Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Our New Head Coach

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Our New Head Coach Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/5/2022 10:02:16 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

There are so many name abbreviations getting used, it can get a little hard to read if you don't immediately know to whom the abbreviation is referring.

KAM - Kick Ass Minnesota

KC - Kansas City

KO - Knock Out

Etc ....

We could go wtih Adofo-Mensah (or Kwesi) and O'Connell ...
Post #: 626
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/5/2022 11:15:18 AM   
Todd M

I like KO offense.
Post #: 627
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/5/2022 11:46:42 AM   
Mark Anderson

Patrick Graham to Raiders(DC).

Hopefully we aren't waiting around until after SB to hire coaches.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 2/5/2022 11:49:52 AM >
Post #: 628
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/5/2022 12:21:22 PM   
marty

Someone in YouTube commented that KOC looks like a young Bud Grant.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 629
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/5/2022 12:22:52 PM   
marty

Seeing some videos of KOC, he seems like a nice guy, I can't imagine him yelling at anyone. Hopefully he has the competitive fire.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 630
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/5/2022 5:16:50 PM   
marty

I think Cousins is as good as gone, and will be traded.

KAM will not see it feasible to pay all that money for KC, doesn't make sense using analytics.

O'Connell probably would rather have his name tied to a QB he molded, and not be stuck looking for a QB 2 or 3 years from now, after KC flames out in the playoffs, or in the regular season.

The Vikings aren't close like the Rams were, where plugging in a QB is the final piece. It's too much building, they are better off getting rid of salaries, and drafting the next Burrow.

I think the Vikings will draft a QB at 12, or move UP to get one.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 631
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/5/2022 6:42:11 PM   
jbusse

quote:

I think Cousins is as good as gone, and will be traded.

KAM will not see it feasible to pay all that money for KC, doesn't make sense using analytics.

O'Connell probably would rather have his name tied to a QB he molded, and not be stuck looking for a QB 2 or 3 years from now, after KC flames out in the playoffs, or in the regular season.

The Vikings aren't close like the Rams were, where plugging in a QB is the final piece. It's too much building, they are better off getting rid of salaries, and drafting the next Burrow.

I think the Vikings will draft a QB at 12, or move UP to get one.

I can certainly see it play out as you suggest. And it's always exciting to draft a QB in the first. For me, drafting Teddy in 2014 was the most exciting non-game moment that I can remember.
Post #: 632
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/5/2022 8:47:07 PM   
marty

I was at a draft party, and I literally screamed when the Vikings moved up and drafted Teddy.

I thought his college clips looked great, but I was concerned he didn't show much for deep balls in college, and with his lack of size, he doesn't have a deep ball that scares anyone as a pro, makes him easier to defend.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 633
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 9:11:39 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I highly doubt “ they turned down Harbaugh at a reasonable rate”..

I think Harbaugh was using the Vikings as leverage for his contract quibble with UofM…

It was an all day type interview.. I’m pretty sure that many things were discussed, and I’m equally as sure that there were issues that raised red flags, what those issues were, we will never know..

Never seen so much butthurt over not getting a particular coach..not so much here, but..

There’s a whole sub on Reddit of butthurt whiners gnashing their teeth and cursing the ownership and wanting KAM fired, already..

Unbelievable, how single minded and petty those people can be.

It’s not the end of the world…

If we can survive Tice, Childress, and Frazier, and the Zimmerball era, we will be ok without Harbaugh.
People are already calling the off season a “bust”..

Yeesh.

Like I said from the beginning, the Harbaugh thing was never real. He was bitter from taking a 50% pay cut at Michigan and was using his BigTen title, combined with a Vikings interview, as leverage to get a new contract.

Harbaugh is a fraud. Always has been. Always will be.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 634
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 11:56:05 AM   
Phil Riewer

Jim didn’t spend all day with the FO if it wasn’t real. Odds are OConnell blew them away and Harbaugh didn’t. Brad cmon. FUD.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/6/2022 11:57:33 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 635
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 12:17:12 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Jim didn’t spend all day with the FO if it wasn’t real. Odds are OConnell blew them away and Harbaugh didn’t. Brad cmon. FUD.

Harbaugh was looking for a pay day. O'Connell was looking for a career advancement. I'm sure that's exactly what came through in the interviews.

Post #: 636
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 12:37:53 PM   
marty

Harbaugh isn't what they really wanted, too much of a loose canon, too stubborn, too divisive, tended just to do things his way. B

KAM wanted someone more like himself, someone who will be more inclusive of others' ideas.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 637
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 1:10:56 PM   
Ricky J

I think I'll just wait for the book to come out before I decide the whys and wherefors on this one ...
Post #: 638
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 1:24:59 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

Harbaugh was looking for a pay day. O'Connell was looking for a career advancement. I'm sure that's exactly what came through in the interviews.

Clearly, those descriptions are as narrow as you can project onto any member of our species.

It doesn't come close to describing either, only your one dimensional argument.

A lot of other factors including a pay day and career advancement were involved for both candidates. Or any candidate. As it should be.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 2/6/2022 2:13:27 PM >
Post #: 639
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 3:46:39 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Clearly, those descriptions are as narrow as you can project onto any member of our species.

A lot of other factors including a pay day and career advancement were involved for both candidates. Or any candidate. As it should be.

Well, we differ on our opinions. I don't think Harbaugh was ever interested in being the head coach of the Vikings.

If reports are true that Harbaugh wanted $10-million a year, he's either the most arrogant prick on earth or the worst poker player in history. Our last coach made $5-million. If you are serious about a job, you don't walk into the GM's office looking for double what your predecessor made.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 2/6/2022 3:53:44 PM >

Post #: 640
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 5:09:21 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, we differ on our opinions. I don't think Harbaugh was ever interested in being the head coach of the Vikings.

If reports are true that Harbaugh wanted $10-million a year, he's either the most arrogant prick on earth or the worst poker player in history. Our last coach made $5-million. If you are serious about a job, you don't walk into the GM's office looking for double what your predecessor made.

True statement.

And as far as 'reports being true' ... c'mon, it doesn't sound like like they got anywhere near talking money. About the only thing commonly reported was that no job was offered, which is still hearsay but at least commonly reported hearsay. Doubtful money was discussed.

I have to say, no matter how often I over react to your posts and shoot back in your direction ... I respect the fact that you rarely, if ever, take the bait. You go on about your business while my futile little toy darts simply bounce off.

You seem a little more invested and polarized on the Harbaugh thing though.
Post #: 641
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 7:55:43 PM   
TJSweens

I have no doubt Harbaugh wanted the job. I also think that he was surprised to find out that the Vikings expected him to prove that he was the best candidate. He said point blank that the Vikings were not as enthusiastic about him as he was about the Vikings. Can't prove it, but something tells me that Harbaugh came in here thinking the job was his for the taking. Just have a feeling that he was expecting the Vikings to not offer him the job, but to make him first among equals with Adofo-Mensah. That didn't happen and the money became moot. Like I said, I have no proof of this. Just a gut feeling.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 642
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 8:05:21 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I have no doubt Harbaugh wanted the job. I also think that he was surprised to find out that the Vikings expected him to prove that he was the best candidate. He said point blank that the Vikings were not as enthusiastic about him as he was about the Vikings. Can't prove it, but something tells me that Harbaugh came in here thinking the job was his for the taking. Just have a feeling that he was expecting the Vikings to not offer him the job, but to make him first among equals with Adofo-Mensah. That didn't happen and the money became moot. Like I said, I have no proof of this. Just a gut feeling.

It's nice to see it phrased as an opinion and not a fact ...
Post #: 643
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 9:21:11 PM   
bongbong

quote:

Harbaugh isn't what they really wanted, too much of a loose canon, too stubborn, too divisive, tended just to do things his way. B

KAM wanted someone more like himself, someone who will be more inclusive of others' ideas.

I've heard that a couple places and I think going for a culture changeover is s reach. It's football, man! Save that crap for, I don't know wedding planning or dog park management or something.
Our new HC was an OC who didn't call plays? Aye yahhh... (Uncle Roger, anyone?)
Post #: 644
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 9:24:00 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: bongbong

quote:

I've heard that a couple places and I think going for a culture changeover is s reach. It's football, man! Save that crap for, I don't know wedding planning or dog park management or something.
Our new HC was an OC who didn't call plays? Aye yahhh... (Uncle Roger, anyone?)

When did my ex-wife start posting here?
Post #: 645
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/6/2022 9:26:21 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

I agree, a nice read, on a logical view.
Post #: 646
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/7/2022 7:58:18 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

SO; this has nothing to do with Stanford kicking USC's ass years ago; right.

Post #: 647
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/7/2022 8:02:41 AM   
Phil Riewer

If anyone is a Gopher BB enthusiast we just signed the Ben Johnson of coaches for our football team. O'Connell will overachieve and not just forget about the Wyatt Davis, Mond, rookies, and other young guys that he needs to develop. He will actually talk to the other side of the ball he doesn't specialize in and he will put a good coaching staff together that doesn't include his son.

Post #: 648
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/7/2022 11:16:03 AM   
marty

Cincinnati's head coach also didn't call plays while with the Rams, and Burrow does get sacked a lot.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 649
RE: Our New Head Coach - 2/7/2022 1:50:08 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

The fact is, he isn't our head coach. Everything previous to the naming of a coach was opinion. It just so happens that some opinions were right, and some were wrong.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 2/7/2022 1:52:02 PM >

Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Our New Head Coach Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode