Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  132 133 [134] 135 136   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 9:32:11 AM   
GopherFan34

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

There's lots of room for the Eagles to lose a couple more games. I don't want a pussy foot around with this it's right here in front of us I want us to grab it.

Also the Eagles have one of the hardest schedules remaining; we have one of the easiest....still have to win them.

I hate the " easier schedule line" nothing comes easy for this team. I would be worried if we were playing the Texan's!!
Post #: 3326
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 9:35:03 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

There's lots of room for the Eagles to lose a couple more games. I don't want a pussy foot around with this it's right here in front of us I want us to grab it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3327
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 9:36:15 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

quote:

quote:

Also the Eagles have one of the hardest schedules remaining; we have one of the easiest....still have to win them.

I hate the " easier schedule line" nothing comes easy for this team. I would be worried if we were playing the Texan's!!

I always expect us to win, but I'm always aware that we could lose.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3328
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 10:07:42 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

I'm not sure I agree. At the very least I think it highly unlikely Philly loses a 2 game edge on the Vikings to give up the #1 seed

wk 14 Philly @ NYG, MN @ Det - push
wk 15 Philly @ Chi, Indy @ MN - push
wk 16 Philly @ Dal, NYG @ MN - slight edge MN
wk 17 NO @ Philly, MN @ GB - push at best
wk 18 NYG @ Philly, MN @ Chi - edge to MN

Probably a pessimistic view point, but it can't be too far off
Post #: 3329
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 10:28:21 AM   
Todd M

I've driven myself crazy looking at the seedings and potential matchups but the chips will fall as they will. Week off or not, HFA or not, easier seedings or not, we're gonna have to go through a strong team or 2 to get to the SB.

Whatever happens happens...just so badly want to hear the words: And the Vikings are off to the Super Bowl.
Post #: 3330
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 11:48:13 AM   
jbusse

Trying to make sense of the disparity between the defense's yards allowed vs. points allowed and red zone efficiency. It seems reasonable to believe that the defense's lack of speed would be less detrimental in the red zone where they're defending less open space.
Post #: 3331
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 11:52:35 AM   
stfrank

quote:

I've driven myself crazy looking at the seedings and potential matchups but the chips will fall as they will. Week off or not, HFA or not, easier seedings or not, we're gonna have to go through a strong team or 2 to get to the SB.

Whatever happens happens...just so badly want to hear the words: And the Vikings are off to the Super Bowl.

I've seen them off to the Super Bowl 4 times and was disappointed every time. I want to hear the words: And the Minnesota Vikings are your Super Bowl Champions!
Post #: 3332
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 12:00:20 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

vikings' defense was situationally outstanding:

3/16 3rd down, 2/5 on 4th down
1/6 red zone
83 plays total and 4 chunk plays = 170 yds
other 79 plays averaged 4yds/play

four 60-yard field goals have been kicked against the vikings this season - in the NFL, thirty 60-yard field goals have been kicked 'all time' = 13.3% of all 60-yarders ever kicked have been kicked against the vikings this season....

Also, one of those chunk plays came after Evans was allowed back in after clearing concussion protocol and it was his man that made the play. After that he was done for the day. He clearly wasn't right and shouldn't have been back on the field.
Post #: 3333
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 12:12:59 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

vikings' defense was situationally outstanding:

3/16 3rd down, 2/5 on 4th down
1/6 red zone
83 plays total and 4 chunk plays = 170 yds
other 79 plays averaged 4yds/play

four 60-yard field goals have been kicked against the vikings this season - in the NFL, thirty 60-yard field goals have been kicked 'all time' = 13.3% of all 60-yarders ever kicked have been kicked against the vikings this season....

Also, one of those chunk plays came after Evans was allowed back in after clearing concussion protocol and it was his man that made the play. After that he was done for the day. He clearly wasn't right and shouldn't have been back on the field.

I thought I heard/read he initial passed the Vikings assessment as well as an independent one (whatever that is) required by the NFL. I haven't heard any recent criticisms of those assessments and that they lean towards the side of caution.

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 12/6/2022 12:14:18 PM >
Post #: 3334
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 12:16:05 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

I've seen them off to the Super Bowl 4 times and was disappointed every time. I want to hear the words: And the Minnesota Vikings are your Super Bowl Champions!

I totally understand it's a different ballgame for life long fans. I've only had the 4 NFCCG"s dating back to 98 leaving me longing.

I certainly would be crushed if my 1st Vikings SB was a loss but I just want that...knowing we're in and all the delicious 2 weeks of hype.

Saying that...let's win it all.
Post #: 3335
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 1:38:23 PM   
bongbong

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

I'm not sure I agree. At the very least I think it highly unlikely Philly loses a 2 game edge on the Vikings to give up the #1 seed

Solid analysis Ricky, with one quibble: week 17 is a big edge to Philly. NO sucks (haha!) and even if Erin's off huffing ayahuasca, get ready for "... and Christian Watson shatters the rookie record for td's in a game".
Maybe it was garbage time/no film on the new guy, but was anyone else depressed by how good the Pekkers' back up QB looked the other week? Or maybe Collingworth was hyping him up.
Post #: 3336
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 1:50:38 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: bongbong

quote:

quote:

quote:

Solid analysis Ricky, with one quibble: week 17 is a big edge to Philly. NO sucks (haha!) and even if Erin's off huffing ayahuasca, get ready for "... and Christian Watson shatters the rookie record for td's in a game".
Maybe it was garbage time/no film on the new guy, but was anyone else depressed by how good the Pekkers' back up QB looked the other week? Or maybe Collingworth was hyping him up.

ha ha, I hear ya!

Actually Love looked very sharp to me in limited duty. They kicked it deep after his scoring drive and the 3 TOs didn't help getting 'em the ball back. I was curious what he could of done in if allowed one last drive
Post #: 3337
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 1:56:50 PM   
GopherFan34

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Small sample size on Love. When defense's start preparing for him and he gets wacked around for a few games. Maybe he's all that and mabe he's not.
Post #: 3338
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 2:15:01 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Small sample size on Love. When defense's start preparing for him and he gets wacked around for a few games. Maybe he's all that and mabe he's not.

But, when the sample size is small better to look good than look bad ...
Post #: 3339
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 4:00:27 PM   
Bill Johanesen

I've had a sinking feeling with @GB and @Chi, both in Jan, ever since the schedule came out.
Post #: 3340
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 4:07:21 PM   
Pauldiercks1

I have had a sinking feeling about Detroit also.
We struggled to get past them at home and they seem to be scoring at a good clip again. Maybe they don't play with the same zest as when they had plans to contend in the division but Detroit is not as bad as the record indicates.
Post #: 3341
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 7:15:40 PM   
Bill Jandro

The reason why this team can't win comfortably is because the offense does absolutely nothing in the 3rd qtr. Ran 12 plays and gained 10 yards against the Jets in the 3rd qtr.

While were the #1 4th qtr team I'm guessing we may very well be the worst 3rd qtr team.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3342
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 8:06:26 PM   
marty

Cousins doesn't think quickly enough in the 3rd quarter, and his throws aren't as good. He has urgency, speeds things up in the 4th quarter.

I watch every 3rd quarter and just want the quarter to end, I want both teams just running the clock out.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3343
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 8:19:33 PM   
Bill Jandro

Might be poor halftime adjustments. KOC needs to improve in this area.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3344
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 8:51:03 PM   
Ricky J

To me it's such a no-brainer bringing these away uniforms back:

https://twitter.com/VikeFans/status/1600261214378283008?s=20&t=W13hdPtMjss3eQ7aKP0diA
Post #: 3345
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/6/2022 8:59:02 PM   
marty

Yes, I think KOC maybe gets Kirk thinking too much, instead of playing with the urgency of the 4th quarter, so Kirk is slowed down a tad in the 3rd quarter.

Give Kirk some Adderall at halftime, and he will be fine.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3346
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2022 7:40:47 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Baker Mayfield.. now a waiver bait QB trying to salvage a career in the nfl…

Cleavland, where QB’s go to get messed up, them traded to and waved buy Carolina…

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 12/7/2022 7:42:41 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 3347
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2022 8:12:18 AM   
GopherFan34

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

I've had a sinking feeling with @GB and @Chi, both in Jan, ever since the schedule came out.
[/quote

Hanging onto the 2 seed may require us to win both. Hope not!
Post #: 3348
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2022 10:33:09 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Might be poor halftime adjustments. KOC needs to improve in this area.

Don't forget. he's new at this shit.

I have faith he will improve

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3349
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/7/2022 11:08:41 AM   
Pauldiercks1

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Yes, I think KOC maybe gets Kirk thinking too much, instead of playing with the urgency of the 4th quarter, so Kirk is slowed down a tad in the 3rd quarter.

Give Kirk some Adderall at halftime, and he will be fine.

I was wondering if it's more Cousins gets a lead and then becomes too conservative with a lead not wanting to take a chance on an interception. Then he's forced again late in the game to press some things and be sharp.
The third qtr. is very bad but at times it seems it's after a great opening drive the offense goes stagnant until the fourth qtr.
Post #: 3350
Page:   <<   < prev  132 133 [134] 135 136   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  132 133 [134] 135 136   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode