Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  79 80 [81] 82 83   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2019 1:26:01 AM   
ratoppenheimer

david f

No we paid 5.8 next season to save 4 this season.

in cash, including all of 2019, we've already paid him: $9.350m
signing bonus...$7.250m
2019 salary/roster bonus/workout bonus...$1.750m/$250/$100 = $2.100m

in the contract there was guaranteed money of $9.250 - of which $9.350m has already been paid

rudolph's original deal for 2019....$7.625m
amount already committed to paying....$9.350

amount paid over original deal...$1.725

the dead cap only applies to our cap hit, but still, when added to his 2019 money, including prorated signing bonus, equals $9.350m

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 10/10/2019 1:28:27 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2001
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2019 1:41:39 AM   
Bruce Johnson

WR D Jackson DNP
RB Clement DNP
RB/PR Sproles DNP
CB Darby DNP
CB Maddox DNP
CB Scandrick DNP
DT Jernigan DNP
S McLeod & LT Peters LP

This is the Eagles practice report for yesterday. Two running backs and three cornerbacks! I believe that this will be a game for Kirk to do well at home. It's a big difference from 4-2 and 3-3, though. This is a game that the Vikings have to win. Win decisively and we all can begin to gather our hopes again. Lose and we'll be chatting about Kyle Rudolphs contract and things like that.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2002
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2019 11:33:43 AM   
Pager

Alshon always seems to hurt us.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2003
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2019 11:45:22 AM   
Ragnarök

On Wednesday, Cousins was asked what gave him an edge and he avoided diving too deep into his psyche while admitting that there are things from outside that can make an impact on his mindset as he prepares for games.

“I don’t know the answer,” Cousins said, via Michael Rand of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “Sometimes when I get frustrated and ticked off, there’s a little more fire there. It can also get you in trouble if you’re not careful, but I think within reason it can help you. . . . You play this position and things happen inside the building and outside the building that motivate you. You find motivation anywhere you can, really.”

Head coach Mike Zimmer said he was unaware that Cousins felt that way and added that “whatever he says is fine with me.” The coach also said he would “tick him off myself” if he knew that it would result in better play, so we’ll see if he goes to that well ahead of Sunday’s game against the Eagles.
Post #: 2004
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2019 11:48:11 AM   
Ragnarök

Ten years ago today, Brett Favre turned 40 during what would become one of the most memorable seasons of his career. He was five days removed from beating the Packers on Monday Night Football, and he was three months away from nearly getting back to the Super Bowl for a third time.

Favre turns 50 today.
Post #: 2005
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2019 3:32:11 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Thielen didn't practice today. (Illness) Also Kline hasn't practiced yesterday or today. That's disconcerting. The Eagles d-line is seriously good.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGiunZ_U8AAkH1H?format=jpg&name=large

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2006
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2019 4:10:52 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Alshon always seems to hurt us.

Zimmers defenses have owned him in home games.
Post #: 2007
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 1:58:51 AM   
Todd M

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/11/rip-replay-review-for-pass-interference/

---

So what of it then? Just the taking away of our TD on a non call, no egregious play? That's what we got out of this rule change? **** that. No mention of it in the article of course. Hacks.
Post #: 2008
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 8:52:04 AM   
TJSweens

According to the Pioneer Press, the Eagles are picking Sendejo's brain on attacking the Vikings defense. What's he going to tell them? Arrive late in coverage and then throw yourself as hard as you can, helmet first, at the nearest pile.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2009
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 8:56:16 AM   
Bill Jandro

The Eagles will be looking to attack the interior of that Vikings offense line. Minnesota would do well to forgot about running the ball so much, as that plays to the Eagles’ defensive strengths, and instead focus on a quick passing game to negate the Eagles’ pass rush.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2010
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 9:41:22 AM   
Bill Jandro

Can't help but think back when Tomlin was DC (we had #1 defense against the rush) and the Patriots came to town boasting the #1 rushing offense.

Similar to the current Eagle defense our back end was terrible against the pass. The Pats didn't even try to run the ball and just threw, threw, and threw their way to a blow out victory.

We need to have a similar game plan against the Eagles. To me this is an acid test for Zimmer. Are you going to game plan to your opponents weakness or run smack dab into their strength.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2011
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 10:09:04 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Can't help but think back when Tomlin was DC (we had #1 defense against the rush) and the Patriots came to town boasting the #1 rushing offense.

Similar to the current Eagle defense our back end was terrible against the pass. The Pats didn't even try to run the ball and just threw, threw, and threw their way to a blow out victory.

We need to have a similar game plan against the Eagles. To me this is an acid test for Zimmer. Are you going to game plan to your opponents weakness or run smack dab into their strength.

From DailyNorseman, quoting an Eagles blogger:

Defensively, I think the Eagles would love for the Vikings try to “establish the run.” Jim Schwartz’s unit has done a great job of limiting opposing running backs this season. If the Vikings are smart, they’ll look to attack this leaky Eagles pass defense.
Post #: 2012
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 10:11:00 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Actually our pass defense was one of the best in the league that year, but point taken, it was not nearly as good as our run defense, which was borderline historic.
Post #: 2013
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 10:16:48 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

From DailyNorseman, quoting an Eagles blogger:

Defensively, I think the Eagles would love for the Vikings try to “establish the run.” Jim Schwartz’s unit has done a great job of limiting opposing running backs this season. If the Vikings are smart, they’ll look to attack this leaky Eagles pass defense.

Win, lose, or draw - we can rest assured that we will find that out on Sunday. This is a case where Zimmer's stubbornness can be strangely beneficial in that the Eagles will have to prepare for us to run the ball because of the Bears game. If we come out with success with the pass then we get to find out if the Vikes are really really smart in that will they be looking for when to go back to the run if/when the Eagles adjust to stop the bleeding in the secondary.

That's a lot of ifs.

< Message edited by David F. -- 10/11/2019 10:20:09 AM >

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2014
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 10:41:28 AM   
JT2

quote:

The Eagles will be looking to attack the interior of that Vikings offense line. Minnesota would do well to forgot about running the ball so much, as that plays to the Eagles’ defensive strengths, and instead focus on a quick passing game to negate the Eagles’ pass rush.

I'm not convinced their pass rush is all that good. They had 3 sacks on the season prior to getting 10 on the great Luke Falk and they NY Jets.
Post #: 2015
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 12:18:02 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

I'm not convinced their pass rush is all that good. They had 3 sacks on the season prior to getting 10 on the great Luke Falk and they NY Jets.

I was thinking the same thing, however until we improve pass blocking - I think we should be worried about any team's pass rush.

Post #: 2016
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 12:36:08 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was thinking the same thing, however until we improve pass blocking - I think we should be worried about any team's pass rush.

Definitely. I just don't think they are very good defensively, even against the run.
Their numbers against the run need to be taken in context as well. They have played some really poor running teams, with the exception of Jones.
Post #: 2017
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 2:12:59 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Tim McManus@Tim_McManus
"For me, that's probably the weakest part of their offense is him." Eagles LB Zach Brown offers blunt assessment of former teammate, Kirk Cousins.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2018
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 3:00:56 PM   
Ragnarök

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/11/zach-brown-trashes-kirk-cousins-ahead-of-sundays-game/

“Cousins, I think every defense is going to want that guy to throw the ball,” Brown said. “For me, that’s probably the weakest part of their offense is him. Everything else is good. They’ve got a good running game, probably one of the best in the league. They have real good receivers.

“You just want them to pass the ball. You want Kirk Cousins to get it in his hands.”

Brown and Cousins played together in Washington in 2017, before Cousins signed his $84 million guaranteed deal with the Vikings.

“I realized when I was in Washington, he was kind of careless with the ball. But at the same time, hey, you make the bed you sleep in, . . .” Brown said. “Make him frustrated back there. “First we have to stop the run, and then make him frustrated back there. Our main concern is stopping the run because if they can run the ball, they’re going to win.”

For all the money they spent on a quarterback, Brown has a point about the Vikings. They’re currently third in the league in rushing, and 29th in the league in passing. The Eagles are the near-perfect complement, first in the league in run defense but 27th against the pass.
Post #: 2019
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 5:08:50 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Looks like Kline will not play.

Here is the Eagles injury list. It is significant.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGnvH58X0AAJ-KU?format=jpg&name=large

Post #: 2020
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 5:31:21 PM   
timz

quote:

quote:

quote:

According to https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats Cousins ranks at the top for time to throw.
Post #: 2021
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 5:32:21 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/11/zach-brown-trashes-kirk-cousins-ahead-of-sundays-game/

“Cousins, I think every defense is going to want that guy to throw the ball,” Brown said. “For me, that’s probably the weakest part of their offense is him. Everything else is good. They’ve got a good running game, probably one of the best in the league. They have real good receivers.

“You just want them to pass the ball. You want Kirk Cousins to get it in his hands.”

Brown and Cousins played together in Washington in 2017, before Cousins signed his $84 million guaranteed deal with the Vikings.

“I realized when I was in Washington, he was kind of careless with the ball. But at the same time, hey, you make the bed you sleep in, . . .” Brown said. “Make him frustrated back there. “First we have to stop the run, and then make him frustrated back there. Our main concern is stopping the run because if they can run the ball, they’re going to win.”

For all the money they spent on a quarterback, Brown has a point about the Vikings. They’re currently third in the league in rushing, and 29th in the league in passing. The Eagles are the near-perfect complement, first in the league in run defense but 27th against the pass.

This coming from Mr. 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 0 recovered fumbles, 0 Ints, 2 passes defensed.

We just haven't passed the ball much. We're 5th in the league in yards per attempt. And Cousins is a better QB at home. Craig James and Andrew Sendejo provide significant minutes for the Philthy defensive backfield. Nuff said.
Post #: 2022
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 5:32:22 PM   
Viking Rich

Per Profootball Talk:

Eagles at Vikings

The Eagles will play without CB Ronald Darby (hamstring), WR DeSean Jackson (abdomen), DT Timmy Jernigan (foot), CB Avonte Maddox (concussion, neck), and RB Darren Sproles (quadricep) on Sunday.

Vikings LB Ben Gedeon (concussion) and G Josh Kline (foot) have been ruled out. LB Kentrell Brothers (hamstring, wrist) is listed as questionable.

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 2023
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 5:33:00 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Isn't Zach brown a country singer? What does ne know about football? I think Kirk will carve up the philthy defense.
Post #: 2024
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2019 5:49:53 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

Per Profootball Talk:

Eagles at Vikings

The Eagles will play without CB Ronald Darby (hamstring), WR DeSean Jackson (abdomen), DT Timmy Jernigan (foot), CB Avonte Maddox (concussion, neck), and RB Darren Sproles (quadricep) on Sunday.

Vikings LB Ben Gedeon (concussion) and G Josh Kline (foot) have been ruled out. LB Kentrell Brothers (hamstring, wrist) is listed as questionable.

It's a gift that Jackson, and the CBs are out.

Hurts Kline is out. Wilson is better than Gedeon.

Post #: 2025
Page:   <<   < prev  79 80 [81] 82 83   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  79 80 [81] 82 83   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode