Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 6:56:05 PM   
geoffrey greitzer

I'll take Mularky and Grimm
Post #: 2026
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 6:56:07 PM   
Bruce Johnson

What the Vikings lack on defense is the ability to turn the ball over. A defense with as many sacks as we had should have more turnovers.

What they lack on offense is having a more mobile quarterback who can create plays out of nothing. That being the case, it's imperative that we fix the offensive line.

It's interesting to me that arguably the two best defenses (Ravens and Bears) lost yesterday. (at home!) Football is still a team sport, but the most important position by far is the quarterback.

A mentally tough team rises to the occasion and wins games at the end of the game and unites through adversity because they still believe they will win. There seemed to be too much internal turmoil for my blood. Even Adam Thielen was involved. On defense, another team leader, Everson Griffen, lost his composure. I hope that new team leaders can emerge. This season just feels like we were off. The energy level was not right. It was there for everyone to see.

There will be some big changes during the off-season.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2027
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 6:56:07 PM   
Rob Viking

It may have backfired but the Bears are a young team that wanted to get into the playoffs on a high. Similar to 2015 when we beat the Pack in Lambeau, sure it was for the division but we drew a tougher team in Seattle (back to back NFC Champs) rather than the Cousins led Redskins. Strange both games ended in a similar fashion. Much like the Bears screaming they could have done damage I remember thinking the Vikes could have gone into Az and won, I doubt they could have taken down the Panthers the following week however.
Post #: 2028
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 6:57:40 PM   
GopherFan34

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think Carl Lee was a very solid CB. But Doleman, Millard, Thomas and Noga made his job a lot easier.

It was a different era. You seem to be missing the whole point of the argument.

Somebody in here catch him up. I've obviously failed to do so on three attempts.

Nobody is going to back you.

Who makes the Bears the great defense they are? Hicks and Mack or Amukamara and Fuller

Who has lead the resurgence of the Dallas defense? Lawrence and the LBs or the secondary

Philly defense goes as their DLine goes.

Bosa and Ingram top dogs for Chargers, although Safety Derwin James might be the last piece to that puzzle.

Again, just because you don't know much about the corners on those teams doesn't mean they aren't great corners. The problem with people like you is that you spend too much time listening to the announcers, who are lazy and often times just read the stat lines. With a defensive lineman, there is a tangible stat that allows for the lazy to be elevated to super star status in the eyes of the fans. With corners, they are great when you never hear their names called.

Michael Davis and Casey Hayward are both very good with the Chargers. Fuller and Amukamara blanketed Thielen and Diggs all day two weeks ago. And like I said last week, the Bears were good before Mack showed up, with Hicks being a mediocre defensive tackle before he showed up to play with the Bears. Now that he's got good corners, he's suddenly gone from relative obscurity to a pro bowler.

As for people backing me, I could care less. If everyone wants to be wrong, have at it.

Good corners are helping Hicks throw interior lineman into the legs of the QB all game long.

I get that you have to stay with your saying "Defense starts at the corners" but you are getting ridiculous.

Yes, they are. Because he has more time to do his thing. Guys aren't open.

Bears corners were able to sit on routes because their pass rush was causing early release's by the QB. Not rocket science.
Post #: 2029
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 6:57:42 PM   
ronhextall

Philly winning it all again would make for great theatre with Wentz.

Mahomes is fun to watch.

I really hope New England isn’t even in AFC title game.
Post #: 2030
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 7:00:56 PM   
Rob Viking

I am happy with the Colts, Chiefs or Chargers in the AFC.

Eagles - The arrogance of their fans and the fact they've knocked us out too many times.

Rams - I don't like Goff or Suh, tried to overpay for a dreamteam.

Saints - Can't stand them for bountygate.

Cowboys - I am in the minority, but I like the Cowboys, my dad's a fan and I have no qualms with them since Irvin and the like are long gone. Plus as an OSU fan, I can always root for Zeke Elliott.
Post #: 2031
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 7:01:30 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think Carl Lee was a very solid CB. But Doleman, Millard, Thomas and Noga made his job a lot easier.

Somebody in here catch him up. I've obviously failed to do so on three attempts.

Who makes the Bears the great defense they are? Hicks and Mack or Amukamara and Fuller

Who has lead the resurgence of the Dallas defense? Lawrence and the LBs or the secondary

Bosa and Ingram top dogs for Chargers, although Safety Derwin James might be the last piece to that puzzle.

Again, just because you don't know much about the corners on those teams doesn't mean they aren't great corners. The problem with people like you is that you spend too much time listening to the announcers, who are lazy and often times just read the stat lines. With a defensive lineman, there is a tangible stat that allows for the lazy to be elevated to super star status in the eyes of the fans. With corners, they are great when you never hear their names called.

Michael Davis and Casey Hayward are both very good with the Chargers. Fuller and Amukamara blanketed Thielen and Diggs all day two weeks ago. And like I said last week, the Bears were good before Mack showed up, with Hicks being a mediocre defensive tackle before he showed up to play with the Bears. Now that he's got good corners, he's suddenly gone from relative obscurity to a pro bowler.

As for people backing me, I could care less. If everyone wants to be wrong, have at it.

No. They had safety help deep and 3 great coverage LBs helping them out.

Why? Because they only had to rush 4 to get immediate pressure on Cousins.

I'll give you Casey Hayward as an equal to Bosa and Ingram but that is about it.
Post #: 2032
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 7:03:18 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Philly winning it all again would make for great theatre with Wentz.

Mahomes is fun to watch.

I really hope New England isn’t even in AFC title game.

Would be something. I will say I will be rooting for Foles to spoil the party in New Orleans.

I would also like to see Rivers beat Brees in the SB as well.
Post #: 2033
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 7:03:35 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good corners are helping Hicks throw interior lineman into the legs of the QB all game long.

I get that you have to stay with your saying "Defense starts at the corners" but you are getting ridiculous.

Bears corners were able to sit on routes because their pass rush was causing early release's by the QB. Not rocket science.

Thank you.
Post #: 2034
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 7:05:54 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You have to take into consideration that watching Pac12 football doesn't help a person understand defense.
Post #: 2035
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 7:23:33 PM   
Ricky J

Chris Myers

@The_ChrisMyers
Follow Follow @The_ChrisMyers

#Vikings would be wise to hire Dirk Koetter as their offensive coordinator .. has proved he can put up the numbers and I think his personality is a good fit for Zimmer and Cousins! #NFL
Post #: 2036
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 7:31:46 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Chris Myers

@The_ChrisMyers

#Vikings would be wise to hire Dirk Koetter as their offensive coordinator .. has proved he can put up the numbers and I think his personality is a good fit for Zimmer and Cousins! #NFL

Koetter and Grimm
Post #: 2037
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 7:40:24 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

Chris Myers

@The_ChrisMyers

Koetter and Grimm

I can get on board with that. No Mularkey!
Post #: 2038
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 7:41:44 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

Chris Myers

@The_ChrisMyers

Koetter and Grimm

I can get on board with that. No Mularkey!

What's the source of the Mularkey possible hire?
Post #: 2039
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 7:44:50 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I think Koetter will be snatched by the Falcons.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2040
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 7:51:06 PM   
Ragnarök

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/1/7/18173035/minnesota-vikings-offensive-coordinator-who-ya-got-so-far
Post #: 2041
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 8:02:56 PM   
Ragnarök

I wonder if Working with a stubborn, meddling HC who is a lame duck final year guy would inhibit interests or would the future OC candidate see a chance to turn around head case but very talented Cousins and have a shot at being next HC himself?
Post #: 2042
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 9:14:19 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

What the Vikings lack on defense is the ability to turn the ball over. A defense with as many sacks as we had should have more turnovers.

What they lack on offense is having a more mobile quarterback who can create plays out of nothing. That being the case, it's imperative that we fix the offensive line.

It's interesting to me that arguably the two best defenses (Ravens and Bears) lost yesterday. (at home!) Football is still a team sport, but the most important position by far is the quarterback.

A mentally tough team rises to the occasion and wins games at the end of the game and unites through adversity because they still believe they will win. There seemed to be too much internal turmoil for my blood. Even Adam Thielen was involved. On defense, another team leader, Everson Griffen, lost his composure. I hope that new team leaders can emerge. This season just feels like we were off. The energy level was not right. It was there for everyone to see.

There will be some big changes during the off-season.

Yep per....the main reason they drafted Hughes in 2018....ball hawk.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2043
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 9:24:25 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Kills me..

“Everson Griffen lost his composure “...

All anyone knows is what they have been told..

“Mental toughness”

Lol, like you have been tested and have the authority to judge..

It’s not “composure” or a lack Thereof, that causes or prevents situations like that from happening.

Just admit you want to be politically correct, but all self righteously judgemental and be honest and done with it.

FFS

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 1/7/2019 9:26:17 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2044
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 9:29:39 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

I wonder if Working with a stubborn, meddling HC who is a lame duck final year guy would inhibit interests or would the future OC candidate see a chance to turn around head case but very talented Cousins and have a shot at being next HC himself?

Yes, if we bring in Machiavelli.

Otherwise, whatever OC comes in here will look forward to having a very good QB, very good skill players at WR, and RB ... and a top notch defense.
Post #: 2045
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 9:54:07 PM   
marty

The Vikings look uninspired when the games count, that is the head coach.

I wonder what Barr would play like with a head coach that lit his fire. I wish this would happen with the Vikings, but think it will probably be with another team.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2046
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 10:04:32 PM   
ronhextall

The Vikings need to go 0-16 in 2020 so they can draft Clemson QB.
Post #: 2047
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 10:08:18 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Quitter.
Post #: 2048
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 10:08:42 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

The Vikings look uninspired when the games count, that is the head coach.

I agree.

He and Speilman are likely working for their lives next year.

Analysis and Speculation on the problems will not matter. Win big or they are done.
Post #: 2049
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/7/2019 10:09:37 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Quitter.

I could live with 0-16 after a 2019 Super Bowl season.
Post #: 2050
Page:   <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode