Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 3:21:30 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Ian Rapaport says the Brown/Mayock confrontation got "very ugly" and players had to separate the two.

(Purple Post on Twitter)

I wouldn't touch Antonio Brown for the Vikings with a ten foot pole.

Check this out for the irony:

One of the players holding Antonio Brown back from the near-altercation with GM Mike Mayock was ... Vontaze Burfict.

(Vic Tafur on Twitter)

That is irony

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 101
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 3:35:03 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Ian Rapaport says the Brown/Mayock confrontation got "very ugly" and players had to separate the two.

(Purple Post on Twitter)

One of the players holding Antonio Brown back from the near-altercation with GM Mike Mayock was ... Vontaze Burfict.

(Vic Tafur on Twitter)

That is irony

Teams almost NEVER enforce the fines. Antonio Brown to me obviously has mental health issues. Playing hardball with him on the fines was only going to end in issues. This situation may be unsalvageable before Brown even plays one snap for the Raiders. I would recommend him entering a treatment facility.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/5/2019 3:36:30 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 102
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 3:55:48 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

(Purple Post on Twitter)

(Vic Tafur on Twitter)

Maybe they are trying to emulate the Raiders of old by bringing together a bunch of misfits. Sadly mistaken MO as a bunch of misfits in this day an age are more likely to go 0-16.

Maybe the 9 figure contracts remove all semblance of team first.
Post #: 103
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 3:57:03 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Hit them in the only place it counts, the wallet.
Post #: 104
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 4:03:17 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The league may step in to help out the Raiders. The contract should be voided. Well, that's what the Raiders would like to do. They might even give a team a first round draft pick to take him off their hands.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 105
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 4:04:53 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Julio Jones says he’s trying to be out there but “he doesn’t know” if he’ll play on Sunday if he doesn’t have a new contract. #Falcons

(Kelsey Conway on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 106
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 4:10:01 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Julio Jones says he’s trying to be out there but “he doesn’t know” if he’ll play on Sunday if he doesn’t have a new contract. #Falcons

(Kelsey Conway on Twitter)

Maybe Julio doesn't want to get SHUT DOWN by Rhodes and have to settle for a few million less

Post #: 107
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 4:11:22 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

(Purple Post on Twitter)

(Vic Tafur on Twitter)

That is irony

Teams almost NEVER enforce the fines. Antonio Brown to me obviously has mental health issues. Playing hardball with him on the fines was only going to end in issues. This situation may be unsalvageable before Brown even plays one snap for the Raiders. I would recommend him entering a treatment facility.

He has missed as many practices, walk thrus, and meetings as possible....he just wants to not be there until the season starts and get paid. The situation is Brown---nothing to do with the Raiders. 3rd big problem that has come to light this preseason only.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 108
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 4:12:37 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

(Purple Post on Twitter)

(Vic Tafur on Twitter)

That is irony

He has missed as many practices, walk thrus, and meetings as possible....he just wants to not be there until the season starts and get paid. The situation is Brown---nothing to do with the Raiders. 3rd big problem that has come to light this preseason only.

But his helmet doesn't fit.

Post #: 109
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 4:25:03 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

(Purple Post on Twitter)

(Vic Tafur on Twitter)

That is irony

But his helmet doesn't fit.

Exactly. The stuff with Pittsburgh and then the helmet and now this. He is IMO OBVIOUSLY MENTALLY ILL. I bet he can still play though. Honestly I don't recall a team ever enforcing the practice fines against a well known player. Has it ever happened?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 110
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 5:15:29 PM   
Phil Riewer

Oh yeah they make them come to practice and be on time or get fined......what else do you have if not fines?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 111
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 5:41:32 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Oh yeah they make them come to practice and be on time or get fined......what else do you have if not fines?

You show me evidence of even one well known player that they enforced the fines on. Usually when a player is holding out from camp for a new contract they start fining him, but when the contract is signed they waive the fines. I'm not saying it hasn't happened. I'm just not aware of it ever happening.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 112
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 6:00:50 PM   
Bill Jandro

Brown needs to be thrown in a rubber room plain and simple.

Pitt obliged him with a trade. Oak was the only team stupid enough to give up assets for a certified nut job.

Thought Oak was foolish to trade Cooper and Mack. Both were young and entering their prime. Brown doesn't even fit with what they started doing.

Post #: 113
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 7:05:42 PM   
Nate

It'll be interesting to see the mentality of the offense this year. I'm hoping we can be a little more innovative and less predictable, running more plays per set. Last few years, outside of having bad o-lines, everyone knew what play were were running simply by the formation/package we brought it. It was very evident on 3rd and short as most times their defense met the our RB in the backfield . I also hate playing for FGs in the redzone and the typical "HB draw" for 2 yards on second and long.

I'm not holding my breath since we have a ton of TEs which will dictate more max protect and crowded boxes, but here's to hoping we have a better year than last... Skol Vikes! Also, for tonight, NO PACK NO!!!
Post #: 114
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 7:38:47 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

You show me evidence of even one well known player that they enforced the fines on. Usually when a player is holding out from camp for a new contract they start fining him, but when the contract is signed they waive the fines. I'm not saying it hasn't happened. I'm just not aware of it ever happening.

Straight cash homie.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 115
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 7:57:55 PM   
joejitsu

Has it ever happened that a player got a 30+million dollar signing bonus, and didn't play a down in the regular season? Brown might have to get checked out by some white coated professionals, because he's been acting erratic since the end of the season.
Post #: 116
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 7:58:05 PM   
thebigo

Erin looking like a scared little girl out there just like his first couple of years in the preseason.
Post #: 117
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 8:03:46 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Erin looking like a scared little girl out there just like his first couple of years in the preseason.

I'm torn, bigo. I can't stand the bears, but I want rodgers to completely fall on his face. I won't look at anything until tomorrow.
Post #: 118
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 8:08:04 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

I'm torn, bigo. I can't stand the bears, but I want rodgers to completely fall on his face. I won't look at anything until tomorrow.

Looks like a preseason game for BOTH teams... love Rodgers lil pissy faces and snarky daggers at his own players...

Where is the Other NFL Games in live games thread to comment?
Post #: 119
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 8:10:33 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

Looks like a preseason game for BOTH teams... love Rodgers lil pissy faces and snarky daggers at his own players...

Where is the Other NFL Games in live games thread to comment?

+1!! I couldn't find it, either. And, I don't think it is the vodka blinding me.
Post #: 120
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 8:28:49 PM   
thebigo

That TD pass by Rogers could have EASILY been an INT.
Post #: 121
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 8:48:49 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

Pretty sure I'll only root for the bears twice this year
Post #: 122
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 8:52:38 PM   
beo

Trubisky = Christian Ponder

Painful to watch.
Post #: 123
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 8:54:29 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Regarding Brown. When does acting like a whiney ass bitch, because you've been coddled your whole life so you throw a tantrum when you don't get your way, turn in to a "mental illness"?

Cause I need to council my 3 and half YO, if true.
Post #: 124
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/5/2019 9:00:39 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

Has it ever happened that a player got a 30+million dollar signing bonus, and didn't play a down in the regular season? Brown might have to get checked out by some white coated professionals, because he's been acting erratic since the end of the season.

brown received a $1m signing bonus, and $30m guaranteed...the raiders don't lose much....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode