Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:40:57 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

STOP blaming Cousins guys! Damn....did he suck, yeap. Did the entire offense? Yeap. Did it suck during EVERY possible big game we play? Pretty much. The whole team has been shit under Zimmer on the big stage. His D didn't seem to even care, again, when we needed them most. This wasn't even a healthy (who pretty much are mediocre when they are) healthy Bears offense. We should have dominated them on D no matter what our O/ST's were doing. We didn't.

No sacks, no pressure, sit back and 'feel the game out' type D. We didn't attack when it was all on us. This is a game where we needed to have our D win one for us. They didn't, in fact, they were pedestrian. That's on Zimmer and the scheme going in.

I'm sorry but there is something mentally wrong with Zimmer. He is very similar to Marvin Lewis. Get the connection? There is something fundamentally wrong with these guys and the way the NFL has gone.

POTY

Agreed. It's like Jeff is reading my mind!
Post #: 676
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:41:47 PM   
Jeff Jesser

It sucks. I really like a lot of things about Zimmer but the game has changed and he's not willing to. It's unreal. You fire a guy because he doesn't fit your style, ok, fine.

The D, that you have total control of to continually let you down when the team needs you most, wow. This isn't the first. There's a pattern. Aikman nailed it but i'm listening to the post game and Zimmer is ok, O was the problem. It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.
Post #: 677
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:43:10 PM   
David Levine

quote:

It sucks. I really like a lot of things about Zimmer but the game has changed and he's not willing to. It's unreal. You fire a guy because he doesn't fit your style, ok, fine.

The D, that you have total control of to continually let you down when the team needs you most, wow. This isn't the first. There's a pattern. Aikman nailed it but i'm listening to the post game and Zimmer is ok, O was the problem. It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Stefanski is no different than Flip. He just got to coach against Miami.
Post #: 678
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:43:38 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I predict the team is in total chaos next year before he finally gets shown the door. These guys aren't buying the BS tough guy routine anymore.
Post #: 679
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:43:46 PM   
Viking Rich

quote:

STOP blaming Cousins guys! Damn....did he suck, yeap. Did the entire offense? Yeap. Did it suck during EVERY possible big game we play? Pretty much. The whole team has been shit under Zimmer on the big stage. His D didn't seem to even care, again, when we needed them most. This wasn't even a healthy (who pretty much are mediocre when they are) healthy Bears offense. We should have dominated them on D no matter what our O/ST's were doing. We didn't.

No sacks, no pressure, sit back and 'feel the game out' type D. We didn't attack when it was all on us. This is a game where we needed to have our D win one for us. They didn't, in fact, they were pedestrian. That's on Zimmer and the scheme going in.

I'm sorry but there is something mentally wrong with Zimmer. He is very similar to Marvin Lewis. Get the connection? There is something fundamentally wrong with these guys and the way the NFL has gone.

That's how I feel. Cousins is not the best QB, but you can win with him.

Marvin Lewis has been with Cincy now for 15 years. Fifteen years, no Super Bowl?

Zimmer , 5 years...no Super Bowl. Time to go.

History Shows Us That if a Head Coach Does Not Win a Super Bowl Within 5 Years of His Hire, He Never Will.

Mike Zimmer Just Completed Year Five...
Post #: 680
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:46:18 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

We have a touchy head case for a QB

and a Staunch old dickhead for a HC

will never flourish on any level

I'm a Cousins guy but even I can see hes got something mental going on.

It's called battle fatigue. This poopshow offensive line has him ducking and chucking instead of playing quarterback.

Well until we get a new coaching philosophy I dont see anything changing. The Wilfs probably let it ride next season. I personally would love to see an innovator take his place.

The fans need to quit forking out huge money supporting this shit team. Sold out seats will not encourage the Wilds to fire RS, something they should have done before they moved into the new stadium.

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 681
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:47:09 PM   
odin

It was like dying by paper cuts, painful to watch them lose playing scared without even trying to do great things. Coaching was so passive and uninspired, big changes need to be made.
Post #: 682
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:48:13 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Totally. It was a hail mary move that didn't work. Still, where's this "great" D when we need them? They are great when there is no pressure. When the game is big, they wilt. That's on the head cheese. This is hard for me to type because I love things Zimmer does. He shows that this D can dominate but when we need them most he turtles. I just don't get it. It's maddening.

It's one thing when Denny's D couldn't hang because they didn't have the talent. You hoped, but knew how it would turn out. This D DOES and doesn't show it when needed.
Post #: 683
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:50:25 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Totally. It was a hail mary move that didn't work. Still, where's this "great" D when we need them? They are great when there is no pressure. When the game is big, they wilt. That's on the head cheese. This is hard for me to type because I love things Zimmer does. He shows that this D can dominate but when we need them most he turtles. I just don't get it. It's maddening.

It's one thing when Denny's D couldn't hang because they didn't have the talent. You hoped, but knew how it would turn out. This D DOES and doesn't show it when needed.

Bingo! I've been seeing it for a while. Hes a get less with more guy and always has been. Case should be knighted for leading a team directed by this guy to the NFC game. It will never come close to happening again for him.
Post #: 684
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:50:38 PM   
marty

Agreed on coaching, it just feels like the other team is faster, and has players making great 2nd efforts on plays.

I agree with firing Zimmer and starting over.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 685
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:50:46 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

Sure Cousins has sucked.

But the offensive play calling has sucked, and Remmers and Compton have given him no time.

We have a coach who still wants to operate the team out of the stone age, and thinks drafting for offense is an afterthought.

He has no imagination, and at some point, you have to quit blaming offensive coordinators.

Time to call it out. Zimmer should be shown the door.

My signature line says it all.

Agreed

This goes beyond Remmers and Compton.

D was VERY passive today.

Zimmer's game management is embarrassing and his team's readiness in big games is putrid.

Spiels also culpable, of course, for the O-line woes.

But really, Zim is Head man in charge; He allowed Tread back out there? Why?

Not trying Dora and Jones over Remmers and Compton?

Gedeon? WTF?

Agree with Jesser on Free play being a microcosm of how dumb we play, just not smart football!

O-Line or bust.
Fix it Spielman!!
Post #: 686
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:54:18 PM   
Viking Rich

Think the offense turtles up?

I think the D does as well.

Zimmer runs his basic sets all the time, not countering the opposition offense. He doesn't even run the Double A gap anymore.

He thinks interceptions don't matter. He thinks sacks don't matter.

Should have made Trubiski and Nagy pay. Blitz the shit out of him. MAKE THEM PULL THE STARTERS

History Shows Us That if a Head Coach Does Not Win a Super Bowl Within 5 Years of His Hire, He Never Will.

Mike Zimmer Just Completed Year Five...
Post #: 687
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:55:02 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Zimmer runs his basic sets all the time, not countering the opposition offense. He doesn't even run the Double A gap anymore.

Should have made Trubiski and Nagy pay. Blitz the shit out of him. MAKE THEM PULL THE STARTERS

When will enough be enough for Wilf? That's the question.
Post #: 688
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:55:54 PM   
ronhextall

Sexy Super Bowl pick ends season without a good win.

That’s bad.
Post #: 689
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:56:11 PM   
Todd M

quote:

It's criminal. Our house, our vaunted DL, our everything on the line. And virtually nothing.

Waking up.
Post #: 690
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:57:39 PM   
ronhextall

Send 7 guys at Trubisky if you need to. Hammer his ass and no sane coach would leave him in.
Post #: 691
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:58:49 PM   
marty

Cousins had an OL in Washington, still didn't win a playoff game.

I was hoping it was because the defenses were so poor in Washington, that with a good D like Minnesota, he might only have to make a few good plays against a good team, and come out with a win.

I now think it was a mistake to sign Cousins, he is NOT a Troy Aikmann, he is more like a Tony Romo. He doesn't fire it in the middle accurately like Aikmann, nor make the big, accurate throws with the game on the line.

Fix the OL, and the ceiling with Cousins is a NFC Championship loss.

Draft a QB, try Sloter for now. Trade Cousins for a 3rd rounder, take the salary loss, dump Siemian.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 692
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 6:59:36 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Send 7 guys at Trubisky if you need to. Hammer his ass and no sane coach would leave him in.

He doesn't coach turnovers. Need we say more?
Post #: 693
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:00:15 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

It's criminal. Our house, our vaunted DL, our everything on the line. And virtually nothing.

We didn't blitz. Kept two safeties high all game and then the safeties were no where to be found.

WTF

They ran at us all day. Just like everyone outside of Eden Prairie knew they would.

Run blitz on your way to Trubisky.

What did we get instead? A gutless performance.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 694
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:00:39 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

I predict the team is in total chaos next year before he finally gets shown the door. These guys aren't buying the BS tough guy routine anymore.

That would be a huge mistake by the Wilf's. They need to read the tea leaves and make a move now.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 695
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:02:25 PM   
marty

Give it a rest. At least be firm in your damn sway

I am consistent in this Todd, they don't 'sway' it by favoring the favored team the entire game, that is too obvious. Lately, they give one team biased calls the 1st have, then favor the favored team the 2nd half, or at least for sure the 4th quarter.

The Vikings pretty much had the refs the 2nd half, the Vikes just didn't make the plays.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 696
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:05:58 PM   
Brad H

I'm thinking it may be time to turn the page on Zimmer.

The General Manager has to go. Period. How they could pay that kind of money to Kirk Cousins is beyond me.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/30/2018 7:07:01 PM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 697
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:06:12 PM   
odin

A lot of the players looked like "learned helplessness" has set in. They know they can't overcome being so severely outcoached in big games and just went through the motions while they were still technically in the game.
Post #: 698
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:06:34 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Give it a rest. At least be firm in your damn sway

I am consistent in this Todd, they don't 'sway' it by favoring the favored team the entire game, that is too obvious. Lately, they give one team biased calls the 1st have, then favor the favored team the 2nd half, or at least for sure the 4th quarter.

The Vikings pretty much had the refs the 2nd half, the Vikes just didn't make the plays.

And what exactly is the purpose of this sway?

And how has a conspiracy that is SO BIG never come out?
Post #: 699
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:06:59 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

I'm thinking it may be time to turn the page on Zimmer.

Welcome to the rest of us.
Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode