Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT Page: <<   < prev  26 27 28 [29] 30   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:08:14 PM   
Brad H

They were doomed on the first set of downs. Pass, pass, pass, punt. Did they not learn anything over the past 15 weeks?

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 701
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:09:10 PM   
Brad H

I know it sounds repetitive, but they may want to think about addressing the offensive line and drafting more corners. Trae Waynes is just a bad football player.

Post #: 702
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:10:01 PM   
Brad H

Another big game.....another game where the Sunglasses salesman is nowhere to be found. Shut down by great corners.

Post #: 703
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:12:09 PM   
Brad H

We may have the worst guards in the league.

Post #: 704
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:14:33 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Welcome back Brad. Actually miss your input. I'm sure before I get done typing this it'll get lost in the "piss off" posts but don't troll on AT. it was a loss man, take it. He was about the 99'th thing we could bitch at. You made other good points but this one will get attacked.
Post #: 705
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:14:52 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Send 7 guys at Trubisky if you need to. Hammer his ass and no sane coach would leave him in.

We played so passive.

No BALLS!

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 706
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:15:38 PM   
Jeff Jesser

BTW- I mean "a loss" as in you, you underestimated AT. Not the games.
Post #: 707
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:16:42 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

Send 7 guys at Trubisky if you need to. Hammer his ass and no sane coach would leave him in.

We played so passive.

No BALLS!

That's how we roll in big games. It's unreal. When we play 'normal games' we're pretty dominant. This predates Cousins BTW.
Post #: 708
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:17:02 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Cousins had an OL in Washington, still didn't win a playoff game.

I was hoping it was because the defenses were so poor in Washington, that with a good D like Minnesota, he might only have to make a few good plays against a good team, and come out with a win.

I now think it was a mistake to sign Cousins, he is NOT a Troy Aikmann, he is more like a Tony Romo. He doesn't fire it in the middle accurately like Aikmann, nor make the big, accurate throws with the game on the line.

Fix the OL, and the ceiling with Cousins is a NFC Championship loss.

Draft a QB, try Sloter for now. Trade Cousins for a 3rd rounder, take the salary loss, dump Siemian.

--twinsfan
Post #: 709
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:17:20 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Welcome back Brad. Actually miss your input. I'm sure before I get done typing this it'll get lost in the "piss off" posts but don't troll on AT. it was a loss man, take it. He was about the 99'th thing we could bitch at. You made other good points but this one will get attacked.

Just sayin. Good corners. No Thielen.

Great players are supposed to show up in big games. That's what makes them great.

Eagles NFC Title Game: 3 catches, 28 yards
Bears 2018 Final Game: 3 catches, 38 yards

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/30/2018 7:21:26 PM >

Post #: 710
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:18:06 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Points that real Viking fans have made many times before.
Post #: 711
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:21:22 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

We played so passive.

No BALLS!

That's how we roll in big games. It's unreal. When we play 'normal games' we're pretty dominant. This predates Cousins BTW.

Zimmer is a BETA who acts like an ALPHA against other BETA's but turtles against ALPHA's.

--twinsfan
Post #: 712
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:24:02 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Stop with this "upgrade the OLine" crap. This is a head down problem. The defense sucked ass again today along with the offense. There needs to be a wholesale change here.

Jeff... and the rest of you bitching about coaching.... especially Zimmer.

Is it so hard to admit, as proven by two games against the same team, that not only was this a team loss, but the bears are a better team than the Vikings, this year, all across the board.

Adding Khalil Mack was genius, drafting Trubinski was brilliant.

The only thing I might agree on as far as management decisions goes is that Spielman needed to address the OL, not corner and running bacbacks, not linebackers not DE or UT, not wr... Guards and tackles... i am done with Spielman as GM , but that is a disappointing season talking..

whoever the idiot is that tells Zimmer when to throw a challenge flag needs to be taken out to the nearest parking lot and run over repeatedly with a truck.. starting at the ankles and ending at the knees.. back and forth, back and forth. .....

We got out coached and out played, yes that is on Zimmer, but if you blow it all up.. start naming names..

I’d go with Shurmer as head coach..

"Thou shall not bear false witness"
There will be hell to pay.
Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the “M” is silent.......
Post #: 713
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:25:53 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Pretty sure he's under contract next year...
Post #: 714
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:26:41 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

Great players are supposed to show up in big games. That's what makes them great.

What catch did he not make that he should have? Dude catches everything. Our O sucked, agree. Blame pretty much everyone but damn, lets call a spade a spade.

Reasons we suck on O:

1. Oline
2. Zimmer's input
3. Cousins jitters
4. play calling (which could be #3)
5. LT
6. LG
7. C
8. RG
9. RT
10. Zimmer
11. Zimmer
ect........
Post #: 715
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:31:35 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

What catch did he not make that he should have? Dude catches everything. Our O sucked, agree. Blame pretty much everyone but damn, lets call a spade a spade.

Reasons we suck on O:

1. Oline
2. Zimmer's input
3. Cousins jitters
4. play calling (which could be #3)
5. LT
6. LG
7. C
8. RG
9. RT
10. Zimmer
11. Zimmer
ect........

He couldn't get open when it mattered. Same with the Eagles game.

I agree that he isn't one of our biggest problems on offense. But if he's as great of a player as everyone in here thinks, he may want to start showing up in big games. That's what makes a guy a great player. Not catching 110 balls when it doesn't matter. Right now, he's like the guy who hits home runs when the score is 11-1, but strikes out when the game is on the line.

Post #: 716
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:32:58 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I’m going to find other things to do for a few weeks.. this off-season is gonna suck.

It will be Judy Porter suck bad...

"Thou shall not bear false witness"
There will be hell to pay.
Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the “M” is silent.......
Post #: 717
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:33:43 PM   
marty

David, the purpose of 'sways' is to make the games unpredictable, which is probably for intrigue and so betting isn't too easy.

Sometimes refs seem to favor certain teams, or have a desired result. Either they want a certain result, or maybe some teams are just more likeable, the players are more likeable.

I really don't know for sure, am just trying to ascertain why there appears to be extreme bias at times, it could just be messed up rules, rules interpreted in so many ways by so many people, or there could be desired results certain times.

'Sway' is just speculation. I think it's too hard to fix a game, but there are plenty of people on YouTube presenting visual evidence that there might be something up with officiating.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 718
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:34:26 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

Stop with this "upgrade the OLine" crap. This is a head down problem. The defense sucked ass again today along with the offense. There needs to be a wholesale change here.

Is it so hard to admit, as proven by two games against the same team, that not only was this a team loss, but the bears are a better team than the Vikings, this year, all across the board.

The only thing I might agree on as far as management decisions goes is that Spielman needed to address the OL, not corner and running bacbacks, not linebackers not DE or UT, not wr... Guards and tackles... i am done with Spielman as GM , but that is a disappointing season talking..

whoever the idiot is that tells Zimmer when to throw a challenge flag needs to be taken out to the nearest parking lot and run over repeatedly with a truck.. starting at the ankles and ending at the knees.. back and forth, back and forth. .....

We got out coached and out played, yes that is on Zimmer, but if you blow it all up.. start naming names..

But where does it start dude? It wasn't like we came out on fire and got beat. We do what we always seem to do (on D, in particular). We came out "trying to figure them out" and we sucked. Why not dictate? We've done it and been really good. When Zimmer goes passive, we lose. It' a pattern that I can't let go anymore.

I'm ok if you get outplayed by a better team. We came out scared and beat ourselves. We've been that way since Zimmer took over.
Post #: 719
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:34:32 PM   
Brad H

Can someone explain to me why Aldrick Robinson is getting so many balls thrown his way these days? He may be the only guy in the league that looks slower than Treadwell.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/30/2018 7:35:41 PM >

Post #: 720
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:35:51 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

I’m going to find other things to do for a few weeks.. this off-season is gonna suck.

It will be Judy Porter suck bad...

You go it man. Be safe!
Post #: 721
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:35:53 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Can someone explain to me why Aldrick Robinson is getting so many balls thrown his way these days? He may be the only guy in the receiving corps that looks slower than Treadwell.

Because we only have two viable WRs on the team and no modern TE.
Post #: 722
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:36:24 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

But where does it start dude? It wasn't like we came out on fire and got beat. We do what we always seem to do (on D, in particular). We came out "trying to figure them out" and we sucked. Why not dictate? We've done it and been really good. When Zimmer goes passive, we lose. It' a pattern that I can't let go anymore.

I'm ok if you get outplayed by a better team. We came out scared and beat ourselves. We've been that way since Zimmer took over.

Chicago has a mobile quarterback. We may want to start thinking about going in that direction. For all his warts, Case Keenum made plays with his feet. Cousins almost never makes a play with his feet. If you have a bad offensive line, you can't double down with an immobile quarterback.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/30/2018 7:38:07 PM >

Post #: 723
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:37:20 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

David, the purpose of 'sways' is to make the games unpredictable, which is probably for intrigue and so betting isn't too easy.

Sometimes refs seem to favor certain teams, or have a desired result. Either they want a certain result, or maybe some teams are just more likeable, the players are more likeable.

I really don't know for sure, am just trying to ascertain why there appears to be extreme bias at times, it could just be messed up rules, rules interpreted in so many ways by so many people, or there could be desired results certain times.

'Sway' is just speculation. I think it's too hard to fix a game, but there are plenty of people on YouTube presenting visual evidence that there might be something up with officiating.

Its human error.

Being at field level and watching the game happen in real time isn't as easy as sitting on your sofa with multiple views.

The refs aren't great, it should be a full-time year-round job, but it is a really difficult job.
Post #: 724
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:39:07 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chicago has a mobile quarterback. We may want to start thinking about going in that direction. For all his warts, Case Keenum made plays with his feet. Cousins almost never makes a play with his feet.

Or, you know, get a couple NFL quality players on the line and design an offense around your QB's strengths.

You were the first person on the Cousins bandwagon - years ago even. And I don't think you were wrong.
Post #: 725
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 28 [29] 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT Page: <<   < prev  26 27 28 [29] 30   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode