Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/18/2019 11:14:23 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ambear

It was one game, F' it! We have a damn good team, even our QB, who is a part time head case can throw dimes. If we play our game as a team, we can do some damage. Refuse to lose!

Part time head case, perhaps. How about quasi full-time head case?

Or flat out "He is a f***** freak, but as long as he throws dimes and we win games, who gives a shit!"

Or... “We'd be fools not to ride this strange torpedo all the way out to the end.” ― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
Post #: 851
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 6:44:07 AM   
jbusse

If the Vikings hadn't traded for Sam Bradford, they likely would have picked a QB in the 2017 draft, the first draft after Bridgewater's horrific injury. They likely would have had a high pick, as their record would have been worse than the 8-8 2016 record they had with Bradford. So, Patrick Mahomes very likely would have been on the board -- Mahomes went 10th to KC, and at 8-8, the Vikes slotted at 14th for the pick they traded to Philly for Bradford. Given Mahomes reputation as a gunslinger in college, it seems unlikely that Zimmer would have favored picking Mahomes, and missing out on a generational talent like Mahomes would have set the Vikings fan base up for a whole new level of angst (like many Bears fans must be feeling). Then again, maybe Zimmer would have thrown caution to the wind...
Post #: 852
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 9:50:29 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

If the Vikings hadn't traded for Sam Bradford, they likely would have picked a QB in the 2017 draft, the first draft after Bridgewater's horrific injury. They likely would have had a high pick, as their record would have been worse than the 8-8 2016 record they had with Bradford. So, Patrick Mahomes very likely would have been on the board -- Mahomes went 10th to KC, and at 8-8, the Vikes slotted at 14th for the pick they traded to Philly for Bradford. Given Mahomes reputation as a gunslinger in college, it seems unlikely that Zimmer would have favored picking Mahomes, and missing out on a generational talent like Mahomes would have set the Vikings fan base up for a whole new level of angst (like many Bears fans must be feeling). Then again, maybe Zimmer would have thrown caution to the wind...

Whoa let's not get ahead of ourselves here. First we have to see if he'll let them put actual TV on the TV's at TCO Performance Center. Baby steps. Then we'll work on turning on the fireplace.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 853
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 10:19:22 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Whoa let's not get ahead of ourselves here. First we have to see if he'll let them put actual TV on the TV's at TCO Performance Center. Baby steps. Then we'll work on turning on the fireplace.

Plus they were not going to draft anyone because at the time they sensed Cousins might end up a UFA in Washington.

It's important to weave Cousins into the blame game... early and often.
Post #: 854
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 10:58:47 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Can you imagine how Bud Grant would have locked down the TCO Performance facility?
Post #: 855
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 1:23:52 PM   
twinsfan

Anthony Barr is not practicing today.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 856
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 3:06:06 PM   
Ragnarök

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/minnesota-vikings-paying-price-huge-kirk-cousins-deal?ls=pftvod

ON POINT...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 9/19/2019 3:21:55 PM >
Post #: 857
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 3:38:49 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

https://thevikingage.com/2019/09/19/matchups-minnesota-vikings-week-3-vs-raiders/amp/2/

Throw the fn ball this week.. god I wish we had a simply competent play action passing game

Cousins couldn’t fake his way out of a piss test with a whizzinator..

Ontario Smith, concurs....

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 9/19/2019 3:47:32 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 858
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 3:41:14 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Throw the fn ball this week.. god I wish we had a simply competent play action passing game

Actually It's supposed to be one of the things Cousins is really good at. We just didn't have a running game last year and they haven't figured out now to call it properly now.

Instead they do naked bootlegs and screens that fail every effin time.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 859
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 3:46:25 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/minnesota-vikings-paying-price-huge-kirk-cousins-deal?ls=pftvod

ON POINT...

Do you think of anything other than Cousins? You certainly don't post about anything else. Such a bore...
Post #: 860
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 3:50:52 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 861
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 3:58:10 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Actually It's supposed to be one of the things Cousins is really good at. We just didn't have a running game last year and they haven't figured out now to call it properly now.

Exactly. One of the highest rated play action QB's in the NFL since he became a starter.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 862
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 4:01:19 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

My eyes say otherwise...

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 863
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 4:02:13 PM   
Bruce Johnson

It looks pretty good for the Vikings.

https://www.raiders.com/team/injury-report/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 864
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 4:05:51 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ON POINT...

Do you think of anything other than Cousins? You certainly don't post about anything else. Such a bore...

I dont comment on others personal pitty party crap with personal agendas, so you should be happy about that...

Cousins seems at the top of my list at the moment... and with good reason... Were you not one of the people who claimed they blocked me anyways?

Here's something for you... my prediction...

VIKINGS 20 Raiders 17

We overcome a couple more WTF moments of Cousins play and stick to a heavy run game to eventually squeak out a win at home against an inferior opponent bettering them by a kick from our equally incompetent special teams play...

OR~

Cousins plays lights out and has an insanely stats padding game where he makes everyone say WOW, last week and the packer game was an anomaly... until the next big game against a winning team comes along...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 9/19/2019 4:10:58 PM >
Post #: 865
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 4:09:33 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

It looks pretty good for the Vikings.

https://www.raiders.com/team/injury-report/

I find it pathetic to take comfort in another teams injuries as to it making it a better game for us... If we cant be a team that straight up smacks down and strikes fear in the opponent we have no business feeling we have a contending team who will go anywhere come seasons end...

Week 3 trap game deja vu all over again?

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/9/19/20872406/minnesota-vikings-oakland-raiders-preview-2019-week-3-nfl-picks

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 9/19/2019 4:40:21 PM >
Post #: 866
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 4:47:16 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

Exactly. One of the highest rated play action QB's in the NFL since he became a starter.

Pretty sure the Packers told there DEs away from running plays to stay at home.
Post #: 867
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 4:48:17 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Anthony Barr is not practicing today.

Why not?
Post #: 868
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 4:54:50 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pretty sure the Packers told there DEs away from running plays to stay at home.

Kevin Stefanski and Gary Kubiak might have to admit that opposing defenses are already catching on to the designed bootlegs that everyone was so excited about in Training Camp. By my count, the Vikings had at least five plays where Cousins attempted to go outside of the pocket by design. Each time, the Packers had an edge defender waiting out wide. The book on defending the Vikings offense seems to be to keep Cousins in the pocket and let your interior pass rush get home against Minnesota’s shoddy pass blocking. That game plan worked all too well for Green Bay last week.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/9/19/20872406/minnesota-vikings-oakland-raiders-preview-2019-week-3-nfl-picks
Post #: 869
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 5:00:08 PM   
Ragnarök

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/9/19/20873583/fmf-302-high-stakes

Beyond SPOT ON... like it or not...
Post #: 870
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 6:34:02 PM   
Pager

I had a busy weekend, and many of the posts have been boring IMO but heading into Oakland I'm pretty stoked:

We played against a stacked deck (us vs GB AND THE NFL) on the road and should have pulled out the victory.

Got punched in the mouth down 21-0 minutes into the game, last year we folded like origami. This year we kept swinging back.

Loved the fight from the team. Q1 on, Defense played lights out missing 3 of our top corners.

Cooks said get on my back and was straight cash money.

Cousins made plenty of bad throws/desicions but didn't get help from Diggs. Kept battling. Getting pulled down, improv to Beebe (can't remember 1 instance of a successful scramble drill last yr). Threw a gem to Diggs for the TD.

For all those gnashing their teeth about 1 game where the D sold out for PA, I say YAWN. I'm pretty sure Kubiak has seen that before. Want to sell out your DE like that? We'll slip a TE or RB back behind your DE and bust you up that way. Plenty of adjustment's we'll see.

I feel more confident than I did since Game 2 of last year. We are gonna make some noise this year.

If this make me a Cousins apologist or supporter, so be it. Count me still on the bandwagon.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 871
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 6:52:07 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

I had a busy weekend, and many of the posts have been boring IMO but heading into Oakland I'm pretty stoked:

We played against a stacked deck (us vs GB AND THE NFL) on the road and should have pulled out the victory.

Got punched in the mouth down 21-0 minutes into the game, last year we folded like origami. This year we kept swinging back.

Loved the fight from the team. Q1 on, Defense played lights out missing 3 of our top corners.

Cooks said get on my back and was straight cash money.

Cousins made plenty of bad throws/desicions but didn't get help from Diggs. Kept battling. Getting pulled down, improv to Beebe (can't remember 1 instance of a successful scramble drill last yr). Threw a gem to Diggs for the TD.

For all those gnashing their teeth about 1 game where the D sold out for PA, I say YAWN. I'm pretty sure Kubiak has seen that before. Want to sell out your DE like that? We'll slip a TE or RB back behind your DE and bust you up that way. Plenty of adjustment's we'll see.

I feel more confident than I did since Game 2 of last year. We are gonna make some noise this year.

If this make me a Cousins apologist or supporter, so be it. Count me still on the bandwagon.

Myths from apologists...

Put the time into listening to the entire breakdown of game [all phases] (maybe requires more time listening than the actual game!)

Agree or not there are some extremely good dissections and points that make the long winded debriefing very worthy material...

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/9/18/20872654/norse-code-podcast-episode-279-negative-nice

Spoiler Alert -- Arif sees ability to win SB with KFC (Kirk Freaking Cousins)

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 9/19/2019 7:03:50 PM >
Post #: 872
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 7:49:47 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Cousins has been pressured on 60% of his dropbacks, which leads the league by a mile.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 873
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 7:54:53 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

Cousins has been pressured on 60% of his dropbacks, which leads the league by a mile.

Bradbury leads the league in pressures per drop back...

Last year the worst in the league for center pressure per drop back was 1 every 14 as worst and that wasnt Elf (who was 2nd worst center statistically in league)

Now reflect on Bradbury's number this year... 1 every 7 QB drop backs!
Post #: 874
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/19/2019 8:24:29 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

Bradbury leads the league in pressures per drop back...

Last year the worst in the league for center pressure per drop back was 1 every 14 as worst and that wasnt Elf (who was 2nd worst center statistically in league)

Now reflect on Bradbury's number this year... 1 every 7 QB drop backs!

quote:

He has had two really tough matchups, though. I'm not trying to be an apologist, but he is a rookie playing his first two games vs the best in the league. Still, his play has been very disappointing to me. I was thinking that center was going to be a strength of the team. We need to see progress this week or I will be on the bandwagon for freaking out.

He has had two really tough matchups, though. I'm not trying to be an apologist, but he is a rookie playing his first two games vs the best in the league. Still, his play has been very disappointing to me. I was thinking that center was going to be a strength of the team. We need to see progress this week or I will be on the bandwagon for freaking out.

Post #: 875
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode