Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  119 120 [121] 122 123   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 12:40:40 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Cine got hurt in what...hus second game and you guys already know how his carrer is going to pan out and labeled him a bust. You don't know shit. Please stop talking like you do.

It's an opinion board. I didn't think he was good to begin with. Now he's had a pretty nasty injury. Prepare for disappointment if you're expecting greatness.

Yes, it's an opinion board. I don't know if Cine will be good or not. Neither do you. Just my opinion.

Well he never stood out at Georgia and it seems like a horrible pick. I saw a lot of Georgia games. He's overrated even before the injury. Just my opinion.
Post #: 3001
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 1:43:15 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Cine got hurt in what...hus second game and you guys already know how his carrer is going to pan out and labeled him a bust. You don't know shit. Please stop talking like you do.

It's an opinion board. I didn't think he was good to begin with. Now he's had a pretty nasty injury. Prepare for disappointment if you're expecting greatness.

I saw some negative Kwesi comments about the draft; how did grabbing a undrafted rookie punter work out?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3002
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 1:45:32 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

I saw some negative Kwesi comments about the draft; how did grabbing a undrafted rookie punter work out?

He hasn't seemed awesome the last 2 weeks. Overall that seems like a good move though.

< Message edited by Richard Neussendorfer -- 11/23/2022 2:00:11 PM >
Post #: 3003
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 1:49:51 PM   
marty

I wanted the Vikings to take Pickett in the first round, he has shown flashes.

And Pickett may not be in the best system in Pittsburgh, I think KOC may have molded him into a great QB.

But the defense and OL would still have their problems.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3004
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 1:55:20 PM   
marty

David

KOC gives me more hope than Zimmer, but I feel like he has only been able to mask Kirk's weaknesses, and that may only go so far.

After seeing the video BEO just posted on Kirk, along with Kurt Warner's analysis on Kirk a few weeks ago, I feel like it's somewhat predictable what we are going to see with the team, especially if not everything is functioning.

It's unlikely Kirk will lift the team, but he can do enough to beat any team on the schedule, as long as KOC calls a good game, and most of the parts are functioning.

I have low expectations for the playoffs, but you just never know. Just make the playoffs, and anything can happen.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3005
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 2:12:27 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

David

KOC gives me more hope than Zimmer, but I feel like he has only been able to mask Kirk's weaknesses, and that may only go so far.

After seeing the video BEO just posted on Kirk, along with Kurt Warner's analysis on Kirk a few weeks ago, I feel like it's somewhat predictable what we are going to see with the team, especially if not everything is functioning.

It's unlikely Kirk will lift the team, but he can do enough to beat any team on the schedule, as long as KOC calls a good game, and most of the parts are functioning.

I have low expectations for the playoffs, but you just never know. Just make the playoffs, and anything can happen.

Apparently Kirk is one of the few QBs with any weaknesses? I remember Mahomes getting pummelled when his Oline didn't hold up either.....an Oline that doesn't hold for 2.3 seconds is every QBs weakness.

Post #: 3006
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 3:25:03 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

You make it sound like he was the starter ... or even looked like a starter in preseason. He was the back-up and got hurt. Missed his rookie season. By any measure that's a fail out of the gate. Who's judging his career, assuming he has one?

Richard: "looks like a complete bust" (looks not is)
Bill: "the lack of return so far." (so far not is)
Murph: "he'd better pan out into something." (future tense not is)
Tom: "the grade is premature, preliminary, short-sighted." (not is)
Rob: "I'll give Cine a chance though I really disliked the pick..." (not is)
Post #: 3007
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 3:25:15 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

David

Apparently Kirk is one of the few QBs with any weaknesses? I remember Mahomes getting pummelled when his Oline didn't hold up either.....an Oline that doesn't hold for 2.3 seconds is every QBs weakness.

agreed, Mahomes was awful in the Super Bowl against the Bucs, and Kirk didn't have even that much time based on the anlysis.

If the Vikings did get some high draft pick young stud QB and had to play behind a bad line. He might take a beating he can't come back from mentally not to mention physicall.
Post #: 3008
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 3:28:41 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

David

Terrible comparison. Both Burrows and Mahomes have made it to SBs with real bad OLs.

As bad as ours? Hard to tell ... the OL affects the QBs play and the QB affects the OLs play.
Post #: 3009
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 3:59:14 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

You make it sound like he was the starter ... or even looked like a starter in preseason. He was the back-up and got hurt. Missed his rookie season. By any measure that's a fail out of the gate. Who's judging his career, assuming he has one?

Tim ... I don't know if Cine will be good or not

How is that making him sound like a starter?

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3010
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 4:17:48 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

David

Terrible comparison. Both Burrows and Mahomes have made it to SBs with real bad OLs.

As bad as ours? Hard to tell ... the OL affects the QBs play and the QB affects the OLs play.

I look at it differently than that; we played Cincy even and they made it to the Playoffs with one game to two game difference.

Razor thin margin that Zimmer failed at last year with a horrible defense, a horrible Dline, and poor game management.

I look at it as a very good ass whooping. Ingram, etc. on the Oline and the defense were embarrassed. 2nd time this year; after the embarrassment against the Eagles our Rookie HC, etc. made changes. Lets see what happens against NE.

We know 3 things for certain against that Dallas team....1) you cant run medium and deep pass routes like you can against most of the NFL 2) you have to run more and run effectively (GB did) 3) you can't consistently run the soft shell. Your defense is going to have to take some chances.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/23/2022 4:19:13 PM >

Post #: 3011
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 5:00:28 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

No, he got hurt in his 4th game.

The summary of his performance to then came from the horse's mouth when Kwesi said ~ "He's improving on special teams!"

Judging by the tone of your post, one could have concluded half the damn board was calling him a bust. Far from it.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 11/23/2022 5:02:16 PM >
Post #: 3012
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 5:06:37 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Starter? Don't talk about... starter?? You kidding me? Starter? I just hope he can make the roster.
Post #: 3013
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 5:11:22 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Starter? Don't talk about... starter?? You kidding me? Starter? I just hope he can make the roster.

Classic! I remember that presser like it was yesterday.
Post #: 3014
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 5:13:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Backup? With two defensive snaps?

More like the backup to the backup. Hell, even Dwight on The Office was Assistant to the regional manager.
Post #: 3015
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 5:34:47 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Backup? With two defensive snaps?

More like the backup to the backup. Hell, even Dwight on The Office was Assistant to the regional manager.

Fact: Cine is faster than 80% of all snakes and would have been the starter.
Post #: 3016
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 5:40:35 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well Swanns … let me tell you …

Cine getting hurt did not cut short his playing time, outside of special teams.

Could he have gotten on the field as the season progressed and flashed something?

We wont know until next season … so rookie year is on the books and its a scratch.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 11/23/2022 5:42:13 PM >
Post #: 3017
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 5:50:22 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Could he have gotten on the field as the season progressed and flashed something?

We wont know until next season … so rookie year is on the books and its a scratch.

Which is pretty much what I said. He played in 1.5 games and we really have idea if will be good or not. Never came close to implying he was a starter.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3018
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 6:39:22 PM   
marty

Phil

Kirk could have helped his OL quite a bit by making certain completions, instead of taking a sack, and getting strip sacked. If he just completed a few of those throws, it could have had a cumulative effect where later in the drive he's either completing more throws, and they're getting more successful run plays.

It could have dominoed into his OL having VERY different results with regards to pressure.

The Pukers figured out when they came back late in the game against Dallas, that the Puker 2ndary could commit PI over and over, and it wasn't going to get called. At the same time, Dallas got a few holds called against their OL to dig themselves into deep holes. The game may have been "swayed" for the Puke, or they were just very fortunate with the refs, McCarthy was fuming.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3019
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 7:11:29 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Which is pretty much what I said. He played in 1.5 games and we really have idea if will be good or not. Never came close to implying he was a starter.

You are focusing on my word ‘starter’ which is a minor point.. My main gist was you shouting down people for giving up on Cine as a total bust …

I think the majority of people wish he had showed more in his milisecond of opportunity. He didnt. End of story.

Next season / offseason is next chapter.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 11/23/2022 9:18:58 PM >
Post #: 3020
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/23/2022 9:27:54 PM   
marty

I would be more excited about the Vikings' chances against NE if they had commented after the Dallas game that they needed to get to work and fix a whole lot of things.

Instead, they sounded like they were just lucky to have a game in 4 days to hopefully get the taste out of their mouth. But they might not be so lucky. Just like it's good having a win before a bye, winning on Thursday will do good for their meeting with the Jets, you don't want all that time with the loss hanging over you.

Maybe I am reading too much into the player's comments, we'll see.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3021
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2022 5:58:22 AM   
ratoppenheimer

"...the Vikings will be without Andrew Booth and Akayleb Evans for tomorrow’s game. With Cameron Dantzler still on IR, that’s going to leave the Vikings awfully short-handed in the secondary. It sounds like Duke Shelley is going to be the third player in three weeks to start across from Patrick Peterson, and we’ll probably see plenty of Kris Boyd and Tay Gowan in this one as well."...dailynorseman

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3022
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2022 7:27:37 AM   
Todd M

Booth is a bum.
Post #: 3023
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2022 8:22:17 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Booth is a bum.

+1

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3024
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/24/2022 9:04:43 AM   
TJSweens

My son flew in from LA and we are going to the game tonight. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Our d-line will have to dominate and the o-line somehow hold its own.

Post #: 3025
Page:   <<   < prev  119 120 [121] 122 123   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  119 120 [121] 122 123   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode