Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Fishing

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Other Sports >> Fishing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fishing - 12/2/2020 9:15:03 AM   
twinsfan

RIP Ron Lindner

https://www.outdoornews.com/2020/12/01/international-angling-icon-ron-linder-passes-at-age-86/

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1
RE: Fishing - 12/24/2020 8:33:05 AM   
SoMnFan

My son's fishing adventures are on youtube.tv this season
They pulled out of working with FSN

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2
RE: Fishing - 12/28/2020 8:24:33 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

My son's fishing adventures are on youtube.tv this season
They pulled out of working with FSN

I don't really know what youtube.tv is, but hopefully I'll be able to find the episodes on youtube.com too.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3
RE: Fishing - 12/28/2020 10:02:47 AM   
SoMnFan

Don't know why it came out that way
Yes, youtube.com will work

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4
RE: Fishing - 10/26/2021 10:11:59 AM   
twinsfan

About a month ago I caught about 30 bass with my nephew over a 3-hour period. I was catching the big ones, and he was hammering the little tykes. This was on the shore of the Mississippi River. I tried the same spot again this past Sunday. I didn't catch a thing. I'm thinking the bass moved to deeper water. Maybe if I could have been able to cast halfway across the river. The shallower banks were quiet.

< Message edited by twinsfan -- 10/27/2021 9:14:47 AM >

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5
RE: Fishing - 10/26/2021 9:51:55 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

About a month about I caught about 30 bass with my nephew over a 3-hour period. I was catching the big ones, and he was hammering the little tykes. This was on the shore of the Mississippi River. I tried the same spot again this past Sunday. I didn't catch a thing. I'm thinking the bass moved to deeper water. Maybe if I could have been able to cast halfway across the river. The shallower banks were quiet.

Cool, about 2-3 weeks ago I caught 10 bass and a northern in a little over an hour on my lake. Kept 4, threw back 2 bigger ones, and 5 smaller ones. I love fishing in the fall.

About a week and a half ago I tried again. Didn't get any bass but landed a 8.5 pound northern, biggest fish I ever caught. Threw it back and called it a season, my line broke and leader was wrecked and I didn't have a spare.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 6
RE: Fishing - 10/27/2021 9:15:47 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

About a month about I caught about 30 bass with my nephew over a 3-hour period. I was catching the big ones, and he was hammering the little tykes. This was on the shore of the Mississippi River. I tried the same spot again this past Sunday. I didn't catch a thing. I'm thinking the bass moved to deeper water. Maybe if I could have been able to cast halfway across the river. The shallower banks were quiet.

Cool, about 2-3 weeks ago I caught 10 bass and a northern in a little over an hour on my lake. Kept 4, threw back 2 bigger ones, and 5 smaller ones. I love fishing in the fall.

About a week and a half ago I tried again. Didn't get any bass but landed a 8.5 pound northern, biggest fish I ever caught. Threw it back and called it a season, my line broke and leader was wrecked and I didn't have a spare.

Aren't we in bass catch-and-release season?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 7
RE: Fishing - 10/27/2021 9:19:01 AM   
twinsfan

I agree. Fishing in the fall is the best. The hot sun and sweat of fishing in the summer is a real downside for me. I barely went out this summer, on a boat or a dock or shore, because it was just so uncomfortably hot most days. I'd rather wear a jacket and feel a cool breeze.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 8
RE: Fishing - 10/27/2021 10:38:53 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

Aren't we in bass catch-and-release season?

No.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 9
RE: Fishing - 10/27/2021 11:15:40 AM   
twinsfan

I guess I was given bad information.

Doesn't really matter to me. I never keep fish.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10
RE: Fishing - 2/22/2022 5:18:49 PM   
kgdabom

I've heard there are fly in lakes in Canada where even I could catch a fish. It's just a theory.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Other Sports >> Fishing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll