Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  129 130 [131] 132 133   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 9:49:56 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

UDFAs are basically part of the draft. It is actually tougher than the draft because there is no order and it is a free for all.

That being said, early returns on our high draft picks are not good but hopefully will improve.

They are connected … one cant happen without the other … but they are two vastly different, separate processes.

Give credit for finding undrafted talent … but saying we drafted well because we signed an undrafted punter after the draft is absurd.

Phil is a FOD... Front Office Defender.

Just like he blames losses and failed seasons on injuries. In the offseason he was mourning the loss of some 2nd-3rd stringer as a big reason the team faltered.

For him, it's living vicariously siding with "management". His upper crust.

9-2 is my response; they are doing things right.

How do you feel about your Laker FO right now?

Do you see me defending the TWOLVES FO or Twins FO right now?
Vikings FO has done it right.

And away we go.......
Post #: 3251
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 9:51:59 AM   
David F.

He didn't know where the head coach's office was. He. Didn't. Know. Where. The. EFFING. Head. Coach's. Office. Was.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3252
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 10:10:41 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

He didn't know where the head coach's office was. He. Didn't. Know. Where. The. EFFING. Head. Coach's. Office. Was.

So glad he's gone. But then again I soured on him pretty early.
Post #: 3253
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 10:50:17 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

UDFAs are basically part of the draft. It is actually tougher than the draft because there is no order and it is a free for all.

That being said, early returns on our high draft picks are not good but hopefully will improve.

They are connected … one cant happen without the other … but they are two vastly different, separate processes.

Give credit for finding undrafted talent … but saying we drafted well because we signed an undrafted punter after the draft is absurd.

Just like he blames losses and failed seasons on injuries. In the offseason he was mourning the loss of some 2nd-3rd stringer as a big reason the team faltered.

Do you see me defending the TWOLVES FO or Twins FO right now? Vikings FO has done it right.

9-2 is not blanket proof that they did EVERYTHING right. Kwesi hit a home run in coaching hire, and modernizing and revamping the organization as a whole. Good free agent signings, cap management. Another home run in trading for Hockenson.

But the draft has so far been subpar. They are 9-2 with little contribution from rookies. I know injuries have played a role in that, but I have my doubts that anyone would have jumped up even injury free. Cine maybe. He seemed talented but wasn’t impressing anyone on the staff even before he got injured.
Post #: 3254
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 11:47:59 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do you see me defending the TWOLVES FO or Twins FO right now?
Vikings FO has done it right.

And away we go.......

That sound you hear is the sound of a “thumper” single stroke farm diesel engine being fired up to move goal posts…

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 3255
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 11:58:21 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do you see me defending the TWOLVES FO or Twins FO right now? Vikings FO has done it right.

Dumb response

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 3256
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 12:01:55 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lecture 5693

9-2 is universally understood. Everybody feels great about that. IMO this fact is lost on you (and others).

Some of us can feel great about our record and still debate the team's shortcomings.

For instance, you might think of someone like Bill as the salty uncouth barbarian apocalyptic biker dude in Raising Arizona, who rides around throwing grenades at bunnies. I know I do.

IMO you invite that kind of attack by myself and others by compulsively throwing out lame excuses for an infallible version of the team that just doesn't exist. Ping-pong balling between disjointed unconnected points that just don't make sense ... because you feel like you need to defend the team.

Its true, some people like myself put more focus on the negative, in spite of the great record ... that's not disrespecting the team ... some of it is just trying to analyze how the team can get better.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 12/2/2022 1:07:48 PM >
Post #: 3257
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 1:48:16 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Why the string of logical posts to Phil? Do 'you people' think he will have his first-ever Ah Ha moment of clarity?

Don't bother with facts, chronology, bullet points, simple sentences... or anything.

It will all turn to mush.
Post #: 3258
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 2:03:15 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lecture 5693

9-2 is universally understood. Everybody feels great about that. IMO this fact is lost on you (and others).

Some of us can feel great about our record and still debate the team's shortcomings.

For instance, you might think of someone like Bill as the salty uncouth barbarian apocalyptic biker dude in Raising Arizona, who rides around throwing grenades at bunnies. I know I do.

IMO you invite that kind of attack by myself and others by compulsively throwing out lame excuses for an infallible version of the team that just doesn't exist. Ping-pong balling between disjointed unconnected points that just don't make sense ... because you feel like you need to defend the team.

Its true, some people like myself put more focus on the negative, in spite of the great record ... that's not disrespecting the team ... some of it is just trying to analyze how the team can get better.

Oh, must I spell out Kwesi's draft prowess for people...

First, Ingram, Evans, and the punter are starting. That is 9-2 success.

Secondly, the players you wanted to draft have been marginal. See the connection?

Finally, just what has the front offices of your favorite teams in other sports accomplished? HmmMMm? Riddle me that.
Post #: 3259
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 2:04:12 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Wow, I felt psycho writing that. Yet....
Post #: 3260
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 2:23:18 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Why the string of logical posts to Phil? Do 'you people' think he will have his first-ever Ah Ha moment of clarity?

Don't bother with facts, chronology, bullet points, simple sentences... or anything.

Its kinda like throwing punches at the Swamp Thing. You think you’re going to land something good but your hand just sinks in with no effect.

You move on. Eventually you come back, and then ‘the dull yellow eye opens’ again.
Post #: 3261
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 2:59:47 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Its kinda like throwing punches at the Swamp Thing. You think you’re going to land something good but your hand just sinks in with no effect.

You move on. Eventually you come back, and then ‘the dull yellow eye opens’ again.

Best description of debating Phil I've ever read.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3262
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 3:02:34 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Adam Awes
@AdamAwes10K
·
8h
Per
@PFF
, the Vikings have played the 9th hardest schedule so far. The Vikings record is 9-2.

Teams that have had an easier schedule so far:
- 49ers (32nd)
- Eagles (29th)
- Cowboys (22nd)
- Dolphins (20th)
- Chiefs (15th)

But the Vikings seem to be the only fraudulent team🤔

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3263
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 3:29:16 PM   
TJSweens

Except nobody said the Vikings are a fraudulent team. The pocket goal posts have moved again.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3264
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2022 9:53:32 AM  2 votes
Ricky J

Whole bunch of Ed Ingram snaps from the NE game - just to me fair:

https://twitter.com/SeanBormanNFL/status/1599162985225719809?s=20&t=ppivgvgjv_ErAlLMJj-mSw
Post #: 3265
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2022 11:34:49 AM   
Bill Jandro

Way to step up Ricky! You broke a 42 hr post drought

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3266
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2022 11:52:14 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Nobody wants to make a GameDay thread huh?
Post #: 3267
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2022 11:59:24 AM   
HL OSWALD

Guess we are taking week off from Game Day thread?
Post #: 3268
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2022 12:03:29 PM   
joejitsu

They got me waiting in a lobby!!! A little quote from Godfather 2, but it seems to fit the situation now.
Post #: 3269
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2022 12:07:04 PM   
joejitsu

+7 in takeaways now, thanks to Harry getting the pick.
Post #: 3270
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2022 12:07:52 PM   
ronhextall

Smith looked damn slow after INT.
Post #: 3271
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2022 12:08:09 PM   
stfrank

Naked boot isn't there it looks.....will probably see it a few more times tho.
Post #: 3272
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2022 12:09:21 PM   
joejitsu

Crap! We got 3, but I wanted to see a td.
Post #: 3273
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2022 12:10:38 PM   
stfrank

I just made a Game Day thread....
Post #: 3274
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/4/2022 3:21:03 PM   
ronhextall

Seems to be analytics that say to go for it on 4th and 3+ yards on your own end of the field but how about some analysis on why the offense completely sucks in the 3rd quarter of every game.
Post #: 3275
Page:   <<   < prev  129 130 [131] 132 133   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  129 130 [131] 132 133   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode