason, as that makes injuries less likely, guys don't necessarily have to try too hard to make plays.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6706
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 1:37:43 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

From practice notes:
"Special Teams Coach Marwan Maalouf said that Chad Beebe will hold for Kaare Vedvik when he Kicks FGs and Extra Points. I suspect Vedvik will be the kicker on Saturday night."

Hate to be constantly a downer...
This strikes me as really as a really bad idea.
1) Beebe I would think could use all the reps at WR that he can get.
2) I hope like hell you don't plan on using an oft injured WR as your regular season holder. I already have visions of big game, Beebe getting hurt, big kick to win the game, wide right... perfect Vikings scenario.

Other notes: Linval says he is feeling much stronger than last year. Hope it's true, he can be a difference maker.

Vedvik has to make the team first. It doesn't send up any red flags to me having Beebe hold for him in camp. My guess is he loves the duty.

How about trick plays? Do you want a Punter running with the ball or Beebe?

Beebe. But if Vedvik makes the team will Beebe hold? Interesting.

If?

ha ha!

Going to the game in Dallas. I should of just bought a couple of games worth of tickets from you, id still have a few bucks in left in my pocket

But, then you wouldnt have gotten to see the kind of quarterback that makes $40 million annually.

True. Wouldnt want to miss that or Zeke and his new deal.
(Actually itd be great if they were both still a little pissed off)

dak - i'd just let him play out the next two seasons on his present deal - $2m/2019 and $25m/2020 = $13.5m/yr...i don't think he's proven himself yet....

zek - i'd trade him for a 2nd+ rounder in 2020...don't want to get stuck with a super-high priced running back....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6707
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 6:59:21 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

dak - i'd just let him play out the next two seasons on his present deal - $2m/2019 and $25m/2020 = $13.5m/yr...i don't think he's proven himself yet....

zek - i'd trade him for a 2nd+ rounder in 2020...don't want to get stuck with a super-high priced running back....

Or just give 'em all the money they think they deserve and see how that works for the team
Post #: 6708
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 7:17:51 AM   
Bill Jandro

I think the new CBA should have a cap on how much a player can make in an effort to curb the escalating QB salaries.

Perhaps linking it to a certain % of the salary cap

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6709
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 8:19:04 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I think the new CBA should have a cap on how much a player can make in an effort to curb the escalating QB salaries.

I like your idea.

Speaking of ideas, I think some of you will be unhappy if the Vikings choose to go with some of these players.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/08/23/position-battles-minnesota-vikings/

Post #: 6710
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 8:21:57 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Something to read. Very quiet here.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/08/23/5-things-watch-minnesota-vikings-2019-cardinals/

Post #: 6711
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 9:27:51 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

I like your idea.

Speaking of ideas, I think some of you will be unhappy if the Vikings choose to go with some of these players.

Nope. No unhappiness here.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6712
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 10:14:46 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I like your idea.

Manion over Sloter? Abdullah over Boone?

Post #: 6713
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 10:21:33 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I like your idea.

Manion over Sloter? Abdullah over Boone?

Doesn't bother me. I know that's unpopular. I would mildly prefer Sloter to Manion, but not enough to get my undies in a bunch. I like Abdullah over Boone. Abdullah is a proven return man.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/23/2019 10:28:21 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6714
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 11:01:18 AM   
Ricky J

Lynn on another thread:

Okay. I'm looking just around the corner and yep ... there's the end of my rope.

Locked.

ha ha - thanks for the laugh!
Post #: 6715
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 11:17:53 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Lynn on another thread:

Okay. I'm looking just around the corner and yep ... there's the end of my rope.

Locked.

I'm wondering when we will start having big returns and not give up big returns. The problem is gone. Right??
Post #: 6716
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 11:40:57 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Lynn on another thread:

Locked.

I'm wondering when we will start having big returns and not give up big returns. The problem is gone. Right??

Not even going to wait for the first game are you? Ok fine. Cleveland kickers have already missed two FGs and and extra point.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6717
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 1:05:23 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

Lynn on another thread:

Locked.

Not even going to wait for the first game are you? Ok fine. Cleveland kickers have already missed two FGs and and extra point.

And Daniel Carlson is 4/4.
Post #: 6718
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 4:00:06 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lynn on another thread:

Locked.

And Daniel Carlson is 4/4.

Carlson is probably one of the 5 best Ks in the league.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6719
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 8:54:46 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://climbingthepocket.com/2019/08/23/ifeadi-odenigbo-preseason-standout/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Post #: 6720
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 9:17:47 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I would think Kearse would be a good player to have when the opposing offense goes into hurry up mode.

https://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/2019/08/kearses-growth-gives-vikings-unique-hybrid-weapon-on-defense/

Post #: 6721
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/23/2019 10:40:18 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lynn on another thread:

Locked.

Post #: 6722
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 3:48:07 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Man, Jarrad Davis and Frank Ragnow both left with injuries for the Lions. It's so risky to have your starters play extended time in the preseason. One was non-contact, the other occurred after getting an ankle rolled in a pile.

Daniel House on Twitter

Post #: 6723
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 6:17:40 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

I like your idea.

Their choice of G battle is a bit puzzling. Kline was paid starter money and has performed well up to this point.

Should have been Elflain vs Jones

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6724
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 7:26:53 AM   
odin

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/23/bill-belichick-jarrett-stidham-does-a-good-job-has-a-lot-of-room-to-improve/#comments

TL/DR version: BB replaced 12 w/ the rookie because he'd seen Hoyer play a lot over the year plus the following thought: BB said: "So, it’s hard to compare one quarterback in one system to a quarterback in a completely different system, but in our case we have three quarterbacks all in the same system. It’s an obvious comparison. He’s getting better. I think he (the rookie, Stidham) does a good job, but there’s room for improvement, certainly.”

Hopefully, this will influence Zimmer to consider taking a longer look at Sloter today.
Post #: 6725
Page:   <<   < prev  267 268 [269] 270 271   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  267 268 [269] 270 271   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode