Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2019 NFL Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2019 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 4:42:52 PM   
David Levine

I think Marty has idolized Brad for some time, and since Brad dislikes Waynes...
Post #: 626
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 6:44:20 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Hagar, I realize you know very little about the Packers, that is why I was filling you in.

Apparently you also don't realize the importance of getting rid of your team's greatest weakness, and how that can help lead to a SB victory. Well I have seen it with the Packers, and getting rid of Buckley, and adding a few pieces like Sean Jones, Keith Jackson, Andre Rison, and replacing their LT midseason, was also important towards getting them a SB victory.

I have watched enough of Waynes, and although he played better last year, I think it will likely improve the team if they get rid of him.

WOW, two consecutive posts about your beloved pack winning a SB... this time under the guise of cutting Waynes!

Masterful! The cheeseheads rejoice!
Post #: 627
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 7:35:06 PM   
marty

I know about the Pack because I live in Wisconsin. I would provide the same example from any Super Bowl winning team that got rid of a weakness, and went on to win a SB, if I lived in another State that had a SB winner, or if I paid close attention to another team

I hope through Viking fans seeing the light, it will by osmosis, filter it's way up to Vikings management to do the right thing and trade Wayne's.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 628
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 7:54:42 PM   
marty

Brad realizes Waynes is a weakness, the rest of you are homers that don't realize Waynes is likely to play a role in a playoff loss, should they keep him.

Hughes is already better than Waynes. Hill will probably pass up Waynes this next season. Rhodes is better than Waynes, Rhodes just had an off year. I am not sure about McKenzie.

Hughes and Rhodes need to stay healthy, and Hill needs to stay off the weed. They can draft a CB in the 1st round that will probably pass up Waynes in about 6 games, or draft one in the 3rd or 4th round that can pass him up in about a year. Plenty of options.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 629
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 7:57:48 PM   
hagar

quote:

Hagar, I realize you know very little about the Packers, that is why I was filling you in.

Apparently you also don't realize the importance of getting rid of your team's greatest weakness, and how that can help lead to a SB victory. Well I have seen it with the Packers, and getting rid of Buckley, and adding a few pieces like Sean Jones, Keith Jackson, Andre Rison, and replacing their LT midseason, was also important towards getting them a SB victory.

I have watched enough of Waynes, and although he played better last year, I think it will likely improve the team if they get rid of him.

Apparently you don't realize that Waynes is way down towards the bottom of the list
of our team's greatest weakness. Getting rid of your team's best corner from last year
is not how you improve your team unless you recieve a player of equal or better talent
in return. Obviously, we don't agree on this and that's OK, I will vigorously defend your
right to be as wrong as you want.
Post #: 630
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 8:01:46 PM   
marty

I see Waynes as higher on the list, though OL and Cousins are a concern.

I agree that it's fine if we disagree, I will be quite happy to be proven wrong if they keep Waynes, and he follows up with another strong season, and strong post season play, should they make the playoffs.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 631
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 8:01:52 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Getting rid of a player only makes the team better if the replacement plays better. There is no guarantee that there is anyone on this roster that can replace his production. He's not nearly our greatest weakness either.

Post #: 632
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 8:04:32 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Getting rid of a player only makes the team better if the replacement plays better. There is no guarantee that there is anyone on this roster that can replace his production. He's not nearly our greatest weakness either.

He is not a weakness at all. This notion that he would addition by subtraction is just pure nonsense.

Post #: 633
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 8:46:09 PM   
David Levine

quote:

I know about the Pack because I live in Wisconsin. I would provide the same example from any Super Bowl winning team that got rid of a weakness, and went on to win a SB, if I lived in another State that had a SB winner, or if I paid close attention to another team

I hope through Viking fans seeing the light, it will by osmosis, filter it's way up to Vikings management to do the right thing and trade Wayne's.

Because no team with Buckley would ever win a Super Bowl....
Post #: 634
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 9:21:06 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Because no team with Buckley would ever win a Super Bowl....

Post #: 635
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 10:37:48 PM   
marty

Probably true, and no team ever won a SB with Buckley, and the same will probably be true with Waynes.

Just like no team ever won a Super Bowl with Christian Ponder, or Matt Kalil, or Jay Cutler, or Josh Freeman, etc ....

And we might say the same some day about Kirk Cousins.

< Message edited by marty -- 3/22/2019 10:39:00 PM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 636
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 10:54:34 PM   
JT2

quote:

Using your logic, you know less about the Vikings.
Post #: 637
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/22/2019 11:12:42 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I could see Waynes going between when the draft finishes night one and starts the 2nd day. Teams at the top of the 2nd round eyeing what's left at CB and weighing that against giving up their 2nd rp for an established player.

I think we'd all be ok with that.

I know that I'm in the minority, but, I hate the thought of getting rid of our best CB.
It was also painful watching Sherels try to fill in at CB last year.

I would love to keep Waynes.

I'm just not sure how you can have 8 defensive players making 10M+ per year.

I hear you and it's what makes this such a shitty scenario for us. I wish we would trade
Rhodes instead though. Waynes has continuously improved while whenever Rhodes
is beat he acts like a sniper shot him in the thigh.

I still think I'd keep Waynes. He had a down year by his standards, but he's a legit Top 5 CB. And there is only a 2 year age difference between the two.

And the dead money from trading X is a huge issue compared to Waynes.

I appreciate this take. If I remember correctly, you weren't big on Waynes. No emotional attachment. See it, say it. Waynes is a very good NFL CB, and I don't think he has hit his ceiling yet.

Rhodes has been a fantastic CB. I would prefer to keep both.
Post #: 638
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/23/2019 12:29:48 AM   
Bruce Johnson

The updated big board is interesting to me.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2826988-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-insider-buzz-from-pro-days-and-latest-big-board

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. (Helen Keller)
Post #: 639
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/23/2019 12:48:55 AM   
David Levine

quote:

Probably true, and no team ever won a SB with Buckley, and the same will probably be true with Waynes.

Just like no team ever won a Super Bowl with Christian Ponder, or Matt Kalil, or Jay Cutler, or Josh Freeman, etc ....

Ummmm.....
Post #: 640
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/23/2019 7:48:02 AM   
Bruce Johnson

It's kind of silly to do a 7 round mock draft, but it's entertaining.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/seven-round-nfl-mock-draft-cowboys-start-with-round-2-defender-patriots-swipe-josh-rosen-bears-land-corner-help/

Post #: 641
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/23/2019 8:56:52 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

Ummmm.....

"Starting at QB". Come on people, you can't argue the facts.
Post #: 642
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/23/2019 9:05:43 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

The updated big board is interesting to me.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2826988-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-insider-buzz-from-pro-days-and-latest-big-board

DT Simmons will be interesting.

He probably won't play until December and probably not 100% then.

Seems like a NE or SEA type of 1st round pick.
Post #: 643
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/23/2019 9:27:02 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

It's kind of silly to do a 7 round mock draft, but it's entertaining.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/seven-round-nfl-mock-draft-cowboys-start-with-round-2-defender-patriots-swipe-josh-rosen-bears-land-corner-help/

I see they have the Pukers taking Cody Ford at #30, in that hypothetical scenario I'd love a trade down to the late 20s, snipe Ford, could earn us late 2nd/early 3rd round draft capital.
Post #: 644
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/23/2019 9:56:10 AM   
marty

I was wrong, should have googled it, my subconscious mind was trying to remind me of Buckley playing for the Patriots, probably just didn't want to remember it, as I had associated his departure from the Pack, as one of the improvements towards their winning the SB,1996.

Well this shows the Vikes could win the SB with Waynes CB, but then again, the Vikes don't have a young Tom Brady at QB, and nor do they have a Belichick at HC. Let's just hope for the best.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 645
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/23/2019 11:38:54 AM   
Murph

quote:

I was wrong, should have googled it, my subconscious mind was trying to remind me of Buckley playing for the Patriots, probably just didn't want to remember it, as I had associated his departure from the Pack, as one of the improvements towards their winning the SB,1996.

Well this shows the Vikes could win the SB with Waynes CB, but then again, the Vikes don't have a young Tom Brady at QB, and nor do they have a Belichick at HC. Let's just hope for the best.

Please, just don't injure yourself Marty

Purple Dynasty!
Post #: 646
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/23/2019 1:07:22 PM   
marty

I won't, that is usually just for someone that either knows his team will lose, or someone that feels underappreciated.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 647
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/23/2019 3:50:39 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Here's a list where about five players are mentioned frequently, but it appears to me that Cody Ford is the most popular choice. That doesn't mean it will happen, but it does mean we will have to study up about Cody Ford in particular before the draft.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/3/23/18278750/2019-minnesota-vikings-mock-draft-database-version-4-0

Post #: 648
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/23/2019 11:07:43 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Vikings should be able to select two of the players on this list.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/move-the-sticks/0ap3000001017296/Daniel-Jeremiah-s-top-50-prospects-for-2019-NFL-Draft

Post #: 649
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 3/24/2019 1:43:56 AM   
bstinger

quote:

Brad realizes Waynes is a weakness, the rest of you are homers that don't realize Waynes is likely to play a role in a playoff loss, should they keep him.

Hughes is already better than Waynes. Hill will probably pass up Waynes this next season. Rhodes is better than Waynes, Rhodes just had an off year. I am not sure about McKenzie.

Hughes and Rhodes need to stay healthy, and Hill needs to stay off the weed. They can draft a CB in the 1st round that will probably pass up Waynes in about 6 games, or draft one in the 3rd or 4th round that can pass him up in about a year. Plenty of options.

Delusion runs deep with this one...

Hill is coming off a serious knee injury. How can you count on him to be effective at all, least of all better than Waynes. Trae isn't all pro, but he plays as well as most CB starters in the league, if not better. If he signs elsewhere next year, which is likely, we will likely net a 3rd rounder. I'd need better than a 3rd rounder this year to let him go, prefer a OL starter like others, unless I'm positive that Hughes and Hill will be better. I think that is an unknown at this juncture. People, not just you, want to dump him for basically nothing. I want a significant return and a very high probability that our 2 promising CB's with significant ????'s will be available and highly productive.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2019 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode