Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 9:35:53 AM   
thebigo

Who would have thunk that after 5 games Atnalta would be the only team the Vikings have played with a losing record?
Post #: 1926
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 9:41:11 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Who would have thunk that after 5 games Atnalta would be the only team the Vikings have played with a losing record?

Giants
Post #: 1927
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 9:57:09 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

PA's partner was praising Kline multiple times. Yet Kline's PFF grade wasn't very good either.

My own Kline grade was pretty low based on pass blocking. He gets pushed into Cousin's lap way too easily. It's really a stark contrast when the Vikings roll out on the play fake vs. using a straight drop. Cousins doesn't have the quickest drop back and the middle of the line does not hold off the inside pass rush for very long.

I didn't view the game so just leaning on comments they were making.

I think he was complementy Kline more on his ability to consistently get to the 2nd level blocking in the run game.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1928
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 10:30:44 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

PA's partner was praising Kline multiple times. Yet Kline's PFF grade wasn't very good either.

My own Kline grade was pretty low based on pass blocking. He gets pushed into Cousin's lap way too easily. It's really a stark contrast when the Vikings roll out on the play fake vs. using a straight drop. Cousins doesn't have the quickest drop back and the middle of the line does not hold off the inside pass rush for very long.

I think he was complementy Kline more on his ability to consistently get to the 2nd level blocking in the run game.

I know. You were just pointing out the contrasting opinions. I agree that the line as a whole is much, much better at run blocking than pass blocking. The gaps are there for all of our runners, not just Cook.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1929
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 10:39:07 AM   
jbusse

Bisi Johnson's stride length looks the same regardless of his route, helps deceive defender, according to Stefanski.
Post #: 1930
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 10:39:19 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Conversely, the media is swooning over the 5-0 Patriots.

They have played
A hobbled Roethlisberger with no Bell, or Brown (this team is clearly not the Steelers most would expect)
The Jets with a 3rd string QB starting
The Dolphins who are trying to lose
The Redskins who just find new and exciting ways to suck every year and just fired their coach after starting 0-5
and the Bills, who gave them something of a game is the only winning team (4-1) on the schedule thusfar.

Combined record of the other 4 teams thusfar? 1-17

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1931
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 10:40:05 AM   
Pager

I don't think he's peaked yet. Not even 25!!!!

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/10/7/20903955/danielle-hunter-tied-significant-nfl-record-most-sacks-before-25-minnesota-vikings

Most team friendly contract on the team, imo.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 1932
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 11:07:30 AM   
Steve Lentz

Where's Rudy?
Through 5 games he has 6 catches for 36 yards.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1933
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 11:10:53 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Where's Rudy?

KG will be buy in a minute to tell us how he's dominating in run blocking.

< Message edited by Richard Neussendorfer -- 10/8/2019 11:15:17 AM >
Post #: 1934
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 11:35:13 AM   
David F.

quote:

Where's Rudy?

Same place he was last season with the exception of the one Detroit game.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1935
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 11:36:43 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I know. You were just pointing out the contrasting opinions. I agree that the line as a whole is much, much better at run blocking than pass blocking. The gaps are there for all of our runners, not just Cook.

It's really hard to make a good assessment of an O line player in live action. When we played the Falcons I was screaming for Eflein to be benched. Turns out it was Bradbury most of the time causing the problems.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1936
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 11:38:24 AM   
David F.

quote:

Where's Rudy?

More like 'where's Swirvin Irvin'? Rudy continues to get the largest share of snaps while Smith Jr. only gets in about half of them. He's a superior receiver and AT A MINIMUM blocks just as well as Rudy.

Post #: 1937
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 11:43:28 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Our offense has been maligned, but check this out.

https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1181602736388874246/photo/1

Also, two of the teams on the list of the fewest big plays have faced our defense.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 10/8/2019 11:45:01 AM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1938
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 11:46:41 AM   
Bruce Johnson

This is interesting! Check out the story about the game in 1964.

https://twitter.com/ViktorTheViking/status/1181593592864763904/photo/1

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 10/8/2019 11:48:57 AM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1939
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 11:49:13 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Where's Rudy?

More like 'where's Swirvin Irvin'? Rudy continues to get the largest share of snaps while Smith Jr. only gets in about half of them. He's a superior receiver and AT A MINIMUM blocks just as well as Rudy.

Game 1: Rudy 100%, Smith 48%
Game 2: Rudy 100%, Smith 42%
Game 3: Rudy 87%, Smith 49%
Game 4: Rudy 84%, Smith 47%
Game 5: Rudy 90%, Smith 51%

Smith: 6 targets, 5 receptions, 64 yards, 12.8 yards/reception.
Rudy: 8 targets, 6 receptions, 36 yards, 6 yards/reception.

We're clearly not targeting the TE position enough (2/game), and we're absolutely not using Smith nearly as much as we should.
Post #: 1940
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 12:06:45 PM   
Bruce Johnson

By the end of the season Smith will have more snaps in a game than Rudy, I believe. We'll see.

Post #: 1941
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 12:09:19 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

By the end of the season Smith will have more snaps in a game than Rudy, I believe. We'll see.

There's obviously the learning curve with the new offense, but it's only a matter of time Smith will be the TE1. My guess is right after the bye, there's no way the coaches don't see this game in and game out plus practice.
Post #: 1942
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 12:11:02 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's really hard to make a good assessment of an O line player in live action. When we played the Falcons I was screaming for Eflein to be benched. Turns out it was Bradbury most of the time causing the problems.

And I came away focused on how great Bradbury looked based on a few blocks out in space, which are much easy to notice.
Post #: 1943
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 12:13:34 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

Where's Rudy?

We're clearly not targeting the TE position enough (2/game), and we're absolutely not using Smith nearly as much as we should.

Even more to the point (though with a small sample size): Yards per Target: Rudy 4.5, Smith 10.7
Post #: 1944
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 12:22:47 PM   
beo

quote:

Trade Rudy now while you can get something for him.
Getting his contract off the books would be motivation enough... you can see the kid has the goods to take over.
Post #: 1945
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 12:29:33 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

Trade Rudy now while you can get something for him.
Getting his contract off the books would be motivation enough... you can see the kid has the goods to take over.

They tried to trade him in the offseason. Even though Rudy himself claimed there were 'multiple teams interested' nothing ever came to be. Fans might have trouble seeing past a good-looking, white, Notre Dame alum who does all the right things in the community to see his real value but rest assured other teams don't.

Post #: 1946
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 12:33:31 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

There's obviously the learning curve with the new offense, but it's only a matter of time Smith will be the TE1. My guess is right after the bye, there's no way the coaches don't see this game in and game out plus practice.

Bisi Johnson is trending the right way, too. I bet he gets more targets as the season progresses.

Post #: 1947
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 12:38:12 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

Bisi Johnson is trending the right way, too. I bet he gets more targets as the season progresses.

Look what nice 'finds' there can be when we don't send a 1st-round-bust out onto the field for two seasons too many.

Post #: 1948
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 12:43:54 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

Where's Rudy?

Even more to the point (though with a small sample size): Yards per Target: Rudy 4.5, Smith 10.7

And it takes them both the same amount of time to get to those depths...
Post #: 1949
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2019 1:26:26 PM   
Bruce Johnson

If I'm not mistaken two of Smith's receptions were negated by penalties.

Post #: 1950
Page:   <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode