Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Mock Results and Comments Here

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> Mock Results and Comments Here Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mock Results and Comments Here - 4/24/2019 9:56:05 PM   
kgdabom

Cards Kyler Murray QB
49ers Nick Bosa DE
Jets Williams DT
Raiders Josh Allen
Bucs Oliver DT
Giants Haskins QB
Jags Hockenson TE
Lions White LB
Bills Taylor OT
Broncos Lock QB
Bengals Jones QB
Pukers Williams OT
Dolphins Bradbury C
Falcons Dillard OT
Washington Murphy CB
Panthers Ford OG
Giants Sweat DL
Vikings Gary DT
Titans Wilkins DT
Steeler Metcalf WR
Seahawks Ferrell DL
Ravens M. Brown WR
Texans Risner OL
Raiders Jacobs RB
Iggles Greedy CB
Raiders Deandre Baker
Chargers Rock Ya Sin CB
Seahawks Fant TE
Pukers Bush LB
Rams Burns DL
Patriots Smith TE
This is the place to make your comments on the picks. It was A GRIM SITUATION for the Vikings. Did KG screw the pooch taking Gary or did he make the best out of a bad situation. Who was the biggest reach?

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/25/2019 10:46:40 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 10:00:30 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Easy pick for the Vikings now! (or trade!)

I don't see the pick being easy at all. All the best O Line are gone. I don't think we reach for Lindstrom, Risner or Fant. So the Minnesota Vikings with the 18th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft Select ….. Drum Roll...…
Rashan Gary 3 Technique Michigan.
Rashan Gary, DE/DT, Michigan
Rashan Gary is undoubtedly the best athlete available.

Gary is an athletic freak with tremendous upside.

David F and the Tennessee Titans are on the clock.

Yea, but you have Simmons, a top ten talent sitting there. I know the injury concern is there, but in two years, this guy could be a steel at 18.

Gary is an athlete, for sure, but not sure the value is there. Maybe, he could develop in to a monster, but I'm not sure he's a DT, just too many questions for me. I don't want to sound like I am knocking your pick, it's a solid choice by most accounts for a guy who wasn't supposed to be there at 18, just liked Simmons more.

Are you guys not allowing trades?

No trades. Simmons is usually late first or early 2nd round. They say top ten talent. I think Gary could also be a beast and he's healthy now. I'm going to move this to the comments thread just opened.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/24/2019 10:08:30 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 10:06:04 PM   
Dana Turner

Yea, no doubt if the draft falls this way, it will be a tough decision to make. In that case I would be hoping for a trade down four spots to get Lindstrom in front of Houston, and get an extra second day pick. Gary is a solid player, no doubt, and in a no trade situation, you could do a lot worse and did get solid value instead of reaching.

The only reason Simmons isn't a top ten pick on everyone's board is the injury, someone will get him late in the first round and be smiling from ear to ear!
Post #: 3
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 10:09:32 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Yea, no doubt if the draft falls this way, it will be a tough decision to make. In that case I would be hoping for a trade down four spots to get Lindstrom in front of Houston, and get an extra second day pick. Gary is a solid player, no doubt, and in a no trade situation, you could do a lot worse and did get solid value instead of reaching.

The only reason Simmons isn't a top ten pick on everyone's board is the injury, someone will get him late in the first round and be smiling from ear to ear!

I hear he is very good. I just don't want the Vikings to have to wait a year to get anything out of our first round pick.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 10:10:29 PM   
kgdabom

I think our Mock is heavier on O Line than the real one will be. We all got O Line on our brains.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 10:33:51 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

I think our Mock is heavier on O Line than the real one will be. We all got O Line on our brains.

Good point and I think there might have been a pick or two in there just to spite the Vikings, just an opinion
Post #: 6
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 10:48:35 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Good point and I think there might have been a pick or two in there just to spite the Vikings, just an opinion

One of them might be mine having the Packers take Jonah Williams, but I think the Packers really need some OL and the ability to screw the Vikings would be a great tie breaker for them.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 7
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 10:54:31 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Would Gary be a good fit for our d-line? He's kind of a tweener. Where would he play on our line? This one here says he's a 3 technique. I read that he did a 38 in vertical. The guy is an athlete. Some people see him as a DE.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/rashan-gary

Would Wilkins have been a better fit for our team?

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. (Helen Keller)
Post #: 8
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 11:00:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Would Gary be a good fit for our d-line? He's kind of a tweener. Where would he play on our line? This one here says he's a 3 technique. I read that he did a 38 in vertical. The guy is an athlete. Some people see him as a DE.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/rashan-gary

Would Wilkins have been a better fit for our team?

Maybe a better fit, but not close to the same talent level. I'm going to believe he is a 3 technique like they say he is who can also move outside.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 9
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 11:01:13 PM   
kgdabom

He gets a 6.31 rating at NFL.Com which means instant starter. Here is the Analysis By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Round 1
NFL Comparison
Ezekiel Ansah
Overview
Five-star defensive end prospect coming into Michigan who leaves with those same five-star traits and loads of potential but a lack of development in key areas. Gary is a face-up rusher who seems content to hit tackles with bull-rush attempts rather than working the edges. He's explosive out of the blocks and in closing to the quarterback, and is just waiting for hand development and additional rush moves. His size, strength and motor could make him a plus run defender in short order. He has elite potential if a defensive coordinator can harness the energy and focus his approach.
Strengths
Freaky triangle of height, weight and speed
Active and strong with NFL size
Has all the tools to set a strong edge
Forceful into initial contact at point of attack
Good contact balance, thanks to sturdy base
Has disruptive qualities when he bends and plays low
Very good pursuit speed from backside and makes tackles down the field
Fires out of a track stance with energy and twitch
Can make conversion of speed-to-power look easy
Uses long-arm bull-rush to collapse the edge into quarterback
Strong enough to overtake tackles in late phase of the rush
Quick laterally and it shows up on twists
Weaknesses
Production as rusher failed to match traits and talent
Rush plan is somewhat basic at this stage of development
Long-arm bull rush is his only real rush tool
Hands lack skill and have yet to be unlocked as rush weapon
Lacks classic hip bend to dip and run the arc
Runs himself around the pocket rather than working back under
Plays fast but with no regulator for control
Lacks instincts and awareness for misdirections and counters
Tends to lose pad level on inside counters
Doesn't come to balance consistently as open-field tackler

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 10
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 11:38:23 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

He also has that punching a woman on tape thing that will probably cost him some games.
Post #: 11
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 11:42:32 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

He also has that punching a woman on tape thing that will probably cost him some games.

I didn't know about that. I pretty much dismissed him because of the injury. I saw super talented, but the Vikings need help this year.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 12
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 11:43:52 PM   
kgdabom

Interesting picks after the Vikings. Wilkins went with the next pick and I would have taken him for the Vikings if I hadn't taken Gary. A couple of big strong fast WRs and another D Lineman.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 13
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/24/2019 11:52:28 PM   
kgdabom

I think if Josh Jacobs lasts until pick 24 the Raiders are sure to take him. They have nothing but a mess at RB right now.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 14
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/25/2019 12:46:04 AM   
kgdabom

I'm going to sleep now. Mark and Murph have sent me their top three choices for their next picks 27 and 29. However we need picks 25-26 before I can use those. Send me your picks or make your picks. Catch you all in the morning to wrap things up. It was a pleasure mocking with you and I think we did well. I bet we are not too far off on a lot of these picks and might nail a few of them.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 15
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/25/2019 1:31:27 AM   
Dana Turner

quote:

quote:

I didn't know that about him, hadn't heard the story, but here in China, you get very little news about sports in America. Is this old news or something recent?
Post #: 16
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/25/2019 6:33:28 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I didn't know that about him, hadn't heard the story, but here in China, you get very little news about sports in America. Is this old news or something recent?

It's old and it happened more than 3 years ago. Seems like the woman he struck was in a fight with another woman who I'm guessing is friends or family of Simmons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4KN3ejSsg

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 17
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/25/2019 7:47:12 AM   
kgdabom

Yahoo sports did a mock draft with a panel of 7 discussing the mock as if it were the real thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1M42s80vM
They had the Vikings selecting Bradbury with Dillard still on the board and they loved him big time. He may have T Rex arms, but these draft pundits were talking about him like a sure thing 10 year center. They had Rashan Gary who I mocked to the Vikings going 6th, but they were ripping the pick for not living up to his freakish athletic ability.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/25/2019 7:52:06 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 18
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/25/2019 8:17:54 AM   
kgdabom

Where are you Bruce? We need to wrap up this mock.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 19
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/25/2019 10:23:10 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Sorry I was too busy this morning. I was listening to the radio this morning. Paul Charchian said basically that our mock draft scenario could really happen and the guard from Boston College would be in play. Another option would have been McCoy. Earlier they talked about Rashan Gary that he would be tempting if he was still on the board. My point is that I think we did well and we do likely have a peek at what will happen tonight.

Thanks Bruce, I didn't think you would mind too much if I made the pick to keep things moving. I hope Charch is wrong because if all the talented O Line are gone I really don't want us reaching for that low talent guard Lindstrom. That is why I went for Gary.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 20
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/25/2019 10:24:40 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I always sleep early. I get up at 4AM. Sorry.

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. (Helen Keller)
Post #: 21
RE: Mock Comments Here - 4/25/2019 11:40:33 AM   
kgdabom

duplicate

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> Mock Results and Comments Here Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode