Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: THE 2019 NFCCG

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: THE 2019 NFCCG Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE 2019 NFCCG - 1/21/2019 7:40:53 PM   
marty

It didn't take away the win for the Saints.

It took away a likely Saints win, and put themselves in a position to have to earn it, with the other team having a slight advantage at that point.

The Saints still blew it, and the Rams earned it.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 76
RE: THE 2019 NFCCG - 1/22/2019 11:00:34 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

You get no points for talking a big game about seeing the big picture of what the totality of what every play/call equates to...

You CAN simply look at that one blow call as legitimately taking the W away from the Saints. Legitimate to whatever success rate a chip shot FG is.

That call contributed to it significantly, but there were plenty of noncalls on the Saints defenders grabbing and hitting facemasks as well that could have changed the outcome of the game. There were missed opportunities by the Saints to go up big early but they settled for Field Goals. They Had the opportunity after that bad call to stop the Rams from marching right down the field with about a minute and a half left in the game to get into position to tie. In OT they won the toss, threw an INT and again let the Rams March into game winning FG position...and surprise against one of the better kickers in the league, they lost.

Yes, it was a bad call. But you can't blame it all on the refs. Saints had plenty of opportunities to win that game. They blew it as much as the refs did

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 77
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: THE 2019 NFCCG Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode