Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  123 124 [125] 126 127   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 12:27:15 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

quote:

Liked seeing Cousins slamming the ball down when they - yet again - couldn't get the play off in time.

Are the playcalls too long? X-right, fluff, fluff, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, on... seven.

Every game, they have to burn timeouts.

Even with everyone lining up with ten seconds to go can be dicey as they go through a litany of shit. Just hike the damn ball.

It's a real headscratcher for sure. Then you have to add in Cousin's covering the ear holes in his helmet cuz he can't hear the signal call.....AT HOME for crying out loud, that consumes priceless seconds.

But just keep on winning guys.

Just spitballing cuz I didn't research when we couldn't get the next play off in time but I know one was after a deep pass to JJ. Most teams have trouble getting the next play ran in time due to players celebrating and then being tired and just stroll down the field and precious seconds tick off.

Yes one of those plays occurred after what I think was a 36 yard pass. Not 60 or 80 yards. Shit, what would they do if Moss was on the team catching bombs.

With KOC spouting War & Peace every play, they have time to stroll 30 yards (huddling behind the LOS).

our offense operates best when cousins has 10+ seconds to stand in position, survey the defense, bark out the coverage, audibles, checks, etc....

of course, hurry-up is a good change of pace technique, too....

o'connell needs to reorganize our approach to getting all huddled up and play called...tell all that it's okay to congratulate yourselves after a good play, but do it while you're hustling your asses into the huddle....

we really need to go into the playoffs rested; if we can give cook, z'smith & some of the older dudes two weeks rest, it'll give us more pop....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3101
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 12:42:32 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Anyone else notice how Cook seems less elusive than in the past?

That pass out in the flat around the NE 10-15 yard line where he had space would normally have been a TD. Instead he looked like Rudy and was tackled by the first defender.

I was at the game. He did a little too much dancing and just needed to go North and South against that defense.

But, his pass blocking is exceptional and is big part of why Judon and Co. didn't harass Cousins all that much.

this is an issue i noticed with cook and thielen...they try to make moves, or run around tacklers when they just can't do it anymore - it really hurts when they're close to a 1st down; when just plowing between tacklers will get them 2-3 more yards....

Post #: 3102
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 1:03:10 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

quote:

Liked seeing Cousins slamming the ball down when they - yet again - couldn't get the play off in time.

Are the playcalls too long? X-right, fluff, fluff, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, on... seven.

Every game, they have to burn timeouts.

Even with everyone lining up with ten seconds to go can be dicey as they go through a litany of shit. Just hike the damn ball.

It's a real headscratcher for sure. Then you have to add in Cousin's covering the ear holes in his helmet cuz he can't hear the signal call.....AT HOME for crying out loud, that consumes priceless seconds.

But just keep on winning guys.

Just spitballing cuz I didn't research when we couldn't get the next play off in time but I know one was after a deep pass to JJ. Most teams have trouble getting the next play ran in time due to players celebrating and then being tired and just stroll down the field and precious seconds tick off.

Yes one of those plays occurred after what I think was a 36 yard pass. Not 60 or 80 yards. Shit, what would they do if Moss was on the team catching bombs.

With KOC spouting War & Peace every play, they have time to stroll 30 yards (huddling behind the LOS).

our offense operates best when cousins has 10+ seconds to stand in position, survey the defense, bark out the coverage, audibles, checks, etc....

of course, hurry-up is a good change of pace technique, too....

o'connell needs to reorganize our approach to getting all huddled up and play called...tell all that it's okay to congratulate yourselves after a good play, but do it while you're hustling your asses into the huddle....

we really need to go into the playoffs rested; if we can give cook, z'smith & some of the older dudes two weeks rest, it'll give us more pop....

Agree on rest in general for health reasons and for some of the veterans. Beyond that, who knows. The bye didn't help vs Arizona at home. Murray went for 326 and it was anybody's game into the 4th.
Post #: 3103
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 1:28:26 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I should clarify about my SF opinion. We can beat anyone when we are on. We just suck against “power” teams and that’s what I see them as. We really struggle with teams that are great in the trenches. We have as much firepower as anyone but if we get no time we are screwed.

I’ve been more supportive on Cousins than most but lets be honest. When he gets off his axis he’s not very good. And don’t even get me started on the D. They are just old and soft as hell.

good post, mr. instigator.

I agree.
My bad. Instead of getting defensive i could of easily enough laughed it off and said i think you misunderstand me.
Post #: 3104
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 3:16:52 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

What a BS edit that is.
Post #: 3105
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 3:42:51 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

What a BS edit that is.

I agree. What you want to do is just delete and take your lumps. The deception is weak. Anyone who knows Todd knows hed never throw that up there in the middle of a couple of knotheads fighting

But if you can get over to Twitter fast enough and find an obscure stat or quote you can replace the post you hastily threw up there with a chance no one will catch on. That's what id do

- no charge, advice is free
Post #: 3106
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 4:07:12 PM   
Todd M

All I did was realize Tom had already pointed out a correction of SF's record to Ricky so I realized my post didn't add anything..
Post #: 3107
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 4:08:19 PM   
Todd M

Vikings are doing really good btw. Driving towards a top seed.
Post #: 3108
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 4:24:25 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Allen

Vikes need to somewhat blow it up next year.

Get rid of Cook, Kendricks, and Harrison Smith.

Restructure Thielen.

Draft WR, CB, DT, LB, S, QB?

Thielen has a 19 million cap hit and 14 million dead cap. Getting his reduced would help a ton but it will take magic
Harry 19/11
Dalvin 14/65

Spotrac has thielen at $19.9 and $12.5…save $6.4 if we cut him….I’d ask him to cancel the existing deal, and the sign for $4-5mm for 2023….save a couple mm and have no carryover dead cap in future….

Post #: 3109
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 4:28:18 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

All I did was realize Tom had already pointed out a correction of SF's record to Ricky so I realized my post didn't add anything..

Ah, i totally missed that - ouch!

Got the eight games of opp. without winning records, though. Nine tomorrow.

That being said, I think that stat is all too often used as a go to stat of fans to win arguments on how good or bad they want to make a team look
Post #: 3110
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 5:14:18 PM   
joejitsu

Hopefully the time between games is enough for Darrisaw to get better. He is sorely missed on the left side.
Post #: 3111
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 5:17:19 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

Hopefully the time between games is enough for Darrisaw to get better. He is sorely missed on the left side.

While it would be nice to have him back as soon as possible, the remainder of the season and more importantly the longevity of his career are far more important than the game against the Jets. It would be a shame to rush him back and have his promising career cut short.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 3112
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 7:51:05 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Currently a two game lead on other division leaders at would give us two home games.
Post #: 3113
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/26/2022 9:00:00 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

While it would be nice to have him back as soon as possible, the remainder of the season and more importantly the longevity of his career are far more important than the game against the Jets. It would be a shame to rush him back and have his promising career cut short.

Agree with both... hopefully enough time but err on the side of caution. Back to back concussions. Just seems like an abnormally long break would be better if it's one of those ~ well he's barely ready to go, but he can go/he is technically cleared type of things.
Post #: 3114
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2022 5:15:00 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Currently a two game lead on other division leaders at would give us two home games.

2 1/2 on the Hawks/49rs
3 1/2 on Bucs
Post #: 3115
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2022 5:19:29 AM   
Todd M

Go Browns/Raiders/Packers.

All road dogs ..
Post #: 3116
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2022 7:00:10 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

That pass out in the flat around the NE 10-15 yard line where he had space would normally have been a TD. Instead he looked like Rudy and was tackled by the first defender.

All I know is we beat Buffalo with Cooks long run. He is looking for home runs a little too much but it works there.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3117
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2022 7:02:06 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

SF can do all they want. I’ll take my chances if we are healthy when we face them at home.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3118
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2022 9:32:47 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

SF can do all they want. I’ll take my chances if we are healthy when we face them at home.

if the playoffs started today; we'd play seattle at home....

Post #: 3119
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2022 10:11:02 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

All I know is we beat Buffalo with Cooks long run. He is looking for home runs a little too much but it works there.

that speed gun stat had him pretty high in mph.

And check out his slicing through the line on i believe the 2nd and 3rd plays of OT. Stopped my criticism of him ... until stopped, facing the line, and looked to go left or right when all he needed was a head down less than a yard for a first down v. NE. That too me was a horrible effort
Post #: 3120
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2022 10:13:51 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

I think its the opposite. I think he is managing his abuse a little bit … he can still get to top speed on dead run but a little of the niftiness is toned down.

IMO Mattison actually looks more decisive into the hole although he doesnt have Cooks 4th gear.

Cook is often toasted by the end of the year. Hopefully this will prolong some his explosiveness, whats left of it.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 11/27/2022 10:15:10 AM >
Post #: 3121
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2022 10:30:35 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

I think its the opposite. I think he is managing his abuse a little bit … he can still get to top speed on dead run but a little of the niftiness is toned down.

IMO Mattison actually looks more decisive into the hole although he doesnt have Cooks 4th gear.

Cook is often toasted by the end of the year. Hopefully this will prolong some his explosiveness, whats left of it.

Mattison would of got that first down I'm talking about above without a doubt
Post #: 3122
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2022 10:33:25 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

2 1/2 on the Hawks/49rs
3 1/2 on Bucs

Those 1/2 gamers are big
Post #: 3123
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2022 11:41:13 AM   
marty

I think Cook may have just guessed wrong.

It's entirely possible Mattison gets that first, or Cook gets it if he played it right.

I think Cook is reducing wear and tear, plowing straight ahead up the gut on a regular basis is a recipe for injury for a guy like him. The ideal complementary back for him is a tough physical runner like Murray or Zeke. Maybe Mattison, but he seems a little small, or not as solid as Murray or Zeke.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3124
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2022 12:16:04 PM   
marty

I think the Jets will be a good test, and might give us an idea how the Vikings are likely to fare against a team SF at home in the playoffs, they are similar teams, although SF WRs are probably a little better after the catch.

I think the Jets are starting the right QB now in White, and I think NE had their better QB on the bench. I think when he gets a little experience, Zappe will prove to be a little better than Jones.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3125
Page:   <<   < prev  123 124 [125] 126 127   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  123 124 [125] 126 127   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode