Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  118 119 [120] 121 122   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/22/2022 4:03:59 PM   
Todd M

Tunga killing it and I couldn't have even identified he was on the team.
Post #: 2976
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/22/2022 4:57:24 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

My expectations for this season went from being competitive and hosting an NFCCG, to one and done after getting blown out at home in wild card weekend by the #5 seed..

We will probably get the #4 seed as Division Champs, but if it an NFC East #5.. we are fn toast..

I agree. Yeah it's nice to make the playoffs in a year I didn't expect them to. Not so nice to be bounced out like an afterthought. On another note Kwesi draft looks like ass.

Roll the tape!

Round 1, Pick No. 32: Lewis Cine, S, Georgia
Round 2, Pick No. 42: Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson
Round 2, Pick No. 59: Ed Ingram, G, LSU
Round 3, Pick No. 66: Brian Asamoah, LB, Oklahoma
Round 4, Pick No. 118: Akayleb Evans, CB, Missouri
Round 5, Pick No. 165: Esezi Otomewo, EDGE, Minnesota
Round 5, Pick No. 169: Ty Chandler, RB, North Carolina
Round 6, Pick No. 184: Vederian Lowe, OT, Illinois
Round 6, Pick No. 191: Jalen Nailor, WR, Michigan State
Round 7, Pick No. 250: Nick Muse, TE, South Carolina

Ty Chandler might turn out the best of the bunch!

Can't tell if that was sarcasm or not

In my best Kwesi voice... he's coming along fine on special teams!

Although actually he's not even doing that.

28 career ST snaps, all in weeks 4 & 5.
0 carries.
0 receptions.

Proving my point on how bad this draft is looking.

ty chandler has been on IR since a thumb injury week 5....

here's his preseason highlight reel....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqGdVkZnw94

Looked good in preseason.

Although any kind of 'game tape' that includes a copious amount of Sean Mannion ...

uhhh ... I just don't know.

Bottomline is preseason 'looks' was #2 in your TalkVikes Draft Variables list.

You have to be feeling pretty good right about now.

you’re mistaken. I described general criteria, not accuracy or my own infallible draft deductions.
Post #: 2977
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/22/2022 8:41:29 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Bottom line is Ty Chandler looked good and if you can't see it then wait for the draft material to come out in 3 years to tell you what to think.

Is that just to drum up more posts on those postless days you fret about?
Post #: 2978
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/22/2022 8:49:08 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Tunga killing it and I couldn't have even identified he was on the team.

Sleep well knowing "Tunga" wasn't on the team, but Tonga was
Post #: 2979
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/22/2022 9:19:14 PM   
beo

Vikes had no chance of winning with that defensive effort... and I really don't know what you can do about it.

Getting Dantzler/Evans back would be a nice boost.
But DL just got shoved around... surprised it hasn't been more of a problem.
Getting D Tomlinson will also help... but 1 guy ain't fixing the run d.

Pass rush disappointing as well... maybe Z is more banged up than expected... he has been a monster at times.

Despite all that... I was shocked we only scored 3.
They moved the ball down the field pretty efficiently on the 2nd drive and Hock dropped 2 catchable TDs on that drive.

Was it all bad line play?
Why can't either play calling or QB counter bad line play to a degree.

Play calling killed me at times... play action with a turnstyle LT down by 20+!!!!
But as suspected... Kirk is clenching again...

This vid has me worried Kirk can't elevate against playoff caliber defense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hPIlU7Ue94

< Message edited by beo -- 11/22/2022 9:20:24 PM >
Post #: 2980
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/22/2022 10:56:16 PM   
Rob Viking

Amazing the team has gone this far with that kind of draft.

I'll give Cine a chance though I really disliked the pick, especially with Jordan Davis sitting there at #12.

Evans has been decent and I still hold out hope for Booth.
Post #: 2981
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 6:06:10 AM   
Arlowe84

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

I'll give Cine a chance though I really disliked the pick, especially with Jordan Davis sitting there at #12.

The draft has been very disappointing.
This was a team that needed some help on defense to make improvements.
Other than Smith, we really needed to add several quality players on this defense, and we didnt'

Smith has done what he can, but hard to do it by yourself.

Injury or not, I thought Cine was a terrible pick, most had him down the safety rankings. Hard to believe if they wanted a S they didn't just take Kyle Hamilton. But I believe football is won in the trenches, and Davis would have been a great pick.

Evans looks light years better than Booth.

Cine was pure "analytics" pick IMO. He clearly was taken due to his rare size/speed combo for a S, but his play was not all that at Georgia despite than, and playing on an elite defense with studs all around him.

Don't care what anyone says, Hunter is not even close to the player he once was. Maybe it's part the scheme, but go back and look 4 years ago how dominant he was. He's still good, but not close to the dominant force he once was.

< Message edited by Arlowe84 -- 11/23/2022 6:07:51 AM >
Post #: 2982
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 7:24:41 AM   
eagleflorida

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arlowe84

quote:

Don't care what anyone says, Hunter is not even close to the player he once was. Maybe it's part the scheme, but go back and look 4 years ago how dominant he was. He's still good, but not close to the dominant force he once was.

Concur Arlowe.
Post #: 2983
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 8:13:11 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Its good to keep an open mind but the ol’ ‘two-three year assessment period’ for draftpicks has been compressed down … I mean, shouldn’t 1-3 rd rookies show something by mid-late season one?

The injury thing hit the first two picks hard … not Kwesi’s fault although I believe Boothe dropped out of first … because of injury concerns? Not sure.

Ingram was drafted early and plugged in prematurely … he’s simply not ready for big boy pass rushers.

Asamoah looks super athletic but I can’t believe we doubled down on another mini-LB.

… yes its too early to call the draft but early returns are horrible. That’s inarguable. Hopefully these guys develop but they’ve all missed out out on the post-draft ‘instant impact’ label that grades your rookie with ‘an A’.

Even if that grade is premature, preliminary, short-sighted.
Post #: 2984
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 8:21:37 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

The Cine pick was horrible. Absolutely horrible.
Post #: 2985
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 9:07:38 AM   
Murph

quote:

quote:

Other than Smith, we really needed to add several quality players on this defense, and we didnt'

Injury or not, I thought Cine was a terrible pick, most had him down the safety rankings. Hard to believe if they wanted a S they didn't just take Kyle Hamilton. But I believe football is won in the trenches, and Davis would have been a great pick.

Cine was pure "analytics" pick IMO. He clearly was taken due to his rare size/speed combo for a S, but his play was not all that at Georgia despite than, and playing on an elite defense with studs all around him.

I feel the same but wanted Jameson Williams.

I would have been happy with either Williams or Davis but to move back from 12 for next to nothing and draft Cine? A lot of good players passed over for Cine so he'd better pan out into something,

Draft grade right now is looking like a D- to F

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 2986
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 9:22:42 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

quote:

I would have been happy with either Williams or Davis but to move back from 12 for next to nothing and draft Cine? A lot of good players passed over for Cine so he'd better pan out into something,

Prepare to be disappointed. Cine wasn't that good in college. Now he's injured. I wish him a speedy recovery. I have my doubts he'll be a good player after the injury. Being just an average starter would be pretty amazing at this point.
Post #: 2987
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 9:33:17 AM   
ronhextall

I was thinking there was a website that tracked number of snaps taken by draft class.

The Vikings have to be one of the worst for the last couple years.
Post #: 2988
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 9:45:27 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

I was thinking there was a website that tracked number of snaps taken by draft class.

The Vikings have to be one of the worst for the last couple years.

Early results aren't great but you don't grade a draft right now--you rate classes a couple to a few years down the road.

Look at what else was done; for example the Punter is a rookie.

The way I see it, Davis was who I wanted and he has been ok but now hurt. Williams wouldn't be playing yet and the SS the Ravens picked (Hamilton) hasn't lit the world on fire yet either.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2989
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 9:53:39 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Phil the draft looks like a complete bust. Maybe we found a gem in Evans? I mean at least he's seen the field and hasn't been a dumpster fire.
Post #: 2990
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 10:26:16 AM   
Bill Johanesen

No problem with the positions Kwesi targeted in the draft, just the lack of return so far.

A fast safety to bridge the gap to an aged Smith + scraps sounded ok.
A second tier CB chosen to hopefully become a starter.
A guard, nuff said.
A LB, but not a hybrid safety type for a 3-4. F their 'shared Ghanaian heritage'.

IMO Kwesi got too cute for his own good. Kind of like Kevin Costner on Draft Day but without the incredible ending
Post #: 2991
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 10:30:58 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

quote:

Prepare to be disappointed. Cine wasn't that good in college. Now he's injured. I wish him a speedy recovery. I have my doubts he'll be a good player after the injury. Being just an average starter would be pretty amazing at this point.

Yep, Georgia's D had talent all over the place. Cine probably looked great on film barreling down on some receiver or intercepting a pass after the pressured QB just tossed it up for grabs.
Post #: 2992
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 10:38:34 AM   
TJSweens

Cine got hurt in what...hus second game and you guys already know how his carrer is going to pan out and labeled him a bust. You don't know shit. Please stop talking like you do.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2993
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 10:43:47 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Cine got hurt in what...hus second game and you guys already know how his carrer is going to pan out and labeled him a bust. You don't know shit. Please stop talking like you do.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2994
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 11:18:14 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Phil the draft looks like a complete bust. Maybe we found a gem in Evans? I mean at least he's seen the field and hasn't been a dumpster fire.

Nothing that was an alternative has looked that much better; yet.

Post #: 2995
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 11:18:38 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

+1

Post #: 2996
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 11:52:04 AM   
David F.

Yeah +1 for me too on evaluating a draft midway through the first season. It takes three years to evaluate a draft.

On the positive side - I've haven't been so excited to see the Vikes play in a long time. The whupping of last week notwithstanding, I'm eager to see what comes next. Is the team way better than the last few years? Who knows? At least we've been doing enough things right to be sitting at 8-2 which leaves lots of possibilities wide open. I enjoy going into the game not knowing what to expect. It's so much better than knowing we'll compete but Grampa Grumpy will EFF up the game with clock management or some ridiculous commitment to 50's-style football.

Let the excitement of the unknown continue!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2997
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 11:58:50 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

It's an opinion board. I didn't think he was good to begin with. Now he's had a pretty nasty injury. Prepare for disappointment if you're expecting greatness.
Post #: 2998
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 12:00:49 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Nothing that was an alternative has looked that much better; yet.

Staying at 12 gives you a much better chance of getting a good player. That was a viable alternative.
Post #: 2999
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 12:23:13 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

It's an opinion board. I didn't think he was good to begin with. Now he's had a pretty nasty injury. Prepare for disappointment if you're expecting greatness.

Yes, it's an opinion board. I don't know if Cine will be good or not. Neither do you. Just my opinion.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3000
Page:   <<   < prev  118 119 [120] 121 122   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  118 119 [120] 121 122   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode