Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  127 128 [129] 130 131   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2022 4:42:23 PM   
marty

< Message edited by marty -- 11/29/2022 4:43:29 PM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3201
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2022 4:46:38 PM  1 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I thought we saved Cleveland's career by moving him from RG to LG.

That is a good point Mark, he was a LT in college, so that side might feel more natural for him as well. It may also help to have Darrisaw off to your left, instead of Bradbury.

But I think now that Cleveland has more experience, he might be able to switch to RG and be just as good, while it could make Ingram MUCH better to switch to LG.

I am going along with some of you, in saying this should be done during the off-season, not now.

No! For the love of God lets do it now so you can move on to something else.
Post #: 3202
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2022 4:54:57 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

How low is the bar when you're hanging your hat on your punter?

Look back in history for bad Viking drafts; way too early on this one.

Where in the post was I hanging my hat on a punter?

Many forget how bad Dozier is/was.
Evans will start the next game. I remember the same being said about Rhodes his rookie year.

Many would still be waiting for Jamison's first game if it was up to them.

Anytime anyone questions the draft, you bring up the punter.

>Dozier + udfa punter = good drafting.

Phil sets his bar lower than caterpillar spit, again.

we all understand that the ‘un’ in undrafted means not drafted, dont we?
Post #: 3203
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2022 6:17:41 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Evans will start the next game. I remember the same being said about Rhodes his rookie year.

So Dozier is your standard. You said it multiple times. Dot. Period.

Evans? Someone "starting" due to injuries? THAT is your bar for a starter?

Are you trying to get a minimum wage job with the Vikings as an absurd publicist?
Post #: 3204
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2022 6:19:41 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

In an interview with the Pioneer Press, Cine answered that with conviction.

“Next season, for sure. That’s for sure. … Nothing is going to keep me from playing next season, so I’ll do what I got to do in rehab and come back.”

Yeah, special teams may have a slot for you.

Or not.
Post #: 3205
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2022 6:25:59 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Anytime anyone questions the draft, you bring up the punter.

>Dozier + udfa punter = good drafting.

Phil sets his bar lower than caterpillar spit, again.

we all understand that the ‘un’ in undrafted means not drafted, dont we?

No, "we" all don't.

Punter Phil.

Sort of Marty.
Post #: 3206
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2022 6:30:57 PM   
Bill Johanesen

It's weird how year after year Phil endlessly defends the existing regime. Then when the regime is replaced en masse, he moves seamlessly to defending the next regime.
Post #: 3207
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2022 6:31:01 PM   
Todd M

What if we're the first #2 seed to not play in the division round?

How miserable is the outlook then?
Post #: 3208
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2022 6:36:07 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

In an interview with the Pioneer Press, Cine answered that with conviction.

“Next season, for sure. That’s for sure. … Nothing is going to keep me from playing next season, so I’ll do what I got to do in rehab and come back.”

Yeah, special teams may have a slot for you.

Or not.

Booth quoted as saying; I'll try but chances are I'll be broken in some fashion
Post #: 3209
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2022 7:30:13 PM   
Ricky J

Looks like its a real hoot in here today!

I ain't much of a realist so I'm probably not going to join in all the fun if you don't mind.
Post #: 3210
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2022 8:27:37 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

It's weird how year after year Phil endlessly defends the existing regime. Then when the regime is replaced en masse, he moves seamlessly to defending the next regime.

Nah. I see a 9-2 team that has two rookie starters as not a fail. 3 rookies with the punter. But that is me. 11 games does not make a career..

Boy Bill must have loved Williams who hasn’t played a game yet or Davis who is also out now.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/29/2022 8:31:51 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3211
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/29/2022 8:44:10 PM   
marty

No! For the love of God lets do it now so you can move on to something else.

Thanks Tom, I knew you would come around, it IS a good idea. Didn't mean to make you more grumpy, I am happy to move onto other things. Now everyone, including Bill, shut up about it.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3212
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2022 1:52:14 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

Nah. I see a 9-2 team that has two rookie starters as not a fail. 3 rookies with the punter. But that is me. 11 games does not make a career..

Boy Bill must have loved Williams who hasn’t played a game yet or Davis who is also out now.

they just don't make them like they used to....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3213
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2022 7:04:14 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

It is always convenient to miss the 9-2 part also; didn't realize they would need defending when the record says it all.

The 2 guys I wanted at #1 were Williams or Davis and neither is setting the world on fire. Then at #2 I thought it would be nice to have Watson. That may be an example of a player that could have helped this year the last 6 games.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/30/2022 7:08:52 AM >

Post #: 3214
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2022 8:37:41 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

So the scratchy noise last night was just you moving the goalposts.

You're like Tattoo in Fantasy Island: "The punter! The punter!"
Post #: 3215
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2022 9:51:40 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It is always convenient to miss the 9-2 part also; didn't realize they would need defending when the record says it all.

The 2 guys I wanted at #1 were Williams or Davis and neither is setting the world on fire. Then at #2 I thought it would be nice to have Watson. That may be an example of a player that could have helped this year the last 6 games.

Davis IIRC was playing very well.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3216
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2022 10:01:56 AM   
Mark Anderson

This year is actually a small feather in Speilman's cap (player wise).

Offense: Bradbury, Cousins, Cleveland, Darrisaw, O'Neal, Cook, Mattison, JJ, Thielen, KJ. All producing to some extent.

Defense: PPete, Dantzler, Kendricks, Bynum, Smith, Hunter

New regime has these positive additions. Z, Hock, Hicks, Evans, Wright, Mullens(maybe Kirk didn't need a babysitter(Mannion) telling him to check down if it looks iffy to go downfield)

New regime knocked it out of the park with new coaches so that is a huge negative for Speilman.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 11/30/2022 10:05:31 AM >
Post #: 3217
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2022 10:19:54 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cine, Booth and Ingram can all turn it around but it looks like we really dropped the ball on draft day.

Seattle was being picked to maybe have a chance at #1 pick next year. I saw a list where they have 5 of the top 25 rookies based on production. Now they are a game out of playoffs. A draft like that for us could have made for some easy decisions next year to cut some fat off the roster.
Post #: 3218
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2022 11:14:43 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cine, Booth and Ingram can all turn it around but it looks like we really dropped the ball on draft day.

Seattle was being picked to maybe have a chance at #1 pick next year. I saw a list where they have 5 of the top 25 rookies based on production. Now they are a game out of playoffs. A draft like that for us could have made for some easy decisions next year to cut some fat off the roster.

Because there are always needs, plus the too pricy vets, was hoping a solid draft would be a bridge and give us flexibility.

Instead I guess we could pretend that Cine and Booth are 2023 picks. Cause we don't have much draft capital right now.
Post #: 3219
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2022 11:16:55 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Sign players on the cheap. Almost assuredly.
Shed bloated contracts. Remains to be seen.
Acquire additional draft picks. We are going the other way on that for next year.
Post #: 3220
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2022 5:40:41 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Standing pat and taking Davis and Watson would look much better now than what we did no question. We could have done that right?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3221
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/30/2022 11:22:53 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Standing pat and taking Davis and Watson would look much better now than what we did no question. We could have done that right?

No. Why are you so dense? It's easy to verify. Davis yes, Watson would've required a big trade up to get to 33. Hamilton might have been the guy to take at 12, he went 14.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 3222
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 7:27:42 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

That was only a minor part of my post...but bill the punter the punter. The point was about the rookies....so knock your head against your own goalposts.

When a team is 9-2; the FO deserves credit. You act like they are 2-9 and I am still backing them.
Still haven't heard you interject who you would have had instead......

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 12/1/2022 7:30:51 AM >

Post #: 3223
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 7:50:22 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That was only a minor part of my post...but bill the punter the punter. The point was about the rookies....so knock your head against your own goalposts.

When a team is 9-2; the FO deserves credit. You act like they are 2-9 and I am still backing them.
Still haven't heard you interject who you would have had instead......

No, the point - the topic - was about the draft selections. Specifically, the Vikings draft selections.

You moved the goalposts with your collapsible, portable goalposts you keep in your J.C. Penney pocket protector.

Davis in a small trade down or Jameson Williams if the medicals cleared. Later pick used for highest ranked CB. Obviously, that would not have worked since Philly took Davis at 13. Happy? Did I answer your stupid question?

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 12/1/2022 7:53:51 AM >
Post #: 3224
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 9:54:24 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No. Why are you so dense? It's easy to verify. Davis yes, Watson would've required a big trade up to get to 33. Hamilton might have been the guy to take at 12, he went 14.

I was mixing it up a little. Hence the ? mark I placed on that. Hamilton IMO should have never been a consideration and I don't think he was. The jury should still be deliberating on Booth and Cine. They could still prove to be a better value in the end than the what ifs we could have selected at 12. However, season ending injuries to both was far less than ideal.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 12/1/2022 9:55:36 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3225
Page:   <<   < prev  127 128 [129] 130 131   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  127 128 [129] 130 131   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode